Barcia's MEC

10/19/2014 2:07am Edited Date/Time 10/19/2014 2:09am
I thought that he looked OK everywhere bar the rhythm section (triple, triple, triple etc), he seemed to stuff it up there more than once.

It's early days though and you can never tell - lets all hope he can find that bit extra though as it'll make for an even better season next year. Looking on the bright side, if he wasn't feeling it or something was a little off then he was right not to push in what is ultimately a fairly meaningless race. Getting out of there healthy with the data gathered is more important at this point and will hopefully pay off more in the long run.
jock
Fantasy
1st
10/19/2014 2:20am
Maybe DD drained him, of energy that is.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
10/19/2014 2:59am
jock wrote:
Maybe DD drained him, of energy that is.
Hahaha, dammit!

10/19/2014 6:49am
A couple of good starts and a little rusty...unique track design and racing format....no points....My insider told me it was the seat foam.

The Shop

rcannon
10/19/2014 7:13am
Its funny to think of the math side of this. We have seven guys who are expected to finish in the top five, or the nights a loss..

10/19/2014 9:37am
Dart Board wrote:
Can we chalk that up more to injury recovery or to grass not always being greener on the other side? I think we've heard only positive...
Can we chalk that up more to injury recovery or to grass not always being greener on the other side?

I think we've heard only positive about this Barcia to JGR move but it seems like we've forgotten that the Yamaha still isn't the preferred bike of many pro riders. Justin Brayton has always been the exception.
I don't think it's the bike.
zippy895
10/19/2014 10:12am
looked like he was trying too hard and making silly mistakes.
im sure he will review the tapes and be ready for sx season.
but I seam to think the reason he went Yamaha is for the horsepower. because of the lackluster Honda holeshots. but he never pulled a holeshot all night.
Boarddesign
Fantasy
2069th
10/19/2014 10:32am
If you weren't on the very inside or inside with a good gate it wasn't going to happen. That start is a one off cheeseball deal, just wait until they get a stadium long or normal start gate, it will be different for all the guys who were "no shows". In the Pulp post race interviews there was talk about the lack of traction on the gate, put a jump and corner 60ft past that and you have last night.

I wouldn't read too much into last night. Trey did look good though and Davi.
rmartin517
10/19/2014 11:28am
I like Barcia and his style very impressive ride but, to much hype for him beig a championship contender. He will win a few races maybe. I don't see him being a threat.
kiwifan
10/19/2014 12:36pm
zippy895 wrote:
looked like he was trying too hard and making silly mistakes. im sure he will review the tapes and be ready for sx season. but I...
but I seam to think the reason he went Yamaha is for the horsepower. because of the lackluster Honda holeshots. but he never pulled a holeshot all night.
HP is only one factor of a holeshot, but if you want to believe it is the #1 thing then given Trey had 3 holeshots can we please put to bed that the 'lackluster' Factory Honda doesnt have the HP?

level
10/19/2014 12:57pm
He did not look good on the Yamaha at all.
zippy895
10/19/2014 1:05pm
zippy895 wrote:
looked like he was trying too hard and making silly mistakes. im sure he will review the tapes and be ready for sx season. but I...
kiwifan wrote:
HP is only one factor of a holeshot, but if you want to believe it is the #1 thing then given Trey had 3 holeshots can...
HP is only one factor of a holeshot, but if you want to believe it is the #1 thing then given Trey had 3 holeshots can we please put to bed that the 'lackluster' Factory Honda doesnt have the HP?

im talking about his move from Honda to Yamaha...he made comments about wanting to get good starts and horsepower .
and the constant bad Honda starts he was getting all season,i feel, in his head,yamaha horsepower would put him in the position to be up front.
10/19/2014 1:22pm
Outsider wrote:
Really don't understand the hype around this guy.. he just hasn't shown any consistency in the 450's
I agree. He absolutely made the Honda look like a bad bike, but with the exception of Barcia and Reed, most say the Honda'a are excellent.
Now he looks more in control , but slower on the yzf, alot slower..
But he will proly get better as he dials it in. I've ridden a new 14 yami 450 and didn't like it one bit.
II'll gladly race my slower, but better handling crf Anyday..
Camp332
10/19/2014 1:38pm
He was visibly uncomfortable committing to the 3-3-3 section
philG
10/19/2014 2:29pm
Outsider wrote:
Really don't understand the hype around this guy.. he just hasn't shown any consistency in the 450's
Motodave15 wrote:
we cant knock the guy too much... i mean hes been on the bike for like 4 weeks or so. But i whole heartdly understand where...
we cant knock the guy too much... i mean hes been on the bike for like 4 weeks or so.

