BT101 tellin' it like it is

Sondy132001
10/1/2010 9:34am
I've seen a lot of aggressive racing, was at Saddleback when Hannah took out Howerton, list goes on, the only dirty riding, that I will say is dirty riding was Bubba at Hangtown, when he would deliberately shove RonRon into the snow fencing in the 125 race, he literally would stop and hit him...oh yeah come to think of it all the dirty racing I've seen was at Hangtown lol J-Law & RV...But when I think of questionable racing that's just racing...dirty blatant racing Bubba on RonRon is text book.

S
DC
10/1/2010 9:35am Edited Date/Time 10/1/2010 9:47am
Geoff, you haven't heard one word because Marmont was out of control and almost took Canard out while crashing. I was there, and Trey is lucky he didn't get knocked down.

Have some objectivity.

DC
MX Sports

500guy
10/1/2010 9:40am
As a racer I like Townley but he rides way over his head and won't last the way he's doing it.

Like everyone in USA He did it to Short and USA = Dirty move , We do it to them rubbing is racing.
mx-frog
10/1/2010 9:42am
grover738 wrote:
[url=http://www.racerxonline.com/article/5-minutes-with-ben-townley-10-1-10.aspx]LINK [/url] Money quotes: Racer X: I know this is sort of starting on a downer, but you won that moto, but you killed Shorty. What...

LINK

Money quotes:

Racer X: I know this is sort of starting on a downer, but you won that moto, but you killed Shorty. What happened there? What was the story with that?
Ben Townley: I was going for it. I wanted to win.

Did you think you would hit or did you think he would let off?
I thought he would let off, yeah. Maybe he didn’t know I was there. I don’t know, it’s racing. It’s motocross. It happens and I don’t know what else to say.

Somebody asked me right afterward why you would do that, and I said, "Dude, I would take out my mom to win a moto at the MXoN."
Without a doubt. I wanted to win. For me, it’s important to get back to that level that I know I can be, and I think I proved that once I got to the front. That little German f&#$er is a fast one...

Kind of refreshing to hear some brutal honesty, IMO.
i think what he did on the parade lap the second moto after cooling down show's there was more to it. Don't believe me,he had a huge problem with the pass after the moto,if he didn't he would'nt have did that punk-azz move on the parade lap?

The Shop

mxgeoff
10/1/2010 9:43am
DC wrote:
Geoff, you haven't heard one word because Marmont was out of control and almost took Canard out while crashing. I was there, and Trey is lucky...
Geoff, you haven't heard one word because Marmont was out of control and almost took Canard out while crashing. I was there, and Trey is lucky he didn't get knocked down.

Have some objectivity.

DC
MX Sports

DC,

I was just going by what a few people told me then Van Horebeek mentioned Canard took Marmont out. I didn't mean to try and make Canard look bad, he's a great dude.

My apology's.

Geoff
spd721
10/1/2010 9:45am
Wow, I can't wait to see when Short T-bones BT in 2011.
DC
10/1/2010 9:49am
Fair play Geoff, I tweaked my initial post in the spirit of global peace...

Marmont was going faster at that point and I think Trey was exhausted, but he rushed it instead of waiting.

What 500Guy said about the perception is spot-on for both sides of the ocean.

DC
MX Sports
mxgeoff
10/1/2010 9:52am
It wasn't so much me having a go at an America rider. In all honesty I was rooting for Team USA. I didn't see any team I prefered to follow last weekend.

For once I was actually glad it turned out how it did. Three super human beings and total gentleman on the track and off it.
ATKpilot99
10/1/2010 9:59am
mxgeoff wrote:
It wasn't so much me having a go at an America rider. In all honesty I was rooting for Team USA. I didn't see any team...
It wasn't so much me having a go at an America rider. In all honesty I was rooting for Team USA. I didn't see any team I prefered to follow last weekend.

For once I was actually glad it turned out how it did. Three super human beings and total gentleman on the track and off it.
Alright, who hijacked Geoff's account ? Laughing
mx-frog
10/1/2010 10:03am
mxgeoff wrote:
It wasn't so much me having a go at an America rider. In all honesty I was rooting for Team USA. I didn't see any team...

