Blake Baggett......

Edited Date/Time 6/16/2014 5:28am
Ok surely someone from Baggett's camp comes on Vital. Please please please tell me what is going on with this guy. He wins a championship, inherits number 4. (Which I thought he would do proud). From the championship he drops Aldon. Has a mystery wrist injury. Doesn't seem to recover from it fully through all of 2013.

Fast forward to 2014. He is not on the pace in supercross or motocross. Now talk that mutually him and Pro circuit are parting ways. (Matthes and JT$ talk of this). Did BB4 just win the outdoor title, drop the mic and walk out?

We have all heard about his wrist and eye etc. But ever since he won the championship he seems to be pushing all the elements that helped get him there. Please explain
|
mag23
6/2/2014 5:03pm
I thought he broke his wrist pretty bad at A1 2013... His bike blew up on him at Washougal 2013, and there seems to be some issues with the bike this year, too. Maybe a change will do him good.
6/2/2014 5:07pm
The injuries that he's had are very serious. Can he pull himself back to the top? I think it will be tough. He is also the worst starter I've ever seen so that will make it tougher.
6/2/2014 5:10pm
Dart Board wrote:
The injuries that he's had are very serious. Can he pull himself back to the top? I think it will be tough. He is also the...
The injuries that he's had are very serious. Can he pull himself back to the top? I think it will be tough. He is also the worst starter I've ever seen so that will make it tougher.
Funny you say that about his starts. I was watching one of his first outdoor races and Bailey was commentating. He mentioned than that the guy was also a bad starter as an amateur however always came through the pack at a blistering pace. Seems he has a life time of bad starts. When he does get a good start he usually doesn't know what to do with it.

I miss the old BB. Was incredible seeing him do those late chargers.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
6/2/2014 5:25pm
When will the parting of ways take place? After the season?

The Shop

Mxdnusa
6/2/2014 6:11pm
I'm glad I got to see him when I did. If it happens again I will be stoked and if it doesn't,the kid is still a badass.
jlchapman117
6/2/2014 8:06pm
JT said on pulp that Baggett only rode 3 times before Glen Helen. He took a rock to the eye and was having vision problems which caused him to miss the last few supercross rounds. they didn't say if his vision was still affecting him.
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
6/2/2014 8:25pm
JT said on pulp that Baggett only rode 3 times before Glen Helen. He took a rock to the eye and was having vision problems which...
JT said on pulp that Baggett only rode 3 times before Glen Helen. He took a rock to the eye and was having vision problems which caused him to miss the last few supercross rounds. they didn't say if his vision was still affecting him.
I think his eye injury effected him the most by making it where he just couldn't see himself in the 450 class next year.
6/3/2014 2:41am
All this is fine and fair for his performance, But why drop his trainer and team??
IWreckALot
6/3/2014 4:48am
All this is fine and fair for his performance, But why drop his trainer and team??
The PC bikes seem to have some sketchy problems. If you don't have confidence in your machine, time to move on.

