Big props to Cody Gilmore!

jeffro503
Edited Date/Time 4/29/2013 10:43am
Maybe some of you guys didn't know this.....but a few years ago , Cody was fighting cancer and had some tough times. For me , it's been a cool thing to see him make the last couple mains. And even cooler hearing about how he's fallen into remission with his battle with cancer.

It hits home with me because I had to see my little brother fight it for 10yrs. I know Reed was kind of cruising around in the LCQ but Cody ran a strong 2nd place and slid it right into the main. Good job Cody!
|
braaap
Fantasy
2193rd
4/28/2013 8:10am
It's good to see you point this out. It's a hell of an accomplishment knowing his history.

Have I just missed it on the broadcast but I don't think I've heard them mention it?
jeffro503
4/28/2013 8:20am
braaap wrote:
It's good to see you point this out. It's a hell of an accomplishment knowing his history. Have I just missed it on the broadcast but...
It's good to see you point this out. It's a hell of an accomplishment knowing his history.

Have I just missed it on the broadcast but I don't think I've heard them mention it?
I don't think they mentioned his fight with cancer , but I "think" they mentioned something last week when Cody made the main.....about his having a tough road with his health....or something along those lines. Cody is one of the many Privateers I cheer for every week. Put a smile on my face knowing the kid gives it everything he has to get it up there in the main. And two weekends in a row.....that is pretty dang sweet!

Also really happy to see JH75 and Weston Pieck do really well last night too. Josh actually......is kinda blowing me away with how fast he has gotten over these past few weeks. He truly looks like he belongs up there in the lead pack. I didn't think we would ever see "That" Josh hill again.......it's friggin' amazing when you think about how bad his leg was just two years ago.

Very inspirational stories behind Josh and Cody both!
MX Culture
4/28/2013 9:35am
They did a special on him and his story 2 years ago when he was riding lites west. I've been with him most of the year and he's been close, but he's really riding well the last 3 weekends.
He's thinking about doing some outdoors now too!
DD
kawasa84
4/28/2013 10:18am
Well they did mention he hails from Nebraska, last I knew he was from Spencer IA, (district 22)
Awesome job Cody, I watch him every week since I grew up racing district 22 pts.

The Shop

TeamGreen
4/28/2013 10:42am
Thanks for the reminder. Kinda refreshing in the face of some of the ridiculous shit we see posted around here!

Been watching Cody & was soooo stoked when he made the main at Seattle & got those points! Soooooo stoked. This week is like icing on the cake.

As people have mentioned, this season has a few AWESOME stories:

1. Weston Peick is 14th in points ON HIS OWN motorcycle (trying to TRULY define that he's a TRUE PRIVATEER!)

2. Gilmore, Horban & Enticknap making Mains!

3. Shorty going out & racing his own CRF450 & shredding...then getting the BTO-KTM ride.

4. Davi running the Red Plate for the 1st 1/2 of the season.

5. Five Winners...& we ain't done, yet!

6. Josh Hill! That kids leg has been so hard, hell..."harsh", on him & for sooooo long. I'm still in disbelief. He never gave up. Kenny, Carey & RC didn't give up on him, either. There's a real story there: that crew is " Loyal". That word & it's meaning get abused around here; but, it's meaning has a home with Watson, Hart & Carmicheal.
Fantasy
4478th
4/28/2013 10:43am
Great ride Cody! D22!
Rupert X
4/28/2013 11:21am
Gilmore fan here, too.

(* Noteworthy, I was stationed on the Howard W.Gilmore (AS-16) in the turbulent late 70's - ahem)

Rupert X
4/28/2013 11:22am
" Happy" 374 is a tremendous young man and an inspiration to us all. Love it when he gets some attention.
Bauer
4/28/2013 1:53pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Thanks for the reminder. Kinda refreshing in the face of some of the ridiculous shit we see posted around here! Been watching Cody & was soooo...
Thanks for the reminder. Kinda refreshing in the face of some of the ridiculous shit we see posted around here!

Been watching Cody & was soooo stoked when he made the main at Seattle & got those points! Soooooo stoked. This week is like icing on the cake.

1. Weston Peick is 14th in points ON HIS OWN motorcycle (trying to TRULY define that he's a TRUE PRIVATEER!)

3. Shorty going out & racing his own CRF450 & shredding...then getting the BTO-KTM ride.

6. Josh Hill! That kids leg has been so hard, hell..."harsh", on him & for sooooo long. I'm still in disbelief. He never gave up. Kenny, Carey & RC didn't give up on him, either. There's a real story there: that crew is " Loyal". That word & it's meaning get abused around here; but, it's meaning has a home with Watson, Hart & Carmicheal.
Definitely this!

