Bike Stolen From Tunnel @ A2

hillbilly
1/25/2016 8:54am
APLMAN99 wrote:
I've heard radiologists are pretty bright.........
hillbilly wrote:
Know everything about concussion protocol.,.
DonM wrote:
Are you a radiologist radiologist.....or is it just in your title and contract?....I'm thinking this is his new identity....
I'm a doctor to.
mxb2
1/25/2016 9:00am
mx918 wrote:
What's up y'all, I haven't read through all this yet but I appreciate everyone's concerns and help in putting this POS behind bars. The guy had...
What's up y'all, I haven't read through all this yet but I appreciate everyone's concerns and help in putting this POS behind bars. The guy had a Feld all access pass, not sure how...I'll probably talk to Feld tomorrow about that. Speaking of promoters, Feld nor AMA contacted me about the whole thing, I let AMA know as soon as it was missing obviously then did whatever I could to find out more info myself, but never heard a thing from them to this point. Without being disrespectful to Feld or AMA, I'm pretty disappointed with what appeared to me as a lack of concern. I really DON'T want this getting turned into a hatefest, that's not my goal, just stating facts.

Long story short, he's in jail on at least two felonies from what the arresting officer was saying. My buddy Jake Rice and I drove from 2am until we found him around 10 or 11 kind of by a miracle or sheer dumb luck. Then called for police to come nab him! I'm definitely thanking God on this one.

Anyway tune into PulpMX show tomorrow for full details and other people have reached out for info too!
Congrats, keep us posted on court hearings, he needs convicted.
DonM
1/25/2016 9:03am
hillbilly wrote:
Know everything about concussion protocol.,.
DonM wrote:
Are you a radiologist radiologist.....or is it just in your title and contract?....I'm thinking this is his new identity....
hillbilly wrote:
I'm a doctor to.
But you can't be a doctor and a radiologist at the same time....
hillbilly
1/25/2016 9:19am
DonM wrote:
hillbilly wrote:
I'm a doctor to.
DonM wrote:
But you can't be a doctor and a radiologist at the same time....
Its a interweb degree from vitard university, i have a hellofa student loan debt ,

The Shop

c3011
1/25/2016 9:54am
mx918 wrote:
What's up y'all, I haven't read through all this yet but I appreciate everyone's concerns and help in putting this POS behind bars. The guy had...
What's up y'all, I haven't read through all this yet but I appreciate everyone's concerns and help in putting this POS behind bars. The guy had a Feld all access pass, not sure how...I'll probably talk to Feld tomorrow about that. Speaking of promoters, Feld nor AMA contacted me about the whole thing, I let AMA know as soon as it was missing obviously then did whatever I could to find out more info myself, but never heard a thing from them to this point. Without being disrespectful to Feld or AMA, I'm pretty disappointed with what appeared to me as a lack of concern. I really DON'T want this getting turned into a hatefest, that's not my goal, just stating facts.

Long story short, he's in jail on at least two felonies from what the arresting officer was saying. My buddy Jake Rice and I drove from 2am until we found him around 10 or 11 kind of by a miracle or sheer dumb luck. Then called for police to come nab him! I'm definitely thanking God on this one.

Anyway tune into PulpMX show tomorrow for full details and other people have reached out for info too!
Very interested to hear on Pulp and glad you got your bike back. I wouldn't count on much support from Feld as they are only interested in keeping Monster happy and we all know there have been what looked like fairly good accusations here on Vital of Monster not doing anything about people they sponsor being involved with similar situations.......
1/25/2016 10:16am
What a great ending to a story that had all the potential for a bad ending. Kudos to all involved in putting a quick end to this sorry situation.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
1/25/2016 10:33am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2016 11:29am
mx918 wrote:

Was glad to hear yesterday that you got your bike back.
Also glad to hear you are going to do Pulp.

You are in a great position to help make an example out of this thief and send a message to other would-be thieves that may be lurking at these events.I'd press hard on the prosecutors office to go after him with the highest charges possible without over charging him.Then shoot for the longest sentence possible.
Hopefully this guy get's some serious time and it sends a message to other would-be thieves.

On a side note...
Could you guys imagine something like this happened at a NASCAR event?
Stealing a NASCAR out of the paddock during an event...
This thieves face would be all over every major media outlet and motorsports related forum/website by now.

Jimmy_Sloan
1/25/2016 10:56am
FastEddy wrote:
Was glad to hear yesterday that you got your bike back. Also glad to hear you are going to do Pulp. You are in a great...

