Are There Any Products You Feel Are Missing In The Motocross Marketplace?

diz330
Edited Date/Time 11/18/2014 8:21pm
Hey guys, just putting a feeler out there to see if there is anything you could think of to make your moto life better/easier? I am looking to start a small business out of my garage and have access to some pretty nice lathes and mills at work if need be. Maybe an accessory for your trailer, or bike stand, or bike..I don't know just throwing some ideas out there. Figured this would be a good place to hear out some other riders like myself as I would love to be involved in the industry some way...Looking for a way to save up some extra cash to purchase a new bike without having to use my salary from work. Anyways let me know!
|
Excaliburbmx
11/13/2014 2:54pm
I do but I am looking for an investor. It is an essential missing piece we could use anywhere and everywhere.
Kawaboy14
11/13/2014 3:02pm Edited Date/Time 11/13/2014 3:11pm
it is very difficult to make a business unless you yourself are the producer of the original ideas! To ask others for their ideas leads you down a path of always needing others to feed your creativity.

If you want a real business, sit at a track and watch, figure out whats missing and then fill that need. once down the path of creating and producing then no one could take that away from you, they may duplicate it but never with the same success.

Pro Circuit is one such company, they invented where there was nothing and so now are really the leaders in that world.

another company I have been watching is Novik Gloves (I think Noren is their top rider), cool gloves and they will add your riding number to the gloves, that's all they really do right now and that focus until it has reached whatever success they desire it to be before moving to the next piece will create a good business! Who woulda thought there was a need for another mx glove?
pCp 252
Fantasy
2541st
11/13/2014 3:54pm
I've pondered about some sort of integration between the rider's boots and the bike's footpegs. Something like SPD mountain bike pedals. Obviously youre feet come off on a moto bike a lot more often than a MTB. But if there was a way to seamlessly dismount in corners and other situations, the control would be next level in my opinion.

The Shop

nytsmaC
11/13/2014 3:59pm
I'd like a lithium ion powered seat cover that massages my prostate while I ride.
Gringoe
11/13/2014 4:11pm
pCp 252 wrote:
I've pondered about some sort of integration between the rider's boots and the bike's footpegs. Something like SPD mountain bike pedals. Obviously youre feet come off...
I've pondered about some sort of integration between the rider's boots and the bike's footpegs. Something like SPD mountain bike pedals. Obviously youre feet come off on a moto bike a lot more often than a MTB. But if there was a way to seamlessly dismount in corners and other situations, the control would be next level in my opinion.
Interesting thought but I don't think would translate to Moto. The only reason besides performance in the pedal stroke, is you use them on a bicycle is to pick the back end up with your legs, and that wouldn't be necessary or really feasible on a Moto bike.
diz330
11/13/2014 4:20pm
Kawaboy14 wrote:
it is very difficult to make a business unless you yourself are the producer of the original ideas! To ask others for their ideas leads you...
it is very difficult to make a business unless you yourself are the producer of the original ideas! To ask others for their ideas leads you down a path of always needing others to feed your creativity.

If you want a real business, sit at a track and watch, figure out whats missing and then fill that need. once down the path of creating and producing then no one could take that away from you, they may duplicate it but never with the same success.

Pro Circuit is one such company, they invented where there was nothing and so now are really the leaders in that world.

another company I have been watching is Novik Gloves (I think Noren is their top rider), cool gloves and they will add your riding number to the gloves, that's all they really do right now and that focus until it has reached whatever success they desire it to be before moving to the next piece will create a good business! Who woulda thought there was a need for another mx glove?
I agree, I'm just putting it out there on the forum to maybe help brainstorm something. Yea, I don't really seem to see the need for another brand of gloves..especially when all riders are sponsored by a gear company that already makes gloves..It's not like Noviks' are premium or better than any other glove. Would be curious to know what the sales are like.

