Anyone you know racing Loretta Lynn's ?

peelout
8/2/2012 10:33am
i know i already mentioned it in the other lorettas thread,

but my cousin, Pierce Brown is killing the 65cc 7-9 class this week. swept both first moto's so far, hopefully he can go 3 for 3.

in the 7-11 mod class he had a bad start and a wreck and came from the back to finish 12th and was running the leaders times. they race this afternoon, hopefully he can get a start with the leaders and put on a good battle
Tracktor
8/2/2012 10:37am
It seems there is some misunderstanding how classes work? For the most part-
A=Pro
B=Intermediate
C=Junior
D=Beginner
Take away the C classes from any "Championship" and you lose most of the riders/income. Who is going to throw a huge event for just a few riders and be guaranteed to lose money?............................
sharkey
8/2/2012 10:50am
peelout wrote:
i know i already mentioned it in the other lorettas thread, but my cousin, Pierce Brown is killing the 65cc 7-9 class this week. swept both...

but my cousin, Pierce Brown is killing the 65cc 7-9 class this week. swept both first moto's so far, hopefully he can go 3 for 3.

in the 7-11 mod class he had a bad start and a wreck and came from the back to finish 12th and was running the leaders times. they race this afternoon, hopefully he can get a start with the leaders and put on a good battle
hes doing great. normally him ,miller and mann are batting tough but it seems like mann is having a tough time this at LL this year but hes done well at the other big races. not sure if max miller is hurt or whats up with him
Big
8/2/2012 10:57am
jeffro503 wrote:
You think that every single "Junior' rider on the gate at Loretta's started riding only 2yrs ago? Every single one of them will be "B" class...
You think that every single "Junior' rider on the gate at Loretta's started riding only 2yrs ago? Every single one of them will be "B" class INT riders when LL's is done. There aint no beginner class at Loretta's.......unless you're talking peewee class.
Okidoki. Got Ya!Whistling

The Shop

peelout
8/2/2012 11:03am
peelout wrote:
i know i already mentioned it in the other lorettas thread, but my cousin, Pierce Brown is killing the 65cc 7-9 class this week. swept both...

sharkey wrote:
hes doing great. normally him ,miller and mann are batting tough but it seems like mann is having a tough time this at LL this year...
hes doing great. normally him ,miller and mann are batting tough but it seems like mann is having a tough time this at LL this year but hes done well at the other big races. not sure if max miller is hurt or whats up with him
yeah, and he is usually with or behind Robertson too... both moto's he has won by large margins.

he has always done better on the stock bikes than the mods though, Mann finished really well in the 7-11 mod class
4stroke4DWIN
8/2/2012 11:21am
Big shout out to Brandy Richards girls (12-15) she went 2 and 2 with her last moto Fri. Bring that title back to ARIZONA for us.
sharkey
8/2/2012 4:57pm
peelout wrote:

sharkey wrote:
hes doing great. normally him ,miller and mann are batting tough but it seems like mann is having a tough time this at LL this year...
peelout wrote:
yeah, and he is usually with or behind Robertson too... both moto's he has won by large margins. he has always done better on the stock...
yeah, and he is usually with or behind Robertson too... both moto's he has won by large margins.

