Arenacross tracks

kkawboy14
Dude if you've seen one you've seen them all!

|
ATKpilot99
1/18/2017 6:42pm
There are a few that have an extra rhythm lane depending on the size of the arena . There was also a track last year that was at a larger open air stadium.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
1/18/2017 6:45pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
There are a few that have an extra rhythm lane depending on the size of the arena . There was also a track last year that...
There are a few that have an extra rhythm lane depending on the size of the arena . There was also a track last year that was at a larger open air stadium.
Ya, that open air stadium race was fun t watch - mudder IIRC
cmarona463
1/18/2017 6:47pm
There's not a whole lot you can do with just 4 narrow lanes to work with. At least you have Atlanta to look forward to. That should be more interesting
ufsx459
1/18/2017 7:09pm
Yes its small, but I think it makes the sport more accessible to less visited areas. I will have to check out the open air one if that is on the schedule this year.

The Shop

Stuntman949
1/19/2017 8:29am
ufsx459 wrote:
Yes its small, but I think it makes the sport more accessible to less visited areas. I will have to check out the open air one...
Yes its small, but I think it makes the sport more accessible to less visited areas. I will have to check out the open air one if that is on the schedule this year.
Unfortunately that one is off the schedule this year as is my local Ontario race. Will still watch every round though
kaptkaos
1/19/2017 8:33am
Youre right, every AX track is identical. I have tried, really hard to like AX but its unwatchable to me. If it was in the off season over the winter and on better tracks, I would watch it for sure.

I think it would be better in the parking lot of every SX round as a Friday night feature.
p0wn
1/19/2017 9:31am
They need to take the long flat start area out. It makes things too boring. If they started in the corner of the arena and had the shorter side for the flat then right into a turn it'd be more fun to watch. Also if they changed stuff up like table tops with off ons, dragon backs, etc. there could be more variance.

Right now it's just a whoop section, a flat section, a rhythm section and the finish line jump. Every time. Hard to watch on TV because it's just the same thing over and over.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2447th
1/19/2017 10:41am
p0wn wrote:
They need to take the long flat start area out. It makes things too boring. If they started in the corner of the arena and had...
They need to take the long flat start area out. It makes things too boring. If they started in the corner of the arena and had the shorter side for the flat then right into a turn it'd be more fun to watch. Also if they changed stuff up like table tops with off ons, dragon backs, etc. there could be more variance.

Right now it's just a whoop section, a flat section, a rhythm section and the finish line jump. Every time. Hard to watch on TV because it's just the same thing over and over.
arenacross hasnt been any different for years. the same problem exists for supercross

and that is standardized obstacles. EVERY sx and ax HAS to have a double jump for the finish line along with others like triples and whoops. It would be a novel concept to have a the finish just be a line in the ground on the start straight, have a track that did not have a triple
Dtat720
1/19/2017 10:56am
NitroAX and the former AXTour were able to do a whole more with the same confined spacing. Amsoil AX can if they want, but cookie cutter makes for an easy to follow timeline, in and out, on to the next with minimal down time due to wrecks
dgmx
1/19/2017 11:43am
kaptkaos wrote:
Youre right, every AX track is identical. I have tried, really hard to like AX but its unwatchable to me. If it was in the off...
Youre right, every AX track is identical. I have tried, really hard to like AX but its unwatchable to me. If it was in the off season over the winter and on better tracks, I would watch it for sure.

I think it would be better in the parking lot of every SX round as a Friday night feature.
have you been able to go watch one in person?
i would say in person they are a lot better
Hallzilla
1/19/2017 11:54am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Dude if you've seen one you've seen them all! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/01/18/170023/s1200_IMG_2946.jpg[/img]
Dude if you've seen one you've seen them all!

Just like your posts !
ACBraap
Fantasy
505th
1/19/2017 1:10pm
Not to be all Matthes here, but AX would be a good place for an over/under tunnel to mix up designs.

I spent a lot of winter weekends racing AX in a tiny rodeo arena, and there was a lot more course variety in that tiny space than AX sees now. Partially layout, partially obstacle design. The courses do lend themselves to tight racing though, which is usually good on the occasions that I actually watch what the tivo has saved for me.
1/19/2017 1:22pm
I've never been to one so I don't know, but do they usually sell out? Could they take one of the seating section and do an inclined start with a quick turn like they do in Enduro Cross? Seems like that would open up a little room for a short technical section.
kkawboy14
1/19/2017 6:17pm
Arenacross is pretty fun to be at but man they need to try some new stuff.
okieonayamaha
Fantasy
1246th
1/19/2017 7:17pm
I miss the bookoo arenacross days. I've been lucky enough to race several tracks of the two series and to me BooKoo's tracks were way more intimidating and fun. I'm sure watching that series on television could get just as stale though.
1/20/2017 6:39am
I'd love to go to one and take my kids, but it doesn't look like they are welcome in the NJ, NY, DE area. Hell I'd probably even enter PA to see one if it was my only choice.
Dtat720
1/20/2017 6:48am
This weekends NitroAX track....

