Arai XMpro?

markit
10/28/2014 10:11am Edited Date/Time 10/28/2014 3:36pm
I had a local painter paint this helment around 2006 and its been setting on a shelve sence. i fairly sure its a xmpro mid 2k's. He lost most the hardware, onlythting I got back was the metal screen. The guy painted over the original strips so im going to sand it right and have a go at painting it but i need to get the foam peace and other parts. Ill put up a photo off my phone shortly if someone has one let me know what else is missing? Where is the best place to get the older parts from? Check out the super cool viser screws he installed, at least the thresd where correct.LOL
|
markit
10/28/2014 10:13am

BigMX
10/28/2014 10:16am
What are you planning to do with this helmet? at over 8 years old, it's no longer safe to wear for protection....
markit
10/28/2014 10:27am
I'm cool with your thoughts, been racing from 75 and if the helmet wasn't cracked or badly damaged we road. I'm going to ride with it. I have gear way older than that hell my helmet Thor SVR is likley 8 years older than this one and if not usiing one o my class helmets i use it.LOL
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
10/28/2014 11:16am Edited Date/Time 10/28/2014 12:55pm
You paid someone to paint the helmet white ? I see Arai stuff on ebay every now and then

The Shop

MX087
10/28/2014 12:53pm
I have painted helmets since the mid 90's for local riders to help pay for some racing, i own 2 Arai helmets, and have painted a few over the years. Any time i called Arai they were more than a happy to help me out with what i needed if i provided them with the serial number. I have gotten everything from liners down to the double sided tape to reinstall the vents,give them a call
they are a great company to deal with
Skerby
10/28/2014 12:53pm
I have seen people run steel hardware for visor fasteners before. I always wondered how safe it was, like if you landed on your head where the fastener is, would it poke into your brain?
10/28/2014 1:02pm
markit wrote:
I'm cool with your thoughts, been racing from 75 and if the helmet wasn't cracked or badly damaged we road. I'm going to ride with it...
I'm cool with your thoughts, been racing from 75 and if the helmet wasn't cracked or badly damaged we road. I'm going to ride with it. I have gear way older than that hell my helmet Thor SVR is likley 8 years older than this one and if not usiing one o my class helmets i use it.LOL
Helmets should not me used over 5 or so years old, it has nothing to do with the shell being in good condition. The part of the helmet that absorbs energy when you crash is the styrofoam under the shell, the styrofoam is a very specific density/stiffness to absorb the correct amount of energy so it doesnt go to your brain. Styrofoam, like all plastics, will get harder as it ages and as it gets harder it transfers too much energy into your brain instead of absorbing it.

Put that thing on the shelf and get a new helmet.
MX087
10/28/2014 1:19pm
I agree with Kartwheel,I've had people try to get me to paint helmets that I would no way ride in, the foam does breakdown over time, when i paint them i make sure the paint doesn't make contact with the styrofoam in any way even thru the vents,I would contact Arai you would be surprised at how well they will work with you, I had a bad crash in an VX-PRO that a footpeg caught and did alot of damage after calling Arai, sending pictures and mailing them the damged one they stepped up and sent a replacement, more than I ever would have expected. I usually try to get 5 years out of one now since i dont ride much but my kids get one every 2 years.
BigMX
10/28/2014 1:53pm
MX087 wrote:
I agree with Kartwheel,I've had people try to get me to paint helmets that I would no way ride in, the foam does breakdown over time...
I agree with Kartwheel,I've had people try to get me to paint helmets that I would no way ride in, the foam does breakdown over time, when i paint them i make sure the paint doesn't make contact with the styrofoam in any way even thru the vents,I would contact Arai you would be surprised at how well they will work with you, I had a bad crash in an VX-PRO that a footpeg caught and did alot of damage after calling Arai, sending pictures and mailing them the damged one they stepped up and sent a replacement, more than I ever would have expected. I usually try to get 5 years out of one now since i dont ride much but my kids get one every 2 years.
I took a 2-3 minute nap in this Arai and threw it in the trash! I wish I had contacted Arai, maybe they would have given me a new one...

TriRacer27
Fantasy
42nd
10/28/2014 2:44pm
markit wrote:
I'm cool with your thoughts, been racing from 75 and if the helmet wasn't cracked or badly damaged we road. I'm going to ride with it...
Helmets should not me used over 5 or so years old, it has nothing to do with the shell being in good condition. The part of...
Helmets should not me used over 5 or so years old, it has nothing to do with the shell being in good condition. The part of the helmet that absorbs energy when you crash is the styrofoam under the shell, the styrofoam is a very specific density/stiffness to absorb the correct amount of energy so it doesnt go to your brain. Styrofoam, like all plastics, will get harder as it ages and as it gets harder it transfers too much energy into your brain instead of absorbing it.

Put that thing on the shelf and get a new helmet.
X2
ktm212
10/28/2014 3:11pm
You can get a new snell approved helmet for like 150 bucks and it'll serve you better then that 10 year old arai. Dont be cheap, it's your dome.
SwapperMX
10/28/2014 3:22pm
the model is a VX Pro by the way.
Olson
10/28/2014 3:36pm
Garbage.

Post a reply to: Arai XMpro?

The Latest