Ben Townley injured again - out for spain

51xc
Edited Date/Time 5/27/2016 7:59am
maaaan, i was really looking forward to see what he can do this season but it just seems to go from bad to worse for him. i wonder if he will continue next year. i hope he will be ok to go asap!

|
scooter5002
5/26/2016 7:17am
Guy just can't catch a break, that sucks. An amazing talent, and I'll always remember watching him battle with 3 other guys for the lead at Red Bud, until he tucked the front wheel, I think. Wish he would've stayed retired, honestly, he's sacrificed enough of his body to this sport. Go back home, and enjoy being a Dad. More to life than Moto.
davistld01
5/26/2016 8:18am
And people talk about Stew needing to hang it up...
JeepnMike
5/26/2016 8:22am
davistld01 wrote:
LOL! I was just thinking they would make great roommates. Better yet, they need to start their own team.. They would save a ton of money on gas for their hauler! Wouldn't need much for mechanics or staff either. WhistlingSilly
5/26/2016 8:24am
Predicted long ago Townley wouldn't last the season. What's the point of having a novelty rider taking up a seat on a factory team? Time to suit up a future prospect and have Kevin school him while he's still healthy and on the payroll.

The Shop

5/26/2016 9:59am
Suzuki having a hard time

BT out, Hsu injured again last weekend ....
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
5/26/2016 12:41pm
davistld01 wrote:
Townley has finished way more races than Stew this year,

and turned up to the start of the season looking fit,

bad deal, nothing broken, so hopefully only one week out,
Gukamonster
5/26/2016 1:07pm
This is surprising he keeps getting hurt. Listening to him talk it sure sounds like he is the world's expert on technique and proper riding. I don't understand how his talent gets him in to situations his talent can not handle, repeatedly over a decade.

His comments on World Champion Romain Febvre

"Yeah he’s a strange character the way he rides. He doesn’t really do anything correct, the way he holds his arms, he doesn’t really do anything with good technique, he’s not the nicest guy to watch"

http://gatedrop.com/interview-ben-townley/
agn5009
5/26/2016 1:15pm
davistld01 wrote:
At least he's finished more than 1 race. They are both on the ground a lot, but stew is cleaning the dirt outta his ears even more often.
aeffertz
5/26/2016 1:17pm
davistld01 wrote:
BT would probably wax Stewart right now.
agn5009
5/26/2016 1:21pm
The Source wrote:
Predicted long ago Townley wouldn't last the season. What's the point of having a novelty rider taking up a seat on a factory team? Time to...
Predicted long ago Townley wouldn't last the season. What's the point of having a novelty rider taking up a seat on a factory team? Time to suit up a future prospect and have Kevin school him while he's still healthy and on the payroll.
This "novelty" guy can still win motos. Same with Stewart. They still have the potential. They also have a good fan base (especially stewart) which sells more bikes. My feeling is, what's the point putting a guy who goes out and takes 15th and gets lapped on a factory bike? That's not going to sell bikes. Having that big poster with a picture of James Stewart and his Suzuki will sell more bikes than an unknown taking 15-30th place.

That's why guys like you don't run multimillion (billion?) Dollar motorcycle companies. Because they know what's best for the company. They know what sells the bikes, not you. Like it or not, Townley is way more marketable in the MXGP series than anyone else without a factory ride.
5/26/2016 3:52pm
The Source wrote:
Predicted long ago Townley wouldn't last the season. What's the point of having a novelty rider taking up a seat on a factory team? Time to...
agn5009 wrote:
This "novelty" guy can still win motos. Same with Stewart. They still have the potential. They also have a good fan base (especially stewart) which sells...
This "novelty" guy can still win motos. Same with Stewart. They still have the potential. They also have a good fan base (especially stewart) which sells more bikes. My feeling is, what's the point putting a guy who goes out and takes 15th and gets lapped on a factory bike? That's not going to sell bikes. Having that big poster with a picture of James Stewart and his Suzuki will sell more bikes than an unknown taking 15-30th place.

