Bench Racers Christmas

TDeath21
12/25/2011 1:51pm
DC wrote:
TDeath, it's a different David Bailey, and someone mentioned it yesterday I think. We will get this DB's info separated from The Icon and have it...
TDeath, it's a different David Bailey, and someone mentioned it yesterday I think. We will get this DB's info separated from The Icon and have it sorted this week.

DC
MX Sports
Had I just read the comments before posting I would have noticed that. Awesome Christmas present from RacerX. I could spend hours looking through all of that stuff.
speedman
12/25/2011 2:12pm
DC, the "Amp" bikes were the trick CZs built by the Action Supply parts/accessories distributorship in Houston that Steve Stackable and Kent Howerton rode on the national circuit in 1973--you'll see CZ for other finishes by those two that year. I think they called them AMP Research or something, but they were like a lot of super-trick CZs of that period, different frame and so on.

That "Pow" bike is probably a Powroll-built bike because the rider was from Oregon, but was that an Elsinore with a 4-stroke SL-derived engine, or a Powroll 2-stroke build?

I wouldn't have minded getting any of the above bikes this Christmas, although there's gotta be a lot of AHMRA CZs that would roost those AMP bikes.
DC
12/25/2011 2:59pm
Speedman, thanks, we need to switch those to the "base" units, like a Mugen Honda or a Noguchi Yamaha (Gene McKay). And I love the Donald Sutherland avatar from one of my favorite movies growing up, Kelly's Heroes!

DC
MX Sports
12/25/2011 3:57pm
thanx davey love trivia as i read those old names i got at least one story for each great memories

The Shop

stillwelding
12/25/2011 4:21pm Edited Date/Time 12/26/2011 3:00pm
I think you need a correction on the year that Gaylon Mosier died. On the 1980 page, it says Gaylon died in 1979 (under a photo caption). I'm pretty sure it was Sept. 1980, as I was staying with the Keystone Crew for the whole of the Trans-USA series and was in N.Y. when he was killed. Thanks for all the hard work putting this together!!!!!
Matthes
12/25/2011 5:44pm
I definitely see an error in 2007 when Grant Langston is credited with the most amount of points which would make him the 450 champion. I have no doubt Tim Ferry won the title that year. I can still see it when I close my eyes. Please fix ASAP.
T-MAC
12/25/2011 7:04pm
Matthes wrote:
I definitely see an error in 2007 when Grant Langston is credited with the most amount of points which would make him the 450 champion. I...
I definitely see an error in 2007 when Grant Langston is credited with the most amount of points which would make him the 450 champion. I have no doubt Tim Ferry won the title that year. I can still see it when I close my eyes. Please fix ASAP.
Haha, what could've been.
sharkey
12/26/2011 5:33pm
DC wrote:
TDeath, it's a different David Bailey, and someone mentioned it yesterday I think. We will get this DB's info separated from The Icon and have it...
TDeath, it's a different David Bailey, and someone mentioned it yesterday I think. We will get this DB's info separated from The Icon and have it sorted this week.

DC
MX Sports
wonder if its the david bailey from washington
wpark89
12/27/2011 7:05am
DC wrote:

DC
MX Sports
sharkey wrote:
wonder if its the david bailey from washington
Yes,

That is the Washington David Bailey. I don't know much about him. I started racing mini's in the late 80s and there was a local pro named David Bailey who was pretty fast and rode Yamahas. After about 90 or 91 I don't remember ever seeing or hearing his name around.

Post a reply to: Bench Racers Christmas

The Latest