Arnaud Tonus 2015 250 Champ

machine
10/1/2014 5:52pm Edited Date/Time 10/2/2014 9:49am
Since he was the closest to the MX God Herlings before he and Herlings got hurt, he must be a shoe in for the AMA Championship according to Euro logic...Whistling

After all, if Herlings would have shown up at the MXDN this year, he would have cleaned house....soooo...Tonus must be faster than all those slow Americans.

Give him the #1 plate stat.....
|
Zracer
10/1/2014 6:05pm
I wouldnt be at all suprised if Tonus scored a top 5 in SX.
JB479
10/1/2014 6:08pm
Can someone please explain to me what's the point of this thread?
machine
10/1/2014 6:12pm
Is this suppose to be humour or are you still upset about the MXdN result?
Just trying to use Brit logic to determine the new champ is all. After all, i've heard for a week now that because we got beat at the MXDN, that the GP riders are faster than AMA riders, so i figured I'd use that same logic to crown the new champ. Grinning

The Shop

Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
10/1/2014 6:17pm
How about give the guy a chance and see what he looks like? He also has to get through SX first.

I figured he was from France but I think he's Swiss.
10/1/2014 6:23pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2014 6:30pm
machine wrote:
Just trying to use Brit logic to determine the new champ is all. After all, i've heard for a week now that because we got beat...
Just trying to use Brit logic to determine the new champ is all. After all, i've heard for a week now that because we got beat at the MXDN, that the GP riders are faster than AMA riders, so i figured I'd use that same logic to crown the new champ. Grinning
Although I wasn't one of the people who said that, maybe if we didn't constantly hear from a lot of American fans on here about how much faster their riders are, you wouldn't get any bullshit back when they get beat.
10/1/2014 6:24pm
He is from Switzerland. I hope to God they assimilate him to SX better than has been seen in the past. Don't want to see another Euro- casualty after moving to USA.
10/1/2014 6:58pm
machine wrote:
Just trying to use Brit logic to determine the new champ is all. After all, i've heard for a week now that because we got beat...
There is no "Brit logic" douche bag. The GP riders are as good as or better than the AMA riders...period. And it's a good thing because it raises the level of competition for everyone.
Gringoe
10/1/2014 7:03pm
Stupid fucking thread..
machine
10/1/2014 7:17pm
Oh lighten up sheesh....

Here is some interesting feedback from the AMA riders on the weekend.

ehr400
10/2/2014 12:07am
He won't win a race or moto in his 2 years here.
10/2/2014 12:11am
machine wrote:
sounds like you are still 'butthurt' to me
10/2/2014 12:13am
ehr400 wrote:
He won't win a race or moto in his 2 years here.
wouldnt put any money on that- tonus is a very good rider. I think he will adapt to US mx very well- be interesting to see how he does!
ehr400
10/2/2014 12:47am
Wasn't a dominate rider in Europe, what makes you think it will change here? Alot more guys with alot more championships than him with minimal wins and no championships.
mxmasta
Fantasy
651st
10/2/2014 12:54am
machine wrote:

10/2/2014 12:54am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2014 12:56am
machine wrote:
its not a week yet...and you are lucky a chain broke or your nation would have been off the box
mxmasta
Fantasy
651st
10/2/2014 12:58am
ehr400 wrote:
Wasn't a dominate rider in Europe, what makes you think it will change here? Alot more guys with alot more championships than him with minimal wins...
Wasn't a dominate rider in Europe, what makes you think it will change here? Alot more guys with alot more championships than him with minimal wins and no championships.
So just because he was not a dominant rider in the GPs means he isn't capable of winning one or two races?

He is no championship contender in my eyes, but he may well be able to win some races.
And, one thing is for sure, he has a really cool and awesome riding style.
10/2/2014 1:06am
The closest but still usually 2-4 seconds a lap off. Tonus will get spanked all year, if he makes it through supercross.
mmcmx
10/2/2014 1:29am
I don't know if he will win any races. If he stays injury free for once he may become a title contender.

But one thing is for sure, he is awesome to watch. Soo technichal, such a fluid style. You US fans are lucky to have him there hope you apreciate it.

Is he still best friends with Kenny? It wouldn't surprise me to see him in the Aldon camp.
10/2/2014 1:29am
machine wrote:
Oh lighten up sheesh....

Here is some interesting feedback from the AMA riders on the weekend.