That's why guys like you don't run multimillion (billion?) Dollar motorcycle companies. Because they know what's best for the company. They know what sells the bikes, not you. Like it or not, Townley is way more marketable in the MXGP series than anyone else without a factory ride.
Does anyone buy a particular brand of bike because their favourite rider has one anymore? Most top riders have shown they are not brand loyal, just ride whatever pays most. Im the same, I just buy whichever bike is cheapest. As long as it's not Suzuki, don't like them for some reason. And I'm a roczen fan.
agn5009
5/26/2016 4:19pm
The Source wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
This "novelty" guy can still win motos. Same with Stewart. They still have the potential. They also have a good fan base (especially stewart) which sells...

Does anyone buy a particular brand of bike because their favourite rider has one anymore? Most top riders have shown they are not brand loyal, just...
Does anyone buy a particular brand of bike because their favourite rider has one anymore? Most top riders have shown they are not brand loyal, just ride whatever pays most. Im the same, I just buy whichever bike is cheapest. As long as it's not Suzuki, don't like them for some reason. And I'm a roczen fan.
I think you would be surprised how many kids want a certain bike because their favorite racer rides that brand. Obviously most people on this forum have a certain bike they're accustomed to and feel is the best. Mainly because a lot of us have been riding for 20+ years and have had every brand of bike. But remember, we (vital members) are not the majority.
5/26/2016 4:35pm
agn5009 wrote:

Does anyone buy a particular brand of bike because their favourite rider has one anymore? Most top riders have shown they are not brand loyal, just...
agn5009 wrote:
I think you would be surprised how many kids want a certain bike because their favorite racer rides that brand. Obviously most people on this forum...
I think you would be surprised how many kids want a certain bike because their favorite racer rides that brand. Obviously most people on this forum have a certain bike they're accustomed to and feel is the best. Mainly because a lot of us have been riding for 20+ years and have had every brand of bike. But remember, we (vital members) are not the majority.
It seems like every kid wants a ktm now because that's their only option when they start. In 65's there was one kx out of 40+. But yeah I agree some kids would follow their favourite rider.
5/26/2016 5:08pm
The Source wrote:
agn5009 wrote:

That "15-30th" guy will be on the gate and getting better every season, Townley will not even finish the season with or without a fan base
5/26/2016 5:25pm
My boy wants a KTM. But when you work in a KTM shop , that's expected. Wish I could afford one for him, until then it's a PW.
Old-Man
5/26/2016 5:45pm
Dude is one of the best, just wished he would have had bones of steel but that is a hard commodity when it comes to speed in MX.

Dungey is an exception to the rule
motokiwi
Fantasy
269th
5/26/2016 7:16pm
davistld01 wrote:
F you guy.

Townley has a deep ingrained passion for the sport.

I wish I could say the same about the FMOTP, but sadly I cant at the moment.
Jeremy200
5/27/2016 1:56am Edited Date/Time 5/27/2016 2:49am
1. Ben was sick with a virus earlier in the season - not an injury.

2. Brings more than speed - the guy is a true professional and highly motivated. That rubs off on the people around him.
struth
5/27/2016 2:36am
The Source wrote:
Kevin results this year average at best,kevin is done....Suzuki needs get some of the emx250 young gunz.
Tumblin
5/27/2016 6:25am
Anybody here race?

If so it seems most of you must be stuck in the C Class and have never tried to find additional speed. "If You don't crash now and then you are not trying hard enough" comes to mind.

I personally love BT's commitment! As for the rest of you arm chair throttle twisters....not so much
agn5009
5/27/2016 7:30am
Tumblin wrote:
Anybody here race? If so it seems most of you must be stuck in the C Class and have never tried to find additional speed. "If...
Anybody here race?

If so it seems most of you must be stuck in the C Class and have never tried to find additional speed. "If You don't crash now and then you are not trying hard enough" comes to mind.

I personally love BT's commitment! As for the rest of you arm chair throttle twisters....not so much
"most?" There's like literally 3 guys here bashing Townley. Everyone else is bummed.
Tumblin
5/27/2016 7:58am
agn5009 wrote:
"most?" There's like literally 3 guys here bashing Townley. Everyone else is bummed.
Ok, I get a little excited defending BT.
It seems I slammed right into The Source's bullshit and I must have seized it when I hit the rev limiter... my bad.

Post a reply to: Ben Townley injured again - out for spain

The Latest