Beams Dungey

hopgrower
Edited Date/Time 7/3/2014 12:21pm
So what is the story with Dungey splitting from Beams? After hearing that it makes more since about Beams attitude on the DMXS show.
|
mx510
Fantasy
1707th
7/1/2014 9:34pm
Rob Beams was Dungeys trainer to this point. I was confused when I heard that they had split after listening to DMXS the other night, I still thought all was well.
Silliker269
7/1/2014 9:41pm
Sounds like KTM has a request out for Aldon's services. Dungey & Roger probably seen the magic that rubbed off on Roczen

The Shop

willie838
7/1/2014 9:57pm
from the behind the scenes show from cbs this year, i was positive that beams wasn't going to last if dungey didn't make some dramatic step up in output- which he didn't.
skidmarkz
7/1/2014 10:20pm Edited Date/Time 7/1/2014 11:33pm
I listened to that dmxs show too and in it he was talking about coming back from FL and some ex-pros w/ a 9th grade education criticizing his program. Maybe where the fall out started or ended? He did also say that he and RC would have an announcement in Sept.

http://vurbmoto.s3.amazonaws.com/audio/62514/DMXS_62514.mp3 Starts @ 0:40:18
Spat24
Fantasy
618th
7/1/2014 10:53pm
Sounds like KTM has a request out for Aldon's services. Dungey & Roger probably seen the magic that rubbed off on Roczen
If that is true - the other riders need to look out.

Just think - Dungey training with AB and riding daily with KROC? Look what it did for KROC and Poto benefited from it too. 5 and 94 will even be faster next year.
mx510
Fantasy
1707th
7/1/2014 11:14pm
skidmarkz wrote:
I listened to that dmxs show too and in it he was talking about coming back from FL and some ex-pros w/ a 9th grade education...
I listened to that dmxs show too and in it he was talking about coming back from FL and some ex-pros w/ a 9th grade education criticizing his program. Maybe where the fall out started or ended? He did also say that he and RC would have an announcement in Sept.

http://vurbmoto.s3.amazonaws.com/audio/62514/DMXS_62514.mp3 Starts @ 0:40:18
The ex pro he was talking about made me immediately think it was Ryno he was reffering to.
IWreckALot
7/2/2014 4:43am
I just don't see Dungey being a conformist. And you have to submit to Aldon's program for it to work. Maybe I'm wrong but I just can't buy that speculation right now.

I'd love to see what happens if Dungey went to Aldon and gave Aldon what he wanted. I'm also afraid that Aldon would want RD to ride outside of his comfort zone which might end up with RD injured more often. . . And Dungey's problem isn't fitness. Maybe Aldon could help with that?
Crush
7/2/2014 5:55am
You don't see Dungey as a conformist?

You surely must mean something else because he is outright known to do whatever Ricky and Rodger have told him. I even heard a joke going round that his siganture happens to look an awful lot like RCs.

Truthfully as a DMXS listener if they've split, that's a bummer. Beams knows his shit. But Dungey's never had a problem with fitness, he's just riding in a time where there are a few other guys who literally hold it on half a metre more most of the time. If he unlocks his head and his throttle hand he'd get more wins, but some guys aren't programmed that way, simple as that.

Besides. It's not like he's having a bad career over there! 4 time so far... He'll end up with 6-8 I'd imagine.
Jt$
7/2/2014 6:46am
Dungey was more or less on Aldon's program in 2008 when he was staying with Stew. He has been around it before.
hvaughn88
7/2/2014 7:23am
So does anyone actually know why they split?
Jt$
7/2/2014 7:29am
hvaughn88 wrote:
Split at end of supercross.
hvaughn88
7/2/2014 7:33am
hvaughn88 wrote:
Jt$ wrote:
huh, ok. Were there some specific reasons or just wanting to go different directions (can you say)?
IceMan446
7/2/2014 7:33am
Jt$ wrote:
What was the reason?

And if the Aldon to KTM thing is true, how will that effect the riders currently on his program?
Jt$
7/2/2014 7:45am
Not sure on the reason.. I would speculate that Ryan wanted to go back to doing it his way but I am purely guessing. Riders and trainers are a revolving door in SX/MX.
IWreckALot
7/2/2014 7:50am
Crush wrote:
You don't see Dungey as a conformist? You surely must mean something else because he is outright known to do whatever Ricky and Rodger have told...
You don't see Dungey as a conformist?

You surely must mean something else because he is outright known to do whatever Ricky and Rodger have told him. I even heard a joke going round that his siganture happens to look an awful lot like RCs.

Truthfully as a DMXS listener if they've split, that's a bummer. Beams knows his shit. But Dungey's never had a problem with fitness, he's just riding in a time where there are a few other guys who literally hold it on half a metre more most of the time. If he unlocks his head and his throttle hand he'd get more wins, but some guys aren't programmed that way, simple as that.

