Blake Wharton - 2012?

Ddavis
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 5:11pm
Where will he land? Geico? Somewhere else?

I think he'd be good over at Rockstar Suzuki, they need someone that can give them podiums.
|
Stephon
8/20/2011 6:53pm
You make it sound so easy. I think Blake can definitely get on the podium, but I don't know if he'd be a regular podium guy. I hope gets well, a great ride and back out there soon.
MX Culture
8/20/2011 7:34pm
Star, Rockstar, he'll land somehwere decent.
CamP
8/20/2011 10:00pm
Blake is a cool kid. I hope he does well when he comes back.
redalert144
Fantasy
3087th
8/20/2011 11:04pm
All anyone has said is Blake will be on Geico FC as a 5th guy SX only. Being as there have been 7 riders under their tent this year, I think it's safe to say he'll prolly stay on through out the year

The Shop

cmess77
8/20/2011 11:53pm
Blake will be fast..... Cannot think of 6 riders raster than him.

So either its geico or pc.....

Blake ain't going away.....
Deano Bagget Barcia Tomac Hahn Tickle Roczen Musquin Seely Bogle Cunningham JimmyD. Durham and Lemoine on good bikes. Blake is a great rider, obviously, but he was battling with Lemoine-on a full privateer bike out of a van-all year long.
TerryB
8/21/2011 12:13pm
I would love to see Blake with a PC ride!
TX24
8/21/2011 12:23pm
Hope "Little Slash" gets back out there soon.
8/21/2011 12:48pm

cmess77 wrote:
Deano Bagget Barcia Tomac Hahn Tickle Roczen Musquin Seely Bogle Cunningham JimmyD. Durham and Lemoine on good bikes. Blake is a great rider, obviously, but he...
Deano Bagget Barcia Tomac Hahn Tickle Roczen Musquin Seely Bogle Cunningham JimmyD. Durham and Lemoine on good bikes. Blake is a great rider, obviously, but he was battling with Lemoine-on a full privateer bike out of a van-all year long.
Reduce your list to only riders who had podiums in 2011 sx.

Tickle has pointed out.

Thanks for playing.
Renner153
Fantasy
3583rd
8/21/2011 12:51pm

cmess77 wrote:
Deano Bagget Barcia Tomac Hahn Tickle Roczen Musquin Seely Bogle Cunningham JimmyD. Durham and Lemoine on good bikes. Blake is a great rider, obviously, but he...
Jimmy d? Seriously? That's probably the funniest thing I've read on this board. When has Jimmy d ever beat Blake straight up? Has he even beat home when Blake fell? Jimmy d is decent indoors one round and outdoors around 15th. Wharton will be top 5 consistently indoors and out
cmess77
8/21/2011 3:00pm Edited Date/Time 8/21/2011 3:56pm

cmess77 wrote:
Reduce your list to only riders who had podiums in 2011 sx.

Tickle has pointed out.

Thanks for playing.
Hahn, Durham and Musquin were injured. Bogle was an amateur. Only JimmyD and Lemoine didn't have podums, besides the aformentioned. Lemoine had 3 4th's, a few of which were ahead of Blake on a full privateer Kawi out of a van. Jimmy had 1 4th, and missed 3 rounds. Every rider on that list is faster than Wharton
cmess77
8/21/2011 3:53pm Edited Date/Time 8/21/2011 3:55pm

