Big Victory for Private MX Tracks in Michigan

7/20/2015 6:25pm
Aye aye aye...read the minutes from April's and June's township board meetings...these people are pompous and are inciting harassment and harassing behavior... laughable to say the least. Our/Your elected officials are condoning this behavior and we are doing and have done NOTHING to anyone but mind our own business...something a few others should learn to practice: John P Johnson, Barb Carlson, Ron Avis, George Goodsell, Judy Jogerst, Don Ulsh (Township Supervisor), Virginia Mongreig (Township Clerk), Greg Feldmeier (Township Board Member), Ken Hovenkamp (Township Board Member).
MB109
7/20/2015 10:31pm
"And that the neighbors approach the edge of the property and do whatever it takes to get an assessment of how much the earth has been moved."

WTF. Isn't this some sort of harassment? People are basically casing and scouting your property under the instruction of the Trustee. That's f'n weird.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1992nd
7/20/2015 11:11pm
You know what else can ruin the good life? Moving to the country to get away from it all, living in peace and quiet for many...
You know what else can ruin the good life? Moving to the country to get away from it all, living in peace and quiet for many years and then have someone move in and build a loud ass motocross track that ruins the quiet of the country. But hey, so long as a kid gets his own private track, neighbors be damned.
It's "in the country". Where else are they supposed to go, Mars? As for the peace and quiet...good luck with that. What do you suppose gets you more rights than anyone else? The fact that you've been there longer? If you don't like it, complain to your local government. Then they can waste all kinds of money fighting a court case they cannot win, while complaining that they don't have enough money to make ends meet.....Sorry for the rant...just tired of hearing people bitch about everything. If you don't like it, move away...or STFU.
mxdude105
7/21/2015 4:47am
Congrats on the victory man, I love reading stuff like this. You are 100% right about local government doing things based upon the agendas of certain people with no legal standing. They use scare tactics and intimidation to back people like you into a corner to the point you just give in and do what they want. Happens here all the time. Bravo for standing up and coming out on top.

The Shop

disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
7/21/2015 5:42am
You know what else can ruin the good life? Moving to the country to get away from it all, living in peace and quiet for many...
You know what else can ruin the good life? Moving to the country to get away from it all, living in peace and quiet for many years and then have someone move in and build a loud ass motocross track that ruins the quiet of the country. But hey, so long as a kid gets his own private track, neighbors be damned.
There's always one, and you are him...
SRP33
7/21/2015 7:18am
3-0, The Allen Family!!...we won again for the third and final time against the Schoolcraft Township Board!! The track stays and justice prevails!! A huge thanks...

3-0, The Allen Family!!...we won again for the third and final time against the Schoolcraft Township Board!! The track stays and justice prevails!! A huge thanks and shout out goes to Ross D. Plont, attorney out of Grand Rapids, Michigan, for his tenacity, passion and professionalism with the handling of our case. He is a class act and a great friend.

Unfortunately, we continue to be harassed by several people, a select few of whom have attempted to show THEY have more influence and power in the area because they have lived here longer than us. Individuals like Ron Avis, George Goodsell, Judy Jogerst...calling the police and overtly stopping on the road in front of our house to videotape my family, our friends and our property...unbelievable and completely disrespectful...note: I would advise you not to publish or broadcast those videos to the public via any medium.

I will close now with a reiteration to ALL citizens of Schoolcraft Township, and/or any Township for that matter, to refuse to allow your local government to threaten you as they often times have personal interest and no legal standing to do so...we are a perfect example for others to follow.

I encourage all that care to share this via any and all internet forums so that others know they do not have to bow down.

Trevor Allen Racing
Michigan
That is great news congrats
7/21/2015 9:40am
MB109 wrote:
"And that the neighbors approach the edge of the property and do whatever it takes to get an assessment of how much the earth has been...
"And that the neighbors approach the edge of the property and do whatever it takes to get an assessment of how much the earth has been moved."

WTF. Isn't this some sort of harassment? People are basically casing and scouting your property under the instruction of the Trustee. That's f'n weird.
Yeah, bro...unbelievable. Basically inciting a high potential for some type of verbal and/or physical alteration...and/or giving our kids a safety concern they have yet to experience anywhere we've ever lived. They know to be vigilant and are on the lookout for "snoopers" / trespassers...sad just to be typing this...really is...angers me to say the least.
7/21/2015 9:41am
disbanded wrote:
There's always one, and you are him...
LOL, disbanded...
Scrambler_Man
7/21/2015 12:21pm
Have you reported the track to your insurance company? If not, they can and often times will use Google earth to "inspect" properties they cover and adjust your coverage starting from the day you started the coverage.

