Augusta/Columbia/Charlotte riding?

KLM85
Edited Date/Time 11/3/2015 5:04am
I live in Aiken, SC and have a good friend in Charlotte. Both of us are newer to the area and looking for tracks/trails. Near Charlotte the options seem limited. He rode clubmx's practice track and I've been to Durhamtown and Carolina adventure world.

Is TNT closed? Went there but sign saying closed until further notice was up. No answer on the hotline.

What other options are there in or between Augusta and Charlotte? Any tracks with lighting? Anything close to Columbia?

We're both from AZ so all the land being private and tracks without lighting is an adjustment. Love the soil and scenery here though and Itching to get more riding in.

Thanks!
|
wwoberg
11/2/2015 6:12pm
Go to Georgiaoffroad.com. many many options
bgpn35
11/2/2015 6:20pm
Cathys creek and silver creek are both great tracks with lighting. Cathys creek is in spindale nc, silver creek is close by to cathys creek to. They are not far off of i26 so it shouldn't be a bad trip. My buddy has a amazing private track in Alexis which is 20 min west of Charlotte that I'm sure you could come ride
mxracer32
11/2/2015 7:34pm Edited Date/Time 11/2/2015 7:38pm
Mx421, Daniels ridge, iron city when they're open, center road MX. Also MX 101 in grey court and there's one in edge field. Both of which are run By compound Mx I Believe.

TNT is closed as of right now due to the owner passing. I've heard it will reopen but certain legalities need to happen first.

Bgpn35, I know of the track you mentioned in Alexis. I'm in Stanley and just a few minutes away but haven't been. Had an invite from a friend who rides there but wanted to go by there and talk with the owner prior to just showing up with my bike. If you happen to go out there one day soon let me know.
bgpn35
11/2/2015 8:19pm
mxracer32 wrote:
Mx421, Daniels ridge, iron city when they're open, center road MX. Also MX 101 in grey court and there's one in edge field. Both of which...
Mx421, Daniels ridge, iron city when they're open, center road MX. Also MX 101 in grey court and there's one in edge field. Both of which are run By compound Mx I Believe.

TNT is closed as of right now due to the owner passing. I've heard it will reopen but certain legalities need to happen first.

Bgpn35, I know of the track you mentioned in Alexis. I'm in Stanley and just a few minutes away but haven't been. Had an invite from a friend who rides there but wanted to go by there and talk with the owner prior to just showing up with my bike. If you happen to go out there one day soon let me know.
Ok I will, dm me your contact info. Just curious, what is your friends name, all of us that ride at his house are pretty close and there is a couple more tracks around his place

The Shop

mb
11/2/2015 10:00pm
HRD complex. Close to Columbia, 2 mx tracks, kids track, miles of trails, open 7 days a week and run by some great people. $20 per rider. Hope to see you out there sometime.
Hrdcomplex.com
WSR
11/3/2015 5:04am Edited Date/Time 11/3/2015 5:18am
The best woods riding in the area is an hour north of Charlotte. Brushy Mountain has 70-80 miles of trails, some wide open and some are single track, and some major elevation changes. All the trails are directional and groomed so you don't have to ride in ATV ruts all the time. They have a small MX track too.

http://bmmspark.com/

Post a reply to: Augusta/Columbia/Charlotte riding?

The Latest