As for the trainer, there are plenty of reasons guys have dropped Aldon and many other trainers. You either agree with his program your you don't. What works for some doesn't work for all. His program isn't the only one that will win championships but I won't deny that he has championship credibility. Maybe BB wanted to try a different avenue.
ehr400
6/3/2014 5:30am
Maybe BB also didnt want to pay that 6 figure price tag either. I remember hearing James say that also.
DonM
6/3/2014 6:48am
ehr400 wrote:
Maybe BB also didnt want to pay that 6 figure price tag either. I remember hearing James say that also.
Has more to do with relocating to Florida, Aldon likes his guys in Florida. As for James, Big James felt he was spending to much time on the bicycle and not enough on the motorcycle....not about money.
ehr400
6/3/2014 6:51am
Very true, I am sure costs come into play also. Renting space from RV and large sums of money he was pay Aldon as well.
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
6/3/2014 7:31am
JT said on pulp that Baggett only rode 3 times before Glen Helen. He took a rock to the eye and was having vision problems which...
hartebreak wrote:
I think his eye injury effected him the most by making it where he just couldn't see himself in the 450 class next year.
funny.......the doods been hurt ...
kawasa84
6/3/2014 7:40am
ehr400 wrote:
DonM wrote:
Has more to do with relocating to Florida, Aldon likes his guys in Florida. As for James, Big James felt he was spending to much time...
Has more to do with relocating to Florida, Aldon likes his guys in Florida. As for James, Big James felt he was spending to much time on the bicycle and not enough on the motorcycle....not about money.
Villopoto's championships. Carmichaels championships. Stewarts championship. Baggetts championship. Possibly a championship by Roczen, I would say even if Aldon costs nearly $200,000 a year, winning a championship and the tremendous bonus money and larger contracts, and more higher paying sponsorship money, not including achieving dreams and goals and respect from your peers would be well worth the price he charges.
ehr400
6/3/2014 8:02am
Very true, but he costs the same if you dont win, maybe guys like Wiemer, Rattray, and BB looked at the long road. I agree it is small pennies when you look at bonuses but they arent always guaranteed.
mxfiend
6/3/2014 8:12am
kawasa84 wrote:
Villopoto's championships. Carmichaels championships. Stewarts championship. Baggetts championship. Possibly a championship by Roczen, I would say even if Aldon costs nearly $200,000 a year, winning a...
Villopoto's championships. Carmichaels championships. Stewarts championship. Baggetts championship. Possibly a championship by Roczen, I would say even if Aldon costs nearly $200,000 a year, winning a championship and the tremendous bonus money and larger contracts, and more higher paying sponsorship money, not including achieving dreams and goals and respect from your peers would be well worth the price he charges.
ive always heard mitch pays around 50k for his riders they earn the rest through win bonuses.... so after all his other deals/ winnings say he earns 300 grand... then give a third of hat away... steep price to pay for fitness. most of u guys equate aldon to championships which is not right the rider and bike must make all the rounds without getting injures/ mechanicals. alot more going on than fitness alone. prime example. the navy seal we know as mike alessi
peelout
6/3/2014 8:44am
hartebreak wrote:
i know you're joking so i'm not trying to come off as a dick here, but eye injuries are no joke. i was blind in one eye for about 4 months and didn't ride for about a year due to the lasting effects. making a slight about Bagget's eye injury isn't funny to me, i hope his is better and he is able to turn things around.
kawasa84
6/3/2014 8:48am
kawasa84 wrote:
Villopoto's championships. Carmichaels championships. Stewarts championship. Baggetts championship. Possibly a championship by Roczen, I would say even if Aldon costs nearly $200,000 a year, winning a...
mxfiend wrote:
ive always heard mitch pays around 50k for his riders they earn the rest through win bonuses.... so after all his other deals/ winnings say he...
ive always heard mitch pays around 50k for his riders they earn the rest through win bonuses.... so after all his other deals/ winnings say he earns 300 grand... then give a third of hat away... steep price to pay for fitness. most of u guys equate aldon to championships which is not right the rider and bike must make all the rounds without getting injures/ mechanicals. alot more going on than fitness alone. prime example. the navy seal we know as mike alessi
With even a smaller salary as you say, and earning that kind of bonus money, don't forget most of the top riders on good teams such as PC, Geico Honda, TLD, Rockstar KTM, Star Yamaha, those guys surely make another $25,000 to $75,000 in sponsorhip deals.
I get what you're saying though, but if Aldon's success with riders gets you even one championship it will pay in better contracts and sponsorship deals for at least another year or two. Unless you fall totally flat on your results the next season.
FlaNard
6/3/2014 8:51am
I have no insider info, but Blake was a godless killing machine before he jacked his wrist up. Those can be career enders. Im not saying he is done, but I can't imagine its anything besides the wrist when you look at the time line of events.
mxfiend
6/3/2014 9:00am
kawasa84 wrote:
mxfiend wrote:
ive always heard mitch pays around 50k for his riders they earn the rest through win bonuses.... so after all his other deals/ winnings say he...
kawasa84 wrote:
With even a smaller salary as you say, and earning that kind of bonus money, don't forget most of the top riders on good teams such...
With even a smaller salary as you say, and earning that kind of bonus money, don't forget most of the top riders on good teams such as PC, Geico Honda, TLD, Rockstar KTM, Star Yamaha, those guys surely make another $25,000 to $75,000 in sponsorhip deals.
I get what you're saying though, but if Aldon's success with riders gets you even one championship it will pay in better contracts and sponsorship deals for at least another year or two. Unless you fall totally flat on your results the next season.
yeah i thought about it paying better the next year but if u have a 2 year deal with mitch win a cship your first year of the deal what more do u get? nothing. and say like with baggetts wrist and lack of cships lately, it has to lower the interest by big 450 teams and lack of interest equals lack of money. so i see it as a pretty big hole to dig out of if you are constantly paying 100 -200 grand a year to be in shape until u win ur next cship
cmf295
6/3/2014 10:15am
Baggett's wrist injury from A1 in 13' was pretty bad. Tendons were ripped of the bone and needed reattached correctly. He mentioned in an interview a week ago, he re-broke his wrist around Budds Creek last summer and still rode the remaining rounds of the Nationals. I think his fitness is fine but I don't think his bike fitness is where it needs to be right now bc of the time off from that eye injury. Hopefully he can pull it together.

