Bob Hannah: Tell Us a Story (Check out this photo)

8/25/2015 8:40pm
1981 250 National at Sunshine Speedway in St. Petersburg, Florida. It was 105 degrees and they rode this close the whole moto. Remember when you could get this close to the track at a National?

I was there. 21st in the second moto. I'm sure I got lapped at least once.

8/26/2015 1:55am
I have read another take on that alcohol story from Marty Tripes,

Apparently the bowl was full of orange juice with just a splash of Vodka on top, to anybody who dipped their finger into it tasted the Vodka,

He boasted he made big buck out of that bet.
Arkmx
8/26/2015 11:12am
1981 250 National at Sunshine Speedway in St. Petersburg, Florida. It was 105 degrees and they rode this close the whole moto. Remember when you could...
1981 250 National at Sunshine Speedway in St. Petersburg, Florida. It was 105 degrees and they rode this close the whole moto. Remember when you could get this close to the track at a National?

I was there. 21st in the second moto. I'm sure I got lapped at least once.

Cool photos Mike..! Did Pam take the photos?

The Shop

BigDaddyG
8/26/2015 12:53pm
That was great!!

He is from the same town as I was growing up. One of my best friends growing up, his dad was good buddies with Bob, used to drive him to the BMX races and then moto tracks when Bob started racing since Bob didn't have a truck or license or whatever.....so anyways, I meet this kid in the 7th grade and quickly become good friends. Stayed at eachothers house's all the time, rode together, always racing on the weekends, etc... One day we go into his little shop in the back yard and there is the holy grail of moto!!!!!

He has a 96 RM80 with 2 wooden crates full of extra parts, extra wheels, stacks of tires, swing arms, frames, pipes, bottom ends, top ends, you name it there was a few of everything.

His Dad had a full factory Suzuki RM 250, 1986, upside down works forks, aluminum tank, hand made rotors, factory calipers, etc...and again crate after crate of works parts. Bob would send them this every year, and I know the factory bikes went back, they were loaners or whatever but were supposedly the exact factory bike that Bob raced. I was a 14 year old and rode them out at Bean canyon with my buddy, his dad and Bob, it was awesome, us 2 kids on 80's while those 2 were flying up the hills. Def. a life long memory there Smile
BobbyM
8/27/2015 6:53pm
huck wrote:
Hannah wouldn't be a top 10 rider these days.....

How could any sane person come to that conclusion?
He'd be in front of em....
BobbyM
8/27/2015 6:56pm
I have read another take on that alcohol story from Marty Tripes, Apparently the bowl was full of orange juice with just a splash of Vodka...
I have read another take on that alcohol story from Marty Tripes,

Apparently the bowl was full of orange juice with just a splash of Vodka on top, to anybody who dipped their finger into it tasted the Vodka,

He boasted he made big buck out of that bet.
Nope... Self regurgitation
Outsider
8/27/2015 8:44pm
One thing that I always notice about these old pics is that average fans were always much thinner than they are now... sad and scary
CR250Rider
10/5/2015 1:04pm
Outsider wrote:
One thing that I always notice about these old pics is that average fans were always much thinner than they are now... sad and scary
And Bevo doesn't look so fat anymore Sad
Sandberm
10/5/2015 1:33pm
Outsider wrote:
Its the normal length shorts...not these girl pants guys call shorts now a days.
edgo897
10/5/2015 2:41pm
I remember waiting for Hannah to go through a whoop section at Gatorback. The section before the finish. He rode on the weeds at the bottom of the fencing where there were no whoops. Two inches off the fence wide open.

Post a reply to: Bob Hannah: Tell Us a Story (Check out this photo)

The Latest