Barcia we expected to see?

MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1924th
Edited Date/Time 7/7/2015 3:51am
So at the beginning of SX many people expected Barcia to be a title favorite. We all know how that ended. Then beginning of MX he was good but not what we expected. So are we finally seeing the Barcia we expected to see?
|
JMR1976
7/4/2015 3:06pm
Today he was better then I expected. He is fun to watch for sure!
pete24
7/4/2015 3:18pm
i bet my buudy Barcia would win at least three SXs i lost , my buddy asked me after last week if i was ready to bet on my favorite rider again i didnt and i lost today, im just a loser, but glad to see the 51 and the blue bike where they belong
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
7/4/2015 3:24pm
Obviously this is what we expected and what he is getting paid for.

Barcia is building up his confidence and body from injuries and a bike change. Glad to see he is doing well again.

The Shop

Steve125
Fantasy
2779th
7/4/2015 3:32pm
I've been hoping for this since his fill in 450 year on the Honda. To see him do it on a Yamaha after the drought they've had is even more special. Very happy for him and JGR... Keep on rollin JB!
wildbill
7/4/2015 4:08pm
Injuries are a troublesome companion of moto (no matter what level), and, an ofttimes long haul back to full speed.

imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
7/4/2015 4:12pm
Barcia's back IMO. He will keep doing good now
7/4/2015 4:23pm
This is the Barcia I expected since he stepped up to the 450 full time. He had some really good 450 fill in rides when he was still a 250 guy. I think that set the expectations high.
stangkag
7/4/2015 9:35pm
At his home track I witnessed him do some crazy shit abroad his CRF450R and thought he would set the world on fire when he moved up to 450's full time. Been kind of confused as to the lack of success HE and us fans have wanted for him this year is SX and early in MX but, so happy to see it coming around now and glad he is healthy again, dude is a warrior and training like a machine these days! Wishing him lots of future success, he is a very exciting rider to watch that isn't afraid to get wild.
kiwifan
7/4/2015 9:55pm
Ramrod wrote:
Obviously this is what we expected and what he is getting paid for. Barcia is building up his confidence and body from injuries and a bike...
Obviously this is what we expected and what he is getting paid for.

Barcia is building up his confidence and body from injuries and a bike change. Glad to see he is doing well again.
he is getting paid to have a terrible SX season and a terrible start to the MX season?
kiwifan
7/4/2015 9:56pm
Steve125 wrote:
I've been hoping for this since his fill in 450 year on the Honda. To see him do it on a Yamaha after the drought they've...
I've been hoping for this since his fill in 450 year on the Honda. To see him do it on a Yamaha after the drought they've had is even more special. Very happy for him and JGR... Keep on rollin JB!
he did win some races when racing for Honda, so this isnt like a total surprise that everyone is making out...right? Anyone would of thought he never won a race until now....
Jspazz
7/4/2015 9:57pm

My first SX I watched in 15 years was a few years ago live in Toronto, Roczen got bam bammed and after that it was ridiculous how Barcia simply blew the field away. I was hooked to watching MX/SX and watching him and Stewart played a big part.

Last year, after 15 years of paved tracks, I added a 2012 KTM450 to my fleet and joined a local MX racing club near my work.

