BROtocross on the black flag

1/20/2015 5:29pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2015 12:54pm
Just read BROtocross article on the black flag incident & I reckon he nailed it. Sorry I can't post a link.
|
h&m_cycle
1/20/2015 5:34pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2015 5:35pm
here's Broto's site link Reed fans don't even bother cause you won't like it...

http://brotocross.com/
zehn
1/20/2015 5:40pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
here's Broto's site link Reed fans don't even bother cause you won't like it...

http://brotocross.com/
Actually, I think Reed fans could do themselves a favor by reading that bit. It's clear, concise, and follows the same logic that the AMA/FIM followed. No bullshit, no bias. Just facts

The Shop

h&m_cycle
1/20/2015 5:50pm
Verbmoto's Eric Wright attended the race, here's his take on the whole situation... no point in starting yet another black flag thread

The Black Flag
Obviously the massive talking point of the 450 class was the black flag for Chad Reed, following his little tif with Trey Canard. Here’s the Cliff Notes version of how the events played out - Reed in front of Canard; Reed jumps right to left as Canard jumps left to right; contact; both riders down; both riders get up at the same time; Reed gives Canard some serious elbow music and pushes him off the track into the tuff blocks; Reed gets black flag and retires from the race; words exchanged after the checkers. To be quite honest, it’s very easy to see where Reed is coming from in this instance, but the move was deserved of punishment. It was an indisputably flagrant takeout, worthy of penalty. We love Chad Reed, and want to see him on top again, and in this writer’s opinion, he should just accept the decision and put it behind him, which he most likely will do, because he’s a professional.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
1/20/2015 5:59pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
Verbmoto's Eric Wright attended the race, here's his take on the whole situation... no point in starting yet another black flag thread The Black Flag Obviously...
Verbmoto's Eric Wright attended the race, here's his take on the whole situation... no point in starting yet another black flag thread

The Black Flag
Obviously the massive talking point of the 450 class was the black flag for Chad Reed, following his little tif with Trey Canard. Here’s the Cliff Notes version of how the events played out - Reed in front of Canard; Reed jumps right to left as Canard jumps left to right; contact; both riders down; both riders get up at the same time; Reed gives Canard some serious elbow music and pushes him off the track into the tuff blocks; Reed gets black flag and retires from the race; words exchanged after the checkers. To be quite honest, it’s very easy to see where Reed is coming from in this instance, but the move was deserved of punishment. It was an indisputably flagrant takeout, worthy of penalty. We love Chad Reed, and want to see him on top again, and in this writer’s opinion, he should just accept the decision and put it behind him, which he most likely will do, because he’s a professional.
Just for the unaware, Eric Wright is Brotocross.
h&m_cycle
1/20/2015 6:15pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
Verbmoto's Eric Wright attended the race, here's his take on the whole situation... no point in starting yet another black flag thread The Black Flag Obviously...

The Black Flag
ML512 wrote:
Just for the unaware, Eric Wright is Brotocross.
guess I was wrong... thought Eli Moore was Brotocross an (A) class rider college student from the New England area

ML512
Fantasy
36th
1/20/2015 6:17pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
guess I was wrong... thought Eli Moore was Brotocross an (A) class rider college student from the New England area [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/01/20/77505/s1200_the_status_update_912011_7_gallery_full.jpg[/img]
guess I was wrong... thought Eli Moore was Brotocross an (A) class rider college student from the New England area

Eric Wright is the name he uses when posting on Vurb.
ACBraap
Fantasy
450th
1/20/2015 6:23pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
guess I was wrong... thought Eli Moore was Brotocross an (A) class rider college student from the New England area [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/01/20/77505/s1200_the_status_update_912011_7_gallery_full.jpg[/img]

ML512 wrote:
No matter what name he goes by, he'll never top the poem race report from High Point he put up a couple years ago.
blusmbl
1/20/2015 6:29pm
ML512 wrote:
I was not aware of that. Thanks!
hvaughn88
1/20/2015 6:35pm
He's...uhhhh...not exactly what I was picturing
ayearinmx
1/20/2015 6:43pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2015 6:50pm
ML512 wrote:
you wanna spill the beans on who shot JFK while you're at it Michael? Wink
500guy
1/20/2015 7:00pm
okay so Brohocross isn't the guy who was saying a bunch of outrageous shit about riders and industry people but then writes for Verb under a different name ?

Awesome. Must be a regular Benjamen Franklin.
Grizz
1/20/2015 7:08pm
500guy wrote:
okay so Brohocross isn't the guy who was saying a bunch of outrageous shit about riders and industry people but then writes for Verb under a...
okay so Brohocross isn't the guy who was saying a bunch of outrageous shit about riders and industry people but then writes for Verb under a different name ?

