Are you wondering what Cahuilla Creek MX is like right now?

sleetdawg
12/1/2017 12:23pm Edited Date/Time 12/4/2017 10:27am
My latest blog post at My Two Wheel Life is now live. With tracks being inconsistent at times I give you a complete review of what the facility has to offer using the GoPro Karma and Hero6 camera.

https://mytwowheellife.com/mytwowheellife/2017/11/17/cahuilla-creek-rev…
|
Jamal#440
12/1/2017 12:31pm
No not really but I am wondering how to pronounce it.
FiendzCC
12/1/2017 12:33pm
Very cool. Cahuilla is so much fun. Glad to hear they officially opened the off road area. Don't know how many times they kicked me out of that section over the years haha
Skuzzy29
12/1/2017 12:53pm
Jamal#440 wrote:
No not really but I am wondering how to pronounce it.
Kaweah
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
12/1/2017 1:24pm
Place is dope! Ya, was talking to the owner last week and he said they had a nice 8 mile offroad section with like 4 miles of newnew stuff.

The Shop

FWYT
12/1/2017 1:30pm
I gotta get out there again one of these days.
honda341
12/1/2017 1:47pm Edited Date/Time 12/1/2017 1:48pm
I wasn't, but now I am wondering, has anyone connected the inside roller with the next roller at :30 and the two tables at the 1:30 mark in the second video? Crashed hard on my last "connection" attempt, but can't get dumb connections out of my head.
12/1/2017 1:50pm Edited Date/Time 12/1/2017 1:54pm
Kuh-wee-uh. Rad track. Definitely my favorite natural terrain track after Carlsbad closed down.
BobbyM
12/1/2017 3:52pm
Kuh-wee-uh. Rad track. Definitely my favorite natural terrain track after Carlsbad closed down.
You never rode natural terrain tracks have you?
Stuntman949
12/1/2017 3:57pm
I always go intending to ride the tracks...then the single track calls my name..
Myke
Fantasy
2861st
12/1/2017 4:04pm
BobbyM wrote:
Ha, that's about as close as you get out here.
12/1/2017 5:42pm
Cahuilla is my favorite track down here, for sure. Sand surfing, great flow, natural elevation, fun obstacles, and later in the day it gets rough. So much fun.
vetmxr
12/1/2017 5:42pm
Its been a few years but I remember that track burning energy worse than a gasoline fire. It was so much fun, i just didn't have the stamina to "float" around it at speed for more than a lap.
12/1/2017 5:54pm
honda341 wrote:
I wasn't, but now I am wondering, has anyone connected the inside roller with the next roller at :30 and the two tables at the 1:30...
I wasn't, but now I am wondering, has anyone connected the inside roller with the next roller at :30 and the two tables at the 1:30 mark in the second video? Crashed hard on my last "connection" attempt, but can't get dumb connections out of my head.
I was just there on Wednesday and was eyeing that inside roller to roller "jump through the corner" thing. If they were to build up the inside roller a little more (like a foot higher) it wouldn't be so bad for mortals.

Jumping table to table at 1:30 is gnarly. Props to you for even trying that. There's not much of a lip on that first table, as its meant to be more of a long roller with a dropoff at the end.
12/1/2017 6:30pm
BobbyM wrote:
We take what we can get out here in California.
Caldoo_856
12/1/2017 7:56pm
Lived out in California the winter of 2015 wrenching for a few amateur kids and also recovering from a big knee injury from the summer before. Bought a used Rmz 450 out there from a privateer and made sure Cahuilla was the first track I rode once healed. It was so much fun after being off a bike for 10 months, then my last ride of the day I jumped the big uphill step up landed and my sprocket ripped off my hub and destroyed my swing arm also Dry
12/1/2017 8:25pm
Shameless plugs just because I love this track so much:

And this was before they built up the lip to this triple out of the corner. Went for it anyway lol.

crc245
12/1/2017 9:44pm
Another shameless plug for some footage with 2T audio: https://youtu.be/cJZ2n5vUyrI?t=1m36s

Once Fall/Winter rolls around, Cahuilla Creek always goes back into the weekly track rotation; Certainly worth the drive out for SoCal residents who have never been!
Brent
12/2/2017 2:50pm
Great review Mike.

It's hard to believe that place has been open 17 years now, I remember the day it opened. It is a great track, especially after a good rain (or snow).

My only wish is that they had an intermediate level track , maybe on par with what the main track used to back 10 or 15 years ago.