Just giving some insight as to what brings people to MX. It's been a hot topic. Watching the Stewarts and Barcia drew me in. So glad that at least one of them has come back.
brimx153
7/4/2015 10:09pm
this is better than the barica i expected to see. last wk i was nt surprised at all .he flys in the mud and sand. butt today that was stright up bad ass . i ve always thought of him a better SX rider . but today i am very very impressed .as for other people saying he did this on a honda is bullshit . in 250 days he went great at unadilla and southwich too ,same as 450 . but in all honesty he was never near what he was today outdoors
kiwifan
7/4/2015 10:25pm
brimx153 wrote:
this is better than the barica i expected to see. last wk i was nt surprised at all .he flys in the mud and sand. butt...
this is better than the barica i expected to see. last wk i was nt surprised at all .he flys in the mud and sand. butt today that was stright up bad ass . i ve always thought of him a better SX rider . but today i am very very impressed .as for other people saying he did this on a honda is bullshit . in 250 days he went great at unadilla and southwich too ,same as 450 . but in all honesty he was never near what he was today outdoors
No one in this thread has said he was as fast today as he was on his Honda, but he DID win on his Honda, so him winning today SHOULD be no surprise, fact is he has seriously under-delivered on the Yammy until now.
brimx153
7/4/2015 11:10pm
brimx153 wrote:
this is better than the barica i expected to see. last wk i was nt surprised at all .he flys in the mud and sand. butt...
kiwifan wrote:
No one in this thread has said he was as fast today as he was on his Honda, but he DID win on his Honda, so...
No one in this thread has said he was as fast today as he was on his Honda, but he DID win on his Honda, so him winning today SHOULD be no surprise, fact is he has seriously under-delivered on the Yammy until now.
he won one race in the sandy rain on a honda ,(with dungey lapping nearly 2 seconds a lap faster than him that day too ,coming from nearly a lap down) . this was far far far more impressive than that. imo barica has always been better at SX . bar a couple of tracks outdoors . go look at his results . how many times has he bet dungey or roczen outdoors ( feck all) do i think barica will ever win a 450 title outdoors .hell no !!!!! but winning 2 overall s this year ,is way more than id thought he d do to
stangkag
7/4/2015 11:19pm
brimx153 wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
No one in this thread has said he was as fast today as he was on his Honda, but he DID win on his Honda, so...
brimx153 wrote:
he won one race in the sandy rain on a honda ,(with dungey lapping nearly 2 seconds a lap faster than him that day too ,coming...
he won one race in the sandy rain on a honda ,(with dungey lapping nearly 2 seconds a lap faster than him that day too ,coming from nearly a lap down) . this was far far far more impressive than that. imo barica has always been better at SX . bar a couple of tracks outdoors . go look at his results . how many times has he bet dungey or roczen outdoors ( feck all) do i think barica will ever win a 450 title outdoors .hell no !!!!! but winning 2 overall s this year ,is way more than id thought he d do to
Barcia will win a 450 title. IMO of course... I hope I can come back to this post some day and make you eat your words!
jeffro503
7/4/2015 11:26pm
I've just never really been a big fan of Barcia because of the shit head moves he's done on track with other riders. But I gotta say , I'm kind of digging him a little bit right now. It's not that he's riding faster , it's that he seems to be having fun again and it shows in his interviews. And oh man is he fun to watch. Dude rides with a lot of heart and pushes that bike to the extreme limit. Had a few close calls today and just kept it pinned. Very cool to see.
brimx153
7/4/2015 11:32pm
kiwifan wrote:
brimx153 wrote:
he won one race in the sandy rain on a honda ,(with dungey lapping nearly 2 seconds a lap faster than him that day too ,coming...
stangkag wrote:
Barcia will win a 450 title. IMO of course... I hope I can come back to this post some day and make you eat your words!
dont get me wrong i really like barica . and i d be happy to eat my words . i think he has a good chance of winning a SX450 title some time .but i really dont think he has a chance in hell of an outdoors (even after how great he rode today )
brimx153
7/4/2015 11:39pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I've just never really been a big fan of Barcia because of the shit head moves he's done on track with other riders. But I gotta...
I've just never really been a big fan of Barcia because of the shit head moves he's done on track with other riders. But I gotta say , I'm kind of digging him a little bit right now. It's not that he's riding faster , it's that he seems to be having fun again and it shows in his interviews. And oh man is he fun to watch. Dude rides with a lot of heart and pushes that bike to the extreme limit. Had a few close calls today and just kept it pinned. Very cool to see.
i feel the same . i ve went from loving the guy when he started to hating him for a few year s because of the shit head moves .but this year i starting to really like him again . and have major respect for him the way he is riding now after all the crap and pressure he has been under ,which i thought was so unfair
kiwifan
7/5/2015 12:15am
jeffro503 wrote:
I've just never really been a big fan of Barcia because of the shit head moves he's done on track with other riders. But I gotta...
brimx153 wrote:
i feel the same . i ve went from loving the guy when he started to hating him for a few year s because of the...
i feel the same . i ve went from loving the guy when he started to hating him for a few year s because of the shit head moves .but this year i starting to really like him again . and have major respect for him the way he is riding now after all the crap and pressure he has been under ,which i thought was so unfair
I agree with him being under a ton of pressure, but he should be...why? because he is the top rider at JGR, they paid a lot for him so they expected more than what he has delivered prior to the last 3 weeks. And everyone said it was the Honda holding him back but the results since he left have not backed up that idea, he was under pressure to prove moving to Yamaha meant he would be faster. So you can understand him being under a lot of pressure with that in mind.
mehow2g
7/5/2015 1:01am
Probably building up to career best form, its the best hes done on a 450.
ocscottie
7/5/2015 1:08am
How about the freakin horsepower those JGR bikes are putting out? Seems all three of their riders were at the front of the pack every gate drop.
kiwifan
7/5/2015 1:24am
ocscottie wrote:
How about the freakin horsepower those JGR bikes are putting out? Seems all three of their riders were at the front of the pack every gate...
How about the freakin horsepower those JGR bikes are putting out? Seems all three of their riders were at the front of the pack every gate drop.
They werent at the start of the MX season, was a ET/RD start show.
7/5/2015 6:42am
i was a little worried that he had made the wrong decision with the yam, but im glad to see him making progress. last week will have helped no end, carry it through all season now!!!
shuggs
7/5/2015 7:53am
Glad it's not just me that does not have him as a favourite, some of the shit that he has done the past few years was just plain stupid.

But I always hope that 'the top guys' are fit so we can get decent racing and hate to see wasted potential
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1924th
7/5/2015 8:22am
ocscottie wrote:
How about the freakin horsepower those JGR bikes are putting out? Seems all three of their riders were at the front of the pack every gate...
Dude there so freaking fast haha
watson
7/5/2015 8:43am
Barcia's making a good case for MX3 in this year's MXdN. He's really stepping it up!
Sully22
7/5/2015 8:51am Edited Date/Time 7/5/2015 9:10am
not a barcia fan at all, for reason others have discussed in the thread, but the guy hauls the mail and has some serious confidence right now, confidence is dangerous for the competition and a massive motivator in this sport. I believe during one of the more recent pulp casts they said he's one of the top 3 paid guys in the sport, top 5 for sure, so you can guess he's at or close to a million a year....that being said, he should have been riding like this all year. I'm sure the JGR guys are relieved and stoked, but I'm also sure they've been not so patiently waiting awhile for this...
Drfletcher
7/5/2015 9:04am
Its nice to see some really good racing. I think this weekend was the best racing I've seen in a long time. It was especially awesome to see Dungey hanging it all out to try to catch him.

Post a reply to: Barcia we expected to see?

The Latest