Blake Baggett on the podium

Sully22
6/29/2015 7:54am
pretty impressed with BB so far this year. I did not expect to see him on the podium or anywhere near it his rookie year on the 450. Very cool to see, I hope he only gets better and lands on that top step soon.
Tumblin
6/29/2015 8:01am
BB will continue his podium appearances, he very well may earn first loser in this series. In typical BB fashion he rides that edge more consistent and stays on it longer than most.
IWreckALot
6/29/2015 8:16am
Obligatory statement: BRAKE BRAKKET IS GOING REALLY FAST THIS YEAR ON HIS SUSSZUKI

He's probably taking the best approach of any rookie entering the 450 class in recent times. He's working on consistency first and progressively adding the aggression. He's in 4th right now right behind Barcia. Between Barcia, Baggett and Anderson, the fight for 3rd should be interesting. Looks like Dungey and Roczen have the top two spots on lock unless something unfortunate happens.

Ryan Dungey256
Ken Roczen219
Justin Barcia193
Blake Baggett185
Jason Anderson178
Broc Tickle158
Christophe Pourcel 157
Weston Peick140
Phil Nicoletti132
Eli Tomac125
Starcrossed
6/29/2015 8:19am
^I thought Peick was going to be in the mix for the position also...what is up with him?

Great season so far for El Chupacabra, hope to see him finish out strong.

The Shop

visser62
6/29/2015 8:48am
Pourcel will be in the conversation for third place before the season's over.
davistld01
6/29/2015 9:42am Edited Date/Time 6/29/2015 9:42am
I'm really thinking, when the smoke clears it'll be...

1. Dungey
2. Baggett
3. Pourcel

I believe, although I hate to say it, that Roczen's back and ankle injury will play a huge part in his eventual finish. I expect him to finish fourth, and I expect Tickle to round out the top-5

Of course, I could (and probably will) be wrong with 2nd-5th..
Starcrossed
6/29/2015 10:07am
^Fuck man...I hope that isn't a prophetic post...I'm scared to think what this guy is typing...and Kenny was sick again. Scottie said yesterday that Kenny's ankle was really bothering him...but Don M says he's fine. Nothing on his IG...what's the scoop insiders?
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1599th
6/29/2015 10:19am
Anyone watch the videos Suzuki does on there YouTube page? I love how they do them. Pretty sure there Channel is suzukicycles
6/29/2015 12:33pm
Anyone watch the videos Suzuki does on there YouTube page? I love how they do them. Pretty sure there Channel is suzukicycles
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuzukiCycles/videos

Yep this is the channel that does the Suzuki videos at the races. I have been really enjoying them this season. It was cool to see JS7 help Bagget here and there. (saw this happen during sx a few times)

Bagget is indeed doing good in his rookie 450 year both indoors and outdoors. I think he'll even excell more when we will hit the extremely hot races, he was a total beast at those back in his 250 days. His late moto charges back then where legendary.
karsmakers
6/29/2015 2:17pm
Blake is fast but his podium skills are unbearable to listen to. "I just gotta give it up to......". It's gotten to the point that I will not listen or buy any of the products he promotes. Blake, STFU or give us some original thoughts. Hang out with Marvin and learn something.
Desrtracer
6/29/2015 3:29pm
karsmakers wrote:
Blake is fast but his podium skills are unbearable to listen to. "I just gotta give it up to......". It's gotten to the point that I...
Blake is fast but his podium skills are unbearable to listen to. "I just gotta give it up to......". It's gotten to the point that I will not listen or buy any of the products he promotes. Blake, STFU or give us some original thoughts. Hang out with Marvin and learn something.
Hangout with Marvin? That dude talk way toooooooooo long! and just rambles!
struth
6/29/2015 9:10pm
I actually thought BB would podium at least 4 events this year n grab a moto win.
Little dissapointing thus far.
dirtnapper
6/29/2015 9:26pm
karsmakers wrote:
Blake is fast but his podium skills are unbearable to listen to. "I just gotta give it up to......". It's gotten to the point that I...
You wouldn't buy something from a company that Blake is sponsored by............because of his podium interviews?? Dry Wow.....
plowboy
6/29/2015 9:36pm
Blake is one ballsy racer. We haven't seen the best of him yet by a long shot. Hope he can remain focused and restrained. Watch this dude cause he is seriously skilled.
cmotodad
6/29/2015 10:36pm
Sorry to say but I stray away from anything BB spouts during his interviews. To me , he is the worst. Ask him a question and he goes right into his regular list. MM25 gives the most, and best interviews.Straight from his race to the fans. THE BEST
HenryA
6/30/2015 12:26am Edited Date/Time 6/30/2015 12:27am
^I thought Peick was going to be in the mix for the position also...what is up with him? Great season so far for El Chupacabra, hope...
^I thought Peick was going to be in the mix for the position also...what is up with him?

