Bikes Stolen in California ONE RECOVERED

PDiddy241
1/10/2016 7:12am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2016 10:00pm
Fives bikes were stolen out of a padlocked, enclosed trailer overnight from the Embassy Suites near Angel Staduim. We parked the chase vehicle behind the door to block it but the thiefs went through the side door... Most of the bikes are insured...
|
mxb2
1/10/2016 7:23am
Dam , that sucks,sorry man Glad you had insurance. Did you give police report to insurance company to start the process?
PDiddy241
1/10/2016 7:36am Edited Date/Time 1/13/2016 7:15am
Police on their way... VINs ready... What can you do? We should have had someone sleeping in the truck or trailer... Hotel says the parking lot it patrolled by their own security too. California = Land of great winter riding and scum bags

The Shop

PDiddy241
1/10/2016 7:44am
Police officers (three of them) say they've never seen 5 bikes st

stolen...
mxb2
1/10/2016 7:44am
PDiddy241 wrote:
Police on their way... VINs ready... What can you do? We should have had someone sleeping in the truck or trailer... Hotel says the parking lot...
Police on their way... VINs ready... What can you do? We should have had someone sleeping in the truck or trailer... Hotel says the parking lot it patrolled by their own security too. California = Land of great winter riding and scum bags
Fukin sucks man,so sorry, my next riding will have my bikes in my room. Or i wont go. Sucks you gotta worry about assholes.
1/10/2016 7:54am
Not trying to be a dick, bit one of you should have been sleeping in the trailer with a baseball bat.
1/10/2016 8:07am
Long overnight trips. One person sleeps in the truck. At the track if i have to walk away from my bike. I keep a cable lock connected from my trailer to my bike on the stand.
PDiddy241
1/10/2016 8:19am
Bikes were cable locked in the trailer too. We thought to sleep in the trailer at a sketchier place we stayed... Parking lot is patrolled every 20 minutes and the hotel people told us where to park.
PDiddy241
1/10/2016 8:21am
Only in California do you have sleep with your bikes in order to keep the gluttony of thieves from stealing your stuff. The police officers told us that crime is way up and that the prisons cannot hold them all.
PDiddy241
1/10/2016 8:27am
And what if the thieves are violent and you catch them in the act? We can't carry a concealed weapon in California... You get hit over the head? This is $40,000+ worth of stuff, would a scumbag who is willing to steal that going to hit you over the head?
PDiddy241
1/10/2016 8:30am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2016 11:29am
The officer said that the passing of Prop 47 is allowing all these non-violent criminals to get a get out of jail free card.
Canerat
1/10/2016 8:39am
PDiddy241 wrote:
Police on their way... VINs ready... What can you do? We should have had someone sleeping in the truck or trailer... Hotel says the parking lot...
We often do that....when we are not convinced that the bikes/trailer will be safe we sleep with them...not very nice but better safe than sorry.

Best of luck to you....m
enketchum
1/10/2016 9:16am
PDiddy241 wrote:
And what if the thieves are violent and you catch them in the act? We can't carry a concealed weapon in California... You get hit over...
And what if the thieves are violent and you catch them in the act? We can't carry a concealed weapon in California... You get hit over the head? This is $40,000+ worth of stuff, would a scumbag who is willing to steal that going to hit you over the head?
if they are violent, you act in self defense
RandyS
1/10/2016 9:16am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2016 9:17am
Not saying this is who did it but I think the popularity of the wheelie boys videos has added a new group of bike thieves to the mix that was once mostly tweakers and the like.
1/10/2016 9:31am
PDiddy241 wrote:
The officer said that the passing of Prop 47 is allowing all these non-violent criminals to get a get out of jail free card.
What is Prop 47?
1/10/2016 9:35am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2016 9:40am
PDiddy241 wrote:
What is Prop 47?
Non violent offenses . Even with prior violent convictions., allow criminals to walk free with misdemeanors.

Also in ca. You are allowed to have a weapon in the vehicle. The unloaded weapon must be in a locked case.

Most criminals finding the owner in the vehicle will turn around and run.
1/10/2016 10:32am
Sounds like it was an inside job and the security guard was in on it. Do they have security cameras on site? No way is someone getting away with 5 bikes without security being in on it...
PDiddy241
1/10/2016 10:52am Edited Date/Time 1/13/2016 7:16am
Some cameras and the cops will review. Night security says they didn't see anything. Took at least 20-40 minutes and security should have seen them.
1/10/2016 11:27am
California politicians, in Sacramento with a very strong influence from the Bay area political machine, want to make life easier for criminals in California. Many claim that the "courts" are prejudicial against minority's.

Prop 47
The measure requires misdemeanor sentencing instead of felony for the following crimes:[1][2]
Shoplifting, where the value of property stolen does not exceed $950
Grand theft, where the value of the stolen property does not exceed $950
Receiving stolen property, where the value of the property does not exceed $950
Forgery, where the value of forged check, bond or bill does not exceed $950
Fraud, where the value of the fraudulent check, draft or order does not exceed $950
Writing a bad check, where the value of the check does not exceed $950
Personal use of most illegal drugs

Also the state and many city's pass rules specifically to protect illegal immigrants.
I believe the state recently mandated the word alien not be used.

