Barcia fined 5K

WhKnuckle
4/2/2012 6:48am
Sneaker421 wrote:
Anybody got any video of this?
Anybody got any video of this?
WhKnuckle wrote:
I don't think he roosted them per se - he pulled over, barked at Vincent, Doc B was standing between the two, and then he spun...
I don't think he roosted them per se - he pulled over, barked at Vincent, Doc B was standing between the two, and then he spun the bike around and rode off toward the podium. I'm sure he threw some dirt spinning the bike around but I doubt much, if any, dirt hit either Bodner or Vincent. It was stupid and childish but probably not actually dangerous.
txmxer wrote:
Sam, he did a donut and sprayed both quite a bit. I'm still kicking myself for not turning on the camera.
OK. We were on the opposite side of the stadium, at the end of the first whoop section. I couldn't see it too well because they were on the back side of a berm, I just saw him spin the bike around. I was really surprised when he roosted Roczen, but Roczen and Baggett were laughing and waving about that. The Vincent thing was much worse, obviously, but he didn't do a big burnout or anything like that so I assumed they didn't get much dirt coming their way. I still think the fine should have been higher - at least 10K - but I'm also still of the opinion that docking him points or DQing him from the race would be pretty extreme.
jbomx363
4/2/2012 6:55am
Vincents fault for the crash.

Barcia deserved the fine. He apologized on TV at least. Hope he went and apologized in person to Vincent, but who knows.

It's Over.
chrisbuehler
4/2/2012 7:14am
Buehler....Buehler.....Buehler........go back to bed, your brain is absent........lol......Barcia is killing these Lites guys at SX and will do the same outdoors. By the way, Supercross is...
Buehler....Buehler.....Buehler........go back to bed, your brain is absent........lol......Barcia is killing these Lites guys at SX and will do the same outdoors. By the way, Supercross is where it counts as far as purse money is concerned......You have no idea the work he has put in during the offseason.....He is ready for outdoors.
HAHA! I hope he does well outdoors this being his last chance for a lites title. Last year it seemed like if he didnt get the start he couldnt go to the front.We have obviously seen his ability to holeshot and sprint but it's gonna be what he does in those other motos that determines his title hopes. I will be honest he has grown on me a little this season, I'm kind of a closet Barcia fan dont tell anyone LOL. With a stacked class like this years, the winner of the outdoor title is gonna be someone special. I got to give the edge to K-Roc for now though. i would love to see Barcia move up to 450's and punt RV's ginger ass into the cheapseats by the way
MT MX
4/2/2012 7:19am
Does anyone have a video of all the shinanagans that Barcia supposedly was up to in Houston. Forgot to DVR the race.

The Shop

4/2/2012 7:26am
Buehler....Buehler.....Buehler........go back to bed, your brain is absent........lol......Barcia is killing these Lites guys at SX and will do the same outdoors. By the way, Supercross is...
Buehler....Buehler.....Buehler........go back to bed, your brain is absent........lol......Barcia is killing these Lites guys at SX and will do the same outdoors. By the way, Supercross is where it counts as far as purse money is concerned......You have no idea the work he has put in during the offseason.....He is ready for outdoors.
HAHA! I hope he does well outdoors this being his last chance for a lites title. Last year it seemed like if he didnt get the...
HAHA! I hope he does well outdoors this being his last chance for a lites title. Last year it seemed like if he didnt get the start he couldnt go to the front.We have obviously seen his ability to holeshot and sprint but it's gonna be what he does in those other motos that determines his title hopes. I will be honest he has grown on me a little this season, I'm kind of a closet Barcia fan dont tell anyone LOL. With a stacked class like this years, the winner of the outdoor title is gonna be someone special. I got to give the edge to K-Roc for now though. i would love to see Barcia move up to 450's and punt RV's ginger ass into the cheapseats by the way
10-4 Chris...........would love to see somebody give RV2 a run.......I can tell you its going to be a new Barcia for outdoors. He took it very serious this season from a (get in shape) standpoint. KRoc is suppose to be the man outdoors.....we will see I guess.......I dont think anybody has the killer instinct more than Justin though............later!
Sandberm
4/2/2012 7:40am
I'm sure Barcia is more embarrised then anything. You could tell Bagget and Roczen were laughing at him after the podium pics were taken. New Orleans should be fun. Those guys can smell emotional blood in the water and it probably wont take much to rattle Barcia.

