Bam bam to KTM?

6/1/2015 8:29pm Edited Date/Time 6/2/2015 9:00pm
Something just doesn't look right with Barcia on the JGR ride. My question is where is he headed after this contract is up? Unless things dramatically start improving he really doesn't have much to show for himself since he's been in the 450 class.

I love the kids style and have been a fan for a while but at some point his sponsors are going to have to say enough is enough if he can't produce. He looked great on the Honda when he first moved up and then it was all down hill from there. Is it the bike? Fighting injury? Hair holding him back? I know it isn't for lack of effort because he has more heart than anyone racing today. Something else seems to be missing the last couple of years though.
|
Mit12
6/1/2015 8:34pm
This is why a rider should be able to race the 250 as long as he wants. Some guys just do not adapt to a 450.
Madc32
6/1/2015 8:36pm
WTF!????
6/1/2015 8:36pm
I agree 100% with that. It's completely unfair to vertically challenged like Bagget than completely destroyed the little bores but isn't an open class rider. I still think Barcia was on it when he first moved up but lost his mojo
6/1/2015 8:37pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2015 8:40pm
Yeah I don't know. When Justin is on, man that dude is damn fast. I don't think its the current bike or the previous bike. I think it's maybe more the 450. He never looks comfortable unless he's out practicing on a private track, almost like he is trying too hard. I'm not a huge Barcia fan but I hope he finds what he is looking for, before he's looking for that and a ride. The only KTM team I see picking him up would be BTO sports. Factory KTM is stacked and will continued to be so into the next few years anyway.

The Shop

kiwifan
6/1/2015 8:42pm
Probably a dumbgeon thread, but I think Barcia was on a 2 year deal with JGR.
kiwifan
6/1/2015 8:42pm
Yeah I don't know. When Justin is on, man that dude is damn fast. I don't think its the current bike or the previous bike. I...
Yeah I don't know. When Justin is on, man that dude is damn fast. I don't think its the current bike or the previous bike. I think it's maybe more the 450. He never looks comfortable unless he's out practicing on a private track, almost like he is trying too hard. I'm not a huge Barcia fan but I hope he finds what he is looking for, before he's looking for that and a ride. The only KTM team I see picking him up would be BTO sports. Factory KTM is stacked and will continued to be so into the next few years anyway.
Funny thing is everyone blamed the Honda for his results previous year, yet his results on the Yamaha have been worse, go figure.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
6/1/2015 8:43pm
kiwifan wrote:
He does have a 2 year contract with JGR, he'll be with them through 2016.
6/1/2015 8:43pm
I think the average vitards expectations are far too high. If your not first , your nobody attitude.

I thinking he's doing quite well actually.
gjbruny
6/1/2015 8:46pm
i have always said that Barcia would be a decent fit with the 350. Though the more i watch him the more i wonder if even that would be too much for him. there were sections at lakewood where he was bouncing off the rev limiter just like it was his old 250F. he has to be the absolute least smooth rider i have ever seen. his right wrist only seems to know one position and that is all the say to the throttle stop. that doesn't go well with a 450
6/1/2015 8:47pm
He doesn't have the confidence right now. He said himself that he was doubting himself on the gate for the second moto at Hangtown. He'll get there, but I wouldn't expect anything drastic. He's right there with Tickle and Shorty, just has more expectation.
gjbruny
6/1/2015 8:48pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2015 8:50pm
I think the average vitards expectations are far too high. If your not first , your nobody attitude.

I thinking he's doing quite well actually.
i disagree..... he was a very hyped 250 rider and for pretty good reason.. i think many people expected him to be a champ in the big bike class in short order (or at least a top 5 guy) though i do think some of us saw that maybe his style wouldn't jive with the 450.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
6/1/2015 8:59pm
It's not the hair. Everyone knows his powers originate there.
GuyB Pit Bits photo.Smile
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
6/1/2015 8:59pm
I think the yamaha just isnt the best bike
For these top pro's
The say its improved but clearly most top guys ive seen on them dont look great
And id think they would do better on another brand .. not to say it cant get better
But its just not there yet ...
As far as for Barcia's success i think he is doing just fine there with millions in the bank new houses
Cars , planes. ... Livin the DREAM
gjbruny
6/1/2015 9:01pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2015 9:03pm
Tarz483 wrote:
I think the yamaha just isnt the best bike For these top pro's The say its improved but clearly most top guys ive seen on them...
For these top pro's
And id think they would do better on another brand .. not to say it cant get better
As far as for Barcia's success i think he is doing just fine there with millions in the bank new houses
somebody forgot to tell that to Febvre
Canerat
6/1/2015 9:05pm
What the hell is it with people nowdays and beards???? Caveman / Bigfoot Hillbilly looks appears to be in fashion...

Nothing wrong with Barcia..he still building up and he might just win a few this year.
struth
6/1/2015 9:06pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2015 9:06pm
Tarz483 wrote:
I think the yamaha just isnt the best bike For these top pro's The say its improved but clearly most top guys ive seen on them...
For these top pro's
What other top guys are riding the Yamaha on the 450,who do you speak of!
Peick n nicoletti look good on yam,
6/1/2015 9:16pm
gjbruny wrote:
i disagree..... he was a very hyped 250 rider and for pretty good reason.. i think many people expected him to be a champ in the...
i disagree..... he was a very hyped 250 rider and for pretty good reason.. i think many people expected him to be a champ in the big bike class in short order (or at least a top 5 guy) though i do think some of us saw that maybe his style wouldn't jive with the 450.
Coming from the 250 class there are only maybe 2 people to challenge, at his level at best. 450 is all the champs from multiple years!
ocscottie
6/1/2015 9:33pm
WTF is with the title of this thread, someone sniffing glue or eat paint chips as a child? Blink
endurox
6/1/2015 9:45pm
I think these guys get burned out going round and round. How about try a GNCC, ISDE, Erzsburg etc, and bring a challenge back.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
6/1/2015 9:57pm
ocscottie wrote:
WTF is with the title of this thread, someone sniffing glue or eat paint chips as a child? Blink
Laughing Matthes said some Vital members were "on hallucinogens" re the Reed Camera thread.

