Artrax Tires

11/9/2013 7:43pm Edited Date/Time 11/21/2013 2:51pm
I know there was a thread about these tires a while back but I cant seem to find the darn thing. My front tire went flat today while riding, so I decided I might as well give the atrax tire deal at motosport a try. I just want to know what you guys have tried and which ones you like best? My maxis IT front tire always wanted to dive on me in corners, so I could really use some more front traction. I mainly ride a pretty soft track with a some red clay areas. I have a 2006 yz250 btw
|
11/9/2013 8:21pm
I know there was a thread about these tires a while back but I cant seem to find the darn thing. My front tire went flat...
I know there was a thread about these tires a while back but I cant seem to find the darn thing. My front tire went flat today while riding, so I decided I might as well give the atrax tire deal at motosport a try. I just want to know what you guys have tried and which ones you like best? My maxis IT front tire always wanted to dive on me in corners, so I could really use some more front traction. I mainly ride a pretty soft track with a some red clay areas. I have a 2006 yz250 btw
Your tire dives in corners? What does that mean?
11/9/2013 8:39pm
Your tire dives in corners? What does that mean?
Sorry, I meant to say my front end tends to dive or push on the entrance to corners.
Beast666
11/9/2013 9:08pm
Sounds like your forks are too soft along with they wrong tire for the conditions you are riding in I.E. sand tire on hard pack.
11/10/2013 6:24am
Beast666 wrote:
Sounds like your forks are too soft along with they wrong tire for the conditions you are riding in I.E. sand tire on hard pack.
I don't have enough money to get the suspension set up for me, and im not very good when it comes to adjusting the clickers. The tire I had on their was designed for intermediate and soft terrain. Which should be perfect for my track

The Shop

tmauto769
Fantasy
1265th
11/10/2013 7:57am
I tried the SX1 tires last weekend for the first time. I think they are pretty good, I actually liked the front better than the MX31 I had on there, but that might have just been the particular track I was on. I tried the Sedona tires before and these Artrax are hands down better and they are lighter too. I think for local guys just racing on weekends or just riding practice track they are just fine, I would buy them again for sure.
11/10/2013 8:27am
tmauto769 wrote:
I tried the SX1 tires last weekend for the first time. I think they are pretty good, I actually liked the front better than the MX31...
I tried the SX1 tires last weekend for the first time. I think they are pretty good, I actually liked the front better than the MX31 I had on there, but that might have just been the particular track I was on. I tried the Sedona tires before and these Artrax are hands down better and they are lighter too. I think for local guys just racing on weekends or just riding practice track they are just fine, I would buy them again for sure.
What kind of dirt was on the track? I'm thinking im gonna try the Mx pro front and back. I haven't raced in over a year, so it sounds like these tires should be perfect for meSmile
JM485
11/10/2013 8:39am
tmauto769 wrote:
I tried the SX1 tires last weekend for the first time. I think they are pretty good, I actually liked the front better than the MX31...
I was thinking about trying these tires as well, how were they to mount onto the rims?
11/10/2013 8:45am
After reading a few reviews on Motosport, I'm planning on going with the TG4 for the front and Mx Pro for the rear. Has anybody tried either of those on here?
11/10/2013 9:05am
I tried a set of Artrax tyres back in 2010 on an rm125 and they seemed good to begin with but wore out extremely quickly in comparison to the Maxxis tyres which I usually use. They may have improved a lot since then but judging from that set I wouldn't buy them again.
Bodieg3
11/10/2013 10:55am
Running mxpro rear on my modded 07 kx450 n inital wear was quick but been holding up well since have 8-10 rides on it haven't noticed much traction loss at all since 1-2nd ride . Mounted just as easy as bridgestones I took off . Anyone ran mxpro on front yet
Shawn142
11/10/2013 10:58am
I've been running Artrax for a few months now. The MX Pro front definitely doesn't have the same lateral traction as an MX31. I will push the front into turns if I'm riding aggressive. But it's certainly not bad. The quality of the tire is solid and the sidewalls aren't breaking down. I'd call it a small step back from name brand stuff but at half the price.
11/10/2013 12:03pm
Keep2strokesalive, if ur suspension isn't set up properly it doesn't matter what tire u have on it. Set ur sag. Put all ur clickers in their neutral position, and go from there. You all be amazed on how sag alone can effect the handling of your bike
11/10/2013 4:03pm
I just now ordered the Mx pro Rear tire and TG4 front tire. I'll give you guys a ride report after my first ride.
tmauto769
Fantasy
1265th
11/10/2013 8:17pm
tmauto769 wrote:
JM485 wrote:
I was thinking about trying these tires as well, how were they to mount onto the rims?
A little harder than say bridgestones or dunlops, but not near as bad as the sedonas. I would say about equal to a maxxis, not easy, but not unbearable. Just keep the bead lubed and it will go ok.
JM485
11/10/2013 8:20pm
tmauto769 wrote:
A little harder than say bridgestones or dunlops, but not near as bad as the sedonas. I would say about equal to a maxxis, not easy...
A little harder than say bridgestones or dunlops, but not near as bad as the sedonas. I would say about equal to a maxxis, not easy, but not unbearable. Just keep the bead lubed and it will go ok.
Thanks for the info.
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
11/10/2013 8:29pm
I put a mxpro on the rear of my 125. I commented that it didn't seem to have quite the same lateral traction of dunlop/bridgestone I usually run. I'm not sure I'd try a front at this point but would buy another rear.
Highsider
11/11/2013 9:54am
Anthrax tires?
MMCDan
11/11/2013 12:46pm
Never again. I have a brand new set for a 450 that I will give away for free (if you live by me) or ship (if you pay for shipping).
11/11/2013 2:03pm
MMCDan wrote:
Never again. I have a brand new set for a 450 that I will give away for free (if you live by me) or ship (if...
Never again. I have a brand new set for a 450 that I will give away for free (if you live by me) or ship (if you pay for shipping).
Which set did you order?
fanopj1
11/12/2013 10:57am
MMCDan wrote:
Never again. I have a brand new set for a 450 that I will give away for free (if you live by me) or ship (if...
I'll take them from you. Where are you located?
11/13/2013 5:27pm
TG4 front tire

MX Pro rear tire

The front tire looks a little skinny but has a nice tread pattern. The rear tire has a nice tread pattern and looks pretty dang good. I can't wait to try them out

Post a reply to: Artrax Tires

The Latest