California reduced penalty for misdemeanor from 365 to 364 days. A blatant yet successful attempt to usurp Federal immigration policy. In theory if you are an illegal and get sentenced to 1 year or longer you are supposed to get deported.
Los Angeles police chief refuses to follow state law when it comes to illegals and their unlicensed, uninsured cars. Los Angeles County is now the hit and run capital in America. Statistics have stated that nearly half the accidents are hit and runs.
Juss
1/10/2016 11:33am
PDiddy241 wrote:
Only in California do you have sleep with your bikes in order to keep the gluttony of thieves from stealing your stuff. The police officers told...
Only in California do you have sleep with your bikes in order to keep the gluttony of thieves from stealing your stuff. The police officers told us that crime is way up and that the prisons cannot hold them all.
Sorry about your loss, that sucks! Bikes get stole in every state not only in California!
PFitzG38
1/10/2016 1:11pm
Wow, 5 bikes. Unreal nerve to attempt that. Probably did one at a time all night long. I've had to leave my bikes in a pickup, backed against something with the rear wheels in the cab and the axles on my nightstand. (an idea I learned from Vital) Still hard to sleep. I used to have an app on a jailbroken iPhone that would use the motion sensor to either call another number and/or sound an alarm if it was moved, just put it in the truck or airbox; but I don't run a jailbroken phone anymore and the Apple Store doesn't have anything similar. I guess you could put one of those iPhone tracker chips on your bike and at least find it Lojac style, but I want to be called as soon as my bike even budges.
hvaughn88
1/10/2016 1:45pm
It's a sad day when bikes are in an enclosed trailer, padlocked, vehicle against the door, in a hotel parking lot, with their own "security" and are insured, and the bikes still get stolen. I mean come on! It's like it's gotten to the point that you have to spend more time and money perfecting your stuff than you do actually enjoying your stuff. Hell, people should be able to leave their possessions unprotected out in the open without worry of thieves, but unfortunately that's not the case anymore.
PDiddy241
1/10/2016 1:53pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
It's a sad day when bikes are in an enclosed trailer, padlocked, vehicle against the door, in a hotel parking lot, with their own "security" and...
It's a sad day when bikes are in an enclosed trailer, padlocked, vehicle against the door, in a hotel parking lot, with their own "security" and are insured, and the bikes still get stolen. I mean come on! It's like it's gotten to the point that you have to spend more time and money perfecting your stuff than you do actually enjoying your stuff. Hell, people should be able to leave their possessions unprotected out in the open without worry of thieves, but unfortunately that's not the case anymore.
Amen! A sad day indeed.

And if I do ever see my bike again will it be recognizable or will it be trashed beyond repair because someone who didn't work for it and cares about it just took it and rode it like it was stolen....
mxb2
1/10/2016 1:59pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
It's a sad day when bikes are in an enclosed trailer, padlocked, vehicle against the door, in a hotel parking lot, with their own "security" and...
PDiddy241 wrote:
Amen! A sad day indeed. And if I do ever see my bike again will it be recognizable or will it be trashed beyond repair because...
Amen! A sad day indeed.

And if I do ever see my bike again will it be recognizable or will it be trashed beyond repair because someone who didn't work for it and cares about it just took it and rode it like it was stolen....
Questions, if i may? Who insured them, were they ok during the process?/wait period for $$. If its not my business , i understand.
PDiddy241
1/10/2016 2:17pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
PDiddy241 wrote:
Amen! A sad day indeed. And if I do ever see my bike again will it be recognizable or will it be trashed beyond repair because...
Amen! A sad day indeed.

mxb2 wrote:
Questions, if i may? Who insured them, were they ok during the process?/wait period for $$. If its not my business , i understand.
Five different guys... Different policies. My policy is with GEICO because they "support the sport" and was $134 / year with a $500 comprehensive deductible and covers up to $2,000 of aftermarket accessories... I don't know what the process for submitting a claim is or how much I'll get...
mxb2
1/10/2016 2:25pm
PDiddy241 wrote:
Amen! A sad day indeed.

mxb2 wrote:
PDiddy241 wrote:
Five different guys... Different policies. My policy is with GEICO because they "support the sport" and was $134 / year with a $500 comprehensive deductible and...
Five different guys... Different policies. My policy is with GEICO because they "support the sport" and was $134 / year with a $500 comprehensive deductible and covers up to $2,000 of aftermarket accessories... I don't know what the process for submitting a claim is or how much I'll get...
Ok , thanks, as far as i know, policy ,you will get kbb value unless u added more coverage for aftermarket stuff, most require pics, and receipts though.
Sidecar
1/10/2016 2:48pm
No offence and I'm gutted for you guys but I think your probably 20 years behind the UK..... Bikes stolen every night, I don't do Facebook but my wife does and every day it's bikes stolen here and there, taken from tracks in broad day light, follow you home from tracks, from garages out through the door or up through a hole in the roof, over fences, just this morning she showed me a post about a house being done over, middle of the day family out shopping and the 4 year olds pw50 is taken that he got for Christmas, between me and my Dad we have had 5-6 break ins, bikes, tools, jet washers, boots etc taken..... I would not even entertain leaving my bike in a van/ trailer over night unless I was sleeping with one eye open in the van.... And even then they put sleeping gas in through your heater vent!!!!! World wide, thieves are scum, makes my blood boil. Rant over hope you get your bikes back.

Post a reply to: Bikes Stolen in California ONE RECOVERED

The Latest