Not sure connecting boots to footpegs would be a good idea these days with everyone doing crazy whips and scrubs swinging your body in all different positions to compensate. Could get really hairy real quick if you were connected to the bike in any way!
Old-Man
11/13/2014 4:47pm
High tech electric starter kit for any brand.
Looking foreword there is going to be a market for this, I would look where the industry is headed and see something that would be needed in that aspect.

As we know the start is Crucial and the fork holeshot device made it easier . Maybe something that helps in that area?
dono just shootin ya some thoughts
Torco1
11/13/2014 4:51pm
I always have a hard time hearing the announcer at local races because they don't have the greatest PA systems, so I took a few days off from work and locked myself in the garage in order to design and manufacture something to help with hearing better at the local tracks. This is what I came up with..............patent pending........

11/13/2014 5:01pm
Affordable, durable and lower-performance motocross bikes. Few of us have $7k to drop on a new 125 and that's pretty much as cheap as you can get in a new full sized MXer.
Kawaboy14
11/13/2014 6:36pm
Kawaboy14 wrote:
it is very difficult to make a business unless you yourself are the producer of the original ideas! To ask others for their ideas leads you...

diz330 wrote:
I agree, I'm just putting it out there on the forum to maybe help brainstorm something. Yea, I don't really seem to see the need for...
I agree, I'm just putting it out there on the forum to maybe help brainstorm something. Yea, I don't really seem to see the need for another brand of gloves..especially when all riders are sponsored by a gear company that already makes gloves..It's not like Noviks' are premium or better than any other glove. Would be curious to know what the sales are like.

Not sure connecting boots to footpegs would be a good idea these days with everyone doing crazy whips and scrubs swinging your body in all different positions to compensate. Could get really hairy real quick if you were connected to the bike in any way!
Novik are differant in that there is less wadding in the palm of your hand. so they addressed a real issue.

Communication between rider and pits/friend/other rider

Increasing visibility for night race/riding/practicing

Better do it yourself iron on numbers/name/sponsors
Gringoe
11/13/2014 6:42pm
Kawaboy14 wrote:

diz330 wrote:
I agree, I'm just putting it out there on the forum to maybe help brainstorm something. Yea, I don't really seem to see the need for...

Kawaboy14 wrote:
Novik are differant in that there is less wadding in the palm of your hand. so they addressed a real issue. Communication between rider and pits/friend/other...
Novik are differant in that there is less wadding in the palm of your hand. so they addressed a real issue.

How are they different? Tons of brands make a product just like novik. Taking material out and taking away support for feel doesn't "address a real issue" it's just a different type of glove...

Sheesh
hvaughn88
11/13/2014 6:45pm
I know this isn't exactly groundbreaking, but I think the teams that have fabbed up adjustable subframes could really be on to something
oshow
11/13/2014 6:47pm
I would like a check for 10 Grand so I can buy a new bike and proceed to cause disturbances all with a smile.
diz330
11/13/2014 7:11pm
diz330 wrote:

Kawaboy14 wrote:
Novik are differant in that there is less wadding in the palm of your hand. so they addressed a real issue. Communication between rider and pits/friend/other...

Gringoe wrote:
How are they different? Tons of brands make a product just like novik. Taking material out and taking away support for feel doesn't "address a real...
How are they different? Tons of brands make a product just like novik. Taking material out and taking away support for feel doesn't "address a real issue" it's just a different type of glove...

Sheesh
Agreed, nothing innovative about them from my perspective. All the gear companies make a lower and higher end one..if you want more feel just buy the cheap ones.
Skippie
11/13/2014 7:26pm
Affordable, durable and lower-performance motocross bikes. Few of us have $7k to drop on a new 125 and that's pretty much as cheap as you can...
Affordable, durable and lower-performance motocross bikes. Few of us have $7k to drop on a new 125 and that's pretty much as cheap as you can get in a new full sized MXer.
People need to put the pipe down and realize this is NEVER going to happen. Unless you want to be riding around on aircooled two stroke it's not going to happen.
enketchum
11/13/2014 9:40pm
Gloves with protection on every knuckle joint. .....

