Attn. Kids, regarding the FIM...

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
Edited Date/Time 5/22/2015 5:03pm
I get that some of you are upset. But bring a solid argument to the table. Calling the FIM "retarted," "Nazis," or just unleashing a string of expletives isn't enough.

Like I used to tell my son when he was four, "Use your words."
|
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
5/21/2015 5:09pm
This is two wheeled racing.... this isn't NATO. I don't see a reason for a global organization to have oversight on a racing series, albeit a small one, on another continent. That's my one and only gripe, how can they justify the need for the FIM?

Other than that, they're just doing their job as a sanctioning body.
stillwelding
5/21/2015 5:19pm
MxKing809 wrote:
This is two wheeled racing.... this isn't NATO. I don't see a reason for a global organization to have oversight on a racing series, albeit a...
This is two wheeled racing.... this isn't NATO. I don't see a reason for a global organization to have oversight on a racing series, albeit a small one, on another continent. That's my one and only gripe, how can they justify the need for the FIM?

It's the only reason the manufacturers are involved, otherwise they would run the MxKing 809 series and claim the MxKing National Champioship. They want to win titles connected to the international sanctioning body and its related national titles. Myself, I'm the World Champion of welding stuff for Dave Osterman, see what I mean. It doesn't mean anything with out a sanctioning body.
Steve 396
5/21/2015 5:20pm
Would be nice if adult discussion went on here a little more, I agree.

I basically get the reason the FIM was brought in many years ago but I would like to see SX and MX here in the states remain under the control of US companies only. I am tired of the foreign influence. Maybe it was a good idea at the time but why does it have to be from then until the end of time? I have seen nobody say when or if the contract with the FIM expires? Does it ever?

I have no problem with drug testing I our sport, it should be done here, tested here and when someone fails (and there will be another one) all decisions should be made here in a short amount of time like other major sports in the country. I have one more question... Is that too much to ask? I suspect yes.

Thanks for reading....

The Shop

enketchum
5/21/2015 5:24pm Edited Date/Time 5/21/2015 5:25pm
I don't like that FIM has control of riders in a series that they aren't a part of. I don't like that they are punishing James 'a little' for following the rules the way they were written. The FIM writes in their rules that he could race the Nationals during their judgement time.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
5/21/2015 5:24pm
GuyB wrote:
I get that some of you are upset. But bring a solid argument to the table. Calling the FIM "retarted," "Nazis," or just unleashing a string...
I get that some of you are upset. But bring a solid argument to the table. Calling the FIM "retarted," "Nazis," or just unleashing a string of expletives isn't enough.

Like I used to tell my son when he was four, "Use your words."
I mentioned this in another thread.

Mitch Payton and Ozzy have both spoken out about not wanting the FIM involved with Amercan racing, I wonder how many other team managers feel that way? Mike Webb may be another, and DC and AMA pres. voiced their frustrations with them.

Can you answer this under your "shrouded in secrecy" umbrella? Smile

I understand why it would be a touchy subject for you. Smile
Rooster
5/21/2015 5:57pm
The only argument against the enforcement of this rule is:

"B b bb b b b bb but it's James Stewart!"

That's not good enough. James broke the rule and James seems to be nutting up and taking his medicine better than the rest of you are.

Booooo Freaking Hooo! Call a whaaaaaambulance if you're so butt hurt.
Steve 396
5/21/2015 6:07pm
Rooster wrote:
The only argument against the enforcement of this rule is: "B b bb b b b bb but it's James Stewart!" That's not good enough. James...

That's not good enough. James broke the rule and James seems to be nutting up and taking his medicine better than the rest of you are.

Not butt hurt here. It is what it is. Got any answers to my above questions?
Starcrossed
5/21/2015 6:08pm
There should be more representation from the U.S., on the boards and committees that run the F.I.M. Last I checked, there was only one American, a woman whose name I don't recall, with an administrative position within the organization. They don't reflect American cultural values IMHO.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/21/2015 6:11pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
I mentioned this in another thread. [b]Mitch Payton and Ozzy have both spoken out about not wanting the FIM involved with Amercan racing, I wonder how...
I mentioned this in another thread.

Mitch Payton and Ozzy have both spoken out about not wanting the FIM involved with Amercan racing, I wonder how many other team managers feel that way? Mike Webb may be another, and DC and AMA pres. voiced their frustrations with them.

Can you answer this under your "shrouded in secrecy" umbrella? Smile

I understand why it would be a touchy subject for you. Smile
I haven't polled them.
5/21/2015 6:17pm Edited Date/Time 5/21/2015 6:19pm
Why would an American 'company or organisation make this any different? If a rider fails a test then they have failed a test right?? Who says the FIM aren't a part of AMA MX or SX? I'm sure they are very interested in what happens in AMA MX & SX

there are all kinds of things in the world which have a governing body not based in my country ... does that mean they are no good or not taking care of the interests they should?