Hope you are well brother, sorry I haven't been in touch.
The Rock
6/1/2015 10:30pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2015 11:28pm
kiwifan wrote:
Two year deals are the worst thing for riders who haven't won championships IMHO. Gary Jones told my father and I at Honda of Piqua before the Honda Hills Trans Am back in the day Marty Tripes always rode faster when he was low on money.

Phil Alderton signed Hansen, both Smiths Danny and Kelly and one other rider (Sellards or Schell) to two year deals circa 2003. Smith had made 60K racing for Suzuki the year before and was unemployed when Phil Alderton rang Danny up and asked "Would you like to ride for Yamaha of Troy next year for 200K?" Phil obviously could have gotten him for way less than that but that's the way Flipper rolled. It is also the reason Mitch Payton holds Phil responsible for elevating the 250 pilots salaries.

For racers who have done the work and have the championships to show for it multi year deals are excellent. They've demonstrated the work ethic and removing the concern of next year's ride allows these guys to focus on training
2thefront
6/1/2015 10:33pm
I thought there were rumors of him feeling out options for next year to get out of JGR. I've heard he really likes the team but has been completely lost on bike setup at times.
Crush
6/1/2015 10:47pm
BamBam just podiumed an outdoor race or two, and is DEFINITELY better than he was in SX... Which means he's improving coming off an injury.

Is the match made in heaven? Maybe, maybe not, he'd know, not many others, I just don't get how people write others off here. Same with Reed, fourth in a moto the other day, won a SX race, hang it up buddy. Bam Bam podiums, get off that bike. Does everyone behind them need to quit or change brands too?
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
6/1/2015 10:56pm
When healthy, Barcia is a top 5 rider in the 450 class. The legit top 5 riders are: Dungey, Tomac, KRoc, Canard, and Barcia. Barcia has been hurt and has been underperforming based on expectations. I think if you'd ask him he believes he should be on the podium every weekend and challenging for wins. At this point, I think his biggest weakness isn't his speed or fitness, it's consistency (or lack of).
Dissident
6/1/2015 11:03pm
my 2 cents on this topic is:

---- I think Barcia will have a good long career finishing top 5 to top 10 and will most likely not win a title. not a knock on the guy, but he hasn't been head and shoulders above everyone else for quite sometime

--- OP's username "beavermuncher" is very, very funny and original.

6/1/2015 11:35pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2015 11:37pm
Exactly,
Barcia has no chance of winning unless he improves, then if he wins it's only because he improves, so he might or might not,
Maybe.

Stamp it!
FI2T
6/1/2015 11:39pm
What is with all the Yamaha hate here... Didn't Barcia just get a overall podium after a bunch of injuries, filthy Phil was on the podium and Peick has been pretty dang fast. Barcia looks like he is getting back on pace to me. What has Brayton done on his KTM? Must be the bikes fault right (sarcasm)! Injuries, confidence, setup, training, money and support are a much bigger part of this then the make of the bike.
The Rock
6/1/2015 11:40pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2015 11:41pm
Crush wrote:
BamBam just podiumed an outdoor race or two, and is DEFINITELY better than he was in SX... Which means he's improving coming off an injury. Is...
BamBam just podiumed an outdoor race or two, and is DEFINITELY better than he was in SX... Which means he's improving coming off an injury.

Is the match made in heaven? Maybe, maybe not, he'd know, not many others, I just don't get how people write others off here. Same with Reed, fourth in a moto the other day, won a SX race, hang it up buddy. Bam Bam podiums, get off that bike. Does everyone behind them need to quit or change brands too?
I hear you. My sentiments exactly.

What we are seeing is the deepest field in a long time IMO. This makes it easy for someone's off day to be a 11th or a 12th since there is at least ten guys who are pit bulls every weekend. Some people have a short view of racers' values while I prefer to take the long view especially with a rider like Reed. I haven't had time to get up to speed on helmet cam gate but it sounds like it has the potential to have the train come off the tracks. Bummer.
The Rock
6/1/2015 11:47pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2015 11:47pm
FI2T wrote:
What is with all the Yamaha hate here... Didn't Barcia just get a overall podium after a bunch of injuries, filthy Phil was on the podium...
What is with all the Yamaha hate here... Didn't Barcia just get a overall podium after a bunch of injuries, filthy Phil was on the podium and Peick has been pretty dang fast. Barcia looks like he is getting back on pace to me. What has Brayton done on his KTM? Must be the bikes fault right (sarcasm)! Injuries, confidence, setup, training, money and support are a much bigger part of this then the make of the bike.
Did you see Nicoletti jet past Barcia the first moto in the opening laps? Phil passed Barcia like Barcia was tied to a post. Would love to know the difference in mapping and engine configurations. Could see a scenario where all the motors are the same given none of them are ever set to max power with the only differences being mapping. Could also see where Phil is the test pilot running a different motor package than Weston and Justin.

Post a reply to: Bam bam to KTM?

The Latest