he has always done better on the stock bikes than the mods though, Mann finished really well in the 7-11 mod class
yeah that 7-11 mod class is just plain crazy because you basically have the top 20 from both age classes in there. its stacked. we see ethan mann and max miller ride alot around here when theres not a big national going on. its pretty tough for any fast kid around here to make it into the show with those two and if any cali transplants come up for the regional when they have it at washougal plus they only take 4 from this region. pierce looks like hes on the gas though. he set fastest time in the last moto even though he finished 8th. looked like a bad start and a crash at some point.
jeffro503
8/3/2012 2:05pm
Got a text from Craig Herzog ( Cody's dad ).....and Cody went 1 - 1 - 1 for the overall championship in the 450C Stock class! So he won his first title. He has gotten a 3rd and a 5th in the 250 C Stock class so far.....so fingers crossed that he can make a top three overall.......be an end to a great week. he has worked his ass off for this! Here is to hoping he can do well in the INT class next year!
DonM
8/3/2012 5:35pm
Kip and Kirk Bigelow of the Bigelow brothers from Michigan. They are both in the 50+ class and I have raced with them both quite a...
Kip and Kirk Bigelow of the Bigelow brothers from Michigan. They are both in the 50+ class and I have raced with them both quite a few times up here in D-14. Kip works for the AMA these days and both of them can still haul the mail! Go Michigan Mafia!
jeffro503 wrote:
Mike....is that the same Kip Bigelow that raced the nationals years ago? If so....he was a great privateer. Wasn't he on KTM's back in those days...
Mike....is that the same Kip Bigelow that raced the nationals years ago? If so....he was a great privateer. Wasn't he on KTM's back in those days? The old white ones?
You might be thinking of Kris as he rode the white Husky's in 85 but not as a privateer he was on the factory team that year.
4stroke4DWIN
8/3/2012 6:26pm
Big shout out to Brandy Richards she pulled out the Title today in girls 12-15. Arizona is stoked.
jeffro503
8/3/2012 6:35pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2012 6:37pm
Kip and Kirk Bigelow of the Bigelow brothers from Michigan. They are both in the 50+ class and I have raced with them both quite a...
Kip and Kirk Bigelow of the Bigelow brothers from Michigan. They are both in the 50+ class and I have raced with them both quite a few times up here in D-14. Kip works for the AMA these days and both of them can still haul the mail! Go Michigan Mafia!
jeffro503 wrote:
Mike....is that the same Kip Bigelow that raced the nationals years ago? If so....he was a great privateer. Wasn't he on KTM's back in those days...
Mike....is that the same Kip Bigelow that raced the nationals years ago? If so....he was a great privateer. Wasn't he on KTM's back in those days? The old white ones?
DonM wrote:
You might be thinking of Kris as he rode the white Husky's in 85 but not as a privateer he was on the factory team that...
You might be thinking of Kris as he rode the white Husky's in 85 but not as a privateer he was on the factory team that year.
@ Don.....that is who I was thinking of. It was the white Husky's he was riding.....for some reason I thought they were KTM's. Yep " Kris " was who I was thinking of.

@4stroke4DWIN : Congrats to Brandy man.....that is awesome!

BTW......in this whole thread I forgot to mention another NW rider that migrated down south to live in Texas , and that's Matt Bisceglia!! I have been watching the kid ride since he was on 50cc bikes as well and know his dad Don pretty dang well. Great family and I'm really happy for them.
Switch
8/5/2012 4:24pm
My nephew won the (4-6) Shaft Drive title with a 3-1-1. Was 2nd off the start in the 1st moto and went down on the first lap before the 10 commandments. Got up around 10th-12th and came back to third, crossing the line literally right beside 2nd place Jude Kozel (who rode an awesome moto and ended the week 2nd overall). 2nd moto, he started 2nd again, ran 2nd for the first lap then got into the lead and won by a few seconds.

Going into the last moto, he had a 3-1 and Bridger Bruce had a 1-3. Braxton got the holeshot and led every lap, even laying down the fastest lap of the moto on the last lap. He rode smart and consistant the first two moto's and laid it all on the line in the last moto, clinching his first title. In his 2 years at LL's so far, his moto scores are 4-3-9-3-1-1.

Congratulations Braxton!

Braxton and his dad before the final podium
partialperson
8/6/2012 12:28am
We had 5 members of the Jackson County FBI on 6 gates and 2 alternates that didn't get the call. Justin Easton 2 stroke, Jake Lustig +25, Kennedy Kimmel Girls 9-13, Kobyn Kimmel 4-6 Shaft, Timmy Hawthorne in 2 plus classes 35 and 40. Marshall Blythe and Josh Hicks alternates. Jackson County is a rural area of Southern Illinois and has had 22 different riders attend LL's since its inception and over a 100 class entries, several top 10 overalls, 1 double Hall of fame member.

Post a reply to: Anyone you know racing Loretta Lynn's ?

The Latest