Barcia RDL Interview

Kawi15
Edited Date/Time 4/29/2017 12:35pm
I just want to say I liked to hear the honest interview from Justin Barcia on RDL. I just wanted to comment about it since I picked on him earlier in the year for his interviews. I would like to see some good results from him these last 2 rounds as well as into the outdoors.
|
Shenzi
Fantasy
1276th
4/29/2017 10:37am
He's up for grab. Contract year.
cali11
4/29/2017 10:52am
Dude better be on the box a lot this summer!
motomx88
4/29/2017 10:56am
I was standing behind them during the interview. What was said?

I thought this was kinda funny btw.

The Shop

MX-LIFE.
4/29/2017 11:09am Edited Date/Time 4/29/2017 11:29am
Interesting how much during the segment of race day live with McGrath when he /they talked about the passing of the torch with RC coming up and beating him they didn't mention how JS7 beat him to! Yes i know it didn't happen till after MC retired and came back and raced but hey never the less RC and JS7 still beat him! I respect McGrath's accomplished record but the sport has progressed so much since he last won a Race and with the competition today that 7 championship titles will never happen again! MC would not have been able to do that in this decade! I Do believe that if JS7 had made a few different career decisions he could have surpassed that 72 SX wins..
cali11
4/29/2017 11:20am
MX-LIFE. wrote:
Interesting how much during the segment of race day live with McGrath when he /they talked about the passing of the torch with RC coming up...
Interesting how much during the segment of race day live with McGrath when he /they talked about the passing of the torch with RC coming up and beating him they didn't mention how JS7 beat him to! Yes i know it didn't happen till after MC retired and came back and raced but hey never the less RC and JS7 still beat him! I respect McGrath's accomplished record but the sport has progressed so much since he last won a Race and with the competition today that 7 championship titles will never happen again! MC would not have been able to do that in this decade! I Do believe that if JS7 had made a few different career decisions he could have surpassed that 72 SX wins..
I agree. How many races did JS7 throw away? I think atleast 20.
4/29/2017 11:30am
I didn't see the interview but I would expect Barcia to take an even bigger pay cut this year if he continues what he's doing. The way he's raced and acted can't see why any team would want anything to do with him.
MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
4/29/2017 11:32am
motomx88 wrote:
I was standing behind them during the interview. What was said? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/04/29/191333/s1200_20170429_101146.jpg[/img] I thought this was kinda funny btw.
I was standing behind them during the interview. What was said?

I thought this was kinda funny btw.
oh wow Grinning thats actually hilarious. TV doesn't even think twice about that shit though.
Casting
4/29/2017 12:32pm
Did anyone else catch Jim Holley's comment near the end of the show about how he "likes being at eye level" with Blair?

Really makes that picture a whole lot funnier.
daemon616
4/29/2017 12:35pm
Casting wrote:
Did anyone else catch Jim Holley's comment near the end of the show about how he "likes being at eye level" with Blair? Really makes that...
Did anyone else catch Jim Holley's comment near the end of the show about how he "likes being at eye level" with Blair?

Really makes that picture a whole lot funnier.
Holley is a national treasure!
KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
4/29/2017 12:55pm
MX-LIFE. wrote:
Interesting how much during the segment of race day live with McGrath when he /they talked about the passing of the torch with RC coming up...
RC dethroned Jeremy straight up in 2001. James wasn't even a pro at that point so has no bearing in the dethroning of MC, and was unable to fully take the reigns from RC until RC went half season in 07.

When MC came back in 2005 and 2006 for fun he was 12/13 years removed from his first Supercross season, James should have beat him.

If Jeremy didn't leave Honda in 97, who knows if he would have continued for as long as he did? He might have been done after the 2 year deal he didn't sign to race for Honda in 97/98 on a bike he disliked. If he would have won, there would be nothing left to prove, he already had all the records, if he would have lost then he might not have had the motivation to keep going with Honda. When he lost the title in 97 on the Suzuki, he knew it wasn't him that lost the SX title, he was rejuvenated with a new goal to come back out and dominate in 98 on the Yamaha. Sometimes the new challenge of switching manufacturers helps these guys stay motivated to re-prove themselves over and over. After winning for so long with the same program, a lot of times the only motivation becomes to not lose.
DFWracefan
4/29/2017 1:02pm
The one and only guarantee in MX/SX is, if you are the top dog! It is a limited time position in the sport.

Post a reply to: Barcia RDL Interview

The Latest