Barcia Bam-Bams Canard

davistld01
2/25/2013 12:16pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2013 7:39pm
Canard wasn't happy at all with the way his teammate Barcia banged into him in the heat race, breaking some spokes in his front wheel and making him go to the LCQ after DNFing the heat. In Erin's interview with him on waiting to line up for the LCQ, you could tell that he was pissed.

Then, in the main...in the second turn, Justin jammed Canard into the corner pole in a super aggressive manner.

Wonder what Team Muscle Milk Honda tells their riders as far as taking each other out? Is there some bad blood between Canard & Barcia?
|
RedRum666
2/25/2013 12:23pm
Indeed, Trey doesnt get too upset - but you could tell he wasnt happy.

I didnt see the main incident...My guess is Honda doesnt "encourage" that type of racing between teammate.....some clean rubbin I am sure is tolerable....Canard still has a wild shot at being in contention for the title - Barica is obvioulsy out of the running so rough riding on your teammate doesnt make much sense to me....
peelout
2/25/2013 12:29pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2013 12:30pm
davistld01 wrote:
Canard wasn't happy at all with the way his teammate Barcia banged into him in the heat race, breaking some spokes in his front wheel and...
Canard wasn't happy at all with the way his teammate Barcia banged into him in the heat race, breaking some spokes in his front wheel and making him go to the LCQ after DNFing the heat. In Erin's interview with him on waiting to line up for the LCQ, you could tell that he was pissed.

Then, in the main...in the second turn, Justin jammed Canard into the corner pole in a super aggressive manner.

Wonder what Team Muscle Milk Honda tells their riders as far as taking each other out? Is there some bad blood between Canard & Barcia?
one thing i really like about Barcia.... he has zero fucks to give about the last name on the back of the jersey of the guys he's racing, or color of bike/team/etc for that matter.

i'm not saying i was cheering when he hit Canard though
2/25/2013 12:35pm
One comment from Trey really perked my ears: "I probably over reacted" after the incident with BamBam in the heat.

I wonder what Trey did to cause him to think he overreacted.
JeepnMike
2/25/2013 12:43pm
He pulled Barcia's hair.

The Shop

Sandberm
2/25/2013 12:46pm
So Barcia traded paint with Canard and Brayton.

I'll have to make a note to watch those guys next week for any extra excitement. Add that to the potential Hahn/Friese fracus.
peelout
2/25/2013 12:49pm
JeepnMike wrote:
He pulled Barcia's hair.
i seriously just LOL'd

GOLD
RedRum666
2/25/2013 1:06pm
Canard probably over reacted and cursed .....
JeepnMike
2/25/2013 1:09pm
JeepnMike wrote:
He pulled Barcia's hair.
peelout wrote:
i seriously just LOL'd

GOLD
If I didn't say it someone else would.... "Barcia! Barcia! Barcia!" Cool
jbomx363
2/25/2013 1:36pm
You wanna race or have them hold hands out there?

Looked like racing to me.
Stickers
2/25/2013 1:47pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2013 1:54pm
I was wondering when someone was going to mention this. I dont think they showed it on tv but Barcia practically made TC stop on the face of the double by the start after crashing infront of the mechanics area. Just picked his bike up and went left. Didnt even look to see traffic coming.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2671st
2/25/2013 2:04pm
davistld01 wrote:
Canard wasn't happy at all with the way his teammate Barcia banged into him in the heat race, breaking some spokes in his front wheel and...

peelout wrote:
one thing i really like about Barcia.... he has zero fucks to give about the last name on the back of the jersey of the guys...
one thing i really like about Barcia.... he has zero fucks to give about the last name on the back of the jersey of the guys he's racing, or color of bike/team/etc for that matter.

i'm not saying i was cheering when he hit Canard though

Very true.
mom241
2/25/2013 2:13pm
Stickers wrote:
I was wondering when someone was going to mention this. I dont think they showed it on tv but Barcia practically made TC stop on the...
I was wondering when someone was going to mention this. I dont think they showed it on tv but Barcia practically made TC stop on the face of the double by the start after crashing infront of the mechanics area. Just picked his bike up and went left. Didnt even look to see traffic coming.
Bingo!
jeffmc134
2/25/2013 2:13pm
Stickers wrote:
I was wondering when someone was going to mention this. I dont think they showed it on tv but Barcia practically made TC stop on the...
Barcia slid out in the mechanics area. Got up in front of Canard and slowed Canards progress. Canard apparently didnt like it because he ran it in on Barcia after the finish line in the flat left 180. Broke his spokes on Barcias footpeg.

I had a good view of the finish line and Canards pass attempt.
davistld01
2/25/2013 2:25pm
Stickers wrote:
jeffmc134 wrote:
Barcia slid out in the mechanics area. Got up in front of Canard and slowed Canards progress. Canard apparently didnt like it because he ran it...
Barcia slid out in the mechanics area. Got up in front of Canard and slowed Canards progress. Canard apparently didnt like it because he ran it in on Barcia after the finish line in the flat left 180. Broke his spokes on Barcias footpeg.

I had a good view of the finish line and Canards pass attempt.
So that was it. Barcia should be glad Canard is a Christian and didn't fully punt him over the tuffblocks like most would have. Sad too that he got he rough end of the stick by busting his spokes and having to jack with the LCQ.
Stickers
2/25/2013 3:57pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2013 3:59pm
Looked like his spokes got broke when Barcia ran him high in the turn before rhythm. Not the turn after the finish line. Hard to tell exactly from where I sat (facing the double where Barcia wreck.) Canard looked to have had the pass and Bam Bam went in hot and shut him down. Was really hope TC would have a good night. He's due for another podium.
TDeath21
2/25/2013 4:12pm
They're both aggressive riders. They respect each other, but they both have the same objective. It's bound to happen. They just happen to also be teammates. I guarantee you everything was fine the next day.
Stickers
2/25/2013 4:14pm
I guarantee TC would not have pulled out in front of that double like JB did. That didnt look aggressive. It looked like dangerous move to keep someone from passing him.
LastCall211
2/25/2013 4:15pm
Thought I heard Matthes say that Stew had words with Barcia this weekend as well.
Big
2/25/2013 4:47pm
Not easy to stick to one line with ADHD.
chrisbuehler
2/25/2013 5:38pm
They are like Stanton/JMB revisited. I can see it coming lol
willie838
2/25/2013 7:27pm
you probably shouldn't go smashing teammates....

that being said, somehow i think that "nice guy" factors in very little during contract negotiation time.
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
2/25/2013 7:39pm
In other news, am I the only one who thinks Friese is at home doing pushups with a picture of Hahn on his wall with darts in it? hahaa

Post a reply to: Barcia Bam-Bams Canard

The Latest