MXA Invention of The Day!

deadking
Fantasy
533rd
1/6/2015 5:27am Edited Date/Time 3/13/2015 5:12am
The BLUE Buffalo/Slater Skins/Yamaha Team would like to give a shout out to MXA for thinking of us yesterday.

http://motocrossactionmag.com/home-page/mxas-gyro-gearloose-invention-o…

The fact that one of the big four (Yamaha) is backing our team, that aren't going to look anything like stock bikes, is a 20 year mountain climbed. This program still has years of development ahead of it but will be put on the AMA Supercross stage very soon. We look forward to the release of the 2015 Slater Skins and Shields at Arlington, TX with #244 Ryan Zimmer (250 East) and #58 Killy Rusk (450). Rusk rode awesome at the Anaheim opener but came up short on qualifying for possibly the most competitive 450 main event, ever. Rusk will be hunting for a top 22 spot in Phoenix for sure. Great effort at A1 and best of luck in Phoenix Killy!

|
Grizz
1/6/2015 6:05am
Those stock Yamahas already look like they have the most sponsor logo space out of any other bike. Put on the Cycra plastic kit and it's even better. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.
enketchum
1/6/2015 7:42am
why wasn't he running the Slater Skin?
moto314
1/6/2015 8:11am
I believe they are still working on the Slater Skin design and will debut it on the east coast. But I was thinking the same thing, there seems to be a lot of of space already for logos on the Yamahas.

deadking
Fantasy
533rd
1/6/2015 12:08pm
enketchum wrote:
why wasn't he running the Slater Skin?
As moto314 said, we are in final stages of production on the new 2015 YZ molds (Slater Skins & Shields) and will debut them at Arlington. I just got a first look at them and we're very excited to say the least. Yamaha will be the first to have samples for testing and we'll go from there. Kevin at MGX Unlimited (http://www.mgxunlimited.com/) will be doing the Ryan Zimmer (#244) graphic kit and Rusk Racing Decals (RRD - http://www.ruskracing.com) will be doing the Killy Rusk (#58) kit. We appreciate your eagerness to see them! - Happy New Year

The Shop

Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1084th
1/6/2015 12:40pm
I picked up a bag of Blue Buffalo "freedom" from Petsmart last week. When the young lady helping me asked why I was switching brands, I told her "because they support the sport I like- motocross". She thought about it for a moment and said "that's pretty cool".

So far he's pretty dang excited about the food and still wolfs it down almost like he would a raw steak.
mark_swart
1/6/2015 2:35pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2015 2:36pm
I swear it seems like MXA re-posts that feature every other month. They alternate it with the article about the mid-80s louver that looks like a radiator shroud to help cool air cooled bikes, the Ribi quadrilateral fork, and the Boyesen rear suspension. Apparently there haven't been any new inventions of the day for a while...
deadking
Fantasy
533rd
3/12/2015 5:02am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2015 5:30am
I picked up a bag of Blue Buffalo "freedom" from Petsmart last week. When the young lady helping me asked why I was switching brands, I...
I picked up a bag of Blue Buffalo "freedom" from Petsmart last week. When the young lady helping me asked why I was switching brands, I told her "because they support the sport I like- motocross". She thought about it for a moment and said "that's pretty cool".

So far he's pretty dang excited about the food and still wolfs it down almost like he would a raw steak.
It's testimonials like this that make our whole effort worth it. So stoked to hear that your buddy loves to eat well. Please stop by our pits at a Supercross or Outdoor event this year to say hello. Thanks Matt Fisher.

Throw up a pic of him with his BLUE Buffalo bag if you can. Would love to send to BLUE to show their money is well spent with us. Thanks again, sir.

Keep up with us at: www.visiblemoto.blogspot.com or http://bluebuffalo.com/about-us/blue-buffalo-racing-schedule/ (soon to have all team updates)
Randy Savage
3/12/2015 5:20am
Hey Slater Skins

Have you been following the Moto America developments? The new road racing series headed up by Wayne Rainey. I mention this because they are probably going to have a spec 250/300 class with those cbr250s and ninja 300s. Have you considered potentially developing race fairings or anything like that for those bikes in anticipation for market demand? I realize you do injection molded plastic, but the process for those fairings has to be something you can do in your facilities.