ATKpilot99 wrote:
I've learned along time ago,never believe a word Geoff says! [smile] He's a politician in media clothing. Just kidding Geoff your not near the pecker-head you where in 2005-06.[smile]
mxgeoff
10/1/2010 10:15am
mxgeoff wrote:

ATKpilot99 wrote:
mx-frog wrote:
I've learned along time ago,never believe a word Geoff says! [smile] He's a politician in media clothing. Just kidding Geoff your not near the pecker-head you...
I've learned along time ago,never believe a word Geoff says! [smile] He's a politician in media clothing. Just kidding Geoff your not near the pecker-head you where in 2005-06.[smile]
2005 and 2006 I was in the middle of a divorce....I wasn't then who I am now.
mx-frog
10/1/2010 10:18am
Completly understand, maybe you should come back to Mototalk?
Nutty C
10/1/2010 10:18am
Don't the officals have a black flag anymore?
mccread
10/1/2010 10:26am
mxgeoff wrote:

Agree with that.. this year they deserved the win.
Zildjian
10/1/2010 10:26am
OK BT, race to win but next time someone takes out you, don't whine like a little bitch about like you did when Alessi took you out. The hypocrisy is strong with this one.
gt80rider
10/1/2010 10:29am
Townley is a F'n Hack for his move on Shorty..... period.....

and...

let's say BT would have waited a couple more corners, or maybe a couple more laps to put on a clean pass... more likely than not BT STILL would have won that moto.... and he'd have won the moto with honor.... hell, he could have "rubbed" Shorty in a couple corners and still won with honor.... and then 100% of Vitalheads (including myself) would have been talking about his great ride...

instead, that HACK knowingly chose to put Shorty down... rubbing is racing for sure... nothing wrong with that... but putting a guy down when you don't need to is bullchit, pure and simple...

and perhaps even worse... BT went from being well liked by Americans, to being considered a F'n moron by a large portion of them... was put'n Shorty down really worth that???
Sondy132001
10/1/2010 10:31am
it's going to be a loooonnnnnggggg fall/winter huh ??

S
Sawblade
10/1/2010 10:32am
Nutty C wrote:
Why? So every rider that has incidental contact can be removed from the race? Its motocross, while it sucked for Short & Team USA real estate on a MX track can get real small real quick in the heat battle.
Nutty C
10/1/2010 10:38am Edited Date/Time 10/1/2010 10:39am
Nutty C wrote:
Sawblade wrote:
Why? So every rider that has incidental contact can be removed from the race? Its motocross, while it sucked for Short & Team USA real estate...
Why? So every rider that has incidental contact can be removed from the race? Its motocross, while it sucked for Short & Team USA real estate on a MX track can get real small real quick in the heat battle.
Not refering to this particular exchange but there is too many outright dirty moves going on and there does not seem to be any penalty. I mean the track is 20 odd feet wide and if a dude is faster he is going to get around.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
10/1/2010 10:44am
Nutty C wrote:
Sawblade wrote:
Why? So every rider that has incidental contact can be removed from the race? Its motocross, while it sucked for Short & Team USA real estate...
Nutty C wrote:
Not refering to this particular exchange but there is too many outright dirty moves going on and there does not seem to be any penalty. I...
Not refering to this particular exchange but there is too many outright dirty moves going on and there does not seem to be any penalty. I mean the track is 20 odd feet wide and if a dude is faster he is going to get around.
Actually, there's a lot less these days IMO. What for example Barcia gets reamed over was pretty standard stuff for most of the sport.
Highsider
10/1/2010 10:50am
Interesting contrast to his comments about Alessi at Glen Helen. Not really a criticism, though: it's human nature, for better and worse, to see one's own...
Interesting contrast to his comments about Alessi at Glen Helen.

Not really a criticism, though: it's human nature, for better and worse, to see one's own actions as fair and other people's actions that affect you as unfair.
Billy Jack wrote:
True, we even do that with pour favorite riders. If Pourcel slams someone, it's good racing. Townley does it to Short and Ben's an a-hole. I...
True, we even do that with pour favorite riders. If Pourcel slams someone, it's good racing. Townley does it to Short and Ben's an a-hole. I say it's racing Hannah style!
Or Barcia punting Wilson over the berm.

My wife and kid didn't see the BT/Short delio, but when I did and got upset at Ben, my wife was convinced if the tables were turned....
txmxer
10/1/2010 10:53am
I don't have an issue with either pass--MA/BT or AS/BT.