cmess77 wrote:
Renner153 wrote:
Jimmy d? Seriously? That's probably the funniest thing I've read on this board. When has Jimmy d ever beat Blake straight up? Has he even beat...
Jimmy d? Seriously? That's probably the funniest thing I've read on this board. When has Jimmy d ever beat Blake straight up? Has he even beat home when Blake fell? Jimmy d is decent indoors one round and outdoors around 15th. Wharton will be top 5 consistently indoors and out
You see Wharton consistently beating all but 4 of any of those riders? Now that is the funniest thing I have read on this board. Wharton is one of the best motocross racers in the world, and infinitely better than I can even fathom, however every rider on that list can finish ahead of him.
Renner153
Fantasy
3583rd
8/21/2011 4:12pm
cmess77 wrote:
You see Wharton consistently beating all but 4 of any of those riders? Now that is the funniest thing I have read on this board. Wharton...
You see Wharton consistently beating all but 4 of any of those riders? Now that is the funniest thing I have read on this board. Wharton is one of the best motocross racers in the world, and infinitely better than I can even fathom, however every rider on that list can finish ahead of him.
I'm not a big fan of wharton but he is faster than Jimmy d. Cunningham in Sx can't stay off the ground. Musquin seems to be hurt the whole time he is here. Seely is either really fast or off the pace. Not sure how he would stack up to Durham or lemoine indoors but he would beat lemoine outdoors
VOODOO27
8/21/2011 4:12pm
cmess77 wrote:
You see Wharton consistently beating all but 4 of any of those riders? Now that is the funniest thing I have read on this board. Wharton...
Wharton was racing with 2 bad shoulders this Supercross season, wasn't he? That's why he went in for surgery before the Nats to get himself healed up, with the goal to be 100% healthy at the start of the 2012. If Wharton was able to do as well as he was did this year with his shoulders popping out and hurting, I would expect him to be even more consistent with better finishes next year.
Danster
8/21/2011 4:18pm
Blake Wharton will be racing the 2012 Grand Prix's, Had a offer to race the Grand Prix's this year

(After Supercross).

What happen to his brother (Tyler) use to be faster when they were younger?
chrisbuehler
8/21/2011 4:55pm
Renner153 wrote:
Jimmy d? Seriously? That's probably the funniest thing I've read on this board. When has Jimmy d ever beat Blake straight up? Has he even beat...
Geez Jimmy is a local and even I second that. He's nowhere near Blakes league outdoors. I know Durham has stepped it up this year and they didn't get a chance to race each other, but I can't recall him ever beating Blake. It's kind of out of sight, out of mind. People forget the speed he has and if he could stay injury free, I think he could win races. Just my humble opinion and wow, is there alot of talent out there right now! We are all in for some great racing in the coming years
Ddavis
8/21/2011 5:47pm

cmess77 wrote:
Renner153 wrote:
I'm a bigger fan of Decotis than Wharton but even I can admit that Wharton is way faster than Decotis. Wharton had podiums outdoors and a win in supecross, nearly won Atlanta this year actually. Would have won if not for washing out, he had a decent sized lead.
Rizzo
8/21/2011 6:04pm
Renner153 wrote:
I'm not a big fan of wharton but he is faster than Jimmy d. Cunningham in Sx can't stay off the ground. Musquin seems to be...
I'm not a big fan of wharton but he is faster than Jimmy d. Cunningham in Sx can't stay off the ground. Musquin seems to be hurt the whole time he is here. Seely is either really fast or off the pace. Not sure how he would stack up to Durham or lemoine indoors but he would beat lemoine outdoors
Wharton hits the deck just as much if not more than Cunningham does.
8/21/2011 8:10pm
They all can beat each other battle each other show each other a wheel and holeshot each other and pass each other and battle each other.

But the facts are Blake has wins and podiums......and you can't find 6 other common opponents for 2012 sx that can say they do as well.

Advantage Wharton.
cmess77
8/21/2011 9:25pm
They all can beat each other battle each other show each other a wheel and holeshot each other and pass each other and battle each other...
They all can beat each other battle each other show each other a wheel and holeshot each other and pass each other and battle each other.

But the facts are Blake has wins and podiums......and you can't find 6 other common opponents for 2012 sx that can say they do as well.

Advantage Wharton.
Ok, I admit I was just being a Decotis fanboy, but 6 guys? Come on. Deano, Bagget, Barcia, Roczen, Tomac, Cunningham, Sipes, and Seely. All those guys for sure can all do better. All have podiums, all have wins besides Cunningham. And that's not counting Hahn and Musquin, who if they get off their injury bug, you would have to say can beat him. I realize I'm sounding like a hater, and I don't dislike Blake at all, I just believe he's taking a space on Geico that would be better off giving someone else a chance. He's had 3 SX seasons and not had ground breaking success. Plus I believe he has a style like Pourcel, selective and conservative, with great throttle control, which seems more keen to a 450.
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
8/21/2011 9:33pm
cmess77 wrote:
Ok, I admit I was just being a Decotis fanboy, but 6 guys? Come on. Deano, Bagget, Barcia, Roczen, Tomac, Cunningham, Sipes, and Seely. All those...
Ok, I admit I was just being a Decotis fanboy, but 6 guys? Come on. Deano, Bagget, Barcia, Roczen, Tomac, Cunningham, Sipes, and Seely. All those guys for sure can all do better. All have podiums, all have wins besides Cunningham. And that's not counting Hahn and Musquin, who if they get off their injury bug, you would have to say can beat him. I realize I'm sounding like a hater, and I don't dislike Blake at all, I just believe he's taking a space on Geico that would be better off giving someone else a chance. He's had 3 SX seasons and not had ground breaking success. Plus I believe he has a style like Pourcel, selective and conservative, with great throttle control, which seems more keen to a 450.
All of those guys you have mentioned all have rides on good equipment right now. The question should be, out of all the other guys who would perform better than Wharton on a Geico bike??