But i whole heartdly understand where you're coming from.
I agree... i think that while he is a good rider , i dont see him being better on the Yamaha than the Honda.. i think he has peaked , and will have occasional results , but will struggle to do any better than Brayton long term.
zook11
10/19/2014 2:38pm
He just started riding a brand new bike a few weeks ago. Come A1 he will be on point.
zook11
10/19/2014 2:41pm
Anyone who doubts barcia's talent please watch 2013 Phoenix sx. NOBODY was on his level that day. Or even 2013 Seattle when he held off Rv the whole race.
FI2T
10/19/2014 2:44pm
I agree. He absolutely made the Honda look like a bad bike, but with the exception of Barcia and Reed, most say the Honda'a are excellent...
I agree. He absolutely made the Honda look like a bad bike, but with the exception of Barcia and Reed, most say the Honda'a are excellent.
Now he looks more in control , but slower on the yzf, alot slower..
But he will proly get better as he dials it in. I've ridden a new 14 yami 450 and didn't like it one bit.
II'll gladly race my slower, but better handling crf Anyday..
On tv it looked bad. He struggled with Rythm sections last yr on his Honda. He was as fast as anyone everywhere else. TV doesn't show how many guys struggled doing 3-3-3. The first two races that section was a whoop section for him. He did start to get it down in the third race after he tangled with Bagget... clicked off some dang good laps. He will be fast in sx.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
10/19/2014 2:53pm
He will be alright. He got his feet wet in race conditions and now has over two months to be ready for A1. He will be ready.
IWreckALot
10/19/2014 3:22pm
zook11 wrote:
Anyone who doubts barcia's talent please watch 2013 Phoenix sx. NOBODY was on his level that day. Or even 2013 Seattle when he held off Rv...
Anyone who doubts barcia's talent please watch 2013 Phoenix sx. NOBODY was on his level that day. Or even 2013 Seattle when he held off Rv the whole race.
I don't think anyone doubts his speed on any particular night. But I absolutely doubt his consistency for this season and future seasons.
kiwifan
10/19/2014 3:23pm
zippy895 wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
HP is only one factor of a holeshot, but if you want to believe it is the #1 thing then given Trey had 3 holeshots can...

zippy895 wrote:
im talking about his move from Honda to Yamaha...he made comments about wanting to get good starts and horsepower . and the constant bad Honda starts...
im talking about his move from Honda to Yamaha...he made comments about wanting to get good starts and horsepower .
and the constant bad Honda starts he was getting all season,i feel, in his head,yamaha horsepower would put him in the position to be up front.
Oh I see ...fair enough...
Kawaboy14
10/19/2014 3:28pm
They will have that triple triple section built for him tomorrow
zook11
10/19/2014 3:58pm
zook11 wrote:
Anyone who doubts barcia's talent please watch 2013 Phoenix sx. NOBODY was on his level that day. Or even 2013 Seattle when he held off Rv...
IWreckALot wrote:
I don't think anyone doubts his speed on any particular night. But I absolutely doubt his consistency for this season and future seasons.
That was his strong point in his 250 SX days was his consistency in 2011 he went all year going no worse than 2nd, and in 2012 he won I think the first 5 races then his worse finish that year was 3rd. I think he can figure it out on the 450 this coming SX season. Call me crazy but I think he has a great shot at winning it all in supercross.
Preston412
10/19/2014 3:58pm
Barcia's move to the Yamaha 450 was a bad decision for all the same reasons it was for Stewart to stay on it.
A fast rider can't make a bad bike design better but a bad bike design will make a fast rider slower.
IWreckALot
10/19/2014 4:53pm
zook11 wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
zook11 wrote:
That was his strong point in his 250 SX days was his consistency in 2011 he went all year going no worse than 2nd, and in...
That was his strong point in his 250 SX days was his consistency in 2011 he went all year going no worse than 2nd, and in 2012 he won I think the first 5 races then his worse finish that year was 3rd. I think he can figure it out on the 450 this coming SX season. Call me crazy but I think he has a great shot at winning it all in supercross.
Ha. I'll agree to call you crazy until he proves me wrong.

I can't really pinpoint where Barcia is struggling. I agree with that his block pass strategy holds him back some but I don't think that's the entire puzzle. They played the whole man vs. boy strength in 2013, then there wasn't much progression in 2014. Maybe the bike was just in his head.

And I agree that a one off race like this a season doesn't make. I'm curious to see what progress he makes between now and A1.
kiwifan
10/19/2014 5:54pm
IWreckALot wrote:
zook11 wrote:
That was his strong point in his 250 SX days was his consistency in 2011 he went all year going no worse than 2nd, and in...
IWreckALot wrote:
Ha. I'll agree to call you crazy until he proves me wrong. I can't really pinpoint where Barcia is struggling. I agree with that his block...
Ha. I'll agree to call you crazy until he proves me wrong.

I can't really pinpoint where Barcia is struggling. I agree with that his block pass strategy holds him back some but I don't think that's the entire puzzle. They played the whole man vs. boy strength in 2013, then there wasn't much progression in 2014. Maybe the bike was just in his head.

And I agree that a one off race like this a season doesn't make. I'm curious to see what progress he makes between now and A1.
yes, its going to be a very interesting season !!!!

Post a reply to: Barcia's MEC

The Latest