Arm pump...

The988
Anyone use/have used this 4arm strong contraption Ryan Dungey and Aldon Baker talk about during the commercials? I heard Matthes, Keefer, and Ping talking about it on the pulp show. They say it's not true and doesn't work. My question is do the results matter on how much you use it since it's basically stretching your forearm?
|
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
7/24/2016 12:56am
Cure for arm pump- make sure you breathe correctly and don't hold on so tight that it feels like you're strangling your bars.
Cortami79
7/24/2016 1:28am
I had a surgery for arm pump a year ago and it was the smartest move in the last 3 years. Never had it again.
MX558
7/24/2016 4:45am
I made my own version on the device and it does work well . If the price was half of what it is I would have bought one but 150 is steep .
7/24/2016 5:06am
I believe Pulp and crew were talking about the spray not working at all.

I know they discussed the device, too, and I think the main answer was that it might work somewhat but no different than using a tennis ball or homemade device as above. The cost is fairly substantial.

The Shop

hvaughn88
7/24/2016 5:09am
There's a specific natural cure a guy named nick has, first you make your hand into a fist, then you sweep your arm behind your back, then...
Crush
7/24/2016 5:14am
Cortami79 wrote:
I had a surgery for arm pump a year ago and it was the smartest move in the last 3 years. Never had it again.
That's a bit gnarly for a non-pro tho!
KBOLTZ
7/24/2016 9:44am
hvaughn88 wrote:
There's a specific natural cure a guy named nick has, first you make your hand into a fist, then you sweep your arm behind your back...
There's a specific natural cure a guy named nick has, first you make your hand into a fist, then you sweep your arm behind your back, then...
Lol
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
7/24/2016 9:50am
If you properly strech your fingers and forearms before and after riding it should help. I recently started getting arm pump because I wasn't working out as much as in the past and holding on wayyy to tight. Once you notice it and grip more with your ankles and knees you can make it go away.

I've also heard Keefer say he started getting arm pump when he was weight lifting.
Cortami79
7/24/2016 9:51am
Cortami79 wrote:
Crush wrote:
That's a bit gnarly for a non-pro tho!
Yeah, but I was back riding in two weeks and am having fun like ever before. Besides that it is more safe now.
7/24/2016 9:51am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2016 9:53am
Cortami79 wrote:
Are you being sarcastic ? With tHe surgery don't they just cut out a ligament or tendon? I'm not familiar with it. I know broc sellards had it done a long time ago.

If you're not being sarcastic and it really works, good for you. (I'm not being a smartass)

But getting surgery for armpump is like getting Bariatric surgery because you're 400 lbs. works for a little while, then you gain it all back. Surgery isn't fixing the problem I don't think.

How many kids complain of armpump ? I never used to get it until I turned 20. Then I don't know what happened. My body was like yea, here let me sieze your arms up.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
7/24/2016 10:04am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2016 10:07am
Fasciotomy

Strangely, my son had it done in both calves. His calves would get so bad that he was getting compartment syndrome.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
7/24/2016 10:27am
The988 wrote:
Anyone use/have used this 4arm strong contraption Ryan Dungey and Aldon Baker talk about during the commercials? I heard Matthes, Keefer, and Ping talking about it...
Anyone use/have used this 4arm strong contraption Ryan Dungey and Aldon Baker talk about during the commercials? I heard Matthes, Keefer, and Ping talking about it on the pulp show. They say it's not true and doesn't work. My question is do the results matter on how much you use it since it's basically stretching your forearm?
I had really bad arm pump and decided to give it a try. I would say it definitely worked for me. I now get zero arm pump from the elbow to about half way down the forearm. I get about 40% of the arm pump that I used to from the range of 3-4" from my wrist back. But the real meat of my forearms don't get arm pump at all anymore. I'm trying to figure out how to get the last bit closer to my wrist to release like the main portion of my forearms did.

As a side note, everybody is different and it works to different levels for each person. I do go to my chiropractor once a month to get aligned and also get deep tissue massage. The therapist I've been going to for years is blown away by how my forearms feel now compared to the way they used to. So there's definitely something to the device that works. It just works to different levels for different people based on the anatomy of your forearm muscles/fascia. I think it was well worth the money I spent. Just my $0.02.
The988
7/24/2016 10:45am
I don't get much arm pump anymore it's the lack of strength in my hands toward the end of a Moto.
1stSSPZ
7/24/2016 3:32pm
I have noticed the more often I get to ride, the less I am affected by arm pump. I am also one of those old coots you see hanging around that has to wear compression hose to help with circulation problems in the legs. According to my Doc, the hose works the same way as putting your thumb on the end of a water hose, increasing blood velocity and helping to evacuate the blood from your calves. I thought "What the hell" and cut the feet off a pair and pulled the sleeves over my forearms...works like a charm! You can get the hose at any store that caters to broke dick individuals. Smile
DB125
7/24/2016 4:05pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
There's a specific natural cure a guy named nick has, first you make your hand into a fist, then you sweep your arm behind your back...
It works
brimx153
7/24/2016 5:23pm
kzizok wrote:
Fasciotomy

Strangely, my son had it done in both calves. His calves would get so bad that he was getting compartment syndrome.
i have both calves done and both forearm s. it helped alot but it will never be 100% . its really really rare .and it sucks .
IceMan446
7/24/2016 10:27pm
The988 wrote:
Anyone use/have used this 4arm strong contraption Ryan Dungey and Aldon Baker talk about during the commercials? I heard Matthes, Keefer, and Ping talking about it...
TbonesPop wrote:
I had really bad arm pump and decided to give it a try. I would say it definitely worked for me. I now get zero arm...
I had really bad arm pump and decided to give it a try. I would say it definitely worked for me. I now get zero arm pump from the elbow to about half way down the forearm. I get about 40% of the arm pump that I used to from the range of 3-4" from my wrist back. But the real meat of my forearms don't get arm pump at all anymore. I'm trying to figure out how to get the last bit closer to my wrist to release like the main portion of my forearms did.

As a side note, everybody is different and it works to different levels for each person. I do go to my chiropractor once a month to get aligned and also get deep tissue massage. The therapist I've been going to for years is blown away by how my forearms feel now compared to the way they used to. So there's definitely something to the device that works. It just works to different levels for different people based on the anatomy of your forearm muscles/fascia. I think it was well worth the money I spent. Just my $0.02.
Man I have the same issue!

For sure it has helped me. But like you said, the first 3-4 inches of my arm still get very tight.

Post a reply to: Arm pump...

The Latest