Axell hodges has some skill

snyder123
11/10/2016 8:45pm

This kid has some amazing talent.
|
tobz
11/10/2016 9:03pm Edited Date/Time 11/10/2016 9:04pm
I enjoy the odd instagram clip that he appears in.

I don't quite get the sandshoe /shorts riding a big bike with little nose wheelies but I guess I'm getting old and less bro
moscrop940
11/10/2016 11:16pm
tobz wrote:
I enjoy the odd instagram clip that he appears in. I don't quite get the sandshoe /shorts riding a big bike with little nose wheelies but...

I don't quite get the sandshoe /shorts riding a big bike with little nose wheelies but I guess I'm getting old and less bro
It's not just you.

Granted the kid has some incredible skill, and I would never take that from him.

It just seems like the whole dirt shark crew acts a little "too cool for school" in my opinion.
kmp1219
11/11/2016 5:00am
If his brother wasnt Dirt shark he would just be another local B class sandbagger who can throw a nice whip.
kkawboy14
11/11/2016 5:03am
kmp1219 wrote:
If his brother wasnt Dirt shark he would just be another local B class sandbagger who can throw a nice whip.
That kid has way more skilz than the local B rider!

The Shop

slumpstone
11/11/2016 5:52am
kmp1219 wrote:
Haha so true
GregDVT
11/11/2016 7:41am
kmp1219 wrote:
Did you see how big he was sending it during the High Rollers Quarter Pipe Contest? Pretty sure he also placed top 10 at the Freestone national a few years back.

While his brother and father have certainly helped his exposure, his skill can't be denied.
kawirider819
11/11/2016 8:01am
kmp1219 wrote:
GregDVT wrote:
Did you see how big he was sending it during the High Rollers Quarter Pipe Contest? Pretty sure he also placed top 10 at the Freestone...
Did you see how big he was sending it during the High Rollers Quarter Pipe Contest? Pretty sure he also placed top 10 at the Freestone national a few years back.

While his brother and father have certainly helped his exposure, his skill can't be denied.
The freestone amateur national?
peelout
11/11/2016 8:17am
tobz wrote:
I enjoy the odd instagram clip that he appears in. I don't quite get the sandshoe /shorts riding a big bike with little nose wheelies but...

moscrop940 wrote:
It's not just you. Granted the kid has some incredible skill, and I would never take that from him. It just seems like the whole dirt...
It's not just you.

Granted the kid has some incredible skill, and I would never take that from him.

It just seems like the whole dirt shark crew acts a little "too cool for school" in my opinion.
if peeing your pants is cool, call me Miles Davis
RPM68
11/11/2016 8:28am
peelout wrote:
lmao, #micdrop #billymadison
11/11/2016 9:00am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2016 9:00am
peelout wrote:
moscrop940
11/11/2016 11:23am
kmp1219 wrote:
GregDVT wrote:
Did you see how big he was sending it during the High Rollers Quarter Pipe Contest? Pretty sure he also placed top 10 at the Freestone...

I don't think he has ever raced a pro national, let alone a top 10
solbikerider
Fantasy
2415th
11/11/2016 12:04pm

Seriously. Kid has some skill.

Also, long time lurker on the forum, first comment.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1704th
11/11/2016 2:30pm
I don't know Axell at all, but very few are as fun to watch as he is.

As far as the "local B rider" comment... He was a C class Loretta's champion and backed it up with a 2nd the following year in the B class. HIs results there in 14 and 15 in the A classes weren't awesome, but he was still mid-pack. I think that more than qualifies his talents as better than a "local B rider".

I don't understand the bashing that goes on when guys are able to build an audience and following using a dirt bike doing something other than racing. Would you rather he chase the nationals as a privateer getting zero exposure, eating rocks midpack, and making zero dollars until leaving the sport? I'm glad he found a niche and I can log on every now and again and see some creative riding.

/offthesoapbox
snyder123
11/11/2016 11:12pm
tobz wrote:

moscrop940 wrote:
It's not just you. Granted the kid has some incredible skill, and I would never take that from him. It just seems like the whole dirt...
It's not just you.

I was thinking the same thing on the too cool for school part
mxjon454
11/12/2016 12:48am
Why didn't he purse a sx and mx career instead of just freeriding? Even tyler bereman has raced some sx. Always wondered that about axel. It seemed like he was making an attempt at racing pro and then was just only freeriding. Anyone know why?
KirkChandler
Fantasy
357th
11/12/2016 1:02am
mxjon454 wrote:
Why didn't he purse a sx and mx career instead of just freeriding? Even tyler bereman has raced some sx. Always wondered that about axel. It...
Why didn't he purse a sx and mx career instead of just freeriding? Even tyler bereman has raced some sx. Always wondered that about axel. It seemed like he was making an attempt at racing pro and then was just only freeriding. Anyone know why?
He broke his femur pretty bad a year or so ago and that set back his racing career. After that crash he really hasn't raced much even though he got his SX points from Arenacross.
mxjon454
11/12/2016 1:27am
mxjon454 wrote:
Why didn't he purse a sx and mx career instead of just freeriding? Even tyler bereman has raced some sx. Always wondered that about axel. It...
He broke his femur pretty bad a year or so ago and that set back his racing career. After that crash he really hasn't raced much...
He broke his femur pretty bad a year or so ago and that set back his racing career. After that crash he really hasn't raced much even though he got his SX points from Arenacross.
Thank you, didn't know that. Id like to see him out there at A1, wonder if he'll try racing some sx events.
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2520th
11/12/2016 9:28am
I don't think he's fast enough to race professionally. I'm not a big fan of the new wave moto bros, but he's got style and skill. You can't fault the guy for making the most of his riding and persona to earn a living on a dirt bike. That's the dream, after all.
GregDVT
11/12/2016 9:31am
kmp1219 wrote:
GregDVT wrote:

The freestone amateur national?
Yes the amateur national
kkawboy14
11/12/2016 10:44am
mxjon454 wrote:
Mookie can't even get paid!
11/12/2016 11:29am

Wow...what continues to blow me away is the fact people actually take their time to address this ridiculous topic. The fact he gets any attention at all is why Moto as a sport will never have the respect it deserves. Another short lived 'side-show' at the Moto Circus !!

Post a reply to: Axell hodges has some skill

The Latest