Also, Cody missed making a bunch of mains this year by just one position. Now that he's gotten the monkey off his back he will find it easier, I hope. Racing outdoors would be great.
TeamGreen
4/28/2013 2:13pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Thanks for the reminder. Kinda refreshing in the face of some of the ridiculous shit we see posted around here! Been watching Cody & was soooo...

Bauer wrote:
Definitely this! Also, Cody missed making a bunch of mains this year by just one position. Now that he's gotten the monkey off his back he...
Definitely this!

Also, Cody missed making a bunch of mains this year by just one position. Now that he's gotten the monkey off his back he will find it easier, I hope. Racing outdoors would be great.
Being the 10th guy in a Heat or the 3rd guy in the LCQ can crush your heart and your will...but...

Not Cody!

Oh, helll no!
S.Loyer
4/28/2013 2:15pm
Great story, I had no idea of Gilmore's story.
Uncleof2
4/28/2013 4:07pm
TeamGreen wrote:

#2 Add Ross Johnson to that list. He is riding for our dealership, Brothers Powersports, and he made the main in the 250's in Utah,
He was running in about 12th and then something happened(either crashed or had bike issues) ended up 18th.
jleews6
4/28/2013 7:10pm
I have been so pumped for the kid. Having a son that cant even ride anymore because of cancer I know first hand how amazing it is for Cody to be able to do this. I hope I can meet him at one of the outdoor rounds this year.
Highsider
4/28/2013 7:23pm
kawasa84 wrote:
Well they did mention he hails from Nebraska, last I knew he was from Spencer IA, (district 22) Awesome job Cody, I watch him every week...
Well they did mention he hails from Nebraska, last I knew he was from Spencer IA, (district 22)
Awesome job Cody, I watch him every week since I grew up racing district 22 pts.
It shows how little the current "staff" even pays attention to what they are reading about the riders.
Ordinarily, I would expect Emig to know a bit about his neighbor from Iowa.
jeffro503
4/28/2013 7:34pm
TeamGreen wrote:

Most awesomely said Manny!
SKIDLID
Fantasy
805th
4/29/2013 6:04am
jleews6 wrote:
I have been so pumped for the kid. Having a son that cant even ride anymore because of cancer I know first hand how amazing it...
I have been so pumped for the kid. Having a son that cant even ride anymore because of cancer I know first hand how amazing it is for Cody to be able to do this. I hope I can meet him at one of the outdoor rounds this year.
As of Minneapolis it does not sound like he is planning on racing many of the nationals. Sounded like he would just stay around home and race local money races. I remember him when he was young. Cool how many racers have come out of the Iowa area (Maier, Faith, Brayton, Gilmore)!
Highsider
4/29/2013 8:22am
jleews6 wrote:
I have been so pumped for the kid. Having a son that cant even ride anymore because of cancer I know first hand how amazing it...
SKIDLID wrote:
As of Minneapolis it does not sound like he is planning on racing many of the nationals. Sounded like he would just stay around home and...
As of Minneapolis it does not sound like he is planning on racing many of the nationals. Sounded like he would just stay around home and race local money races. I remember him when he was young. Cool how many racers have come out of the Iowa area (Maier, Faith, Brayton, Gilmore)!
Swap Pederson.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
2005th
4/29/2013 9:16am
Highsider wrote:
It shows how little the current "staff" even pays attention to what they are reading about the riders. Ordinarily, I would expect Emig to know a...
It shows how little the current "staff" even pays attention to what they are reading about the riders.
Actually, Emig has gotten to know Cody pretty well and definitely knows a lot about Cody. Must either believe everyone knows or doesn't know how to work it into the broadcast. It isn't a coincidence he is always pulling for Cody.

I know the thought of outdoors keeps creeping up, and he really has his eye on Southwick because he rides a lot of sand tracks during the summer and really enjoys the sand. I'm pumped to see him getting some results and more happy to see Cody enjoying racing his dirtbike and the experiences and memories he's making will be lifelong.
Highsider
4/29/2013 10:43am
Highsider wrote:
It shows how little the current "staff" even pays attention to what they are reading about the riders. Ordinarily, I would expect Emig to know a...
Actually, Emig has gotten to know Cody pretty well and definitely knows a lot about Cody. Must either believe everyone knows or doesn't know how to...
Actually, Emig has gotten to know Cody pretty well and definitely knows a lot about Cody. Must either believe everyone knows or doesn't know how to work it into the broadcast. It isn't a coincidence he is always pulling for Cody.

I know the thought of outdoors keeps creeping up, and he really has his eye on Southwick because he rides a lot of sand tracks during the summer and really enjoys the sand. I'm pumped to see him getting some results and more happy to see Cody enjoying racing his dirtbike and the experiences and memories he's making will be lifelong.
Thanks, Checkerz, for the reasonable thought instead of my emotional, pissy, response.Cool

Post a reply to: Big props to Cody Gilmore!

The Latest