Good luck when the noise complaints start coming in.
SCAM124
Fantasy
2180th
7/21/2015 12:54pm
Have you reported the track to your insurance company? If not, they can and often times will use Google earth to "inspect" properties they cover and...
Have you reported the track to your insurance company? If not, they can and often times will use Google earth to "inspect" properties they cover and adjust your coverage starting from the day you started the coverage.

Ya know...for a person on a dirt bike forum...you're questions sure do lean on the side with negative connotation.
SCAM124
Fantasy
2180th
7/21/2015 12:57pm
3-0, The Allen Family!!...we won again for the third and final time against the Schoolcraft Township Board!! The track stays and justice prevails!! A huge thanks...

3-0, The Allen Family!!...we won again for the third and final time against the Schoolcraft Township Board!! The track stays and justice prevails!! A huge thanks and shout out goes to Ross D. Plont, attorney out of Grand Rapids, Michigan, for his tenacity, passion and professionalism with the handling of our case. He is a class act and a great friend.

Unfortunately, we continue to be harassed by several people, a select few of whom have attempted to show THEY have more influence and power in the area because they have lived here longer than us. Individuals like Ron Avis, George Goodsell, Judy Jogerst...calling the police and overtly stopping on the road in front of our house to videotape my family, our friends and our property...unbelievable and completely disrespectful...note: I would advise you not to publish or broadcast those videos to the public via any medium.

I will close now with a reiteration to ALL citizens of Schoolcraft Township, and/or any Township for that matter, to refuse to allow your local government to threaten you as they often times have personal interest and no legal standing to do so...we are a perfect example for others to follow.

I encourage all that care to share this via any and all internet forums so that others know they do not have to bow down.

Trevor Allen Racing
Michigan
Good job.
We run a private MX club and despite still being able to ride, our legal battle with the township ended up limiting us quite a bit.
Keep that noise thing in check because they'll be looking for anything...
sixfiftythree
Fantasy
61st
7/21/2015 1:02pm
Congrats on the Win!

I also went through the same thing for over two years, I'll try to post the pictures of an article they did in the Landowner Magazine of my story. I also have all the documents and court files if anyone needs them to help them in a similar situation.

Scrambler_Man
7/23/2015 7:57am
Have you reported the track to your insurance company? If not, they can and often times will use Google earth to "inspect" properties they cover and...

SCAM124 wrote:
Ya know...for a person on a dirt bike forum...you're questions sure do lean on the side with negative connotation.
Just call me Doomsday.

And while it may sound negative to you, I simply try to see both points of view and can understand how a neighbor might be pissed as hell at a new guy building a MX track. In truth, I am all for individual rights, but there is more than one individual involved and to simply side with a guy that builds a track because you ride a dirt bike, well that is blind obedience. To point out the "other" perspective is only seeing things from more than a single point of view.

On another note, I am not kidding about the google earth thing. Insurance companies will do stuff like that. A friend of mine got hit by his because he had a trampoline in his yard. A motocross track will probably get a much bigger response than he got, especially if it is undisclosed.

7/30/2015 8:08pm
https://m.soundcloud...medium=facebook

Freedom of Information Act utilized...this audio clip is the recording of the June 9, 2015 Schoolcraft Township Board Meeting...Must listen to: GO TO 2:00:27 in the audio file and listen to these board members develop a plan to target and harass my family...these elected officials sound much more like a group of people having a conversation at a bar with the intention of plotting on "someone"...unbelievable! If their comments and intentions are not criminal and/or an abuse of power I don't know what is...I ask you, what say YOU? Enough is enough.
Jack mehoff
7/30/2015 9:16pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/07/21/98313/s1200_Property_Owner_Offends_Neighbors_4of4_page_001.jpg[/img]

The last paragraph says it all . If the guy next door refuses to compromise and only wants it his way , it looks like he needs to sell his house and land and go find some likeminded neighbors .hopefully the township puts a lein on his property and gets there money back , and the zoning guy that trespassed deserves some time in the big house to reflect on his actions ,along with the loss off his job,
7/31/2015 1:59am
I don't think my previous post worked...