You are in a great position to help make an example out of this thief and send a message to other would-be thieves that may be lurking at these events.I'd press hard on the prosecutors office to go after him with the highest charges possible without over charging him.Then shoot for the longest sentence possible.
Hopefully this guy get's some serious time and it sends a message to other would-be thieves.

On a side note...
This thieves face would be all over every major media outlet and motorsports related forum/website by now.

What the prosecutor recommends will be based on the individual's history, how many previous offenses, and such. If they have no criminal history, it is unlikely (In my opinion) that they would give him the maximum possible under the law even if the victim in this case wants that. My guess is, since he was caught red handed, he will plea out and get a lesser sentence.
Dtat720
1/25/2016 11:02am
mx918 wrote:

FastEddy wrote:
Was glad to hear yesterday that you got your bike back. Also glad to hear you are going to do Pulp. You are in a great...

On a side note...

Last year at Daytona..... A nascar was stolen. Rig, trailer and all. So yeah, it can happen lol
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
1/25/2016 11:13am
Dtat720 wrote:
Last year at Daytona..... A nascar was stolen. Rig, trailer and all. So yeah, it can happen lol
But that was from a hotel parking lot (if I remember right), not from the race venue. And it was plastered all over the news.
1/25/2016 11:25am
^^^^ Ok, so what's the game plan with half'inching that rig?....I mean it's not like they could use it....
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
1/25/2016 11:26am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2016 11:26am
Dtat720 wrote:
Was it stolen out of the paddock during the event?
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
1/25/2016 11:36am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2016 11:38am
What the prosecutor recommends will be based on the individual's history, how many previous offenses, and such. If they have no criminal history, it is unlikely...
What the prosecutor recommends will be based on the individual's history, how many previous offenses, and such. If they have no criminal history, it is unlikely (In my opinion) that they would give him the maximum possible under the law even if the victim in this case wants that. My guess is, since he was caught red handed, he will plea out and get a lesser sentence.
I understand how the systems works.
But the victim does have some say on what kind plea they offer/recommend.
They'll recommend to the Judge what their deal arrangement is.
Then he goes along with it.

And ultimately the Judge is who lays down the sentencing when they lose at trial also.
The victim has a right to speak also at that hearing.

But I'm thinking with this being the second largest motorsport in this country, a statement needs to be made
by the justice system that this stuff will not be tolerated.
They can also invoke certain special circumstances type sentences also...given the magnitude of the theft.
That bike I'd assume is pretty spendy.
1/25/2016 11:42am
FastEddy wrote:
I understand how the systems works. But the victim does have some say on what kind plea they offer/recommend. They'll recommend to the Judge what their...

And ultimately the Judge is who lays down the sentencing when they lose at trial also.

But I'm thinking with this being the second largest motorsport in this country, a statement needs to be made
They can also invoke certain special circumstances type sentences also...given the magnitude of the theft.
Prop 47..............
Jimmy_Sloan
1/25/2016 11:46am
FastEddy wrote:
I understand how the systems works. But the victim does have some say on what kind plea they offer/recommend. They'll recommend to the Judge what their...

I agree, and it does help when the victim interacts with the prosecutor. Here, where I live, the prosecutors are fairly tough, just one county over they are not. I know in a lot of these cases, the work load is so huge, people end up getting a slap on the wrist. It wouldn't hurt to bring up the fact to the prosecutor that bike thefts are on the rise. Wonder what the standard sentencing range is for those types of felonies in that county?
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
1/25/2016 11:49am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2016 11:50am
Prop 47..............
Wasn't that just for petty theft and small drug offensives,etc..?

That bike has got to be 10k-plus?
He said that they've charged him with 2 felonies.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
1/25/2016 11:53am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2016 11:54am
I agree, and it does help when the victim interacts with the prosecutor. Here, where I live, the prosecutors are fairly tough, just one county over...
I agree, and it does help when the victim interacts with the prosecutor. Here, where I live, the prosecutors are fairly tough, just one county over they are not. I know in a lot of these cases, the work load is so huge, people end up getting a slap on the wrist. It wouldn't hurt to bring up the fact to the prosecutor that bike thefts are on the rise. Wonder what the standard sentencing range is for those types of felonies in that county?
I'd assume this would be Grand Theft at least one the charges...?
If this site is correct.
16 months in state prison, plus larger fines, and/or restitution.
http://resources.lawinfo.com/criminal-law/criminal-procedure/criminal-c…
DownSouth
1/25/2016 12:00pm
FastEddy wrote:
Was it stolen out of the paddock during the event?
The NASCAR theft they are referring to was from a hotel in Georgia on the way to a race. It was an F350 pickup and 26 foot trailer with the race car and a spare engine inside.
Gringoe
1/25/2016 12:02pm
mx918 wrote:

