Attention Two-Stroke Fans

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
9/12/2014 9:49am Edited Date/Time 9/22/2014 2:59am
Here's a partial list of things that likely won't help two-strokes become more relevant to manufacturers in motocross again.

• Repeatedly harassing DC.
• Dredging up old two-stroke threads.
• Busting out, "...cc vs. cc..." at every opportunity.

Here's a complete list of things that will help make them more relevant to manufacturers.

• Buy a new two-stroke.
• Buy a new two-stroke.
• Buy a new two-stroke.
|
TeamGreen
9/12/2014 9:57am
Pssssst...on a Positive note: I got to meet & help outfit an engineer at the Leatt Inter-bike booth in Vegas, yesterday...

He's Engineering an Injection System for an OEM.

For their 2 stroke motors.

Keep it on the D-L.
olds cool
9/12/2014 10:01am
So you're saying the OEM PTBs read this soap opera?
BobPA
9/12/2014 10:06am
TeamGreen wrote:
Pssssst...on a Positive note: I got to meet & help outfit an engineer at the Leatt Inter-bike booth in Vegas, yesterday... He's Engineering an Injection System...
Pssssst...on a Positive note: I got to meet & help outfit an engineer at the Leatt Inter-bike booth in Vegas, yesterday...

Keep it on the D-L.
I sure hope they come up with a better system then bombardier and Polaris did for their jet skis...
scooter5002
9/12/2014 10:07am
I own 3 of them, looking for a fourth. You don't see me in here every day pipin off about it, or starting lame ass threads stirring up shit. As it should be, you ride, good enough. Stamp it.

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
9/12/2014 10:09am
olds cool wrote:
I'm saying that they know how to read a spreadsheet. What moves the needle?
TeamGreen
I own 3 of them, looking for a fourth. You don't see me in here every day pipin off about it, or starting lame ass threads...
I own 3 of them, looking for a fourth. You don't see me in here every day pipin off about it, or starting lame ass threads stirring up shit. As it should be, you ride, good enough. Stamp it.
But, how do you feel about...oh...I don't know...Air Forks...?

Yes, I'm being a smart-ass.
BobPA wrote:
I sure hope they come up with a better system then bombardier and Polaris did for their jet skis...
Kawasaki's FICHT system was alot better.
olds cool
9/12/2014 10:14am
olds cool wrote:
GuyB wrote:
I'm saying that they know how to read a spreadsheet. What moves the needle?
Most of them will have to read somebody else's spreadsheet then...Cool
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
9/12/2014 10:17am
olds cool wrote:
Most of them will have to read somebody else's spreadsheet then...Cool
True, and none of them have a line showing Craigslist sales. Smile
500guy
9/12/2014 10:24am
That's bullshit, I love 2 strokes and will buy old ones until the dealers are out of Business,

That will force a come back.

Stamp it
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
9/12/2014 10:25am
500guy wrote:
That's bullshit, I love 2 strokes and will buy old ones until the dealers are out of Business,

Stamp it
Sarcasm doesn't work on the web.
ATKpilot99
9/12/2014 11:01am
I don't understand why the non 2 stroke crowd has to come into every 2 stroke thread and make a wise ass comment stirring the hornets nest and bumping the thread to the top of the page . 2 strokes are irrelevant correct ? Why do you bother ?
peelout
9/12/2014 11:05am
i ride what i want to ride, which happens to be a 2-stroke. the 4-stroke has a place in the sport, but not in my garage.
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
9/12/2014 11:07am Edited Date/Time 9/12/2014 11:18am

Just a thought for the admins, look through the forums and there are lots of useful posts on 2 strokes (jetting and such). Maybe worry about some of the dogshit filler, like "I hate 2 strokes because".

No one gives a shit that I have two 2 strokes and no one gives a shit if you hate them.

In summary, a lot of people should GFYM. Smile
markit
9/12/2014 11:09am
KTM, Husky, Gas Gas, TM. There still out there.
BobPA
9/12/2014 11:14am
BobPA wrote:
Kawasaki's FICHT system was alot better.
Sure was...The Polaris (Bosch/Porche) is horridly over complicated, and expensive to fix now.
Katoomey
9/12/2014 11:39am
GuyB wrote:
Here's a partial list of things that likely won't help two-strokes become more relevant to manufacturers in motocross again. • Repeatedly harassing DC. • Dredging up old...
Here's a partial list of things that likely won't help two-strokes become more relevant to manufacturers in motocross again.

Here's a complete list of things that will help make them more relevant to manufacturers.

• Buy a new two-stroke.
• Buy a new two-stroke.
• Buy a new two-stroke.
I've been saying that for over 10 years and said it many times on this board.

The real problem isnt with enthusiasts that frequent moto boards. Its the wankers who aren't familiar with the sport and dont know any better. Like it or not they represent a large portion of mx bike sales.

Even though that sector of buyer has no intentions of riding, racing, or even following and watching professional mx/sx, they are still only going to buy what the top guys in the sport are on and what they see in mx magazines and what not.

This is where i could make an argument that enthusiasts buying 2-strokes isnt enough. You need the average joe blow buying them as well. How is that going to happen when all the mx media and manfacturers really only promote 4-strokes? Enlighten me GuyB...
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
9/12/2014 11:48am
Katoomey wrote:
I've been saying that for over 10 years and said it many times on this board. The real problem isnt with enthusiasts that frequent moto boards...

