Boise Idaho Tracks?

Jackace
Edited Date/Time 10/25/2015 10:55pm
Just wondering where everyone in the Boise area is riding? I know about OMC, but it's private, and Pleasant Valley has closed. I have heard about a few other private tracks, but not many options for public tracks that I can find in the area.
|
6/15/2015 10:19pm
I think OMC is the only game in town. It's not that hard to become a member. I heard Pleasant Valley is going to reopen with a new owner but not sure of details. It's a shame that place has no tracks, they have a pretty serious moto scene too.....
6/15/2015 10:20pm
Mountain home had a track not sure if it's still going? Cole Siebler has/had a compound up in Emmett...
Jackace
6/15/2015 11:51pm
I thought the Mountain Home track got shut down as well. Also the Emmet track I heard is no longer maintained so they do not let people ride it.
Jt$
6/16/2015 6:43am
Lots of people ride at Little Gem in Emmett... It's more of an open area but has tracks worn in.

The Shop

goinrcn44h
Fantasy
788th
6/16/2015 6:44am
https://www.claypeak.com/

From nampa there is a place just south of town called pickle butte. It is across the street from the dump. couple hundred acres of mostly sandy soil. Rode there 3-4 times a week for 13 years. At one time new the weeds by name.. :I

http://www.idahopress.com/members/pickles-butte-dirt-bike-trail-area-im…
Jackace
6/16/2015 6:48am
Jt$ wrote:
Lots of people ride at Little Gem in Emmett... It's more of an open area but has tracks worn in.
Yeah little gem is where I go riding now. The tracks there are mostly mini tracks though. It's still a fun place, but I would like to go to an actual track a few times a month if I could find one.
Jt$
6/16/2015 6:51am
Jackace wrote:
Yeah little gem is where I go riding now. The tracks there are mostly mini tracks though. It's still a fun place, but I would like...
Yeah little gem is where I go riding now. The tracks there are mostly mini tracks though. It's still a fun place, but I would like to go to an actual track a few times a month if I could find one.
Become a member at OMC and go there on Wednesday's and weekends... As said above, that's the best bet around.
Jackace
6/16/2015 6:53am
goinrcn44h wrote:
https://www.claypeak.com/ From nampa there is a place just south of town called pickle butte. It is across the street from the dump. couple hundred acres of...
https://www.claypeak.com/

From nampa there is a place just south of town called pickle butte. It is across the street from the dump. couple hundred acres of mostly sandy soil. Rode there 3-4 times a week for 13 years. At one time new the weeds by name.. :I

http://www.idahopress.com/members/pickles-butte-dirt-bike-trail-area-im…
I went by and checked out Clay Peak and it looks like at one time that was a good track. Doesn't look like they have done any maintenance to it this year though. I saw a bunch of big rocks in the middle of the track with spots completely washed out from rain/snow.

Does the Nampa place have a track or is it more like little gem?
goinrcn44h
Fantasy
788th
6/16/2015 7:09am
Pickle Butte is just open areas, but way way back in the day there were some pretty good sand tracks and such in the areas, you just need to ride around and locate them.
Jackace
6/16/2015 7:59am
Jackace wrote:
Yeah little gem is where I go riding now. The tracks there are mostly mini tracks though. It's still a fun place, but I would like...
Jt$ wrote:
Become a member at OMC and go there on Wednesday's and weekends... As said above, that's the best bet around.
Yeah I have been thinking about it. Probably have to wait until next year though. They require you to work so many hours and attend 3 meetings of their monthly meetings. I will be out of town for next month's meeting. If I do it I will probably do all the meetings this fall/winter and prepare for next year to join.
Jackace
6/16/2015 8:04am
Another track I heard about is the Supercross style track at WPS. Not sure what it takes to get access to that track, but I would assume you have to work for them and/or be sponsored by them.
Jackace
10/23/2015 9:20pm
Sorry to bump this older thread, but I heard a rumor that Pleasant Valley MX track was sold back to the original owner and they plan to reopen it. Wondering if anyone on here has heard anything about that or knows a time frame on reopening?
10/24/2015 3:54pm
Jackace wrote:
Yeah I have been thinking about it. Probably have to wait until next year though. They require you to work so many hours and attend 3...
Yeah I have been thinking about it. Probably have to wait until next year though. They require you to work so many hours and attend 3 meetings of their monthly meetings. I will be out of town for next month's meeting. If I do it I will probably do all the meetings this fall/winter and prepare for next year to join.
I think you can just pay a fee to ride and not do any work. I think it's like $400-$600 per year which is a great deal.
moto726
10/24/2015 4:02pm
Jackace wrote:
Sorry to bump this older thread, but I heard a rumor that Pleasant Valley MX track was sold back to the original owner and they plan...
Sorry to bump this older thread, but I heard a rumor that Pleasant Valley MX track was sold back to the original owner and they plan to reopen it. Wondering if anyone on here has heard anything about that or knows a time frame on reopening?
Last I heard they were trying to see if people wanted to ride and a bunch of us said hell yeah and when it came down to it actually happening whoever was in charge of the track backed out, that's the last I've heard about the track "re-opening" but who knows what will happen. Mountain Home opened back up this year though!
Jackace
10/24/2015 7:13pm
moto726 wrote:
Last I heard they were trying to see if people wanted to ride and a bunch of us said hell yeah and when it came down...
Last I heard they were trying to see if people wanted to ride and a bunch of us said hell yeah and when it came down to it actually happening whoever was in charge of the track backed out, that's the last I've heard about the track "re-opening" but who knows what will happen. Mountain Home opened back up this year though!
Yeah I heard Mt Home opened back up that is good to hear. I was talking with the guys at Moto One today and they said the issue out at Pleasant Valley is for all those years they didn't have a conditional use permit from the county and now the county has stopped offering those permits. if that is true then the track is dead unless the county changes it's stance on conditional use permits.
Jackace
10/24/2015 7:16pm
I think you can just pay a fee to ride and not do any work. I think it's like $400-$600 per year which is a great...
I think you can just pay a fee to ride and not do any work. I think it's like $400-$600 per year which is a great deal.
Yeah they have the non-working option but it's $700 a year. Not a bad price if you can average 4+ rides a month.
moto726
10/24/2015 8:58pm
Jackace wrote:
Yeah I heard Mt Home opened back up that is good to hear. I was talking with the guys at Moto One today and they said...
Yeah I heard Mt Home opened back up that is good to hear. I was talking with the guys at Moto One today and they said the issue out at Pleasant Valley is for all those years they didn't have a conditional use permit from the county and now the county has stopped offering those permits. if that is true then the track is dead unless the county changes it's stance on conditional use permits.
Mtn home is a great track! Oh well I guess that explains the sudden turn around in the decision not to have a practice then...OMC has some public practices but I think it's really only right before a race or every great once and a while. I wish Glenn's Ferry would open back up but I don't think that will ever happen
Jackace
10/24/2015 10:46pm
moto726 wrote:
Mtn home is a great track! Oh well I guess that explains the sudden turn around in the decision not to have a practice then...OMC has...
Mtn home is a great track! Oh well I guess that explains the sudden turn around in the decision not to have a practice then...OMC has some public practices but I think it's really only right before a race or every great once and a while. I wish Glenn's Ferry would open back up but I don't think that will ever happen
Is the Mt Home track still open or did they close until Spring?

Post a reply to: Boise Idaho Tracks?

The Latest