Ben Riddle ?

bultokid
8/26/2009 4:09am
mxnick wrote:
lets ask phatwake1...maybe he knows! Who remembers that cat?
I was trying to remember who that was that always had a broner for the dude, you nailed it.
Stoop
Fantasy
1021st
8/26/2009 4:29am
10 years for 5lbs of pot on a first offense? Is that normal? There was a engine builder in AZ who just got busted, Yves Edge...
10 years for 5lbs of pot on a first offense? Is that normal?

There was a engine builder in AZ who just got busted, Yves Edge or something. I think he's on the run!

Riddles damn tall 6'4"!
you would probably only get 1 yr in Aus for that if you were unlucky
ehr400
8/26/2009 5:10am
If you read further down on his file it says 1 year sentance. There is a max of 10 years for that.
mccread
8/26/2009 5:19am
Thats pretty sad about Riddle I have videos of him riding for factory Suzuki at Binghamton and in SX the next year at Indy, pretty hard to believe how such a talent can be wasted... I think situations like this show why Davey is trying for the 18 plus rule in MX/SX in the US.

The Shop

newmann
8/26/2009 5:42am
Shawn142 wrote:
That's a damn shame. I grew up racing with Ben, he was always cool except for his little blow up at Whitney right before turning pro...
That's a damn shame. I grew up racing with Ben, he was always cool except for his little blow up at Whitney right before turning pro. It's kinda depressing how many fast kids didn't make it from that age group. The one guy I wouldn't have pegged to do anything in my age group was Short, look how that turned out..
Didn't he get kicked out of Whitney that year for trashing the pits in a rental car or something? A pre-JLaw moment? He ought to be able to pull down a good job at the coffee shop with those pretty neck tats when he gets out though.
8/26/2009 10:07am
Great post 186!!!!

I was at Casey one year and Ben shows up on a KX and SMOKES everyone by a MILE!!! We were all like who is that dude? Then we found out he was like 14. I have seen Mike Brown, Nick Wey, Josh Woods, Paul Carpenter, McGrath, and many others ride that track. Ben did things and took lines that those other guys never dreamed of. We were all trying to get a rythum in the back whoops so we went to see how he was doing them. Double double double, triple in triple out? NOPE! Just clear them all
mccread
8/26/2009 10:26am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2009 10:28am
The problem is its the pro results that count not LL titles - just look at the MXDN USA team for proof. maybe the US kids get put under to much pressure on Amatuer results ? and as a consequence get burnt out or think they have made it when they get the big rig and go pro? when in reality that is when the hard training, discipline and huge desire counts. A guy like Grant, Short, Tedesco even Dungey and Weimar have shown that...
MXTRAINER1
8/26/2009 2:15pm
Team 186,
its understandable that you would defend and inform others of Bens accomplishments. He was a very talented athlete with a lot of untapped potential.
I cannot accept the weight or height issue as being a major problem and I am sure that Ben would be the first to agree.
I also agree that he was a better big bike rider and that is where he should have been.
It is still sad to see these young athletes have their careers cut short for lack of proper "lifestyle management".
I wish him well and hope everything works out.
Alan Gerkey
flarider
8/26/2009 3:05pm
Team186, as MXTRAINER1 said above is very accurate.
You assessment is sugar coated to the point of inducing a diabetic coma.
You left out A LOT OF DETAILS as to why Ben had his problems.

Just as with JLaw, even though he has management, he still makes his own decisions, many of which are poor decisions that can or will effect him negatively...Same with Ben.
He made his own poor decisions and blaming his management, or lack thereof, is silliness, because Ben was an adult

tcannon521
Fantasy
1301st
8/26/2009 3:20pm
Was it Ben that said he would never ride a bike again b/c of his Dad?

There was a couple of riders from the KY area that came up at the same time and I always get them confused about which ones dad was out of control.
Skymx99
Fantasy
3179th
8/26/2009 8:42pm
Team186,

I remember the 4 stroke national where been was quading into the supercross six at daniel boone. Who was it that crashed trying it behind him?

I grew up racing the same class as your son at mid-state and daniel boone and always looked up to ben as a racer. He could flat out haul ass anywhere he went.
Jacob_Paris
1/23/2011 4:48am
2stroke153 wrote:
Anyone know why Ben Riddle disappeared off the face of the earth after getting a factory ride, and where is he at now? Still racing at...
Anyone know why Ben Riddle disappeared off the face of the earth after getting a factory ride, and where is he at now? Still racing at all?
i see him everyday
partialperson
1/23/2011 5:50am
Why do people have to be so negatively opinionated about someone they don't really a clue about. I was around Ben and Billy Fosnock when they were kids, Billy some as an adult. They pretty much ruled anywhere they rode, even after lenghthy time off the saddle. Can't they just be remembered for their on track accomplishments and their character not be assassinated. They were good kids, their life didn't affect yours, it didn't work out the way you would have liked it, so what! They achieved levels not one of us could dream about in MX, socially they have some issues, almost all of have issues of some sort. Especially those of us at VitalMX.
partialperson
1/23/2011 2:31pm
Actually, if you buy a new frame it is serial # delete. So in essence it can be stamped anywhere, anyhow you want. The frame was supplied by Suzuki, BR, a nice personalized touch. Handmade, laid out pieced and welded versus machine weld, and gusseted. Who would ever know except those in the know?
rbigair40
1/31/2011 5:40pm
What happened to Ben in my opinion is at the Mini Os after LL he was dominating!!! none of this battling for the lead !!he was taking it !!! Then he hi sided and broke or dislocated his shoulder , That looked like it took the spark out of him,at least thats what i saw and he and his family where my friends and still are just havent seen them in years .
zookrider62!
Fantasy
975th
1/31/2011 5:59pm
Jarid332 wrote:
Hey Dave,

