Best Tracks in Virginia and North Carolina

Sechr1st
Edited Date/Time 9/18/2015 5:21am
Comment your favorite tracks in North Carolina and Virginia. I want to compile a list and info for each and every track in the area.
Ones that I know off the top of my head.
Elizabeth City Mx
Southfork Mx
Vmp
West Craven mx
Jimmy Weinert Training Facility
Millwood Mx
Actiontown
North Carolina Motorsports park
|
Alvear999
9/16/2015 5:36pm
I live in the winston salem area (northern NC). I got my first bike when i was 4 and rode/raced serious all over east coast and major AM nationals across the country from then til about 15 (24 now, still ride but not as regularly.) Dad and I were pretty serious into it so we rode 3-4 times a week and raced every other weekend up until i couldnt ride after my surgery at 15. So im pretty familiar with the tracks around here.

Tracks I frequent are; These are not in order of how good they are, just typing as they come to mind.
Mx421 (Been great the past couple years with the new ownership) Yadkinville NC
East Bend MX (more of a local type track, great for younger riders IMO) East Bend NC
Center Road MX (They plow deep. Track is kinda narrow, but great environment and best owners.)
Pro sport MX (ride on race days and day before, but some open practice. Call Mark IV in Wytheville VA)
Silver creek MX (been there once, enjoyed it thoroughly.) Morganton NC
Wide Open MX (High speed, Very fun) Raeford NC
Made for Play MX (Local track very narrow.) Pinnacle NC
Birch Creek MX (ATV nationals held there, LL regionals as well, Can be sketchy high speed) Sutherlin VA
Lake Sugar Tree (not a big fan but know of people who like it, i feel like it is pretty one lined) Axton VA
Daniels ridge MX (Thursday night practice, smaller track but very jumpy.) Taylorsville NC
Zoo City MX (Not jumpy enough for my liking, good local track) Asheboro NC
Devils ridge (check for prep, can be a dust bowl. Fun layout) Sanford NC
Hog Heaven (Read below :D) Godwin NC

On the note, I will say that HANDS DOWN the most fun track i have rode is Hog Heaven toward the coast of NC. First time there was probably 3 years ago. Im sure you have seen or can look up videos but it just doesnt do justice. My favorite part is that some of the turns have 2 berms built, inner and outer, and some of the outers i could hit wide open 2nd or 3rd gear without clutching on my 450 :D . Smooth jumps and track is sandy texture. Im getting excited just thinking about it. The only downside is he doesnt open on a fixed schedule, most of the time they let people know about a week out through facebook, or thats how i become aware of openings.

Recently seen some pictures of a track nearby in mount airy NC that looks like something dreamtracks would make. Not open yet but looks like heaven. Im sure before long eveyone around will hear about it.
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
9/17/2015 8:24am
Another is Cow Branch MX.

The Shop

njracer46
9/17/2015 1:36pm
Hog and wide open mx are my favorite.

anyone know what's going on at hog. Last I heard Richard had some issues and wasn't open as much. Anyone been there lately? Are they still having that pro am at the end of the year?
Sechr1st
9/17/2015 2:45pm
A fews of my friends and I took a trip not to long ago. 3 different tracks in a row, we headed to club mx, then planned on hitting Hog heaven and then we were going to hit South of the border. Both tracks ended up being closed. So we ended up riding Club mx two days and then we went to Jimmy Weinerts! I definitely want to go to Hog Heaven soon, does anyone know if they have open practices?
bobby397
9/17/2015 3:13pm Edited Date/Time 9/17/2015 3:17pm
njracer46 wrote:
Hog and wide open mx are my favorite. anyone know what's going on at hog. Last I heard Richard had some issues and wasn't open as...
Hog and wide open mx are my favorite.

anyone know what's going on at hog. Last I heard Richard had some issues and wasn't open as much. Anyone been there lately? Are they still having that pro am at the end of the year?
Last I saw on the shootout it was being postponed. I Richard know was struggling with some personal issues and gave the track to his son to operate.
9/17/2015 3:25pm
I ride at south fork Mx pretty frequently. It's a great track and the owners are very nice and dedicated. They're open every weekend sat and Sunday and have free camping and electric and water hookups for $10! Disputanta Va
BAD10
9/17/2015 3:41pm
Wow that seems like a lot of tracks in one area! Didn't realize there are that many. I have been looking in to relocating to Charlotte area for a while now, and the vid of that track sure looks nice. Hell of a lot better than the burned out martian landscape tracks we have in So Cal.
wreckitrandy
9/17/2015 5:53pm
Cathey's Creek in Forest City is a nice little track. Good dirt. There are some super duper private tracks close by but, you'll have to make friends with the owners and be quick to get your name in the hat on ride days.
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
9/18/2015 5:21am
Going to defiantly check out wide open mx.

Southfork MX is great, those guys do a excellent job taking care of the track and making the best it can be.

Post a reply to: Best Tracks in Virginia and North Carolina

The Latest