Great season so far for El Chupacabra, hope to see him finish out strong.
Gets a good start and then starts to drop back to the position he will finish in. IDK what's wrong it sure reminds me of Alessi.
Olson
6/30/2015 2:43am
Not surprised. Expect BRAKE BRACKET to be a constant podium threat in the future, why not start now?
6/30/2015 2:51am
I love what he's doing with interviews too. His post-race interview with Matthes with classic. He's killing it on and off the bike.
DC
6/30/2015 6:40am
Blake was as happy after the race as I've seen him since he won the 250 title. For a guy from California to show such fantastic mud-riding skills (and really just having a solid series so far in his 450 debut) he and his whole family and team were thrilled. When Stewart comes back, and Baggett continues to gain experience and confidence on the big bike, Yoshimura Suzuki is going to be a formidable team in 2016.

DC
MX Sports
6/30/2015 7:02am
Baggett improving after dropping aldon baker as his trainer? works with jonny o mara now doesn't he?

great to see some more riders looking like they can get in the mix for podiums / possibly even wins. Baggett, pourcel and Barcia seem to be bridging the gap to the dungey/ roczen dominance, will make for some good racing if it continues. Could make the championship battle more interesting if there are potentially more riders that can finish inbetween roczen/ dungey, was looking like every round would be a 2 horse race
TriRacer27
Fantasy
42nd
6/30/2015 7:41am
Baggett improving after dropping aldon baker as his trainer? works with jonny o mara now doesn't he? great to see some more riders looking like they...
Baggett improving after dropping aldon baker as his trainer? works with jonny o mara now doesn't he?

great to see some more riders looking like they can get in the mix for podiums / possibly even wins. Baggett, pourcel and Barcia seem to be bridging the gap to the dungey/ roczen dominance, will make for some good racing if it continues. Could make the championship battle more interesting if there are potentially more riders that can finish inbetween roczen/ dungey, was looking like every round would be a 2 horse race
Baggett was never with Aldon.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
42nd
6/30/2015 7:47am
IWreckALot wrote:
Obligatory statement: BRAKE BRAKKET IS GOING REALLY FAST THIS YEAR ON HIS SUSSZUKI He's probably taking the best approach of any rookie entering the 450 class...
Obligatory statement: BRAKE BRAKKET IS GOING REALLY FAST THIS YEAR ON HIS SUSSZUKI

He's probably taking the best approach of any rookie entering the 450 class in recent times. He's working on consistency first and progressively adding the aggression. He's in 4th right now right behind Barcia. Between Barcia, Baggett and Anderson, the fight for 3rd should be interesting. Looks like Dungey and Roczen have the top two spots on lock unless something unfortunate happens.

Ryan Dungey256
Ken Roczen219
Justin Barcia193
Blake Baggett185
Jason Anderson178
Broc Tickle158
Christophe Pourcel 157
Weston Peick140
Phil Nicoletti132
Eli Tomac125
I agree, the battle for 3rd is going to be good. I don't agree with others here that Pourcel is going to battle for 3rd, he's just too far back. 36 points back after 12 motos with 12 to go, I just don't see it. We've had quite a few races lately where it hasn't been too hot which has helped him, but the second half is likely going to be hotter (Red Bud, Unadilla, Indiana, Utah, Millville).

But between Barcia, Baggett and Anderson, that's going to be a heck of a battle to watch.
Starcrossed
6/30/2015 7:47am Edited Date/Time 6/30/2015 8:04am
Baggett was with Aldon & he thanked him on the podium many times.
6/30/2015 8:13am Edited Date/Time 6/30/2015 8:22am
Baggett improving after dropping aldon baker as his trainer? works with jonny o mara now doesn't he? great to see some more riders looking like they...

TriRacer27 wrote:
he must have been lying all those times he thanked him on the podium then....

sure DV eluded to it recently too, saying how o mara was trying to get him to put some weight on/ get stronger for the 450, totally different approach to baker that wants all his athletes super lean....

whatever he is doing lately it seems to be working, he's looking better every week- finally starting to show that he can compete with the big boys in the 450 class

tprice07
6/30/2015 10:09am

TriRacer27 wrote:
he must have been lying all those times he thanked him on the podium then.... sure DV eluded to it recently too, saying how o mara...
he must have been lying all those times he thanked him on the podium then....

sure DV eluded to it recently too, saying how o mara was trying to get him to put some weight on/ get stronger for the 450, totally different approach to baker that wants all his athletes super lean....

whatever he is doing lately it seems to be working, he's looking better every week- finally starting to show that he can compete with the big boys in the 450 class

oshow
7/3/2015 7:16pm

TriRacer27 wrote:
Yes he was. Years ago.

Post a reply to: Blake Baggett on the podium

The Latest