Australia's lack of live Supercross

Edited Date/Time 1/10/2015 3:55am
Does anyone know what the hell is going on? It was the highest rated event in its time slot the last couple of years and yet now we don't get it live.

Is it because Speed is gone? Has anyone spoken to anyone who would know wtf is going on?
|
Tonynz
1/9/2015 4:58pm
Does anyone know what the hell is going on? It was the highest rated event in its time slot the last couple of years and yet...
Does anyone know what the hell is going on? It was the highest rated event in its time slot the last couple of years and yet now we don't get it live.

Is it because Speed is gone? Has anyone spoken to anyone who would know wtf is going on?
Might have something to do with the NFL, and college football on ESPN, once they are all done it should be live, we have same problem here in NZ, we are getting the same feed as you guys from ESPN.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
1/9/2015 5:54pm
I tried to contact Foxtel and ESPN on all fronts in the lead up to A1, only response I got back the generic - The first round of the supercross will be on a short Delay (4.5hours!) due to conflicting programming with NFL and NBA events.

Pretty much we got the NFL is more important than SX response!

you only have to look at the ESPN Aus/NZ twitter and facebook pages to see they are all about the NBA, NFL and Soccer.

Not one tweet or post about the Supercross all last weekend!

The Shop

Brent
1/9/2015 6:53pm
I didn't think any one gave a shit about the NFL in Oz, is it on tv a lot down there guys?
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
1/9/2015 6:59pm Edited Date/Time 1/9/2015 7:00pm
Brent wrote:
I didn't think any one gave a shit about the NFL in Oz, is it on tv a lot down there guys?
its on a bit, its not that popular that i know of, here is NZ we had this problem last year but australia did not, we got a second espn channel this year which made me hope we would have all rounds live as aussie did last year,

you just have to roll with the punches, and add "drink when the stream drops out" to your ronnie mac SX drinking game
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
1/9/2015 7:06pm
Brent wrote:
One of our commercial stations just picked up live NFL games... I had no idea it was so popular either???
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
1/10/2015 12:55am
When i was in high school some 20-25 years ago, it was pretty popular, there was a weekly half hour show on either ABC I think it was hosted by Don Lane ( I think) and they would play Game of the Week in full.

Now back then there was only 3 commercial channels, along with ABC and SBS in Australia, so five channels in total, no cable, no Pay TV. So to get any air time was a big thing for a sport.

I was a Dolphins fan back in the day!

Probably why I like my little mans first set of MX gear so much.
jock
Fantasy
1st
1/10/2015 1:09am
It's just bullshit Aaryn. I am ready for the live stream tomorrow though.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
1/10/2015 2:15am
I am going riding Jock, will watch it online when I get home.

Every track in South Aus has been ripped and prepped, just have to choose a track and enjoy the day, then come home and continuing enjoying the day.

Moto Sunday Smile
SwapperMX
1/10/2015 3:55am
Brent wrote:
EZZA 95B wrote:
One of our commercial stations just picked up live NFL games... I had no idea it was so popular either???
It's absolute bullshit !! And the sport itself aint popular at all. What is popular is loads of maggots gamble on it, that is the only reason they want to show all the games live. Makes me mad !!

Post a reply to: Australia's lack of live Supercross

The Latest