Boo birds at A2

MISFIT442
1/21/2010 10:16am Edited Date/Time 1/24/2014 7:23pm
GuyB wrote:
I know JMB had his on-track battles, but I was at Anaheim one year when they were booing him. Maybe booing is just a sign that...
I know JMB had his on-track battles, but I was at Anaheim one year when they were booing him.

Maybe booing is just a sign that you've made it?
Rupert X
1/21/2010 10:19am

One time, on a domestic flight to Vegas - they announced that drinks would no longer

be served. I reluctantly joined the symphony of boos, not just to impress my

seat-mates, but due to a solid dissatisfaction with the peanut-quality, the lack of

diversity in the beer-selection available, and the general manner in which

the pilot uttered too many "errrs", "Aaaahs" and commentary - that simply lacked

sincerity or significance.
Torco1
1/21/2010 10:23am
With all the crap that has gone down at and since Phoenix the boo birds will be out in full force against James Stewart. Not a...
With all the crap that has gone down at and since Phoenix the boo birds will be out in full force against James Stewart. Not a pretty picture for the sport!
Was that the time when that group was giving him the finger and yelling racist crap everytime he rode by.........and Malcolm and his mom were standing right there?
ocscottie
1/21/2010 10:25am
With all the crap that has gone down at and since Phoenix the boo birds will be out in full force against James Stewart. Not a...
With all the crap that has gone down at and since Phoenix the boo birds will be out in full force against James Stewart. Not a pretty picture for the sport!
Torco1 wrote:
Was that the time when that group was giving him the finger and yelling racist crap everytime he rode by.........and Malcolm and his mom were standing...
Was that the time when that group was giving him the finger and yelling racist crap everytime he rode by.........and Malcolm and his mom were standing right there?
That was in the US Nats at Southwick. They were even holding up a sign.

The Shop

1/21/2010 10:25am
Why do people have to spin this? Maybe people booed JMB for the same reason a Giants fan boos the Eagles. They root for the home...
Why do people have to spin this?

Maybe people booed JMB for the same reason a Giants fan boos the Eagles. They root for the home team.

People boo Terrell Owens because his public persona makes him appear to be unlikeable. People boo Manny Ramirez because his public persona makes him appear to be a unlikeable as well. And people will boo James too, because his public persona makes him appear to be a self-centered, spoiled kid. The paying public has every right to express their opinion. What people know of him, some do not like. Has nothing to do with the fact that he can race a scooter better than anyone on the planet. That is besides the point.
GuyB wrote:
I'm a spin doctor now? Can I add that to my resume?
Haha, no...

But, why do people feel that the booing is unwarranted just because someone can ride a motorcycle well? Or, if they boo a rider "putting it all on the line", then they are not a "true fan."

I would rather have my children boo someone (or simply not cheer or clap) for being a dipshit or spoiled brat off the track, than cheer because they can scrub a triple better than anyone else in the field.

gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
1/21/2010 10:38am
Why do people have to spin this? Maybe people booed JMB for the same reason a Giants fan boos the Eagles. They root for the home...
Why do people have to spin this?

Maybe people booed JMB for the same reason a Giants fan boos the Eagles. They root for the home team.

People boo Terrell Owens because his public persona makes him appear to be unlikeable. People boo Manny Ramirez because his public persona makes him appear to be a unlikeable as well. And people will boo James too, because his public persona makes him appear to be a self-centered, spoiled kid. The paying public has every right to express their opinion. What people know of him, some do not like. Has nothing to do with the fact that he can race a scooter better than anyone on the planet. That is besides the point.
GuyB wrote:
I'm a spin doctor now? Can I add that to my resume?
Haha, no... But, why do people feel that the booing is unwarranted just because someone can ride a motorcycle well? Or, if they boo a rider...
Haha, no...

But, why do people feel that the booing is unwarranted just because someone can ride a motorcycle well? Or, if they boo a rider "putting it all on the line", then they are not a "true fan."

I would rather have my children boo someone (or simply not cheer or clap) for being a dipshit or spoiled brat off the track, than cheer because they can scrub a triple better than anyone else in the field.

Why would they boo RC and CR then?
Torco1
1/21/2010 10:45am
To me, any "true fan" of mx or sx wouldnt or doesnt boo anybody........they are to busy being mesmerized at how well these guys can ride their dirtbikes.......and wishing we could do it like that.
Rupert X
1/21/2010 10:48am
Torco1 wrote:
To me, any "true fan" of mx or sx wouldnt or doesnt boo anybody........they are to busy being mesmerized at how well these guys can ride...
To me, any "true fan" of mx or sx wouldnt or doesnt boo anybody........they are to busy being mesmerized at how well these guys can ride their dirtbikes.......and wishing we could do it like that.

Well said, sir.

Booing should be reserved for the $8.95 cup o' beer-water.
DrSweden
1/21/2010 11:15am
Tiki wrote:
[img]http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/1/21/129085688394181217.png[/img]
Nice work! Smile
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
1/21/2010 11:18am
Tiki wrote:
[img]http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/1/21/129085688394181217.png[/img]
DrSweden wrote:
Nice work! Smile
X2 Tiki
Butters
1/21/2010 12:24pm
I boo other posters on here. Just sayin...
Friday
1/21/2010 12:53pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2010 12:55pm
Torco1 wrote:
To me, any "true fan" of mx or sx wouldnt or doesnt boo anybody........they are to busy being mesmerized at how well these guys can ride...
Exactly. I applaud the riders I like the most the loudest.I pretty much applaud them all for being out there and competing at that level. If there is someone I don't care for as a rider or his off track exploits, I may choose not to applaud at all.I mean,I'm here at a sporting event that I love, watching guys do things I wish I could do.Making a face and uttering the one syllable word "Boooooo!" at the top of my lungs just seems a rediculous show of ignorance and disrespect. Again,I say just go to your bathroom mirror and have at it. How intelligent do you look? Tongue
crf250pilot
1/21/2010 1:00pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2010 1:01pm
At Phoenix, they Boo'd both Reed and JBS. IT9 seemed to get the loudest applause from where we were standing. But then again, he came down...
At Phoenix, they Boo'd both Reed and JBS. IT9 seemed to get the loudest applause from where we were standing. But then again, he came down our isle during the introductions.
Chad was definitely boo'd louder than James during the intros where we were sitting in Phx.

Post a reply to: Boo birds at A2

The Latest