Very interesting, though I have to say that (although I understand and agree with the premise of what he's saying) I don't agree with Chad in regards to a fictitious scenario of Gautier showing up at Hangtown. You can never guarantee with riders of that level what they could or couldn't do. But yeah for sure, it is harder when riders have to switch to tracks of the opposite series.

In regards to Tonus - I think he'll win motos and generally be top 3 overall. Idk whether it'll be enough for the title but he'll be up there. His results and speed were more varied after his return from injury, though to be fair I think he was over laying everything on the line as he was when for fighting for the title and battling Jeffrey. In any case he'll be good.

Amazing treat next year for all of us fans to not only see RV go at it in GPs but of course Tonus in AMA!
PressPassP
10/2/2014 1:33am
machine wrote:
There is no "Brit logic" douche bag. The GP riders are as good as or better than the AMA riders...period. And it's a good thing because...
There is no "Brit logic" douche bag. The GP riders are as good as or better than the AMA riders...period. And it's a good thing because it raises the level of competition for everyone.
This,most have been saying the fastest guys all from both sides of the pond,nowhere near as much Shit been thrown around for this time of year

Go back to the MXdN of Lommel,trolls were popping up left right and centre,someone needs to lighten up
10/2/2014 1:39am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2014 1:41am
ehr400 wrote:
Wasn't a dominate rider in Europe, what makes you think it will change here? Alot more guys with alot more championships than him with minimal wins...
nobody said he would dominate- other than mr butthurt being sarcstic....

tonus is a great rider - you guys are lucky to have him next year. He has such a cool, fluid, smooth riding style- reminds me of a cross between everts and pourcel

wouldnt be surprised to see him take a moto or 2- i expect him to be up there. Supercross will be a learning curve but i think he has the talent to adapt to it fairly quickly. He will be great to watch outdoors, hopefully he stays injury free this year

it seems to be the in thing around here at the moment to try and take a pop at the brits- is it just a case of inferiority complex? Smile
jamma10
10/2/2014 1:42am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2014 2:00am
Machine, the comments you've been reading all week saying that the GP riders have surpassed US riders have nearly all written by your fellow Americans.
PalerBlue
10/2/2014 1:45am
machine wrote:
Since he was the closest to the MX God Herlings before he and Herlings got hurt, he must be a shoe in for the AMA Championship...
Since he was the closest to the MX God Herlings before he and Herlings got hurt, he must be a shoe in for the AMA Championship according to Euro logic...Whistling

After all, if Herlings would have shown up at the MXDN this year, he would have cleaned house....soooo...Tonus must be faster than all those slow Americans.

Give him the #1 plate stat.....
I don't expect to see you complaining again about Euro posts after attempting to start the same shit yourself here. Grow up.....

(btw thanks for the vid' though Wink )
jamma10
10/2/2014 2:23am
Got to say though, as a 'GP guy' it's good for the soul listening to some of these interviews Smile

I just wish people (such as the interviewer in the video above) would stop trying to determine whether Euro's are now faster than US based riders, as though it's so black and white. Equal respect and appreciation is all that's needed.

Dungey sounds smart.
10/2/2014 2:42am
jamma10 wrote:
Got to say though, as a 'GP guy' it's good for the soul listening to some of these interviews :) I just wish people (such as...
Got to say though, as a 'GP guy' it's good for the soul listening to some of these interviews Smile

I just wish people (such as the interviewer in the video above) would stop trying to determine whether Euro's are now faster than US based riders, as though it's so black and white. Equal respect and appreciation is all that's needed.

Dungey sounds smart.
You would think that all the real motocross fans would appreciate the fact that the des nations seems to be a more level playing field than it used to be be. If the current trend continues then the racing will be close, and better to watch than if someone just goes out there and dominates every moto...

i suppose some people are just too narrow minded to get their head around that

The US racers appear to have learnt some humility the last 3 years- its a shame some of the fans haven't!

Regarding tonus- i'm sure there are alot of people on here that will love to see him fail! he is a 'euro' afterall. Hopefully there will be at least a small number of real motocross fans that will become fans when they watch him ride and see that he has one of the best riding styles out there. He's a real technician on the bike - much in the same way as musquin/ pourcel/ k dub etc.

If mitch rates him then there must be something there!
10/2/2014 2:55am
He's not a Pourcel, Roczen, or even a Musquin so I highly doubt he will be competing for any championships this year.

Post a reply to: Arnaud Tonus 2015 250 Champ

The Latest