My other sport Speedway has experienced something similar over the last year with the ultra talented and world class Darcy Ward failing a trackside breath test the afternoon of a World Championship Grand Prix round. Similarly people have hurled insults at the FIM & tried to play down the fact that he failed the test, as something that didn't matter.

The bottom line is that the FIM are doing their jobs of administrating world motorsport no matter how many fans the rider in question has. If this is a whodunnit..... then it aint the FIM..... look no further than the professional motocross rider James Stewart
ACBraap
Fantasy
564th
5/21/2015 6:17pm
Rooster wrote:
The only argument against the enforcement of this rule is: "B b bb b b b bb but it's James Stewart!" That's not good enough. James...

That's one argument. A more rational one is why should the penalty for not doing his TUE paperwork be 1000 times worse than if he'd been caught with a big bore, or illegal fuel, or a host of other violations that could have provided more advantage than his ADD meds.
Brosho
5/21/2015 6:20pm
MxKing809 wrote:
This is two wheeled racing.... this isn't NATO. I don't see a reason for a global organization to have oversight on a racing series, albeit a...

Didn't TFS warn us about this?
5/21/2015 6:22pm
Rooster wrote:

ACBraap wrote:
That's one argument. A more rational one is why should the penalty for not doing his TUE paperwork be 1000 times worse than if he'd been...
That's one argument. A more rational one is why should the penalty for not doing his TUE paperwork be 1000 times worse than if he'd been caught with a big bore, or illegal fuel, or a host of other violations that could have provided more advantage than his ADD meds.
presumably it is down to the various motorsports that the FIM govern, to lobby their feelings on that.

But on that subject a speedway rider was caught with an illegally tampered silencer a few years ago and was banned for the same amount as Bubba is
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
5/21/2015 7:27pm
MxKing809 wrote:

Brosho wrote:
Didn't TFS warn us about this?
Who's TFS? Whistling
motogrady
5/21/2015 7:45pm Edited Date/Time 5/21/2015 7:49pm
There are a few items concerning the FIM and their , ah, interest in American motorcycling that bothers one person.
And this is from an old guard that appreciates, and understands the prestige and history, the FIM brings to a series.

First off, I feel they are fair weather friends that are only in the MX/SX scene to increase their stature and power.
They don't seem to give a crap about American Road Racing. Or Hillclimb. Or Speedway. Or Enduro. Or Dirt Track.
Just the money cows, just the events that pull the masses. If they really cared about motorcycling here in the States,
they would be a bit more involved in a few more venues.

Second, as mentioned before, they don't even have an office here. A place where riders could present and defend their situation. We Have rulings handed down, from a land far, far away, by people that neither live, work or play here. People we here In the States don't know, and had no input on electing to the job. With no real recourse to the issues at hand.

Third, the overwhelming rules and complexity the FIM seems to bring to every series they are associated with.
Anyone read what you need to do to run a team in Motogp?

Forth, for a so called professional organization, they at times can act like a bush league bunch of good old boys.
The dig they thru in about Stewart not doing so well in the races he participated in while under investigation,
the way a phone call from DeCoster can get a fuel violation overturned to win a championship, one would expect those kind of things here in By God West Virginia. But from a so called pinnacle motorcycle Federation? WTF?

I dunno, for what they bring to the table, vs what they impose, they could hit the road back to wherever they came from,
with their arrogant ways, and not be missed by at least one American.
Seamorbutts
5/21/2015 8:07pm Edited Date/Time 5/21/2015 8:08pm
If the person calling the fim retarted is infact retarted himself, does he/she get a pass?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/21/2015 8:09pm
If the person calling the fim retarted is infact retarted himself, does he/she get a pass?
Depends on their retort.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
5/21/2015 8:18pm Edited Date/Time 5/21/2015 8:22pm
It doesn't matter. They are here to stay. It's another strike against US Motocross. Somebody hired them, but no one will own up to it. Other than the 2006 killing of the 2-stroke, I don't think anything that has ever grieved our sport more than the FIM and its handling of the James Stewart incident, and the finger pointing that went on between the promoters and the AMA. It only takes one incident to ruin an organization and I fear this one act of FIM sanctioning is it.

I thought we were done with this whole thing anyway.
jeffro503
5/21/2015 8:23pm
I've been out working all day , but it sounds like I may of missed some drama here at the board.

I hope I don't get flamed to hard for saying this , but having the FIM involved kind of dignifies our motocross racing with the rest of the planet. ( at least that's what it seems like ). I'm on the fence with it to be honest , as I don't like some other organization messing around in our business here in the states , but I also want our series , our sport to be recognized by the rest of the world.

