Best Moto News of the Day...........

bd
Edited Date/Time 7/31/2014 3:28pm
2. 3 Eli Tomac; Cortez, CO; Honda CRF450R; 2-2 - After the race, full props go to Tomac for admitting that Dungey was just better than him on this day. There wasn’t any of this “Oh, I got tight” or “we missed our set-up on the bike”—nope, it was just “He was great and better than me today.” Nice to see. Oh, and by the way, STOP with the Tomac-to-Kawasaki-next-year talk. It’s not going to happen.

http://racerxonline.com/2014/07/30/btosportscom-observations-washougal
|
stewie94
7/30/2014 9:05pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2014 9:09pm
thumbs up Smile
edit: i was mind boggled about the tomac situation from the start , i thought i heard that he already signed extension for like a year or so & im like why would he leave honda for kawi when hes doing just fine @ the moment & im sure hes getting paid well
bd
7/30/2014 9:09pm
stewie94 wrote:
thumbs up :) edit: i was mind boggled about the tomac situation from the start , i thought i heard that he already signed extension for...
thumbs up Smile
edit: i was mind boggled about the tomac situation from the start , i thought i heard that he already signed extension for like a year or so & im like why would he leave honda for kawi when hes doing just fine @ the moment & im sure hes getting paid well
Smile
Zracer
7/30/2014 9:13pm
bd wrote:
2. 3 Eli Tomac; Cortez, CO; Honda CRF450R; 2-2 - After the race, full props go to Tomac for admitting that Dungey was just better than...
2. 3 Eli Tomac; Cortez, CO; Honda CRF450R; 2-2 - After the race, full props go to Tomac for admitting that Dungey was just better than him on this day. There wasn’t any of this “Oh, I got tight” or “we missed our set-up on the bike”—nope, it was just “He was great and better than me today.” Nice to see. Oh, and by the way, STOP with the Tomac-to-Kawasaki-next-year talk. It’s not going to happen.

http://racerxonline.com/2014/07/30/btosportscom-observations-washougal
Thats cause Eli is a class act.
7/30/2014 9:19pm
Tomac reminds me of the old school riders of the late '80s. No flat-billed hats, immature antics or bullshit. If every rider with a mic in his face was as squared away as Eli, this sport would benefit greatly. Awesome young man, from what I can tell.

The Shop

plowboy
7/30/2014 9:20pm
Eli is a class act and a pretty fast motor scooter. As far as who he'll ride for...if there was a press release tomorrow saying he's on Team Hodaka I wouldn't be surprised. These guys go where the best deal is. They decide what "best" is.
WFO!
7/30/2014 9:42pm
I used to love watching him over ride that 250.

Classic, athletic, cycling background that shows in his riding.

He's always pumping that machine around the whole track.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
7/30/2014 9:52pm
Eli is a cool cat.

I become a bigger fan every time I see him ride!
TDeath21
7/30/2014 9:57pm
It's just about impossible not to like Eli. Honda might want to snatch him up since they haven't had a championship on the 450 since 04. He seems pretty comfortable with Geico though and has the same bike he would at Honda, so he might be there awhile.
Crush
7/31/2014 5:24am
He's fuckin arrogant.

Haven't you heard?!?!

blusmbl
7/31/2014 5:27am
I really like how respectful he is. Perfect example was last weekend. Georgia baited him with a question after the first moto @ Washougal asking if he’d be able to catch Dungey if the motos were 45 minutes long, and he laughed it off, saying Dungey is one of the fittest guys out there, a longer moto wouldn’t have helped him.
bionic218
7/31/2014 7:05am
FroDiddy wrote:
"Flomac"

Yay or nay?
Nay

Sounds too much like ED medication.

But yeah, this guy has all the potential in the world. I think wherever he lands next season, he will be the dominant rider on that team.
had2comment
7/31/2014 7:29am
Tomac reminds me of the old school riders of the late '80s. No flat-billed hats, immature antics or bullshit. If every rider with a mic in...
Tomac reminds me of the old school riders of the late '80s. No flat-billed hats, immature antics or bullshit. If every rider with a mic in his face was as squared away as Eli, this sport would benefit greatly. Awesome young man, from what I can tell.
This post made me laugh. No "Flat Billed Hats" Google Eli Tomac Hat. They all wear the same brand hats that their team gives them. Some look ridiculous "Midwest style" bent to the moon and some look good similar to a New Era snap back. Eli is the shit though.
motoman617
7/31/2014 7:40am
Love watching Eli ride. Just has great style and looks so aggressive. Seems like a great kid with good values and shows his class when he talks on the podium. Hope he continues to do well.

Honda would be as dumb as their two pipe setup to lose this kid.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
7/31/2014 7:55am Edited Date/Time 7/31/2014 7:56am
Tomac reminds me of the old school riders of the late '80s. No flat-billed hats, immature antics or bullshit. If every rider with a mic in...
This post made me laugh. No "Flat Billed Hats" Google Eli Tomac Hat. They all wear the same brand hats that their team gives them. Some...
This post made me laugh. No "Flat Billed Hats" Google Eli Tomac Hat. They all wear the same brand hats that their team gives them. Some look ridiculous "Midwest style" bent to the moon and some look good similar to a New Era snap back. Eli is the shit though.
By 'Midwest style' you mean correctly right?? Tongue
mxb2
7/31/2014 8:08am
This post made me laugh. No "Flat Billed Hats" Google Eli Tomac Hat. They all wear the same brand hats that their team gives them. Some...
MxKing809 wrote:
By 'Midwest style' you mean correctly right?? Tongue
different styles, different ways to wear hats, there is no correct way. eli is a badazz. no matter what.
h&m_cycle
7/31/2014 8:37am
they need to ban the flat hat for anyone over 30

I like watching Eli outdoors, I for one get bored with supercross.