The real problem isnt with enthusiasts that frequent moto boards. Its the wankers who aren't familiar with the sport and dont know any better. Like it or not they represent a large portion of mx bike sales.

Even though that sector of buyer has no intentions of riding, racing, or even following and watching professional mx/sx, they are still only going to buy what the top guys in the sport are on and what they see in mx magazines and what not.

This is where i could make an argument that enthusiasts buying 2-strokes isnt enough. You need the average joe blow buying them as well. How is that going to happen when all the mx media and manfacturers really only promote 4-strokes? Enlighten me GuyB...
Well, Yamaha's doing a two-stroke intro soon, and we'll be there.

I just suggested that if people want to make two-strokes more relevant to manufacturers, they should buy a new one.

I'm not sure how we really only promote four-strokes, but carry on...
slipdog
9/12/2014 12:01pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Pssssst...on a Positive note: I got to meet & help outfit an engineer at the Leatt Inter-bike booth in Vegas, yesterday... He's Engineering an Injection System...

Keep it on the D-L.
Keep it on the D-L???

9/12/2014 12:23pm
GuyB wrote:
Well, Yamaha's doing a two-stroke intro soon, and we'll be there. I just suggested that if people want to make two-strokes more relevant to manufacturers, they...

I just suggested that if people want to make two-strokes more relevant to manufacturers, they should buy a new one.

New is always great but my budget calls for bringing this moth ball back to life. Can't imagine the cost factor of restoring a 14 yr. old four stroke. The cost of this bike ($800) and new upgraded parts should give me a great bike for less than $2000.

Katoomey
9/12/2014 12:34pm
Katoomey wrote:
I've been saying that for over 10 years and said it many times on this board. The real problem isnt with enthusiasts that frequent moto boards...

GuyB wrote:
Well, Yamaha's doing a two-stroke intro soon, and we'll be there. I just suggested that if people want to make two-strokes more relevant to manufacturers, they...

Thats cool. And i didnt mean that the mx media intentionally only promotes 4-strokes. Its just whats relevant. I wouldn't expect you or any other media outlet to do anything different. That doesnt mean i have like it, or agree with it. The point i was getting at is that for many frustrated 2-stroke fans, harrassing Davey or "dredging up old 2 stroke threads" might be the only way they feel thet can have an effect on rhe situation, other than buying new smokers.
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
9/12/2014 12:45pm
GuyB wrote:

[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/09/12/64985/s1200_crop_0506121432b.jpg[/img] New is always great but my budget calls for bringing this moth ball back to life. Can't imagine the cost factor of restoring a 14...

New is always great but my budget calls for bringing this moth ball back to life. Can't imagine the cost factor of restoring a 14 yr. old four stroke. The cost of this bike ($800) and new upgraded parts should give me a great bike for less than $2000.

No, according to the "formula" you are doing it wrong. If you can only afford to restore an older 2 stroke (that can be restored to a great bike for decent money), then you shouldn't ride period. You should wait and save up 5 years until you can buy a brand new one, and only then can you ride a motocross bike.

/end sarcasm
9/12/2014 1:08pm
seth505 wrote:
No, according to the "formula" you are doing it wrong. If you can only afford to restore an older 2 stroke (that can be restored to...
No, according to the "formula" you are doing it wrong. If you can only afford to restore an older 2 stroke (that can be restored to a great bike for decent money), then you shouldn't ride period. You should wait and save up 5 years until you can buy a brand new one, and only then can you ride a motocross bike.

/end sarcasm
Or finance it for 5 years and start riding now.
burn1986
Fantasy
3280th
9/12/2014 1:24pm Edited Date/Time 9/12/2014 3:18pm
GuyB wrote:
Here's a partial list of things that likely won't help two-strokes become more relevant to manufacturers in motocross again. • Repeatedly harassing DC. • Dredging up old...

• Buy a new two-stroke.
• Buy a new two-stroke.
• Buy a new two-stroke.
Buying a new 2-stroke is not the answer.
9/12/2014 1:41pm Edited Date/Time 9/12/2014 1:41pm
GuyB wrote:

• Buy a new two-stroke.
• Buy a new two-stroke.
• Buy a new two-stroke.
people are stupid, they wont buy a new 2 stroke until they see the pros running them simple as that.

thats why the other people annoy the fuck out of those like DC
Blaze45
9/12/2014 1:41pm
burn1986 wrote:
Buying a new 2-stroke is not the answer.

"There is absolutely nothing that will ever get a 2-stroke equal displacment or an increase in displacement ever again in AMA, FIM, or any other Pro Racing within the continental US."

You make a valid point about the $$ and wallet cause, however I disagree with the above statement. Perhaps we can agree to disagree?
newmann
9/12/2014 1:41pm
I like BBQ.
Sampler at Joel's in Flatonia, Tx.

bd
9/12/2014 1:44pm
GuyB wrote:

• Buy a new two-stroke.
• Buy a new two-stroke.
• Buy a new two-stroke.
x2, and I am a two stroke apologist (although my next bike will be a four stroke).
Ashleymx
9/12/2014 1:45pm
Fact is if everyone keeps hounding DC to have a 125cc class at the Nats then interest will get a massive boost, people will start buying them and so the resurrection continues :-)
9/12/2014 1:46pm
500guy wrote:

Stamp it
not everyone buys new bikes cock sucker

Post a reply to: Attention Two-Stroke Fans

The Latest