It looked to me like Vincent crossed-rutted a wee bit which shot him left into Barcia. Vincent should have backed off and let Barcia past.
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
4/2/2012 8:14am
NoGo wrote:
Vincent held his line barcia cross jump . In both of the lites shoot outs barcias been in he only became less of a factor to...
Vincent held his line barcia cross jump . In both of the lites shoot outs barcias been in he only became less of a factor to win.
You might want to watch the race again if you think Vincent held his line. Then you might want to channel your anger to the track designers because Barcia took this same line all night, along with every other rider on the track. Vincent landed on the right side of the track on the triple and cut back left to take the outside line in the next corner. It's fucking obvious dude. Vincent did not hold his line and Barcia was simply taking the racing line. Watch the other riders take this line and take off your Barcia hate-colored glasses.

But your Barcia hate is strong - I am sure you are seeing what you want to see, not what actually happened.
chrisbuehler
4/2/2012 8:16am
10-4 Chris...........would love to see somebody give RV2 a run.......I can tell you its going to be a new Barcia for outdoors. He took it very...
10-4 Chris...........would love to see somebody give RV2 a run.......I can tell you its going to be a new Barcia for outdoors. He took it very serious this season from a (get in shape) standpoint. KRoc is suppose to be the man outdoors.....we will see I guess.......I dont think anybody has the killer instinct more than Justin though............later!
I feel like Justin has something special going on indoors and just might be the man to step to RV. I'm a huge Dungey fan and while I know he can match Villo outdoors, I have yet to see him show the same sx speed RV has.
NoGo
4/2/2012 9:39am
disbanded wrote:
You might want to watch the race again if you think Vincent held his line. Then you might want to channel your anger to the track...
You might want to watch the race again if you think Vincent held his line. Then you might want to channel your anger to the track designers because Barcia took this same line all night, along with every other rider on the track. Vincent landed on the right side of the track on the triple and cut back left to take the outside line in the next corner. It's fucking obvious dude. Vincent did not hold his line and Barcia was simply taking the racing line. Watch the other riders take this line and take off your Barcia hate-colored glasses.

But your Barcia hate is strong - I am sure you are seeing what you want to see, not what actually happened.
I have no anger. I just find the whole thing laughable.

Saying barcia rode the same line every lap is pointless. He had a healthy lead and was right next to Vincent going into that corner. He clearly went from left to right mid air. Vincent could have ran into him like he did or go out of his way to avoid from hitting him. This isn't barcia first race he should know better than to assume a lapper will get out of his way. Moving through lapped traffic is just as much a part of the race as the start. He didn't do it right and it cost him, albeit not that much seeing as he still has over a race lead on second place in points. And his throwing a tantrum about it -in tears from directly after the race and still on the verge of tears back at the semi while at the same time half ass apologizing and trying to laugh it off like its nothing, yet everyone says he's soo mature this year.

He's fast indoors and I recognize that completely but that has never been the case outdoors. The only outdoor success he ever has is at unadilla and southwick. Other than those tracks he spends most motos on the ground and unable to move through the pack. He did well in his stint on the 450 but he was the best of the rest and with chad sore after millville a distant 3rd place other than the mud Moto win at southwick which like I said is 1 of 2 tracks hes always good at outdoors.