Besides. It's not like he's having a bad career over there! 4 time so far... He'll end up with 6-8 I'd imagine.
You're right. Maybe I misspoke. As you said, Dungey's weakness isn't endurance/strength. It's riding technique/ line choice/ pulling the trigger and making the fucking pass. Something along those lines. I don't know what in particular but it's on the track issues. It seems like Aldon wants his trainees to 100% accept his program or no deal. As an outsider, I can't see Dungey changing his training program. And I don't see Aldon changing his training agreement. That's where the conformist comment came from.
Crush
7/2/2014 7:54am
They split at the end of SX?

That Beams interview was last week, after a good few rounds of MX and no one corrected or said anything? Less Beams going on about sprint stuff was a rant in reaction?

hmmm....
hvaughn88
7/2/2014 7:58am
Crush wrote:
They split at the end of SX? That Beams interview was last week, after a good few rounds of MX and no one corrected or said...

That Beams interview was last week, after a good few rounds of MX and no one corrected or said anything? Less Beams going on about sprint stuff was a rant in reaction?

hmmm....
ya that is weird if they split at the end of SX because he was definitely speaking like they were still together. Who knows, I learn more and more everyday that I don't know, nor can I rationalize, anything that happens in this sport.
Jt$
7/2/2014 8:16am
Crush wrote:
They split at the end of SX? That Beams interview was last week, after a good few rounds of MX and no one corrected or said...

hmmm....
From what I was told, yes.
Crush
7/2/2014 8:21am
veird. wery wery veird.
Monte122
7/2/2014 8:28am
Who is Stewart training with? I know he or big James didn't like Aldon's program cuz they did more cycling than being at the track . I think having a good trainer is more of a mental thing, they are there for endurance etc... But more to motivate the riders and make them believe they can go faster and can win. I think Aldon is good at that with his riders, Ryno I'm not so sure.
IceMan446
7/2/2014 8:57am
Monte122 wrote:
Who is Stewart training with? I know he or big James didn't like Aldon's program cuz they did more cycling than being at the track...
Who is Stewart training with? I know he or big James didn't like Aldon's program cuz they did more cycling than being at the track . I think having a good trainer is more of a mental thing, they are there for endurance etc... But more to motivate the riders and make them believe they can go faster and can win. I think Aldon is good at that with his riders, Ryno I'm not so sure.
His trainer is Pablo Toribio.

Davey's old trainer.
mxdude105
7/2/2014 10:15am
All the psuedoscience that these trainers use to sell themselves is really just fluff. You do not need all that fancy equipment and computerized tests to get yourself in top level shape. I feel like trainers try to out-science eachother to prove their merit and like JT said, it still continues to be a revolving door with these guys.
Silliker269
7/2/2014 10:25am
mxdude105 wrote:
All the psuedoscience that these trainers use to sell themselves is really just fluff. You do not need all that fancy equipment and computerized tests to...
All the psuedoscience that these trainers use to sell themselves is really just fluff. You do not need all that fancy equipment and computerized tests to get yourself in top level shape. I feel like trainers try to out-science eachother to prove their merit and like JT said, it still continues to be a revolving door with these guys.
Don't need it but it sure helps the process
elementmx
7/2/2014 10:48am
mxdude105 wrote:
All the psuedoscience that these trainers use to sell themselves is really just fluff. You do not need all that fancy equipment and computerized tests to...
what kind of 'psuedoscience' are you referring to? heart rate monitors? vo2 testing? blood sampling? these all have firm scientific bases. no you don't need them to get in great shape, but you'd be hard pressed to find an elite level ahtlete in any sport that doesn't utilize tools like those.

as for dungey, he said hes had a relationship with beams for a while, though never employing him as a full time trainer until last year. beams knows his stuff, and i think dunge definitely benefited from working with him, but ryans conditioning has never been in question. its his speed/aggression thats been just a tick of of the RV's, roczens, stew. thats where he really needed the help.
Ing
7/2/2014 1:24pm
All this talk about Dungeys 2nd rate speed has me puzzled. Didn't anyone watch the first moto last week. Had a lot larger lead on Roczen than KR did on him the 2nd moto. If RD would have won the 2nd instead of the first moto everyone would be talking about how is KR is going to catch Dungey.
IceMan446
7/2/2014 1:27pm
mxdude105 wrote:
When you are trying to gain millimeters, it helps.

Just look at KR last year to KR this year.
EddieC
7/2/2014 1:39pm
mxdude105 wrote:
You need to define psuedoscience. Otherwise you could say that there is no reason for teams to do any testing? No need to dyno a motor or test suspension. Just blindly build a race bike with what you think will work and fix what ever doesn't as you go. You have to have some form of measurement for the various components that are involved in riders ability to race. Mobility, Stability, Muscle Strength/Endurance, Cardiovascular. Having a deficiency/dysfunction in any of these components can have a negative effect on the rest. At the bare minimum a "trainer" should be able to test the rider using VALIDATED methods for each of these components and provide the rider with the appropriate information. Also a trainer should be CERTIFIED through an accredited program and should be able to show proof of LIABILITY INSURANCE.

Post a reply to: Beams Dungey

The Latest