Best rider in the first turn

thekendogg
Edited Date/Time 1/21/2015 2:56am
After watching Roczen the past few years, especially since he's moved to the 450s, that guy has each race won by the end of the first lap.

One thing I have noticed is his ability to turn a poor/average start into 3rd/4th going into the second corner, it is just unbelievable. So many times I have seen him get a poor jump or have a bobble on the start straight, but while the others are keeping it pinned round the first corner going gung ho for the holeshot and blocking others, there's Kenny quietly braking early and sneaking round the first turn. It is truly phenomenal and other riders need to take a leaf out of his book before the RV era turns into the KRoc era!

Any other riders people can think that were tactically as good in the first turn?
|
bd
1/20/2015 4:02pm
Currently----- KROC, bar none. There are two races in moto/supercross, the start and the rest of the race. KROC is dominating his direct competition on the first race
Crush
1/20/2015 4:06pm
JS is pretty crazy in the first laps, tho I think Ze German is the best at being "German" in the first few laps. So fricken calm, precise, quick and calculated, just makes moves calmly to the front and does his damage with position. Eli and Dunge will need to match that if they want titles from him the next few years.

The Shop

crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
1/20/2015 11:41pm
It used to be RV, now its Roczen I guess.
I noticed that first at some 250 national (I believe High point? the one with the huge hulk double), he was like pretty much at the end of the field, then after turn 2 top10 and after turn 4 or something he was suddenly leading.. It looked like luck there but he kind of makes it happen almost every time.

Btw if RV continues with that tactic, Cairoli better get good starts or he'll be in trouble
mxmasta
Fantasy
724th
1/21/2015 12:22am
I wonder all the time why no other racers use Roczens break early technic in the first turn.
Just use your brain a little more instead of the throttle hand. But hey, for me that's ok, I like seeing Roczen winning ;-)
ocscottie
1/21/2015 12:32am
crusty_xx wrote:
It used to be RV, now its Roczen I guess. I noticed that first at some 250 national (I believe High point? the one with the...
It used to be RV, now its Roczen I guess.
I noticed that first at some 250 national (I believe High point? the one with the huge hulk double), he was like pretty much at the end of the field, then after turn 2 top10 and after turn 4 or something he was suddenly leading.. It looked like luck there but he kind of makes it happen almost every time.

Btw if RV continues with that tactic, Cairoli better get good starts or he'll be in trouble
That was the fist race that came to mind for me to. I remember saying oh shit! Kenny is buried in the pack...and somehow by about the 4th turn he was making a pass for the lead.

He is so slick in the opening few turns and can somehow turn a shit start into sunshine in under a lap. Must be great instinct or something, it has saved him many motos.
downard254
1/21/2015 2:56am
MC was one of the best at it. By lap 5 he usually had a 10 sec lead. That guy pounced on passing opportunity and had zero hesitation in making it happen.

Post a reply to: Best rider in the first turn

The Latest