Arnaud Tonus

teggers
Edited Date/Time 7/28/2015 11:54am
Wow. What's the scoop on this guy?
|
Dx3moto
7/26/2015 12:30am
Last season before coming to America he probably would have won the world title if he hadn't injured himself (he was 2nd in points and challenging Herlings).
Tim271
Fantasy
4471st
7/26/2015 3:26am
What happened with Tonus in Moto 2? Haven't seen the race only results
7/26/2015 3:41am
Tim271 wrote:
Just read this on RacerX;

"Unfortunately things went sour in the second moto when Hill got wild and cleaned Tonus out while running seventh. When Tonus went to remount, his hand went into his spokes and he was experiencing pain after the moto. No word yet on his condition."
Tim271
Fantasy
4471st
7/26/2015 3:49am
Tim271 wrote:
Just read this on RacerX; "Unfortunately things went sour in the second moto when Hill got wild and cleaned Tonus out while running seventh. When Tonus...
Just read this on RacerX;

"Unfortunately things went sour in the second moto when Hill got wild and cleaned Tonus out while running seventh. When Tonus went to remount, his hand went into his spokes and he was experiencing pain after the moto. No word yet on his condition."
Thanks, hoping it isn't anything to bad really want to see him get a few rounds under his belt

The Shop

bsharkey
7/26/2015 8:29am
dang that sucks. he rode great and was really smooth both when the track was dry and muddy
Motofinne
7/26/2015 8:32am
3rd in his first ever moto in US, and i think that we should keep in mind that the difference between US and the GPs is big. I expect big things out of him in '16 if he can stay healthy and have a good off season!
Sideways
7/26/2015 8:40am
Motofinne wrote:
3rd in his first ever moto in US, and i think that we should keep in mind that the difference between US and the GPs is...
3rd in his first ever moto in US, and i think that we should keep in mind that the difference between US and the GPs is big. I expect big things out of him in '16 if he can stay healthy and have a good off season!
He will be a threat in sx aswell. I remember him having the fastes or 2nd fastest time in his first ever sx this year. Obviously he was sick and only did a couple of races. But he has the talent to win.
Motofinne
7/26/2015 8:48am
Motofinne wrote:
3rd in his first ever moto in US, and i think that we should keep in mind that the difference between US and the GPs is...
Sideways wrote:
He will be a threat in sx aswell. I remember him having the fastes or 2nd fastest time in his first ever sx this year. Obviously...
He will be a threat in sx aswell. I remember him having the fastes or 2nd fastest time in his first ever sx this year. Obviously he was sick and only did a couple of races. But he has the talent to win.
Definitely! I actually think that more US teams should look at the mx2 class in the GPs, the EMX program is working and i think that teams could get great riders from the GPs especially riders that are turning 23 and still wants to ride 250s.
Motofinne
7/26/2015 9:01am
True, but most of them are really young! But look at the Geico guys riding the nationals, they are also very inconsistent.
watson
7/26/2015 10:29am
Motofinne wrote:
Completely agree. Huge differences; that makes a third all the more impressive. Tonus will likely be the guy that breaks the PC championship drought.
RG95
7/26/2015 11:19am
Dx3moto wrote:
Last season before coming to America he probably would have won the world title if he hadn't injured himself (he was 2nd in points and challenging...
Last season before coming to America he probably would have won the world title if he hadn't injured himself (he was 2nd in points and challenging Herlings).
His speed wasn't even close to Herlings one though.
karsmakers
7/26/2015 12:02pm
Motofinne wrote:
watson wrote:
Completely agree. Huge differences; that makes a third all the more impressive. Tonus will likely be the guy that breaks the PC championship drought.
I will hold off on any judgement until he gets a few races under his belt. He qualified 15th but finished 3rd "in the mud". JM qualified 1st and then finished 9th in the mud. I think Tonus is a top 6 type guy given some time to adjust. Euro's kick ass in the mud so I don't think it means that much. Does it mean JM is slower than 8 guys?
Robgvx
7/26/2015 12:24pm
karsmakers wrote:
I will hold off on any judgement until he gets a few races under his belt. He qualified 15th but finished 3rd "in the mud". JM...
I will hold off on any judgement until he gets a few races under his belt. He qualified 15th but finished 3rd "in the mud". JM qualified 1st and then finished 9th in the mud. I think Tonus is a top 6 type guy given some time to adjust. Euro's kick ass in the mud so I don't think it means that much. Does it mean JM is slower than 8 guys?
Or, to put it another way, Martin qualified fastest because he was the fastest rider on the fourth lap of first practice, when the track was smooth.