I really don't care that he rooster roczen thats not an issue at all but what he did to Vincent and the medic crew is wrong and if you can't recognize that then there's no point in arguing with you.
4/2/2012 10:12am
WhKnuckle wrote:
I don't think he roosted them per se - he pulled over, barked at Vincent, Doc B was standing between the two, and then he spun...
I don't think he roosted them per se - he pulled over, barked at Vincent, Doc B was standing between the two, and then he spun the bike around and rode off toward the podium. I'm sure he threw some dirt spinning the bike around but I doubt much, if any, dirt hit either Bodner or Vincent. It was stupid and childish but probably not actually dangerous.
http://motocross.transworld.net/1000126921/news/how-was-your-weekend-ho…;

In the video he admitted himself that he roosted the medic crew guys and Vincent (actually he's laughing a bit about it ...) ... I think he should be suspended for a race.
4/2/2012 10:20am
He got fined for roosting the Astrik medical crew more so than poor sportsmanship with yelling at Vincent while he was down.

Roosting the medic crew on purpose should have resulted in an automatic disqualification or being barred from racing at least the next round... those guys were out there totally unprotected and trying to attend to a downed rider. $5K is a slap on the wrist for a stupid and dangerous move.
TeamGreen
4/2/2012 10:42am
WhKnuckle wrote:
txmxer wrote:
Sam, he did a donut and sprayed both quite a bit. I'm still kicking myself for not turning on the camera.
WhKnuckle wrote:
OK. We were on the opposite side of the stadium, at the end of the first whoop section. I couldn't see it too well because they...
OK. We were on the opposite side of the stadium, at the end of the first whoop section. I couldn't see it too well because they were on the back side of a berm, I just saw him spin the bike around. I was really surprised when he roosted Roczen, but Roczen and Baggett were laughing and waving about that. The Vincent thing was much worse, obviously, but he didn't do a big burnout or anything like that so I assumed they didn't get much dirt coming their way. I still think the fine should have been higher - at least 10K - but I'm also still of the opinion that docking him points or DQing him from the race would be pretty extreme.
After reading your inputs on this I have a coupl'a Q's...

How important is rider conduct in regards to this incident: Especially interfering with/Obstructing the Med-Crew...specifically Doc B...WTF is that about?!

How much DISCIPLINE should we enforce upon these guys, namely Top Level Pro's when they step Way the Fk outta Line?

Do you or Don't you support the idea, indeed even the Contractual OBLIGATION..., that their CONDUCT matters?

Why do I put it to you, directly...?

That's simple: You seem to give a shit and you've given it some rational thought...

Me? Sure, saying your sorry accounts for a little bit of remorse; however, what...historically...can we look at and utilize to make this a finite and "corrective action" on behalf of the AMA? Remember, this some history here and he's shot his mouth off about this kinda shit (Bercy).

As discussed-else-where...He didn't even get his "Podium" pay amount in that fine...he's proll'y lookin' at around $10-25K for the nite...

Also, REMOVING points for fkng w/ the Medical Crew while they're attending a FALLEN RIDER is NEVER, EVER too severe when take a look at what you are truly discussing.

Also, I'd like to see some "Action" taken by the Team like you often see in other forms of Motorsports...

In the End: We are watching a young-man grow up and learn about accountability. I, personally, don't think he's a "Bad-Guy" or that he's "Gone Off the Reservation"; but, this is a pretty unsafe and dangerous conduct when you get down to the real issue(s).
kardy
4/2/2012 10:53am
NoGo wrote:
Vincent held his line barcia cross jump . In both of the lites shoot outs barcias been in he only became less of a factor to...
Vincent held his line barcia cross jump . In both of the lites shoot outs barcias been in he only became less of a factor to win.
disbanded wrote:
You might want to watch the race again if you think Vincent held his line. Then you might want to channel your anger to the track...

Ya hit the nail on the head with that response. Clearly was Vincent's fault, although that obviously doesn't justify Barcia's actions.
txmxer
4/2/2012 10:59am
disbanded wrote:

Watching it live, I thought JB just crossed into Vincent from my viewpoint. Watching the broadcast, I agree JB followed his race line and I think there was another lapper on the outside...so he went where he had to go. He had slowed up a lot due to last lap with a big lead and getting sandwiched among lappers.