Shit I'm not sure exactly what happened today , but it sounds like a can of worms got opened up.
kiwifan
5/21/2015 9:30pm
Blaming the FIM for JS getting banned or not reducing the ban is wrong on so many levels, I like JS but he lied in his paperwork, lied to FIM, etc so why is that the FIM's fault?
mmitoptech
5/21/2015 9:36pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I've been out working all day , but it sounds like I may of missed some drama here at the board. I hope I don't get...
I've been out working all day , but it sounds like I may of missed some drama here at the board.

I hope I don't get flamed to hard for saying this , but having the FIM involved kind of dignifies our motocross racing with the rest of the planet. ( at least that's what it seems like ). I'm on the fence with it to be honest , as I don't like some other organization messing around in our business here in the states , but I also want our series , our sport to be recognized by the rest of the world.

Shit I'm not sure exactly what happened today , but it sounds like a can of worms got opened up.
Jeffro, in the CAS Award thread, there were pictures of nazis sitting at a table and the usual "F*** the FIM" posts. It got pretty bad and got cleaned up pretty quick.
jeffro503
5/21/2015 9:57pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I've been out working all day , but it sounds like I may of missed some drama here at the board. I hope I don't get...

mmitoptech wrote:
Jeffro, in the CAS Award thread, there were pictures of nazis sitting at a table and the usual "F*** the FIM" posts. It got pretty bad...
Jeffro, in the CAS Award thread, there were pictures of nazis sitting at a table and the usual "F*** the FIM" posts. It got pretty bad and got cleaned up pretty quick.
Ahhh I see. Seems like a few different threads I've gone through tonight , there are guys bringing up a bunch of stuff that went down here today. Mostly over the Stewart and Henry topics. Glad I didn't get sucked into it. Smile
IceMan446
5/21/2015 11:15pm Edited Date/Time 5/21/2015 11:16pm
Rooster wrote:

Do you think the FIM is need in anyway in US MX/SX???
Mit12
5/21/2015 11:18pm
Ignorance, blame the rule enforcers not the offenders. There is only one person to blame for the mess that Stewart is in and that is Stewart. The way you guys are acting shows how OJ got away with murder. Never mind the facts.
2thefront
5/21/2015 11:30pm
Rooster wrote:

IceMan446 wrote:
Do you think the FIM is need in anyway in US MX/SX???
I do. Because there is no sanctioning body that can take over and have as much credibility to enforce rules. No offense to davey or whatever they're passing off as the AMA, but it's a joke.
moto899ca
5/21/2015 11:38pm
Mit12 wrote:
Ignorance, blame the rule enforcers not the offenders. There is only one person to blame for the mess that Stewart is in and that is Stewart...
Ignorance, blame the rule enforcers not the offenders. There is only one person to blame for the mess that Stewart is in and that is Stewart. The way you guys are acting shows how OJ got away with murder. Never mind the facts.
Questioning and criticizing those in power is like the basis of the United States. Its what the country was founded upon. To sit there and say "rules are rules, deal with it" is a very un-american thought process. simply following what some draconian organization says "because they are in power" is pretty effin dumb
2thefront
5/21/2015 11:40pm
Rooster wrote:

ACBraap wrote:
That's one argument. A more rational one is why should the penalty for not doing his TUE paperwork be 1000 times worse than if he'd been...
Because doping is a very hard thing to deal with. You do realize the lengths some athletes go to cheat? Amphetamines can be used as a masking agent for other stuff. TUEs have become very controversial because athletes have figured out the system and they have become easier to get. James May very well be guilty of nothing more than ignorance in this case, but an agency such as WADA has a mission of nothing more than making it less enticing to take PEDs. Because of the lengths other athletes go to cheat, they have forced WADA to be so harsh with penalties. Don't blame them, blame the people that have to cheat.
2thefront
5/21/2015 11:43pm
Mit12 wrote:
Ignorance, blame the rule enforcers not the offenders. There is only one person to blame for the mess that Stewart is in and that is Stewart...
moto899ca wrote:
Questioning and criticizing those in power is like the basis of the United States. Its what the country was founded upon. To sit there and say...
Questioning and criticizing those in power is like the basis of the United States. Its what the country was founded upon. To sit there and say "rules are rules, deal with it" is a very un-american thought process. simply following what some draconian organization says "because they are in power" is pretty effin dumb
It's fine to question, but James signed everything saying that he wasn't taking medication and that he had read the code. It's pretty bad that an athlete of his stature and a guy that has so many people around him didn't read one of the most important codes in his money making profession.

Post a reply to: Attn. Kids, regarding the FIM...

The Latest