I like what you guys do and just want to see you be commercially successful. I see a niche there for you.
deadking
Fantasy
533rd
3/12/2015 5:38am
Hey Slater Skins Have you been following the Moto America developments? The new road racing series headed up by Wayne Rainey. I mention this because they...
Hey Slater Skins

Have you been following the Moto America developments? The new road racing series headed up by Wayne Rainey. I mention this because they are probably going to have a spec 250/300 class with those cbr250s and ninja 300s. Have you considered potentially developing race fairings or anything like that for those bikes in anticipation for market demand? I realize you do injection molded plastic, but the process for those fairings has to be something you can do in your facilities.

I like what you guys do and just want to see you be commercially successful. I see a niche there for you.
Thanks for the heads up Savage. Street bikes/Road Racing is something we surely get into in the future, as we have already been speaking with a couple teams, but for now our 100% focus is on Supercross/Motocross and possibly very soon again you could see us back in the FMX/X-Games arena on some notable riders. Things are really taking off for us and we can't thank you enough for your support and ideas.

racer369
3/12/2015 6:42am
It doesn't look bad. Its just the Big square logo that makes it look weird.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
3/12/2015 8:07am
I hope this product keeps moving forward and develops.

Change sometimes is hard to do but if this helps race teams sustain themselves properly than it is a good change.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
3/12/2015 8:13am
deadking wrote:
The BLUE Buffalo/Slater Skins/Yamaha Team would like to give a shout out to MXA for thinking of us yesterday. http://motocrossactionmag.com/home-page/mxas-gyro-gearloose-invention-of-the-day-nascar-has-hoods-motocross-doesnt The fact that one of the...
The BLUE Buffalo/Slater Skins/Yamaha Team would like to give a shout out to MXA for thinking of us yesterday.

The fact that one of the big four (Yamaha) is backing our team, that aren't going to look anything like stock bikes, is a 20 year mountain climbed. This program still has years of development ahead of it but will be put on the AMA Supercross stage very soon. We look forward to the release of the 2015 Slater Skins and Shields at Arlington, TX with #244 Ryan Zimmer (250 East) and #58 Killy Rusk (450). Rusk rode awesome at the Anaheim opener but came up short on qualifying for possibly the most competitive 450 main event, ever. Rusk will be hunting for a top 22 spot in Phoenix for sure. Great effort at A1 and best of luck in Phoenix Killy!

I've seen no mention of Killy for a while?
Olson
3/12/2015 8:14am
I still think it looks like a speedway bike. Was amazed when I saw him turn right.
deadking
Fantasy
533rd
3/12/2015 10:12am
deadking wrote:
The BLUE Buffalo/Slater Skins/Yamaha Team would like to give a shout out to MXA for thinking of us yesterday. http://motocrossactionmag.com/home-page/mxas-gyro-gearloose-invention-of-the-day-nascar-has-hoods-motocross-doesnt The fact that one of the...

ML512 wrote:
I've seen no mention of Killy for a while?
As the season progressed, the direction of our respective efforts wasn't the same so we made a decision to go with only one rider. We wish Killy Rusk the best in his future racing endeavors. He did well at Daytona.
3/12/2015 4:05pm
Tyler, Our pets (4 dogs and 3 cats ) have been on the Blue Wilderness for a couple years.
They love the shit out of it.

The smallest one is mega picky and we've tried EVERYTHING and he loves the Blue Small Breed wet and dry food.

I'm glad they support the sport and I hope someone from the companies corporate offices sees this thread! Make it happen.

I'm damn proud and happy to know where a bit of my money is going!! And its a good place.

yz414
3/12/2015 6:19pm
I like the idea but the front looks awkward/clunky sides look great though
slipdog
3/12/2015 6:52pm
Totally off topic, but I was talking to a guy on Wednesday and he mentioned you. Did you get your name from the Red Bluff fair race?
deadking
Fantasy
533rd
3/13/2015 4:49am
slipdog wrote:
Totally off topic, but I was talking to a guy on Wednesday and he mentioned you. Did you get your name from the Red Bluff fair...
Totally off topic, but I was talking to a guy on Wednesday and he mentioned you. Did you get your name from the Red Bluff fair race?
i did
chuckdavies
3/13/2015 5:12am
That front end looks like a speedway bike?

Are there any benefits of running this? Surely things stay hot under there?

Post a reply to: MXA Invention of The Day!

The Latest