yak651 wrote:
Glad you got your bike back. Pretty crappy of Feld and AMA about lack of concern for for your bike and for the security of the...
Glad you got your bike back. Pretty crappy of Feld and AMA about lack of concern for for your bike and for the security of the event in general. Especially "now adays" with issues of violence, security should be job 1 and they should definitely be looking at how this guy got an all access pass
No shit! When I read he had a all access pass and that Feld didn't give a crap apparently?

A lot of people talk highly of the Feld crew and prater, but I'm not too sure why sometimes.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
1/25/2016 12:08pm
DownSouth wrote:
The NASCAR theft they are referring to was from a hotel in Georgia on the way to a race. It was an F350 pickup and 26...
The NASCAR theft they are referring to was from a hotel in Georgia on the way to a race. It was an F350 pickup and 26 foot trailer with the race car and a spare engine inside.
Thanks for the info.

You are one of the top posters on here that contributes greatly with your opinions & facts.
What do you think they should do about this situation - both Feld & the Courts?
Do you think this should be made into a big deal to deter thieves to a certain degree, so they lessen the chance of it happening again?
Gringoe
1/25/2016 12:11pm
DownSouth wrote:
The NASCAR theft they are referring to was from a hotel in Georgia on the way to a race. It was an F350 pickup and 26...
FastEddy wrote:
Thanks for the info. You are one of the top posters on here that contributes [b]greatly[/b] with your opinions & facts. What do you think they...
Thanks for the info.

You are one of the top posters on here that contributes greatly with your opinions & facts.
What do you think they should do about this situation - both Feld & the Courts?
Do you think this should be made into a big deal to deter thieves to a certain degree, so they lessen the chance of it happening again?
They guy who stole the nascar only got probation by the way

Where's my pat on the back?
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
1/25/2016 12:15pm Edited Date/Time 1/25/2016 12:16pm
Gringoe wrote:
They guy who stole the nascar only got probation by the way

Where's my pat on the back?
That's crazy...just probation.

Thanks for the info. Smile
:::pats you on the back::::

What do think they should do about this?
Would love to hear your opinion also.
abn166
1/25/2016 12:38pm
I agree, and it does help when the victim interacts with the prosecutor. Here, where I live, the prosecutors are fairly tough, just one county over...
FastEddy wrote:
I'd assume this would be Grand Theft at least one the charges...? If this site is correct. 16 months in state prison, plus larger fines, and/or...
I'd assume this would be Grand Theft at least one the charges...?
If this site is correct.
16 months in state prison, plus larger fines, and/or restitution.
http://resources.lawinfo.com/criminal-law/criminal-procedure/criminal-c…
That is correct but it also says he can get probation. Most likely there will be some sort of plea bargain and he will get convicted of a lesser offense with little to no jail time. Unless he has a lengthy criminal history, then that could increase his punishment.
1/25/2016 12:59pm
Didn't go thru the thread but did the cops get him to roll over on whomever stole the BTO shit two weeks ago from the same lot? He has to know.
holeshot100
1/25/2016 1:06pm
FastEddy wrote:
That's crazy...just probation. Thanks for the info. :) :::pats you on the back:::: What do think they should do about this? Would love to hear your...
That's crazy...just probation.

Thanks for the info. Smile
:::pats you on the back::::

What do think they should do about this?
Would love to hear your opinion also.
The thief will be safer in jail.
dirtdog36
1/25/2016 1:08pm
mx918 wrote:

Well spoken. Thrilled that justice was served and you got your bike back. Looking forward to hearing you on PulpMX show. Good luck the rest of...
Well spoken. Thrilled that justice was served and you got your bike back. Looking forward to hearing you on PulpMX show. Good luck the rest of this year!

Well done, moto community.. Well done!!
well done moto community

not so well done by the AMA and FELD... super disappointing in their appeared lack of support
MX45
1/25/2016 1:10pm
Liars, cheaters, and theives. Lowest scum on earth.
And to think this guy was one of us, assuming by way of him getting a credential. Unless it was counterfeit. I hope it was.
Glad the bike was recovered and this guy will hopefully get the punishment he deserves.

Post a reply to: Bike Stolen From Tunnel @ A2

The Latest