Best parts for 09 YZ250?

3/20/2010 9:05am
I recently perchased a new smoker and was curious as to what are the best aftermarket parts to enhance the power, suspension, ect? Not that I...
I recently perchased a new smoker and was curious as to what are the best aftermarket parts to enhance the power, suspension, ect? Not that I feel it is really lacking anywhere, this is by far the best stock package I've ridden in a long time. But, was just looking for a little input. Btw, I am a fast B rider and mainly ride moto.
Spending $60 on race gas every time I went riding(usually 3-4 times a week), and the fact that I was getting some extremely good offers on the bike to sell it(even though it wasnt for sale) led to me selling mine
troublebros
3/20/2010 9:09am
if you are racing or a very fast rider you need to run race fuel
I have an airport nearby, what about AV gas? Pros/cons?
c3011
3/20/2010 9:11am
Guys I rode with seemed to all go with the Boyesen Rad Valve and a PC pipe, they all said it made for a pretty good ride without machine work to the engine.

The Shop

oldx
3/20/2010 9:22am
MX Culture wrote:
I have a 2008 YZ250 for sale.
DaveD@SanoMX.com for more info.
Put it in the Bazaar on this site, what state?
mxr102
3/20/2010 1:20pm
JW381 wrote:
[b]1. Have the Squish set on the head unless your planning on using race gas. Otherwise the bike will detonate and ruin the head and the...
1. Have the Squish set on the head unless your planning on using race gas. Otherwise the bike will detonate and ruin the head and the top of the piston. Its a must for pump gas.

I have the '09. What exactly do you mean by this?
kaboom645 wrote:
Rechamber the head, or check the squish ratio and stack base gaskets accodingly. YZ250's run on the verge of needing race gas, and if the temp...
Rechamber the head, or check the squish ratio and stack base gaskets accodingly. YZ250's run on the verge of needing race gas, and if the temp changes its very easy for the bike to ping. Alot of times going up on the main wont fix the problem. To check the squish, remove the head, lay a piece of solder on top of the piston at almost TDC, bolt the head back on, and kick the bike over going just past TDC. Pull the head, and measure how much the piston "squished" the solder. This is a pretty common practice on KTM's since they offer base gaskets in 5-6 different thicknesses and the one you needed was based on what your squish was
JW381 wrote:
Thanks. Very useful information! Sorry if I'm killing you guys with my lack of engine knowledge, but that's why I'm here, I suppose. What is TDC...
Thanks. Very useful information! Sorry if I'm killing you guys with my lack of engine knowledge, but that's why I'm here, I suppose. What is TDC? After doing so, what should I look for, and how far should I adjust it, to set my squish ratio to a more suitable setting?
My motor builder pulls the plug out and gets a little longer piece of solder. Make sure the head is tourqed its easier this way.
mxr102
3/20/2010 1:26pm
if you are racing or a very fast rider you need to run race fuel
I have an airport nearby, what about AV gas? Pros/cons?
Theres nothing good about it! It is designed around a jet engine, not a 2 stroke motor. Get the right fuel for what you ride and it will on make more power when it is designed for it. I recommend personally VP C12 or VP113 for a 2 stroke. It might be a little more pricey but you pay for what you get and what its designed around. Dave D is that one of Tommys old bikes?

Post a reply to: Best parts for 09 YZ250?

The Latest