I cant think of one guy who has Blakes potential with the possible exception of Durham. Hopefully someone can find a spot for Blake on a competitive bike because he's a proven race winner, and there's not alot of those around right now.
cmess77
8/21/2011 10:23pm
cmess77 wrote:
Ok, I admit I was just being a Decotis fanboy, but 6 guys? Come on. Deano, Bagget, Barcia, Roczen, Tomac, Cunningham, Sipes, and Seely. All those...
haydos25 wrote:
All of those guys you have mentioned all have rides on good equipment right now. The question should be, out of all the other guys who...
All of those guys you have mentioned all have rides on good equipment right now. The question should be, out of all the other guys who would perform better than Wharton on a Geico bike??

I cant think of one guy who has Blakes potential with the possible exception of Durham. Hopefully someone can find a spot for Blake on a competitive bike because he's a proven race winner, and there's not alot of those around right now.
Well, in that case then yes, the list would be shorter. I'm a firm believer than Durham and Lemoine absolutely deserve PC/Geico/TLD type rides, and the Decotis fan in me wants him on something like that as well. But that's just my opinion I guess, maybe no one shares it.
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
8/21/2011 10:38pm
cmess77 wrote:
Well, in that case then yes, the list would be shorter. I'm a firm believer than Durham and Lemoine absolutely deserve PC/Geico/TLD type rides, and the...
Well, in that case then yes, the list would be shorter. I'm a firm believer than Durham and Lemoine absolutely deserve PC/Geico/TLD type rides, and the Decotis fan in me wants him on something like that as well. But that's just my opinion I guess, maybe no one shares it.
I hope Durham takes Rattray's (assumed) vacated spot at PC next year, he is one guy who if he puts it all together has the speed to run top 3 indoors and out. I'm gonna disagree with you on Lemoine though. A few good rides indoors against half the fast guys doesn't, in my opinion, warrant a factory ride. I respect that he's doing it out of a box van and all but outdoors he just hasnt put it together for a breakout ride. A few privateers have, Martin, Durham, Weeck, but Lemoine hasnt made a dent as yet.

Agree to disagree though i spose.
cmess77
8/21/2011 11:20pm Edited Date/Time 8/21/2011 11:24pm
cmess77 wrote:
Well, in that case then yes, the list would be shorter. I'm a firm believer than Durham and Lemoine absolutely deserve PC/Geico/TLD type rides, and the...
haydos25 wrote:
I hope Durham takes Rattray's (assumed) vacated spot at PC next year, he is one guy who if he puts it all together has the speed...
I hope Durham takes Rattray's (assumed) vacated spot at PC next year, he is one guy who if he puts it all together has the speed to run top 3 indoors and out. I'm gonna disagree with you on Lemoine though. A few good rides indoors against half the fast guys doesn't, in my opinion, warrant a factory ride. I respect that he's doing it out of a box van and all but outdoors he just hasnt put it together for a breakout ride. A few privateers have, Martin, Durham, Weeck, but Lemoine hasnt made a dent as yet.

Agree to disagree though i spose.
I know for a fact he's better at SX than MX, yet he's had a mechanical 5 out of the 9 races this year. Can't really judge him off of that. And actually Durham is doing it out of a box van I think. Lemoine is literally in a Ford/Chevy van.
TDeath21
8/22/2011 9:31pm
Why isn't anyone mentioning the fact that Wharton has pointed out of SX? Looks like he'll be like Stroupe to me. He'll get a lower budget 450 ride for next year unless he wants to do MX only on the 250.

Post a reply to: Blake Wharton - 2012?

The Latest