Are motox fans the most fair-weathered around?

nc_mx_kid
12/2/2009 4:59pm
fans are crucial
txmxer
12/2/2009 5:42pm
Don't know. Lot of strong criticism, but, get real. The things people say about other sports/athletes is much more harsh.

motoxhead
12/2/2009 6:02pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:15pm
txmxer wrote:
Don't know. Lot of strong criticism, but, get real. The things people say about other sports/athletes is much more harsh.

I'm not talking about harsh criticism. I'm talking about fans dropping there support or belief in a rider after one off season or even a couple bad races.

I mean the sport has a saying, "your only as good as your last race".

This seems like a huge marketing problem perpetuated by the industry itself.

The Shop

txmxer
12/2/2009 6:05pm
my point is that they never really were supporting that rider. They just didn't have as much criticism when they were doing good.
motoxhead
12/2/2009 6:09pm Edited Date/Time 12/2/2009 6:19pm
I'm not talking about messageboard critics. I'm talking about fans. The people that sport a certain riders jersey, buy his t-shirt, stand in line for an autograph, etc.

Perhaps I am just noticing the critics though. /shrugs

It just seems rare to find a group of fans supporting a riders cause. Talking up his battles (where ever they are on the track). Posting about their hopes for their next season. There doesn't seem to be the fan support for even the guys who get the occasional interview or video or two on racerx, transworld, motocross, etc.
jeffro503
12/2/2009 8:48pm
well....to be honest , it's NOT just the fans. It's the actual teams as well. Perfect example : team Honda when they let RC go. It was at the end of his contract , he had a bad knee that needed to be worked on. Biggest fucking mistake honda ever made was letting him go. They thought he was probably washed up and needed to be put out to pasture with that knee......little did they know RC was such an animal and made them sorry for the next couple years HAHA!!

Also....i think the fans get down on specific riders for two reasons. 1.) when they don't place well , we all expect them to do better. 2.) is exactly the same reason as #1 , but their results suffer from injuries or personal problems which we know nothing about.

When the public actually "knows" a rider is injured , they tend to give some sympathy.....but when they "don't know"....they jump to a 100 different conclusions and it always comes back as they think he is slacking or doesn't give a shit.
jeffro503
12/2/2009 8:49pm
BTW....i have a lot of friends that do now and used to do all the SX's and nationals.....and no matter how they did , i supported them!
motoxhead
12/2/2009 9:20pm
It is hard to follow the season of any of the back ten riders other than position finishes as there is so little video of their racing. Kind of makes it hard to make a connection with the other 20 riders trying to race sx.

Post a reply to: Are motox fans the most fair-weathered around?

The Latest