Being an over 50 vet and almost getting plowed by a guy flying through like Evgeny Bobryshev on the main track can be a little intimidating sometimesPinch
12/2/2017 3:12pm
Brent wrote:
Great review Mike. It's hard to believe that place has been open 17 years now, I remember the day it opened. It is a great track...
Great review Mike.

It's hard to believe that place has been open 17 years now, I remember the day it opened. It is a great track, especially after a good rain (or snow).

My only wish is that they had an intermediate level track , maybe on par with what the main track used to back 10 or 15 years ago.

Being an over 50 vet and almost getting plowed by a guy flying through like Evgeny Bobryshev on the main track can be a little intimidating sometimesPinch
Have you ridden the vet track there? Is it a little too tamed down?
Brent
12/2/2017 4:22pm Edited Date/Time 12/2/2017 4:22pm
Have you ridden the vet track there? Is it a little too tamed down?
The Cahuilla Vet is fun to warm up on for a lap or two, but in my opinion it could use deeper tilling as I feel it is too hard pack, and some more challenging jumps.

Something between the slow and tight vet track and the very fast and jumpy main track would be ideal. Kind of like Pala did with their amateur track.
12/2/2017 4:32pm
Brent wrote:
The Cahuilla Vet is fun to warm up on for a lap or two, but in my opinion it could use deeper tilling as I feel...
The Cahuilla Vet is fun to warm up on for a lap or two, but in my opinion it could use deeper tilling as I feel it is too hard pack, and some more challenging jumps.

Something between the slow and tight vet track and the very fast and jumpy main track would be ideal. Kind of like Pala did with their amateur track.
Good to know. The KTM demo day is being held at the Cahuilla Creek Vet track next friday and I plan on being there.
Brent
12/2/2017 5:19pm
Good to know. The KTM demo day is being held at the Cahuilla Creek Vet track next friday and I plan on being there.
For trying out a new bike the vet track is nice and mellow, small table tops and only one medium uphill step up jump.

It's pretty smooth so you probably won't feel the true capabilities of the KTM suspension. I can see why they are demoing there, you hardly ever see a rider down on that track.
12/3/2017 4:02pm
Brent wrote:
The Cahuilla Vet is fun to warm up on for a lap or two, but in my opinion it could use deeper tilling as I feel...

I never found any info for this. Did you go to a dealer and get a ride form? Ive been dying to go do this!
12/3/2017 4:45pm
I never found any info for this. Did you go to a dealer and get a ride form? Ive been dying to go do this!
I got this email from the dealer I bought my bike from.

12/3/2017 4:53pm
Caldoo_856 wrote:
Lived out in California the winter of 2015 wrenching for a few amateur kids and also recovering from a big knee injury from the summer before...
Lived out in California the winter of 2015 wrenching for a few amateur kids and also recovering from a big knee injury from the summer before. Bought a used Rmz 450 out there from a privateer and made sure Cahuilla was the first track I rode once healed. It was so much fun after being off a bike for 10 months, then my last ride of the day I jumped the big uphill step up landed and my sprocket ripped off my hub and destroyed my swing arm also Dry
Peely just took his shirt off.
twizzler
12/3/2017 8:00pm
Brent wrote:
Great review Mike. It's hard to believe that place has been open 17 years now, I remember the day it opened. It is a great track...
Great review Mike.

Agree with this. The main track was better 10-15 years ago. Up and down into awesome bowl turns and the track was more natural terrain then. Was an absolute blast to ride then. Now it's fast with man made jumps and not as many use of the old hills nor terrain as it used to be. Cahuilla is still my favorite and I know nothing ever stays the same, but I really miss the old Cahuilla.
Ron_Shuler
12/3/2017 8:19pm
I have always had a good time riding or racing at Cahuilla, I haven't been there in a while because I live so close to 3 other tracks but I was there this past Saturday and had a blast the dirt is really good and track lay out is great.
honda341
12/4/2017 8:59am
I was just there on Wednesday and was eyeing that inside roller to roller "jump through the corner" thing. If they were to build up the...
I was just there on Wednesday and was eyeing that inside roller to roller "jump through the corner" thing. If they were to build up the inside roller a little more (like a foot higher) it wouldn't be so bad for mortals.

Jumping table to table at 1:30 is gnarly. Props to you for even trying that. There's not much of a lip on that first table, as its meant to be more of a long roller with a dropoff at the end.
No, I didn't try that. I have never ridden that track. I was just curious if someone had. I tried the connection at 2:14 - 2:16 connection, it didn't work.

https://youtu.be/aVQYhsn8-0o

Post a reply to: Are you wondering what Cahuilla Creek MX is like right now?

The Latest