Bell Moto 9 $199

Jmicmoto13
2/27/2017 2:29pm
Just got this helmet and I'm stoked. Picked up off eBay for $199 shipped!! This is my first real "nice" helmet and I am super pumped so far!

Edit: Forgot to ask my freaking question. Any good, bad, or interesting experiences with this helmet?

|
fast willy
2/27/2017 2:55pm
I have one. No complaints from me .
tydog
2/27/2017 4:11pm
I have the Flex and I'm totally happy. Sorry but not sure the differences and don't care. Congrats sir. Ride safe.
Jmicmoto13
2/27/2017 4:13pm
Isn't the flex the carbon version? I think it looks killer.
Skerby
2/27/2017 4:41pm
Good: Comfort.

Bad: Hitting your head. Its safe for sure, still sucks to hit you head in.

Ive been wearing one of these for about 4 years now and thats about all I can offer

The Shop

250John
2/27/2017 4:53pm
My son just got one. Had to go up a size. They seem to run very small.
Stuntman949
2/27/2017 4:55pm
Love mine. Only drawback is goggles with nose pieces do not fit with the nose attachment.
tylermx967
2/27/2017 5:18pm
DOSE THIS HELMIT COME IN YELLOW??? I THINK IT LOOK GREAT FOR A RIDER ON SUSZUKI!
AlexB289
Fantasy
3241st
2/27/2017 5:26pm
I second the goggle thing. Other than that I like my moto 9
Jmicmoto13
2/27/2017 5:49pm
Thanks for the input guys. It does seem a tad snug right now but hoping it will loosen up. Sorry Tyler, this Infrared color was the only one left at that price.
Tracktor
2/27/2017 6:27pm
We like ours. Btw, they do run a size smaller but you can buy different cheek pads for custom fit...
jbrown15
2/27/2017 6:59pm
Congrats on the Bell, I managed to score a very similar deal about 5 months ago. I managed to get my son a Moto 9 Carbon Tagger Clash off of eBay for only a $150. He was pretty happy to get that for Christmas.

Skerby
2/27/2017 7:51pm
Tight is good! Foam packs out. You want the shell to be as close to your head as possible.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
2/27/2017 7:56pm
I've got the exact same one. A little tighter fitting but that's ok with me
Myke
Fantasy
2861st
2/27/2017 8:03pm
Love mine. Only drawback is goggles with nose pieces do not fit with the nose attachment.
I use my 100% nose attachment with no problem in my Moto 9. I tuck the nose of the goggle down behind the helmet nose guard first then tilt the goggles back to put them on. No issues.
mxjon454
2/27/2017 8:08pm
Great pick. I love my bell moto 9, most comfortable helmet ive ever bought. The only other helmet that felt as good that i tried on was an Arai, but didnt want to spend $750. Tried on the Fox V3 and hated how they fit. Dont think ill wear anything other then a Bell.
gnarwhip
2/27/2017 8:46pm
I'd paint the mouth piece white, 90s style, but that's just me
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
2/27/2017 11:24pm
Myke wrote:
I use my 100% nose attachment with no problem in my Moto 9. I tuck the nose of the goggle down behind the helmet nose guard...
I use my 100% nose attachment with no problem in my Moto 9. I tuck the nose of the goggle down behind the helmet nose guard first then tilt the goggles back to put them on. No issues.
+1. Wear 100% goggles with the nose guard. No problem.....
Jmicmoto13
2/28/2017 3:10am
gnarwhip wrote:
I'd paint the mouth piece white, 90s style, but that's just me
I thought about getting the black mouth piece replacement to offer a little contrast.
Bramlett321
2/28/2017 5:54am
What are the differences in the Bell Moto 9 vs. the Flex helmet? I love helmets and have several high end but I can buy the 9 on BTO for $84.00, it appears to be the exact same outer shell shape but not the flex obviously and not carbon. Is this just a trash helmet or a legitimate good deal trying to clear out an older model??
Jmicmoto13
2/28/2017 8:14am
What are the differences in the Bell Moto 9 vs. the Flex helmet? I love helmets and have several high end but I can buy the...
What are the differences in the Bell Moto 9 vs. the Flex helmet? I love helmets and have several high end but I can buy the 9 on BTO for $84.00, it appears to be the exact same outer shell shape but not the flex obviously and not carbon. Is this just a trash helmet or a legitimate good deal trying to clear out an older model??
It looks like you are looking at the MX-9 helmet and not the Moto 9 model. I'm not sure of the quality or dependability of the helmet.
Motofinne
2/28/2017 8:18am
I have 2 Moto 9 Flex helmets and i love them. Best fitting helmet that i have ever had and the technology is impressive.

The only "bad" thing with it is the weight. I would like to see it closer to 1000g.
Kuzzy510
2/28/2017 9:10am
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
Just got this helmet and I'm stoked. Picked up off eBay for $199 shipped!! This is my first real "nice" helmet and I am super pumped...
Just got this helmet and I'm stoked. Picked up off eBay for $199 shipped!! This is my first real "nice" helmet and I am super pumped so far!

Edit: Forgot to ask my freaking question. Any good, bad, or interesting experiences with this helmet?

