Best riders to travel across the Atlantic

Edited Date/Time 12/19/2014 8:01am
After all the moves both to and from America and Europe this year, i wanted to put together a list of the guys who made the most successful moves across the atlantic.

JMB? Lackey? Roczen? Who do you think made the most successful move, and why?

themxzone@outlook.com
|
g0rd057
12/18/2014 5:25pm
If you mean successful career wise .... The Man
Roger D

The Shop

Sully
12/18/2014 7:58pm
Danny LaPorte seems to have done alright overseas. Same with Bobby Moore, Trampas Parker and Donny Schmitt. Even though he never won a title, Pomeroy had good results in Europe, too.
Wandell
12/18/2014 8:24pm
I think if you judge it on titles, you have to put Reedy and JMB at the top of the list. It's kinda funny that we Americans seem to think we dominate MX/SX and everyone else is inferior. But the two guys with the most success are foreigners who came to our series and won multiple titles.
Coly243
Fantasy
342nd
12/19/2014 2:52am
Off the top of my head I remember billy Liles, Bobby Moore, Chad Parker and Donny Schmidt all won a world title each at least, in my opinion Schmidt was the class act who could have won either side of the pond.

Mike healey was a cult hero over here with his don't give a fuck style and guns n roses sponsorship. Bader Manneh did the GPs for years but didn't really break the top 10 often. And Robbie Reynard did a few GPs in the 2000's.
12/19/2014 3:09am
to this point in time it's RV

hey you didn't say which way across the atlantic Wink

But I suspect in a few years time the best will clearly be Roczen
12/19/2014 3:10am
Coly243 wrote:
Off the top of my head I remember billy Liles, Bobby Moore, Chad Parker and Donny Schmidt all won a world title each at least, in...
Off the top of my head I remember billy Liles, Bobby Moore, Chad Parker and Donny Schmidt all won a world title each at least, in my opinion Schmidt was the class act who could have won either side of the pond.

Mike healey was a cult hero over here with his don't give a fuck style and guns n roses sponsorship. Bader Manneh did the GPs for years but didn't really break the top 10 often. And Robbie Reynard did a few GPs in the 2000's.
what a sponsor !
Crush
12/19/2014 3:55am Edited Date/Time 12/19/2014 3:56am
I don't know how he did domestically but I had a few Gp Videos as a kid and I could not fucking believe how fast Bobby Moore was sometimes.... Seemed underrated, and a bit starcrossed.

And if you're gonna go the other way, Albee was pretty fucking exciting to watch in 92. WFO, just didn't hit the deck like he did in the states...
12/19/2014 3:56am
Coly243 wrote:
Off the top of my head I remember billy Liles, Bobby Moore, Chad Parker and Donny Schmidt all won a world title each at least, in...

Billy Liles never won a World Title. He broke his leg whilst leading the Championship. 91 I believe.
12/19/2014 6:33am
IMO...Brad Lackey's remarkable accomplishments will probably never be equaled by another Ameriican Racer. I say this with great respect to all the other Americans that have raced the GPs. Brad did it with pure guts and a tenaciousness that few other racers have. At the time of his campaign, take a look at the competition that he faced., such as De Coster, Mikkola, Wolsink, Jobe, Aberg, and so on. He was one of a kind.

Post a reply to: Best riders to travel across the Atlantic

The Latest