Bam Bam on Musquin

7/10/2016 5:32pm
It's been mentioned more than once that racers don't like Musquin's style of riding a wide bike when he can't match speed. Does anyone els feel that was inevitable with Musquin riding a wide bike like that. Sure looked like he was trying to do that to Barcia before Barcia put him down.
|
es337
7/10/2016 5:38pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2016 5:39pm
yeah i remember what webb had to say about musquin last year at redbud.

musquin cut across the inside rut to block barcia from railing the outside but barcia saw it coming and served it right back. seemed totally fine to me
7/10/2016 5:43pm
es337 wrote:
yeah i remember what webb had to say about musquin last year at redbud. musquin cut across the inside rut to block barcia from railing the...
yeah i remember what webb had to say about musquin last year at redbud.

musquin cut across the inside rut to block barcia from railing the outside but barcia saw it coming and served it right back. seemed totally fine to me
I agree.
GBO91
7/10/2016 5:54pm
As a fan of both dudes, I had no problem with Barcia's move. I love to watch Marvin ride, but agree the blocking gets extreme at times. If you're gonna ride that way, you have to expect someone is going to run it in on you given the chance. If he saw it coming he could have let off. Tough luck.

I haven't heard Marvin's take on it yet. I'm wondering if he sees it this way. I'm sure we wasn't okay with it.
Crush
7/10/2016 5:56pm
I don't have a problem with the move, it's MX, it happens.

But for fucks sake don't shrug your shoulders and plead ignorance when asked about it... Just as retarded as Alessi or Friese each time they're involved in shit.

Barcia has probably chopped more people off than any other active rider but this time where he cut across the line to do it he's got no idea?

The Shop

7/10/2016 5:57pm
This incident was the same as what Monsieur Pourcel did to Mister Bogle in the sky hook turn. Go too wide at Southwick and you might regret it. Monsieur Musquin was out in the marbles and Mister Barcia squared it up. Shit happens when there is only 1 berm.
shanexsan
7/10/2016 6:05pm
On transworld's how was your weekend marv seemed fine with it. Said he ran into barcias rear tire. Did seem like barcia was fed up with getting cut off tho when it happened. I expect some more of these run ins with barcia and musquin both riding so well and near the p3/p4 spot.
WVUpetro2013
7/10/2016 7:03pm
Big fan of Musquin and not a Barcia fan. That being said I had no problem with the move. Surely he knew who was behind him and should have known trying to block lines would only last so long
jemcee
7/10/2016 7:09pm
Crush wrote:
I don't have a problem with the move, it's MX, it happens. But for fucks sake don't shrug your shoulders and plead ignorance when asked about...
I don't have a problem with the move, it's MX, it happens.

But for fucks sake don't shrug your shoulders and plead ignorance when asked about it... Just as retarded as Alessi or Friese each time they're involved in shit.

Barcia has probably chopped more people off than any other active rider but this time where he cut across the line to do it he's got no idea?
Oh man couldn't agree more that's exactly what shits me about him..

As a big fan of Musquin and far from a fan of Barcia I also had no problem with it aggressive racing is all good, it's the aggressive blocking that I hate! Marvin was doing just that and I could see myself doing what Barcia did haha
7/10/2016 7:14pm
It's been mentioned more than once that racers don't like Musquin's style of riding a wide bike when he can't match speed. Does anyone els feel...
It's been mentioned more than once that racers don't like Musquin's style of riding a wide bike when he can't match speed. Does anyone els feel that was inevitable with Musquin riding a wide bike like that. Sure looked like he was trying to do that to Barcia before Barcia put him down.
I'm surprised he didn't say he was taking that line every lap Laughing
jevyguy
7/10/2016 8:20pm
I personally loved seeing it. Not that bambam was intentionally trying to take him out, but I did feel like it was payback for how Marvin rides.
The Bogle Pourcel crash was much different to me. IMO, Pourcel blatantly took him out which was a cheap shot
Sodipop
7/10/2016 8:23pm
It's been mentioned more than once that racers don't like Musquin's style of riding a wide bike when he can't match speed. Does anyone els feel...

Please. He went aggressively inside and Bogle barely caught his back wheel
tuggy450
7/10/2016 8:24pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2016 8:24pm
I saw the move, IMO the way musquin moves over on guys I am surprised he hasn't taken out a bunch of riders. Lets just say he won't be pulling that with Barcia. Bam Bam made that pretty clear. I always liked his riding just not his blocking. He is practically cross jumping all over the track. Either he or other riders are going to get hurt. There are many riders that take bizarre lines but that is not what is going on here, he blocks people outright.
brimx153
7/10/2016 9:32pm
i dont like bam bam at all .but that pass was more than fine
zehn
7/10/2016 9:44pm
Barcia didn't hit him...? I don't see the issue
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
7/10/2016 9:59pm
Just watched the TWMX video and Props to Marvin for taking it like a man. Respect.
philG
7/11/2016 12:17am
Seeing as Barcia already put hard moves on Peick and Nicolleti , I wasn't surprised, but I think that just for once , a pass without riding at or into someone would be a nice change.