Watching Vincent's lines, I agree that the track layout basically left Vincent with one of two choices...dead stop or cut to the outside. Should have stopped, but hindsight is 20/20.

I also think that JB was sincere in his apology. But a sincere apology is not enough. They fined him $5k. I think he should be on probation at least until the end of 2012 and any new incidents like this = DQ or suspension.
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
4/2/2012 11:01am
NoGo wrote:
I have no anger. I just find the whole thing laughable. Saying barcia rode the same line every lap is pointless. He had a healthy lead...
I have no anger. I just find the whole thing laughable.

Saying barcia rode the same line every lap is pointless. He had a healthy lead and was right next to Vincent going into that corner. He clearly went from left to right mid air. Vincent could have ran into him like he did or go out of his way to avoid from hitting him. This isn't barcia first race he should know better than to assume a lapper will get out of his way. Moving through lapped traffic is just as much a part of the race as the start. He didn't do it right and it cost him, albeit not that much seeing as he still has over a race lead on second place in points. And his throwing a tantrum about it -in tears from directly after the race and still on the verge of tears back at the semi while at the same time half ass apologizing and trying to laugh it off like its nothing, yet everyone says he's soo mature this year.

He's fast indoors and I recognize that completely but that has never been the case outdoors. The only outdoor success he ever has is at unadilla and southwick. Other than those tracks he spends most motos on the ground and unable to move through the pack. He did well in his stint on the 450 but he was the best of the rest and with chad sore after millville a distant 3rd place other than the mud Moto win at southwick which like I said is 1 of 2 tracks hes always good at outdoors.

I really don't care that he rooster roczen thats not an issue at all but what he did to Vincent and the medic crew is wrong and if you can't recognize that then there's no point in arguing with you.
I do have an issue with him roosting the medic crew, that is not what I was talking about, but I was taking issue with the fact that you said Vincent held his line, which is not true. And I am not saying that Barcia didn't cut across the track either, because he did, but he was simply taking the fast racing line that everybody took the whole night. Why is it wrong when Barcia does it, but not when everybody else does it?
4/2/2012 11:15am
A LAPPED rider, remember I was there and saw it unfold right in front of me not to mention i have watched it many times now on the TV in super slow mo, the Lapped rider is at fault Period he had received the blue flag thru 4 corners with Barcia right behind him and he did not let him pass. and as far as Bagget and Roxen laughing we'll see who's laughing when Barcia Goes Back to Back. .And again I'll say it Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser!!!
NoGo
4/2/2012 11:28am
A LAPPED rider, remember I was there and saw it unfold right in front of me not to mention i have watched it many times now...
A LAPPED rider, remember I was there and saw it unfold right in front of me not to mention i have watched it many times now on the TV in super slow mo, the Lapped rider is at fault Period he had received the blue flag thru 4 corners with Barcia right behind him and he did not let him pass. and as far as Bagget and Roxen laughing we'll see who's laughing when Barcia Goes Back to Back. .And again I'll say it Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser!!!
Don't get me wrong his regional titles are for sure something to be proud of . But a national title is a lot bigger and better than an 8 round series with half of the competition. So barcia will be laughing right up until hangtown where he'll spend his 4th straight outdoor season out of centention for wins or the title. Guaranteed baggett will have barcias number outdoors. I don't know about roczen for sure.
peelout
4/2/2012 12:14pm
A LAPPED rider, remember I was there and saw it unfold right in front of me not to mention i have watched it many times now...
NoGo wrote:
Don't get me wrong his regional titles are for sure something to be proud of . But a national title is a lot bigger and better...
Don't get me wrong his regional titles are for sure something to be proud of . But a national title is a lot bigger and better than an 8 round series with half of the competition. So barcia will be laughing right up until hangtown where he'll spend his 4th straight outdoor season out of centention for wins or the title. Guaranteed baggett will have barcias number outdoors. I don't know about roczen for sure.
this post alone spells out your agenda regarding Barcia.