Awesome. Must be a regular Benjamen Franklin.
He never says much that isn't true. He's also got incredible writing skills and the head staff at Vurb took notice. Clearly he likes being relatively anonymous.
h&m_cycle
1/20/2015 7:18pm
He is a better writer then I thought, here is his Verbmoto serious take on Noren's really bad heat race triple crash

Noren’s Heat Crash
Pretty much everyone I talked to who was not at the race missed this incident, so it definitely needs to be mentioned - Frederik Noren, the Swedish people’s champ, completely ate s#!t in the heat race. The second triple on the track was tough, to the point where not every 250 rider was hitting it. The rut coming out of the previous turn was one of those rude mofos that goes out of the turn, almost to the face of the jump, so if you were using it and got out of shape at all, you had no time to pick up the pieces and hit the triple. Noren got out of shape, went for the triple anyway, and cased it as bad as he could possibly have cased it, hitting the eject button after bouncing off the landing. It looked like he was about to pull a Tanner Hall and start screaming “My ankles are broken,” but then lo and behold he lined up for the semi. He did not qualify, even through the LCQ, but it was still an ironman effort after that crash.
ayearinmx
1/20/2015 7:20pm
just so we're clear...... its vUrbmoto
h&m_cycle
1/20/2015 7:23pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2015 7:42pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
He is a better writer then I thought, here is his Verbmoto serious take on Noren's really bad heat race triple crash Noren’s Heat Crash Pretty...
He is a better writer then I thought, here is his Verbmoto serious take on Noren's really bad heat race triple crash

Noren’s Heat Crash
Pretty much everyone I talked to who was not at the race missed this incident, so it definitely needs to be mentioned - Frederik Noren, the Swedish people’s champ, completely ate s#!t in the heat race. The second triple on the track was tough, to the point where not every 250 rider was hitting it. The rut coming out of the previous turn was one of those rude mofos that goes out of the turn, almost to the face of the jump, so if you were using it and got out of shape at all, you had no time to pick up the pieces and hit the triple. Noren got out of shape, went for the triple anyway, and cased it as bad as he could possibly have cased it, hitting the eject button after bouncing off the landing. It looked like he was about to pull a Tanner Hall and start screaming “My ankles are broken,” but then lo and behold he lined up for the semi. He did not qualify, even through the LCQ, but it was still an ironman effort after that crash.
deleted
jhansen510
Fantasy
3559th
1/20/2015 8:54pm
Not that anyone cares but I can not stand the dude. He annoys the shit out of me.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
1/20/2015 9:04pm
ayearinmx wrote:
you wanna spill the beans on who shot JFK while you're at it Michael? Wink
I blame Obama...

Also, it's not my fault that Eli also used the screen name Eric Wright a few times in the earlier days of Brotocross. Laughing
ayearinmx
1/20/2015 9:10pm
ML512 wrote:
I blame Obama... Also, it's not my fault that Eli also used the screen name Eric Wright a few times in the earlier days of Brotocross...
I blame Obama...

Also, it's not my fault that Eli also used the screen name Eric Wright a few times in the earlier days of Brotocross. Laughing
i don't think it's ever been a secret.... but the more people that know, the less times we can laugh at people when they write "you guys just ripped off brotocross" in a comment
ML512
Fantasy
36th
1/20/2015 9:15pm
ML512 wrote:
I blame Obama... Also, it's not my fault that Eli also used the screen name Eric Wright a few times in the earlier days of Brotocross...
I blame Obama...

ayearinmx wrote:
i don't think it's ever been a secret.... but the more people that know, the less times we can laugh at people when they write "you...
i don't think it's ever been a secret.... but the more people that know, the less times we can laugh at people when they write "you guys just ripped off brotocross" in a comment
Very true... Bulmer, when are you coming back to the US for a visit? Weren't you at A1?
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
1/20/2015 9:18pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2015 9:22pm
Bottom line is that Trey had it comingPinch . And the crowd cheered when he got it.
zehn
1/20/2015 9:20pm
ML512 wrote:
I blame Obama...

ayearinmx wrote:
i don't think it's ever been a secret.... but the more people that know, the less times we can laugh at people when they write "you...
Apparently I missed something cuz I have no idea what you're talking about
Jimfunn
1/21/2015 12:31am
ayearinmx wrote:
just so we're clear...... its vUrbmoto
thanks, that was annoying me!
Grieby54
1/21/2015 5:30am Edited Date/Time 1/21/2015 10:20am
lostboy819 wrote:
Bottom line is that Trey had it comingPinch . And the crowd cheered when he got it.
That's one of the dumber things I've seen you say.
DoctorJD
1/21/2015 5:48am
lostboy819 wrote:
Grieby54 wrote:
That's one of the dumber things I've seen you say.
I concur. To be clear, what (specifically) has Trey done to, deserve that? I'll be awaiting your response.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
1/21/2015 6:18am
Trey screwed up and took out Reed, As soon as Reed got going I knew he was going to park Trey and sure enough he did. Trey should have know he was going to get punted. I am not a Reed fan but I would have done the same thing and I dont think it mattered if it was Canard it could have been any other rider and Reed would have done the same thing.

Post a reply to: BROtocross on the black flag

The Latest