Listen to Allen Family vs Schoolcraft Township Board by Curtis Allen #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/curtis-allen-25/allen-family-vs-schoolcraft-town…

Freedom of Information Act utilized after three courts in Kalamazoo County have ruled in the Allen Family's behalf...people are stopping by our house, along the road, approaching from the sides of our property and overtly video taping and obviously trying to cause a disturbance...this audio clip is the recording of the June 9, 2015 Schoolcraft Township Board Meeting...Must listen to: GO TO 2:00:27 in the audio file and listen to these board members develop a plan to target and harass my family...these elected officials sound much more like a group of people having a conversation at a bar with the intention of plotting on "someone"...unbelievable! If their comments and intentions are not criminal and/or an abuse of power I don't know what is.
8/4/2015 2:52am
I FOIA'd the emails that have gone back and forth between complainants and members of the Township Board since last October when this began...the link below takes you to the PDF file which includes the emails...be prepared, you may get angry, especially if you put yourselves in our position.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_GUejV4njHgYkZIaGwwUzRJdjA/view
8/4/2015 9:12am
Maybe it's time to sue(I think sueing anyone is a last resort type thing and shouldn't be taken lightly) the township for harassment. I'm sure they violated their bylaws more than once. They are taking this way to far. If not that start eyeing up their personal property for things that don't meet code. Start playing their game.

One thing I'd do for sure is go buy some trail cams and no trespassing signs and set them up around your property. You might be surprised what you find. I'm sure these fine citizens are crawling all over your stuff. These people are unreal

fins227
8/4/2015 9:27am
Congrats! And that looks like a perfect place for a track to me!
7/26/2016 11:00am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/07/20/98211/s1200_Track_1.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/07/20/98212/s1200_Track_2.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/07/20/98213/s1200_Track_3.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/07/20/98214/s1200_Track_4.jpg[/img]

Where is this located at?
Hammer 663s
7/26/2016 3:38pm
I had a track on my private 5 acres in NorCal prior to my move to Oregon. 2770 Rancheria Drive if you want to google earth it. I tried to be respectful of when I used it and how many I let ride with me. Motocross is loud, runoff/erosion can be an issue if you don't plan well to catch topsoil, dust can be a problem in dry season. I had one noise complaint in 4+ years (valid one in my opinion - had too many people there that day), and a neighbor called the county on me for illegal grading one time. The county inspector came out and we talked about Malcolm Smith since they rode together years back. I never heard back from the county again on grading.

I never let my insurance company know I had a track, and no one ever got hurt badly there. That could create other headaches.

Looking on Google earth at this track location, I can see some neighbors are pretty close, within a few hundred yards at most. I can see why they might bitch.

I hope I can afford 500 acres in the middle of nowhere someday. I will build one bad ass track.

Mike
PJRAUS
7/26/2016 4:00pm
I had two tracks on my property ( sold it all a long time ago now and tracks got bulldozed). A small rut track abou 25 sec per lap and s big supercross track , about 50 sec per lap.
Had one house about 300 meters away, my neighbour tractor Trev and his young family. Dairy farmers they were. They insisted that they never even heard us ride, but nobody had four strokes then.
In any case I chose not to accept his word for it that it didn't bother him and he never really heard us.
I maintained fairly strict rules in regards to our activities. I mostly used the rut track in summer, I could water it, so we had a snotty deeply rutted and moist track to practice on in the hot months when there is no racing on anywhere. My friends had to be at my place by a certain time in the morning, ready to ride, there were never usually any more than about 5 of us .They got a 15 min practice session , then we would race two
30 min motos with 30 min inbetween . That way the whole thing was done inside a two hour period, no more noise for the rest of the day.
Supercross track only got used infrequent and mostly in the cooler months.
Good luck to you with your track. Perhaps you could try my method. Even post a sign on your boundaries stating the time of day from start to finish that your track will operate, keep it down to a couple hours and stick to it. This might calm down some of the complainers.
It's not a good idea to have people riding any old time they like across an entire day.
Do what I did and really enforce the rules, some of your riders will whine... Tough taties!
It can be a real psychological head f##k to your neighbours if they can hear bikes all day, offensively loud or barely audible, no difference. If they know that after say 11 am they are not gonna hear a bike, they might accept it and move on
MotoMo165
7/21/2019 6:20pm
You still have your track running? Definitely some pompous people up here in the great north

Post a reply to: Big Victory for Private MX Tracks in Michigan

The Latest