Matthes mentioned on the Hangtown Podcast, Baggett is shopping around for next year and not going back to PC is mutual between him and Mitch. I found that interesting in that his goal as an amateur was to ride for PC and now he is there, he wants to leave when he could ride for them next season.
Brent
6/3/2014 10:30am
Maybe Baggett learned the secrets from Aldon and then decided he could use those secrets to train himself without having to continue to pay Baker?
Stephon
6/3/2014 11:36am
kawasa84 wrote:
mxfiend wrote:
so after all his other deals/ winnings say he earns 300 grand...

Do the PC guys have any individual deals? I was under the impression that their deals are pretty much all-inclusive. It's not like he could wear Oakley goggles and Sidi boots while signed to PC. Or could he?
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
6/3/2014 11:56am
Funny that nobody has brought up the "juicing" factor. Some may not buy into the PED/ blood doping that is going on in our sport, but it's a FACT that many have or are still JUICING to get the best results. I don't KNOW for sure that Blake WAS or still is juicing, but I'd be willing to be the WAS !! His wrist injury and eye injury were both pretty severe, but it don't think that's the ONLY issue with his results. It's going to be a tall order for him to get back to where he was before his wrist injury.
Blake's parents took Ryan Villopoto into their home when he was racing amateurs, while staying in California, they have a lot of history together. Being that Ryan has been labeled as a substance abuser (PED's), I can only imagine that Blake followed his lead after hiring Aldon. Just my 2 cents
6/3/2014 12:27pm
Brent wrote:
Maybe Baggett learned the secrets from Aldon and then decided he could use those secrets to train himself without having to continue to pay Baker?
That's why if I were Aldon I'd only give them the real 'RC/RV Championship-Winning Program' in their 3rd year working with me, and until then they just get a diluted version: 1st year Baby Program, 2nd year Junior Program.

I wouldn't be surprised if guys have tried your idea, only to find that they lack the self-discipline to do it on their own.
I guess we gotta figure Dungey got his self-training techniques from Ricky, right? There's a guy who could do it by himself.
peelout
6/3/2014 12:28pm
langhammx wrote:
Funny that nobody has brought up the "juicing" factor. Some may not buy into the PED/ blood doping that is going on in our sport, but...
Funny that nobody has brought up the "juicing" factor. Some may not buy into the PED/ blood doping that is going on in our sport, but it's a FACT that many have or are still JUICING to get the best results. I don't KNOW for sure that Blake WAS or still is juicing, but I'd be willing to be the WAS !! His wrist injury and eye injury were both pretty severe, but it don't think that's the ONLY issue with his results. It's going to be a tall order for him to get back to where he was before his wrist injury.
Blake's parents took Ryan Villopoto into their home when he was racing amateurs, while staying in California, they have a lot of history together. Being that Ryan has been labeled as a substance abuser (PED's), I can only imagine that Blake followed his lead after hiring Aldon. Just my 2 cents
Being that Ryan has been labeled as a substance abuser (PED's)

by who? the fucking retards on Vital?

real strong argument bro

Post a reply to: Blake Baggett......

The Latest