I'm pretty sure Bolt Everywear is making some. They did a survey and found that everyone wants protection on the fingers of gloves.
swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3811th
11/14/2014 12:25am Edited Date/Time 11/14/2014 12:25am
enketchum wrote:
Gloves with protection on every knuckle joint. ..... Gloves with protection on every knuckle joint. ..... Gloves with protection on every knuckle joint. ..... I'm pretty...

I'm pretty sure Bolt Everywear is making some. They did a survey and found that everyone wants protection on the fingers of gloves.
What did they say about protecting your eyes?

I hope your post is sarcasm. If people are concerned about knuckle protection they should invest in a pair of handguards, to you know...protect their hands.

TailSoHard
11/14/2014 6:51am
Gringoe wrote:
Interesting thought but I don't think would translate to Moto. The only reason besides performance in the pedal stroke, is you use them on a bicycle...
Interesting thought but I don't think would translate to Moto. The only reason besides performance in the pedal stroke, is you use them on a bicycle is to pick the back end up with your legs, and that wouldn't be necessary or really feasible on a Moto bike.
The only reason I used to use clip-ins on the MTB was because it holds your foot on the pedal in the same spot all the time. I don't notice any increase in power, and it seems to be the trend that people are moving back towards flat pedals lately. With the amount of awesome pedals (and footpegs) on the market today, you can get enough grip to hold your foot as good as a clip-in style. If it were me, I'd take a $100 pair of flat pedals over $100 clip-ins any day.

You'd be better off making moto footpegs with removable/adjustable pins... except I already have those on my bike, so never mind haha
Kawaboy14
11/14/2014 7:01am
diz330 wrote:

Kawaboy14 wrote:

Gringoe wrote:
How are they different? Tons of brands make a product just like novik. Taking material out and taking away support for feel doesn't "address a real...

Sheesh
then don't buy them!
steveada
11/14/2014 7:07am
A light weight, adjustable gear ratio shaft drive for an mx bike.
Electronically controlled air shocks and forks that self adjust to rider weight, terrain, and speed.
MR. X
11/14/2014 7:09am
Make a drill bushing that mounts to a swing arm to drill out rear axle adjuster bolts. It's painful to read reports from people who can't simply drill out a broken bolt without screwing it up even more.
Graybeard
Fantasy
2206th
11/14/2014 7:17am
I need to buy talent/speed/stamina.............
Anyone???????
Anyone???????
O___o
11/14/2014 7:23am
linkage bearings should be cartridge bearings. there's no real reason why, that in 2014, they should be looseball, unsealed roller bearings. (other than japanese stubborness and obsession with "feel")

If one were so inclined, they could put together a cartridge bearing conversion kit for the linkage, include modified hardware if needed. Call your company 'lifetime linkage" and offer some sort of warranty.

All I ask for my idea is a box full.
Gringoe
11/14/2014 7:33am
Kawaboy14 wrote:

Gringoe wrote:

Sheesh
Kawaboy14 wrote:
then don't buy them!
I won't! Don't make up bullshit!
Darryl916
11/14/2014 8:06am
O___o wrote:
linkage bearings should be cartridge bearings. there's no real reason why, that in 2014, they should be looseball, unsealed roller bearings. (other than japanese stubborness and...
linkage bearings should be cartridge bearings. there's no real reason why, that in 2014, they should be looseball, unsealed roller bearings. (other than japanese stubborness and obsession with "feel")

If one were so inclined, they could put together a cartridge bearing conversion kit for the linkage, include modified hardware if needed. Call your company 'lifetime linkage" and offer some sort of warranty.

All I ask for my idea is a box full.
Actually a really good idea!

Darryl916
11/14/2014 8:12am

Make something to hold my helmet so I can pressure wash the mud off it without blowing it all over the place! Extra points if it's breathable so the inside can dry.

Post a reply to: Are There Any Products You Feel Are Missing In The Motocross Marketplace?

The Latest