I bought that same helmet when motosport had it on sale. Hopefully you weren't expecting it to be black and red like how it looks bc its not. Its actually black and orange. Also i wear a size medium with all my other helmets and i ordered medium for this one and its very tight on me. very nice helmet otherwise.
Jmicmoto13
2/28/2017 9:31am
Kuzzy510 wrote:
I bought that same helmet when motosport had it on sale. Hopefully you weren't expecting it to be black and red like how it looks bc...
I bought that same helmet when motosport had it on sale. Hopefully you weren't expecting it to be black and red like how it looks bc its not. Its actually black and orange. Also i wear a size medium with all my other helmets and i ordered medium for this one and its very tight on me. very nice helmet otherwise.
Agreed. It's definitely Florescent orange and not red.
MK_281
2/28/2017 9:31am
Bought a moto 9 flex carbon. Wore it about 5 times, Loved it. But.....

I was pulling the liner out to wash it, and the back liner buttons are generally tough to unsnap.

Well.....The button that is glued to the base of the helmet ripped off from the shell, and this ended up with me ripping the foam layers in the helmet. I have been super careful with it from day one, but when the glue rips off the shell, it is a pretty big disappointment. $900cad helmet give or take, and I only got to wear it about 5 times.

Sent it away, hoping to get the helmet fixed, and or replaced. Nope. They said it failed their impact test and I would not be given any compensation, replacement, or even discount towards another $900 helmet.

Great product when all is well. But Bell as a company, to me, is a serious disappointment.
jbrown15
2/28/2017 9:55pm
MK_281 wrote:
Bought a moto 9 flex carbon. Wore it about 5 times, Loved it. But..... I was pulling the liner out to wash it, and the back...

I was pulling the liner out to wash it, and the back liner buttons are generally tough to unsnap.

Well.....The button that is glued to the base of the helmet ripped off from the shell, and this ended up with me ripping the foam layers in the helmet. I have been super careful with it from day one, but when the glue rips off the shell, it is a pretty big disappointment. $900cad helmet give or take, and I only got to wear it about 5 times.

Sent it away, hoping to get the helmet fixed, and or replaced. Nope. They said it failed their impact test and I would not be given any compensation, replacement, or even discount towards another $900 helmet.

Great product when all is well. But Bell as a company, to me, is a serious disappointment.
Sorry but what happened? you sent it in for warranty because of the snap buttons ripped off and then they did an impact test on the helmet with it failing and they refused to give it back?
MK_281
2/28/2017 10:06pm
MK_281 wrote:
Bought a moto 9 flex carbon. Wore it about 5 times, Loved it. But..... I was pulling the liner out to wash it, and the back...

jbrown15 wrote:
Sorry but what happened? you sent it in for warranty because of the snap buttons ripped off and then they did an impact test on the...
Sorry but what happened? you sent it in for warranty because of the snap buttons ripped off and then they did an impact test on the helmet with it failing and they refused to give it back?
Yes.

I was removing the helmet liner to wash it. At the base of the helmet liner, there are 2 buttons. Those buttons attach to the base of the helmet. When i was pulling the liner out, the buttons that are attached to the shell, ripped out, and the small force of me pulling the liner caused the protective foam liner to tear.

My dealer contacted Bell, they said send it back and they will have a look at it. They then contacted my dealer and said that the helmet does not qualify for a replacement, as it did not pass their "impact test" and said sorry.

To be clear. The helmet was not crashed in, it was brand new. The foam was cracked from attempting to remove the helmet liner and in turn made the helmet useless.

buh bye $$$
jbrown15
2/28/2017 10:48pm
MK_281 wrote:

jbrown15 wrote:
Sorry but what happened? you sent it in for warranty because of the snap buttons ripped off and then they did an impact test on the...
MK_281 wrote:
Yes. I was removing the helmet liner to wash it. At the base of the helmet liner, there are 2 buttons. Those buttons attach to the...
Yes.

I was removing the helmet liner to wash it. At the base of the helmet liner, there are 2 buttons. Those buttons attach to the base of the helmet. When i was pulling the liner out, the buttons that are attached to the shell, ripped out, and the small force of me pulling the liner caused the protective foam liner to tear.

My dealer contacted Bell, they said send it back and they will have a look at it. They then contacted my dealer and said that the helmet does not qualify for a replacement, as it did not pass their "impact test" and said sorry.

To be clear. The helmet was not crashed in, it was brand new. The foam was cracked from attempting to remove the helmet liner and in turn made the helmet useless.

buh bye $$$
WOW..... I would have been pissed if that happened to me. Sorry to hear about your crappy luck.
3/1/2017 12:03am
My girlfriend really wants the Bell MX-9 Seven Soldier, it's $166 shipped with my Hookit (lol) discount so I think I'm gonna pull the trigger and get one after all the good reviews i've seen on it now.
jbrown15
3/1/2017 12:23am Edited Date/Time 3/1/2017 12:24am
My girlfriend really wants the Bell MX-9 Seven Soldier, it's $166 shipped with my Hookit (lol) discount so I think I'm gonna pull the trigger and...
My girlfriend really wants the Bell MX-9 Seven Soldier, it's $166 shipped with my Hookit (lol) discount so I think I'm gonna pull the trigger and get one after all the good reviews i've seen on it now.
Last year I bought my son a MX-9 on closeout for only $59, I almost couldn't believe how nice of a helmet it was for the money. If I hadn't got him a great deal on the Moto 9 carbon that I had found I was going to get him a 2017 MX-9 with the MIPS system. I looked at buying him a Fox V3 with MIPS and I'm so glad I didn't, I can't believe how poorly those helmets fit for what they cost. I personally think the new MX-9 with MIPS is one of the best deals going for a good quality safe helmet with the MIPS system.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
3/1/2017 6:23am
MK_281 wrote:

Those still use the buttons? I thought they would use the magnet like the Moto 9

Post a reply to: Bell Moto 9 $199

The Latest