Is it a realistic measure to judge qualifying based on the first session on the track, when it's nothing like it will be in the race?
bsharkey
7/26/2015 1:06pm
karsmakers wrote:
I will hold off on any judgement until he gets a few races under his belt. He qualified 15th but finished 3rd "in the mud". JM...
Robgvx wrote:
Or, to put it another way, Martin qualified fastest because he was the fastest rider on the fourth lap of first practice, when the track was...
Or, to put it another way, Martin qualified fastest because he was the fastest rider on the fourth lap of first practice, when the track was smooth.

Is it a realistic measure to judge qualifying based on the first session on the track, when it's nothing like it will be in the race?
we were there. it was pretty much like this. the 250 b riders broke in the track, then the 250a class "had the perfect track, traction was unreal good" then light rain set it and it started to get slick but ridable for the 450b class. just went downhill from there
Motofinne
7/26/2015 1:19pm
This is just my opinion but the "euros are soooo much better that US guys in the mud because EU tracks are just a mudfest 4 of 7 days in the week" is just false. Yes it does rain here in the winter but it rains in US also in the winter. But let's see what he does in the next races. We shouldn't forget that he was one of the fastest guys in SX and there is no way to practise SX in Europe so Tonus is really a talated rider and he belongs in the top 5 in US , maybe better if he settles!
Kawisrok
7/26/2015 2:06pm
My wife and I were sitting on the inside of the turn where Hill took out T during the race. T did kind of leave the door open just a tad as it looked like he missed the rut and Hill tried to go under him into the rut then washed out the front end taking them both out. Hills bike was under T's, and he reached down to the back wheel to pick the bike up as it was still spinning and caught his hand in the spokes and swing arm. Ouch! Hill did pick up T's bike and hold it for him though until he was able to get back on his bike, kind of a nice gesture I thought as he did wipe him out.
struth
7/26/2015 3:21pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2015 3:22pm
Dx3moto wrote:
Last season before coming to America he probably would have won the world title if he hadn't injured himself (he was 2nd in points and challenging...
RG95 wrote:
He was lot closer then, tixier and the other mx2 riders
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
7/26/2015 4:56pm
Motofinne wrote:
watson wrote:
karsmakers wrote:
He has never seen the track before and he's not used to the 15min practice schedule. He was a lot better in p2 and then in the races
RG95
7/28/2015 3:19am Edited Date/Time 7/28/2015 3:21am
Dx3moto wrote:
RG95 wrote:
struth wrote:
Yes so close that he never finished in front of Herlings.
P.S.: what? Tixier's speed near to Herlings? Are you serious dude? Hahaha
struth
7/28/2015 3:38am
RG95 wrote:
Wtf, your off ya head.
7/28/2015 3:46am
RG95 wrote:
struth wrote:
RG95 wrote:
in 2014 only Coldenhoff and Ferrandis beat Herlings in a moto , every other moto he started he won except for the last GP
Tonus won 1 moto in 2014 , in Brasil.. Herlings didnt race in Brasil ...
themrtoad
7/28/2015 8:29am
I would say that Ferrandis, Guillod and Gajser are the closest to Herlings speedwise. Tixier is quite a bit off that pace. Before he broke his femur on the 85cc there was nobody in the same timezone even. Tonus was close to him in Sevlievo I think one time, which is a track Herlings dislikes and also the track that put his boss Pit Beirer in a wheelchair.
RG95
7/28/2015 11:54am
RG95 wrote:
struth wrote:
Wtf, your off ya head.
Nah, we've just watched two different championship then.

Post a reply to: Arnaud Tonus

The Latest