What are Jacob Saylor's plans for 2010?
flarider wrote:
He's working at a track near Knoxville teaching and stuff, after that, I dunno...up in the air still
Thought I read something about him being in houston possibly
zookrider62!
Fantasy
975th
1/31/2011 6:11pm
Why do people have to be so negatively opinionated about someone they don't really a clue about. I was around Ben and Billy Fosnock when they...
Why do people have to be so negatively opinionated about someone they don't really a clue about. I was around Ben and Billy Fosnock when they were kids, Billy some as an adult. They pretty much ruled anywhere they rode, even after lenghthy time off the saddle. Can't they just be remembered for their on track accomplishments and their character not be assassinated. They were good kids, their life didn't affect yours, it didn't work out the way you would have liked it, so what! They achieved levels not one of us could dream about in MX, socially they have some issues, almost all of have issues of some sort. Especially those of us at VitalMX.
the OP asked what Ben Riddle was up to. If everyone answered, "he used to haul ass" that woud be completely pointless.
TheWeapon
Fantasy
51st
1/31/2011 6:15pm
Didn't he turn out to be Lord Voldemort?
Trent179
1/31/2011 6:27pm
Seeing Riddle ride in person was a treat for sure.
1/31/2011 8:02pm
He had his own riding style for sure. I remember him quading and doubling out of the six pack at Daniel Boone. I seen him more than once catch 250 pros while he was riding 125 B, after they had stagger started the classes.
drmarkr
1/31/2011 8:07pm
What's mxprincess been up to, anyways??
mikey
1/31/2011 9:00pm
Good question drmarkr. I haven't talked to her in a few years. Used to talk with her quite a bit when she was posting on motonews.com. Brad Ripple and her were together for awhile, that ended years ago. Last I knew she was living down near Atlanta.

As for Ben Riddle, he was definately a talent. However, I think he turned pro at a time where talent could win races, but the bar was being raised and the top guys were beginning to figure out more structured ways to race and train. Unfortunately for Ben he probably made some bad decisions. However, he is still young and could still have a successful career doing something outside of racing. Who knows maybe even be a top amateur again or do some AX etc? Best of luck to him.
Canerat
7/25/2011 4:35am
Hi, can anyone here help me out with Steve, Paty or McKenzies email address. Im close to the Riddle family but have lost contact. Please PM me. Thanks
Canerat
7/25/2011 4:37am
Hi, can anyone here help me out with Steve, Paty or McKenzies email address. Im close to the Riddle family but have lost contact. As im in South Africa an email address would be better as we get bent over a barrel and shafted hard when it comes to international calls. Please PM me. Thanks in advance.
7/25/2011 4:42am
Anyone remember the Phatwake / Ben Riddle message board gag someone did up on Mototalk (i think) back in the day? Hilarity!
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
7/25/2011 7:53am Edited Date/Time 7/25/2011 7:54am
TheWeapon wrote:
Didn't he turn out to be Lord Voldemort?
That's what I thought too.
rodb
7/25/2011 2:57pm
Hey Partialperson, your mention of Billy Fosnock bring back memories.
10/11/2011 10:00am
Skymx99 wrote:
Team186, I remember the 4 stroke national where been was quading into the supercross six at daniel boone. Who was it that crashed trying it behind...
Team186,

I remember the 4 stroke national where been was quading into the supercross six at daniel boone. Who was it that crashed trying it behind him?

I grew up racing the same class as your son at mid-state and daniel boone and always looked up to ben as a racer. He could flat out haul ass anywhere he went.
JR Carter crashed following me over it and destroyed his bike and I think his shoulder too
MotoX85
10/11/2011 10:23am
Why do people have to be so negatively opinionated about someone they don't really a clue about. I was around Ben and Billy Fosnock when they...
This is why.................

Fosnock was arrested and charged with armed robbery for holding up someone outside a convenience store with a knife. A second charge for another incident at the same station followed. Now I’m sad to say that it looks like he’s going away for a long time...

Very fast but had the attitude he could do whatever he wanted...............as with Riddle, as with Lawrence, as with etc., etc.

Have you ever heard the moral, 100 att-a-boys are erased by one aww-shit !!!
mxpunk
10/11/2011 11:06am
kinda sad these kids are handed everything and they go and do dumb shit...

its not entirely the parents fault but i see alot of kids these days with piss poor attitudes and their parents just accept it.

plenty of kids in this country would KILL to have one dirtbike, let alone the opportunity to make a career at it!

Post a reply to: Ben Riddle ?

The Latest