1/20/2017 8:11am
I miss the bookoo arenacross days. I've been lucky enough to race several tracks of the two series and to me BooKoo's tracks were way more...
I miss the bookoo arenacross days. I've been lucky enough to race several tracks of the two series and to me BooKoo's tracks were way more intimidating and fun. I'm sure watching that series on television could get just as stale though.
Always considered myself a jumper, but we went to our first BooKoo arenacross race and I seriously was shitting myself not wanting to hit the finish line. It was so much bigger than the AMA AX finish lines I had hit and my dad literally had to sit me down and watch some others hit it and said "It's simple, either hit it or we have to just go home."
Ended up hitting it and getting comfortable.. but
I don't miss that part of Pro racing. LaughingWoohoo
CLT809
Fantasy
9th
1/20/2017 8:25am
Something I've wondered, especially now that it is the "Road to Supercross," is why don't they try to use larger venues like the open air one they had last year (which unfortunately was a mudfest), or even contacting universities to use their stadiums? I can't help but think a track could be built in a college football stadium and the event offset the cost of whatever damage occurs to the field, plus the Arenacross season starts as college football comes to an end.

I'm sure there's a thousand reasons why they don't, number one probably being how protective universities are of their stadiums, just something I thought would be cool, and probably bring up some physical attendance numbers as well.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2447th
1/20/2017 9:19am
CLT809 wrote:
Something I've wondered, especially now that it is the "Road to Supercross," is why don't they try to use larger venues like the open air one...
Something I've wondered, especially now that it is the "Road to Supercross," is why don't they try to use larger venues like the open air one they had last year (which unfortunately was a mudfest), or even contacting universities to use their stadiums? I can't help but think a track could be built in a college football stadium and the event offset the cost of whatever damage occurs to the field, plus the Arenacross season starts as college football comes to an end.

I'm sure there's a thousand reasons why they don't, number one probably being how protective universities are of their stadiums, just something I thought would be cool, and probably bring up some physical attendance numbers as well.
it could happen, there are only a couple thousand college stadiums.

One benefit of this would be that a track would have more room for safety (cuz novices have crossed lanes and hit the walls) the track could still be relatively short just safer.

However, the reality is that all the stadiums are open air, meaning it could exclude states in the northern half
Dtat720
1/20/2017 9:21am
If canada can run an almost entire ax season outdoors, the states could as well.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2447th
1/20/2017 12:16pm
Dtat720 wrote:
If canada can run an almost entire ax season outdoors, the states could as well.
i thought all of theirs were indoors as well? might be mistaken
NATEP231
1/20/2017 12:27pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2017 12:30pm
ACBraap wrote:
Not to be all Matthes here, but AX would be a good place for an over/under tunnel to mix up designs. I spent a lot of...
Not to be all Matthes here, but AX would be a good place for an over/under tunnel to mix up designs.

I spent a lot of winter weekends racing AX in a tiny rodeo arena, and there was a lot more course variety in that tiny space than AX sees now. Partially layout, partially obstacle design. The courses do lend themselves to tight racing though, which is usually good on the occasions that I actually watch what the tivo has saved for me.
They had one at the 2000 Des Moines arenacross. Not one single right hand corner
https://youtu.be/x7k8ttUwwIM

*on a side note I didn't notice the net around the inside corner until after I posted this. Matthes approved
mjr119
1/20/2017 12:35pm
I miss the bookoo arenacross days. I've been lucky enough to race several tracks of the two series and to me BooKoo's tracks were way more...
Hell yeah I miss the BooKoo days. I remember doing Am day at the Charlotte AX. The whoops were huge. First lap of practice I was thinking what have I gotten myself into!! haha.

Also, the finish was pretty big, I remember hitting it for the first time on the first lap of the first heat. I remember launching and looking straight up at the lights. Almost looped it out haha. Fun times!

That Nitro AX track looks sweet! I wish they could incorporate more rhythm lanes into ax. Something like a mini SX. Not a whoop section, a 2-2-2, and a straight away.

Post a reply to: Arenacross tracks

The Latest