BIG NEWS at #1 Gear company in Industry

Ride Smooth
Edited Date/Time 2/19/2014 7:55pm
I might be out of the loop but has anyone else heard about this? Anybody know where Pete is headed? I have been fortunate enough to know Pete since he barely took over the design dept. at Fox and man did he do a FANTASTIC job. He is a BIG part of the success of the Fox brand.

http://www.shop-eat-surf.com/2014/02/pete-fox-out-nick-adcock-in-as-fox…

PRESS RELEASE

IRVINE, CA. — Feb. 18, 2014 — Fox Head Inc. today announces its Board of Directors has appointed Nick Adcock as Chief Executive Officer effective immediately following the resignation of Pete Fox. Adcock has served as non-executive board member with the company since January 2010.

“Nick was an easy choice for us to make," said Geoff Fox, Fox Head’s founder and member of the board of directors.

"His global executive experience within the action sports industry, combined with his four years working on our board allows him to hit the ground running. We are confident that with his vision and experience the Fox brand will realize its full potential.”

Adcock has worked extensively with the executive team on developing the global brand strategy for Fox and has been active in the development of operational infrastructure to support this plan since joining the board in 2010.

During his 30-year career, Adcock has worked globally in executive roles with traditional and action sports brands.

He served as Global President of DC Shoes where he oversaw their evolution to a global action sport brand from a U.S. skate shoe company, growing annual revenue to $465 million from $150 million in less than five years.

“The leadership position Fox has created during its 40 years in motocross allows us a platform and an innovation mindset that many in the action sports industry can only dream of," said Adcock.

"It is an honor to lead this amazing brand and work with the talented and passionate people we have at Fox.”
About Fox Head

Founded in 1974, Fox Head Inc. has maintained its position as the innovation leader in the MX industry by designing and producing motocross protection and apparel for the world’s best riders. Building off this athlete-driven design philosophy the company has expanded its activity and products into MTB, BMX, Surf and Wakeboarding.
|
JOHN CHOATE
2/18/2014 12:37pm
There are a # of changes happening within that company. Whistling
ML512
Fantasy
54th
2/18/2014 1:00pm
Dun dun.... I was wondering when this was gonna happen, there has been allot of weird stuff going down there recently...

The Shop

mirramaxx
2/18/2014 2:18pm
Interesting just picked up some 2013 gear... need to re release
ocscottie
2/18/2014 2:25pm
Pete is about as cool as they come, the whole family are good people.

Check this out from his IG:

foxpetefox I designed the Fox zebra print gear when I was 18 years old and dreamed big. Before that all MX gear was solid primary colors. When I first showed this design, everyone thought I was crazy. No one supported it. Not even people at Fox. I believed in my heart, and I fought hard to bring it to life. By the end of the first year it was Fox's best selling gear of all time. It also forever changed the way people thought of Fox. We were no longer a "me too" brand. We became an innovator and leader, and the brand changed from that one design.

FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
2/18/2014 3:54pm
Maybe he just wants to refocus on the design stuff and leave the CEO business stuff to someone else. They're privately owned, right?
Ride Smooth
2/18/2014 4:02pm
FTE - that's what I thought too when I first read it. I guess he could just be stepping down as CEO but not actually leaving the company. It doesn't mention anything about leaving the company.
And yes, they are currently privately owned.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
2/18/2014 4:04pm Edited Date/Time 2/18/2014 4:06pm
Maybe he just wants to refocus on the design stuff and leave the CEO business stuff to someone else. They're privately owned, right?
Fox is privately owned, I don't think going public would have much benefit as they are worldwide and top of the market.
Jesse318NW
2/18/2014 4:22pm
ML512 wrote:
Dun dun.... I was wondering when this was gonna happen, there has been allot of weird stuff going down there recently...
Interesting. Did he recently move from the Bay Area down to Southern California with the HQ move?

I thought it was interesting he pushes this IVI vision brand when Fox makes sunglasses.
newmann
2/18/2014 5:41pm
Fox Head, Fox Tail. A head with a tail is better than a head without a tail.

1+1>2

1+1=4

I learned a few things. Not only do they have an incredible brand, they're also good people. Funny that Geoff couldn't imagine that Fox Head logo actually cost him $350.00 to have designed. Too much money! Laughing
JW381
2/18/2014 5:45pm
ocscottie wrote:
Pete is about as cool as they come, the whole family are good people. Check this out from his IG: [b]foxpetefox [/b][i]I designed the Fox zebra...

foxpetefox I designed the Fox zebra print gear when I was 18 years old and dreamed big. Before that all MX gear was solid primary colors. When I first showed this design, everyone thought I was crazy. No one supported it. Not even people at Fox. I believed in my heart, and I fought hard to bring it to life. By the end of the first year it was Fox's best selling gear of all time. It also forever changed the way people thought of Fox. We were no longer a "me too" brand. We became an innovator and leader, and the brand changed from that one design.

Awesome. I'm wearing a "SEATTLE" shirt I bought at a local shop during SX last year, and the sole reason I bought it was because it reminded me of JS's pink zebra gear. Yes, I'm wearing a shirt with "Seattle" written on it in zebra patterned font with pink outline Cool
hvaughn88
2/18/2014 7:32pm
ocscottie wrote:
Pete is about as cool as they come, the whole family are good people. Check this out from his IG: [b]foxpetefox [/b][i]I designed the Fox zebra...

JW381 wrote:
Awesome. I'm wearing a "SEATTLE" shirt I bought at a local shop during SX last year, and the sole reason I bought it was because it...
Awesome. I'm wearing a "SEATTLE" shirt I bought at a local shop during SX last year, and the sole reason I bought it was because it reminded me of JS's pink zebra gear. Yes, I'm wearing a shirt with "Seattle" written on it in zebra patterned font with pink outline Cool
Hahaha that's awesome. You should get one of those blue and black tie-died shirts with a wolf howling at the moon to complete the wardrobe for the week
JW381
2/18/2014 7:37pm
ocscottie wrote:

JW381 wrote:
Awesome. I'm wearing a "SEATTLE" shirt I bought at a local shop during SX last year, and the sole reason I bought it was because it...
hvaughn88 wrote:
Hahaha that's awesome. You should get one of those blue and black tie-died shirts with a wolf howling at the moon to complete the wardrobe for...
Hahaha that's awesome. You should get one of those blue and black tie-died shirts with a wolf howling at the moon to complete the wardrobe for the week
Already way ahead of you man!
hvaughn88
2/18/2014 7:38pm
JW381 wrote:
hvaughn88 wrote:
Hahaha that's awesome. You should get one of those blue and black tie-died shirts with a wolf howling at the moon to complete the wardrobe for...
JW381 wrote:
Already way ahead of you man!
Right on!
Brtp4
2/18/2014 9:42pm Edited Date/Time 2/18/2014 10:20pm
Wow. Any insight about why this happened or what lead up to it?

BP

Post a reply to: BIG NEWS at #1 Gear company in Industry

The Latest