7/31/2014 8:44am
I meant "flat billed hat' as more of an attitude thing rather than literal. Ive seen him in a hat before. Usually, a flat bill hat and a dumbass are one and the same.
jeffro503
7/31/2014 8:54am
This has to be WRONG!!

Eli is supposed to be an arrogant asshole that doesn't give good props to the other riders.......Yzjs7 said so!!

Are you saying that yzjs7 is wrong?

He's beaten James a couple times.....so Eli must be an asshole and doesn't know his place in this sport!

James still gets more press though thank God.
IWreckALot
7/31/2014 8:59am Edited Date/Time 7/31/2014 8:59am
jeffro503 wrote:
This has to be WRONG!! Eli is supposed to be an arrogant asshole that doesn't give good props to the other riders.......[b]Yzjs7[/b] said so!! Are you...
This has to be WRONG!!

Eli is supposed to be an arrogant asshole that doesn't give good props to the other riders.......Yzjs7 said so!!

Are you saying that yzjs7 is wrong?

He's beaten James a couple times.....so Eli must be an asshole and doesn't know his place in this sport!

James still gets more press though thank God.
That was a solid thread. Haha. I don't have any hate for the dude but that was a misfire of a thread if I've seen one.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
7/31/2014 9:02am
. . . and just like that the battlefield has been set for another round of JS7 haters v. fanboys.

I liked it better when we were discussing Eli Tomac.
JeepnMike
7/31/2014 9:17am
This is an honest question.. Just thinking in terms of what bike will be good for Eli. But, how did the CRF450 do indoors last SX season? It sure looks like the red riders are doing OK with it outdoors. I thought indoors everyone was saying the bike wasn't all that great?

With the way Eli is coming on like a banshee, I hope the '15 Honda is comfortable on SX tracks too.
joeellis
7/31/2014 9:18am
Eli does seem very grounded and I'm sure his dad has emphasized the importance of being respectful in interviews. After all, he and everyone else is representing the companies that pay them very well. I hope the injuries are behind him for awhile. He is a huge talent.
jeffro503
7/31/2014 11:32am
GrapeApe wrote:
. . . and just like that the battlefield has been set for another round of JS7 haters v. fanboys. I liked it better when we...
. . . and just like that the battlefield has been set for another round of JS7 haters v. fanboys.

I liked it better when we were discussing Eli Tomac.
We ARE discussing Tomac........and how yzjs7 Called him " Arrogant ". I could give a shit who his favorite rider is......he still called into Matthes and said something that stupid. If that aint wearing rose colored glasses.....I don't know what is.
Dirty Mike
7/31/2014 11:49am
jeffro503 wrote:
We ARE discussing Tomac........and how yzjs7 Called him " Arrogant ". I could give a shit who his favorite rider is......he still called into Matthes and...
We ARE discussing Tomac........and how yzjs7 Called him " Arrogant ". I could give a shit who his favorite rider is......he still called into Matthes and said something that stupid. If that aint wearing rose colored glasses.....I don't know what is.
You seem to be the only one still upset over it. Are you going to be ok?
Dirty Mike
7/31/2014 11:51am
Tomac is great. It's nice to see him be able to succeed at the pro level with his dad by his side. Usually this is the time when the dad gets kicked to the curb. I know Eli has a different animal as a dad, still very cool to see.
IWreckALot
7/31/2014 12:07pm
Dirty Mike wrote:
Tomac is great. It's nice to see him be able to succeed at the pro level with his dad by his side. Usually this is the...
Tomac is great. It's nice to see him be able to succeed at the pro level with his dad by his side. Usually this is the time when the dad gets kicked to the curb. I know Eli has a different animal as a dad, still very cool to see.
Contrast that family to the other notorious MX family. Night and day difference. I like how the Tomac family has gone about raising Eli. Definitely have a more mature parenting philosophy.
Huevos
7/31/2014 12:13pm Edited Date/Time 7/31/2014 12:15pm
IWreckALot wrote:
Contrast that family to the other notorious MX family. Night and day difference. I like how the Tomac family has gone about raising Eli. Definitely have...
Contrast that family to the other notorious MX family. Night and day difference. I like how the Tomac family has gone about raising Eli. Definitely have a more mature parenting philosophy.
I think one of the main differences is because John Tomac already made his millions with his mountain bike championships and company. From what I have seen (and once again, I literally know nothing on the subject, just my impression), Tony really needed Mike to win so he could support the family. That creates a bit of pressure and a completely different dynamic in the relationship between father and son.
jeffro503
7/31/2014 2:18pm
jeffro503 wrote:
We ARE discussing Tomac........and how yzjs7 Called him " Arrogant ". I could give a shit who his favorite rider is......he still called into Matthes and...
Dirty Mike wrote:
You seem to be the only one still upset over it. Are you going to be ok?
Of course I'm ok. Happy a hell actually. Still think it's funny that he said something so retarded. That and I like rubbing it in.

Post a reply to: Best Moto News of the Day...........

The Latest