guess we can only wait and see what happens.

i think he'll jump onto a 450, but again, just speculation
MT MX
4/2/2012 12:22pm
peelout wrote:
this post alone spells out your agenda regarding Barcia. guess we can only wait and see what happens. i think he'll jump onto a 450, but...
this post alone spells out your agenda regarding Barcia.

guess we can only wait and see what happens.

i think he'll jump onto a 450, but again, just speculation
I've thought the same thing about him being on the 450, but with this whole 'Roger already talking to him about des Nations', I don't know what to think now. This bench racing is HARD work.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
975th
4/2/2012 12:22pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
http://motocross.transworld.net/1000126921/news/how-was-your-weekend-houston-sx-2012/ In the video he admitted himself that he roosted the medic crew guys and Vincent (actually he's laughing a bit about it ...) ... I...
http://motocross.transworld.net/1000126921/news/how-was-your-weekend-ho…;

In the video he admitted himself that he roosted the medic crew guys and Vincent (actually he's laughing a bit about it ...) ... I think he should be suspended for a race.
barcia is crying throughout that video, I dont think he is laughing about doing it
WhKnuckle
4/2/2012 12:23pm Edited Date/Time 4/2/2012 12:27pm
txmxer wrote:
WhKnuckle wrote:
OK. We were on the opposite side of the stadium, at the end of the first whoop section. I couldn't see it too well because they...
TeamGreen wrote:
After reading your inputs on this I have a coupl'a Q's... How important is rider conduct in regards to this incident: Especially interfering with/Obstructing the Med-Crew...specifically...
After reading your inputs on this I have a coupl'a Q's...

How important is rider conduct in regards to this incident: Especially interfering with/Obstructing the Med-Crew...specifically Doc B...WTF is that about?!

How much DISCIPLINE should we enforce upon these guys, namely Top Level Pro's when they step Way the Fk outta Line?

Do you or Don't you support the idea, indeed even the Contractual OBLIGATION..., that their CONDUCT matters?

Why do I put it to you, directly...?

That's simple: You seem to give a shit and you've given it some rational thought...

Me? Sure, saying your sorry accounts for a little bit of remorse; however, what...historically...can we look at and utilize to make this a finite and "corrective action" on behalf of the AMA? Remember, this some history here and he's shot his mouth off about this kinda shit (Bercy).

As discussed-else-where...He didn't even get his "Podium" pay amount in that fine...he's proll'y lookin' at around $10-25K for the nite...

Also, REMOVING points for fkng w/ the Medical Crew while they're attending a FALLEN RIDER is NEVER, EVER too severe when take a look at what you are truly discussing.

Also, I'd like to see some "Action" taken by the Team like you often see in other forms of Motorsports...

In the End: We are watching a young-man grow up and learn about accountability. I, personally, don't think he's a "Bad-Guy" or that he's "Gone Off the Reservation"; but, this is a pretty unsafe and dangerous conduct when you get down to the real issue(s).
It's probably time to just let this die, but since you really want a sincere reply, here's my thoughts: As a general policy, I think you use points penalties to punish conduct that gives one rider a competitive advantage or intentionally injures another rider (which also indirectly gives a competitive advantage). DQing someone is a competitive penalty - a cash fine is a personal penalty. I remember Duke Finch talking to Langston and Brown in '01 and telling them that if either of them took the other one out, they were going to get DQ'ed, and I think that's the kind of situation where you apply a points or compeitive penalty. There are times when riders may do something so onerous that they should be suspended for a race or whatever - for example, if a rider got drunk in the pits the night before a race and rolled a rental car. In a case like that, he put other people's lives at imminent risk. Or if a rider showed evidence of drug use that is likely to impair his ability to race safely, that's a DQ type of situation IMO. In this case, you had a big emotional meltdown that tarnishes the sport at least and was really, really offensive, but it certainly didn't provide any competitive advantage and didn't really cause any kind of imminent danger to anyone.