On the flip side . if I was Marvin . I would take the first opportunity to wipe him out big time .. and the second, and the third . Barcia is a classless jerk , sooner he is gone,the better.
7/11/2016 12:59am
philG wrote:
Seeing as Barcia already put hard moves on Peick and Nicolleti , I wasn't surprised, but I think that just for once , a pass without...
Seeing as Barcia already put hard moves on Peick and Nicolleti , I wasn't surprised, but I think that just for once , a pass without riding at or into someone would be a nice change.

On the flip side . if I was Marvin . I would take the first opportunity to wipe him out big time .. and the second, and the third . Barcia is a classless jerk , sooner he is gone,the better.
couldn't agree more
shuggs
7/11/2016 2:56am
Agree with this and for those getting knickers in a knot about CP377 pass on Bogle it was all fair too.
Flip109
7/11/2016 2:56am
If you're gonna block bam bam like that, you better expect something eventually lol
HenryA
7/11/2016 3:19am
I'm more surprised that Marvin didn't see that one coming. Huh
motomike137
7/11/2016 4:08am
Marvin just tasted a little karma, It's name be Bam Bam Smile

As for Pourcel's move that was just plain dirty.
IWreckALot
7/11/2016 4:28am
philG wrote:
Seeing as Barcia already put hard moves on Peick and Nicolleti , I wasn't surprised, but I think that just for once , a pass without...

If you look at the incident without knowing who the riders are, it looks like a classic block pass but Musquin didn't let up. I'm usually rather critical of Barcia's moves, but that one was about as clean as they get for Barcia. He left plenty of room for Musquin to keep it on two wheels.

And I'm a fan of Musquin, but over the last year or so, his cross jumping is getting closer and closer to causing a bad problem for someone.
philG
7/11/2016 4:31am
Marvin just tasted a little karma, It's name be Bam Bam Smile

As for Pourcel's move that was just plain dirty.
I disagree, Pourcel was going inside Bogle was mid track , and started to cut back . If CP wanted to run him out he would have done it in the previous corner,IMO, just a racing incident.
7/11/2016 8:23am
Correct sir, he jumped to the outside line to block Barcia but didn't anticipate Barcia being able to square him up and beat him to the exit. If you block like that, better anticipate a pass with authority.
a22
7/11/2016 8:40am
I didn't think it seemed too bad, Barcia and Musquin. Definitely seen a load worse. Same goes for the Pourcel / Bogle incident. Sure Christophe did not mean to take his front out although he did want to pass him. Probably the same for Bam Bam also.
I mean they are racing and racing very hard, stuff will happen one way or another.
kkawboy14
7/11/2016 8:46am
Seems like MM is not a cry baby like some others!
Prntscrn
7/11/2016 8:50am
tuggy450 wrote:
I saw the move, IMO the way musquin moves over on guys I am surprised he hasn't taken out a bunch of riders. Lets just say...
I saw the move, IMO the way musquin moves over on guys I am surprised he hasn't taken out a bunch of riders. Lets just say he won't be pulling that with Barcia. Bam Bam made that pretty clear. I always liked his riding just not his blocking. He is practically cross jumping all over the track. Either he or other riders are going to get hurt. There are many riders that take bizarre lines but that is not what is going on here, he blocks people outright.
Why? It's not like he is riding dangerously when he is riding a wide bike.
philG
7/11/2016 9:48am
The thing is , at the point where Barcia cuts back , he could have just squared off the turn and motored past Marvin , and not been within 15 yards of him as Marv had gone wide and deep, Barcia had time to cut back ride in a straight line directly at the berm Marvin was using , and get there first ... why not just make a clean freaking pass for once in your life.

Im going to watch the clip of Lommel where he wads up after hitting Ken De Dyker, just to cheer myself up.
WVUpetro2013
7/11/2016 9:50am
tuggy450 wrote:
I saw the move, IMO the way musquin moves over on guys I am surprised he hasn't taken out a bunch of riders. Lets just say...
Prntscrn wrote:
Why? It's not like he is riding dangerously when he is riding a wide bike.
I agree that I not subscribe to the 'he's cross jumping' theory. I do understand how frustrating it would be to be behind him, but I do not feel he is endangering them as much as others seem to. He is basically just taking all the passing lines away.
tuggy450
7/11/2016 10:16am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2016 10:18am
honestly most of marvin's reputation came from last year. but I seem to remember some battles with him in 250's that he would move over on people before faces of fast outdoor big jumps. They all do it, block, but he was making it an art form. That to me is how someone gets seriously hurt. He hasn't done that, or just hasn't as televised or imaged because he is not so much a threat. That said I don't have a problem with what either of them did in that corner. reasonably low speed..nobody was gonna get killed..But high speed antics like this is a different story, so for that reason it warrants some scrutiny

Post a reply to: Bam Bam on Musquin

The Latest