I've taken lines that were near miss passes and if the other guy had moved over a fraction we'd have been sprawled on the ground. You see an opening and go. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. Might not be the brightest thing ever, but, I don't think BT was expecting that pass to turn out as it did.
rocrac
10/1/2010 10:54am
Lots of pictures around with short sporting a nice shiner courtesy of BT. Paybacks are a bitch.
peelout719
10/1/2010 10:58am
gt80rider wrote:
Townley is a F'n Hack for his move on Shorty..... period..... and... let's say BT would have waited a couple more corners, or maybe a couple...
Townley is a F'n Hack for his move on Shorty..... period.....

and...

let's say BT would have waited a couple more corners, or maybe a couple more laps to put on a clean pass... more likely than not BT STILL would have won that moto.... and he'd have won the moto with honor.... hell, he could have "rubbed" Shorty in a couple corners and still won with honor.... and then 100% of Vitalheads (including myself) would have been talking about his great ride...

instead, that HACK knowingly chose to put Shorty down... rubbing is racing for sure... nothing wrong with that... but putting a guy down when you don't need to is bullchit, pure and simple...

and perhaps even worse... BT went from being well liked by Americans, to being considered a F'n moron by a large portion of them... was put'n Shorty down really worth that???
lmao... look at where you're from... easy to see your outrage.

if short would have done the same aggressive pass on townley and put him down, you would be in here calling all the guys wanting short's head on a platter whiney bitches.

please take your rose colored glasses off and reassess the situation
Huckster
10/1/2010 11:04am
Sawblade wrote:
Nutty C wrote:
Not refering to this particular exchange but there is too many outright dirty moves going on and there does not seem to be any penalty. I...
Actually, there's a lot less these days IMO. What for example Barcia gets reamed over was pretty standard stuff for most of the sport.
not to mention again, that Pourcel did the same exact thing to Wilson a few laps before and what canard did to Wilson at Red Budd was even more aggressive., but neither of them gets vilified. Its all a matter of perspective and what glasses you chose to look at it through.
grover738
10/1/2010 11:48am
peelout719 wrote:
lmao... look at where you're from... easy to see your outrage. if short would have done the same aggressive pass on townley and put him down...

if short would have done the same aggressive pass on townley and put him down, you would be in here calling all the guys wanting short's head on a platter whiney bitches.

Hey! Leave Boulder out of this. Some of my fondest memories are from that town. Great beer before it was cool, hot in-shape women who like to party, lots of cheap..uh...green stuff, laid back police, great hiking & biking, great restaurants, that town has a ton of things going for it.

Nearly missed my flight back Monday afternoon after drinking and looking at the flatirons from a rooftop bar.
peelout719
10/1/2010 11:51am
peelout719 wrote:
lmao... look at where you're from... easy to see your outrage. if short would have done the same aggressive pass on townley and put him down...

grover738 wrote:
Hey! Leave Boulder out of this. Some of my fondest memories are from that town. Great beer before it was cool, hot in-shape women who like...
Hey! Leave Boulder out of this. Some of my fondest memories are from that town. Great beer before it was cool, hot in-shape women who like to party, lots of cheap..uh...green stuff, laid back police, great hiking & biking, great restaurants, that town has a ton of things going for it.

Nearly missed my flight back Monday afternoon after drinking and looking at the flatirons from a rooftop bar.
boulder as a city has nothing to do with it. i love boulder, your trip sounds just like many of mine there.

it's the rose colored Colorado USofA glasses he's sporting. just saying, some of the people in here need to put the shoe on the other foot
BobbyM
10/1/2010 11:58am
I've seen a lot of aggressive racing, was at Saddleback when Hannah took out Howerton, list goes on, the only dirty riding, that I will say...
I've seen a lot of aggressive racing, was at Saddleback when Hannah took out Howerton, list goes on, the only dirty riding, that I will say is dirty riding was Bubba at Hangtown, when he would deliberately shove RonRon into the snow fencing in the 125 race, he literally would stop and hit him...oh yeah come to think of it all the dirty racing I've seen was at Hangtown lol J-Law & RV...But when I think of questionable racing that's just racing...dirty blatant racing Bubba on RonRon is text book.

S
langston ending bobby bonds career too at hangtown

Post a reply to: BT101 tellin' it like it is

The Latest