Having said that, if it was my call, the fine would be more like $10K, and I'd be inclined to give the money to Vincent.

But at the end of the day, reasonable people can agree to disagree.
jbomx363
4/2/2012 12:33pm
Give the money to Vincent?

The penalty was for roosting Asterisk and that's where any fines should go.
SteveS
4/2/2012 12:35pm
Perhaps the fines have to be in line with the purse, so $5000 is actually a very large fine.
mx_579
4/2/2012 1:00pm
SteveS wrote:
Perhaps the fines have to be in line with the purse, so $5000 is actually a very large fine.
Perhaps it should be in line with his income so 5k is a drop in the bucket. Seems like a fair fine to me for a first offense in AMA racing. The next should be quite a bit more substantial.
peelout
4/2/2012 1:03pm
SteveS wrote:
mx_579 wrote:
Perhaps it should be in line with his income so 5k is a drop in the bucket. Seems like a fair fine to me for a...
Perhaps it should be in line with his income so 5k is a drop in the bucket. Seems like a fair fine to me for a first offense in AMA racing. The next should be quite a bit more substantial.
the penalties are a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

what if it were Vincent roosting the medics? what should the penalty be? his income is probably a couple hundred for each main he makes. oops, there goes 5k because of a silly mistake. or by your reasoning, he would have been fined 5 dollars...

i'm by no means saying what Barcia did by roosting the medics was ok. it was childish and that shit shouldn't fly. but the same penalty for everyone isn't always possible.
mx_579
4/2/2012 1:33pm
peelout wrote:
the penalties are a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. what if it were Vincent roosting the medics? what should the penalty be...
the penalties are a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

what if it were Vincent roosting the medics? what should the penalty be? his income is probably a couple hundred for each main he makes. oops, there goes 5k because of a silly mistake. or by your reasoning, he would have been fined 5 dollars...

i'm by no means saying what Barcia did by roosting the medics was ok. it was childish and that shit shouldn't fly. but the same penalty for everyone isn't always possible.
Exactly, and even a points or dq penalty wouldn't be even in either situation. Take 25 from Barcia and he's barely leading a series he just about had wrapped up. Take 25 from Vincent and it doesn't make a bit of difference as far as I know.
4/2/2012 3:22pm
You mean he got roosted well thats just unheard of at motocross race. What are these races coming to? we certainly wouldn't want anyone getting dirty out there.
elsinore
4/2/2012 4:10pm
Well said. The level of pussification in this place is worse than a bunch of old ladies at the hair dressersBlink
No gos hate for Bam Bam is evident in his posts. Vincent caused the incident, and didn't appear like he was on his death bed in the pics GuyB posted. He was wrong to roost the Doc, but he was pissed...got caught up in the moment, and he apologized and was punished. I would love to see Bam Bam lay wood to the Nationals and really add to the tears and bitching of this mob...especially Bagget and Roczen.
jamma10
4/2/2012 4:14pm Edited Date/Time 4/2/2012 4:14pm
elsinore wrote:
Well said. The level of pussification in this place is worse than a bunch of old ladies at the hair dressers:blink: No gos hate for Bam...
Well said. The level of pussification in this place is worse than a bunch of old ladies at the hair dressersBlink
No gos hate for Bam Bam is evident in his posts. Vincent caused the incident, and didn't appear like he was on his death bed in the pics GuyB posted. He was wrong to roost the Doc, but he was pissed...got caught up in the moment, and he apologized and was punished. I would love to see Bam Bam lay wood to the Nationals and really add to the tears and bitching of this mob...especially Bagget and Roczen.
What have Bagget & Roczen got to do with it?

They were simply discussing a 20 year old man behaving like a four year old child having a temper tantrum. Anyone would find that a little odd.

Post a reply to: Barcia fined 5K

The Latest