Atlanta Supercross pit passes ?

354racing
Edited Date/Time 2/15/2017 4:17am
can you get in with monster cans this year? Any other way to get them?
|
2/15/2017 9:58am Edited Date/Time 2/15/2017 9:59am
I seriously hope they nix the free admission with the monster can thing this year... I'm expecting it to be highest attendance in history due to the whole MOTOFEST weekend thing. The ATL pits are always so crowded that you can hardly move around let alone take time to observe whats going on at the various teams. They're selling pit passes on ticketmaster for $20, which I will gladly pay if it means the pits aren't packed with elbows and assholes like usual. Plus that seems pretty jacked up to charge $20 up front then let people in for free essentially anyways...

Can anyone confirm what the deal is this year?? Tons of money to be made at $20/pop. I just wanna post up and watch DeCoster eat a sandwich without getting an elbow to the back every 10 seconds. Is that too much to ask??
Tpog496
2/15/2017 10:02am Edited Date/Time 2/15/2017 10:04am
I seriously hope they nix the free admission with the monster can thing this year... I'm expecting it to be highest attendance in history due to...
I seriously hope they nix the free admission with the monster can thing this year... I'm expecting it to be highest attendance in history due to the whole MOTOFEST weekend thing. The ATL pits are always so crowded that you can hardly move around let alone take time to observe whats going on at the various teams. They're selling pit passes on ticketmaster for $20, which I will gladly pay if it means the pits aren't packed with elbows and assholes like usual. Plus that seems pretty jacked up to charge $20 up front then let people in for free essentially anyways...

Can anyone confirm what the deal is this year?? Tons of money to be made at $20/pop. I just wanna post up and watch DeCoster eat a sandwich without getting an elbow to the back every 10 seconds. Is that too much to ask??
Monster cans for admission at Dallas. I think.

The Shop

2/15/2017 10:18am
I didn't complain about it last year because it was free pit passes (well, the cost of dumping 3 Monsters out). Ticket prices are expensive enough. I won't risk paying $20 per pit ticket for what I experienced last year. That was madness. We waited what seemed like forever to even get into where the rigs are. Which were parked way too close together. It was way too crowded to even see a rider or their bikes. Then when leaving we had to wait in line to get back into the stadium all over again.

Maybe there was a better way about it but I think I'll skip out on the pits this year. Wait to see what they do next year. I can't imagine they will keep them in that convention center next year, will they? Dry I hope the new stadium has an area for them to park like Edward Jones Dome did. So you don't have to even leave the stadium.
2/15/2017 10:24am
"Go to any participating Atlanta MetroPCS location for your FREE voucher to SAVE BIG at MOTOFEST. Buy 1 ticket and Get 1 FREE. See voucher for details. While supplies last."

Is that for SX event tickets!?
Roostermx58
2/15/2017 10:30am
Our tickets apparently include the pit pass as well. I would check your tickets to see if this is accurate for yours.
2/15/2017 10:32am Edited Date/Time 2/15/2017 10:33am
Oh fuck me...

No entry is allowed into the Fan Fest without an event ticket plus $20.00 Pit Pass. Autographs are not guaranteed. Fans can gain FREE entry into the Fan Fest if they bring a can of Monster Energy to the GWCC with an event ticket. One can per entry.

Literally pissed off about this. What the fuck kind of business model is that anyways - pay us $20 to get in; but we'll accept an empty can you probably got for free as payment too. I get that the more people in the "fan fest" means more eyeballs and exposure on the brands there, but seems almost counterproductive when it's as much of a total SHIT SHOW as it always is, especially this year. I'm taking my fiance to her first SX and really wanted her to get the vibe of the pits.... guess we'll have to hit that the second they open at 12
Giygas
Fantasy
1047th
2/15/2017 10:37am
354racing wrote:
can you get in with monster cans this year? Any other way to get them?
In Dallas, you could get in with a Monster can, but the lines were so long it was taking ~30-45 mins to get in. Just pay $10 and you can walk right in.
2/15/2017 10:42am
The "Preshow Pit Party from 12-6PM" is the same thing as the Fan Fest correct??? 99% sure, just confirming
Jmicmoto13
2/15/2017 11:50am
Monster can gets you into the pits. And I'm sure there will be more free Monster inside at the Monster set up.
Jmicmoto13
2/15/2017 11:52am
We typically grab breakfast then head that way around 10:30 and mingle/ stand in line to enter pits. I'd rather get in and see all the sights then head to stadium and chill out the rest of the time before racing.
sam hain
2/15/2017 12:35pm
I've been to the Atlanta race over 20 times and I can count on about two fingers how many times I've been to the pits. Just too crowded for me, I don't do well walking shoulder to shoulder like sardines in a can just trying to look at bikes. Not the mention the 2hr line just to get in. They really need to re-think the pits come next year with the new stadium. I actually have two pit passes I'll give away if someone wants them.
mayzo
2/15/2017 12:44pm
Giygas wrote:
In Dallas, you could get in with a Monster can, but the lines were so long it was taking ~30-45 mins to get in. Just pay...
In Dallas, you could get in with a Monster can, but the lines were so long it was taking ~30-45 mins to get in. Just pay $10 and you can walk right in.
We paid the $10, easier for us to do at Dallas. Got there early just before the first practice session started. No crowds what so ever so we got up close to every team Rig. Checked out all the privateers and had a chat as well as they deserve attention and someone wishing them good luck.
trevor310mx
Fantasy
3280th
2/15/2017 2:14pm
I emailed SX Live and a monster can will get you in.
2/15/2017 5:05pm
I think it was mentioned, but can anyone confirm that there usually is separate access lines for people who PAID for a pit pass versus people using a monster can???
wwoberg
2/15/2017 5:30pm
If you get there early, the pits are not too crowded. We usually hit the pits around 1. Then leave and watch the second sessions of practice. Then a short walk to CNN center. Bite to eat and reduced price beer, then back to stadium.

Post a reply to: Atlanta Supercross pit passes ?

The Latest