Anyone try the new Dunlop Geomax 32s?

GarySemics
Edited Date/Time 5/26/2014 7:10pm
I just mounted these bad boys up this afternoon. The 32s are for soft to intermediate terrain but they're suppose to be pretty good on hard packed too. Going to try them out tomorrow. It's going to be some medium terrain but mostly hard packed. I hear they'er the best thing since hip pockets. I've been using the Dunlop 51s and have really liked them but their newest Geomax invention is suppose to be a lot better. They're suppose to wear a lot longer too. I'll let you know after tomorrow. Anyone else try them yet?

|
ML512
Fantasy
54th
5/19/2014 7:27pm
I attended the intro, and have been putting quite a bit of time on both new tires. Dunlop really hit the mark with the 32, I'm still amazed how well rounded that tire is for different terrains.
Crush
5/19/2014 7:29pm
I hope they work out for you, i'm guessing they will if you liked the 51 front, yikes, I could never get along with that thing!
PJ205
5/19/2014 7:40pm
Crush wrote:
I hope they work out for you, i'm guessing they will if you liked the 51 front, yikes, I could never get along with that thing!
Most terrifying front tire I have ever ridden with.
Crush
5/19/2014 7:43pm
Yeah I just always felt like it was wandering... no matter if it was fluff, hardpack, heavy sand etc. Good in clay but what tyre isn't?

The Shop

Grizz
5/19/2014 7:45pm Edited Date/Time 5/19/2014 7:46pm
Haven't tried them yet but boy I sure do love hip pockets.

I'm just hoping I can start getting 51's cheaper
ktm212
5/19/2014 7:52pm
Been running the back a little and it is pretty good on most surfaces, much better then the tires its replacing. The front is pretty good on everything but a little skatey on really hard packed, but seemed much better then any recent dunlop where there was a little top soil for it to grab. I ran the 52 this weekend for the first time, of course it rained so it the mud it was a little slippery but as the track dried out it got much better. Still a big big fan of the bridgestone 403/404 and the fact that they last. The 32 rear lost its edge pretty quick but with 5 hours on it still looks ok on my 450.
loftyair
5/19/2014 9:05pm
Son put the 52 rear on for a half day, told me to take the worthless rubber off and put a well used but much better working 404 on. Said the 32 worked ok on hardpack, but sucked otherwise. Just his opinion. Rides a yz250 2stroke, so cal intermediate.
jeffro503
5/19/2014 9:11pm
Those 32's look like soft terrain only wouldn't you think? Some wide spacing for any Int-hard surface I would think. I'm a bridgestone fan.....especially with the 403 / 404....BUT , I've been doing some riding on the 203 / 204 lately and I'm digging them as well!
bvm111
5/19/2014 9:52pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Those 32's look like soft terrain only wouldn't you think? Some wide spacing for any Int-hard surface I would think. I'm a bridgestone fan.....especially with the...
Those 32's look like soft terrain only wouldn't you think? Some wide spacing for any Int-hard surface I would think. I'm a bridgestone fan.....especially with the 403 / 404....BUT , I've been doing some riding on the 203 / 204 lately and I'm digging them as well!
I'm waiting for the 32 to become available as it sounds perfect for my area. I was running the 403/404 and the rear has been really good but the front hasn't quite worked in the soft/ intermediate conditions here in northern NV.

I just mounted a 203 on the front and can't wait to try it next weekend... Jeffro You think I should pop for the 204 rear or just run the 404? it hasn't been too bad except in the deep sand.... How has the 204 been for you?
Crush
5/19/2014 10:43pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Those 32's look like soft terrain only wouldn't you think? Some wide spacing for any Int-hard surface I would think. I'm a bridgestone fan.....especially with the...
bvm111 wrote:
I'm waiting for the 32 to become available as it sounds perfect for my area. I was running the 403/404 and the rear has been really...
I'm waiting for the 32 to become available as it sounds perfect for my area. I was running the 403/404 and the rear has been really good but the front hasn't quite worked in the soft/ intermediate conditions here in northern NV.

I just mounted a 203 on the front and can't wait to try it next weekend... Jeffro You think I should pop for the 204 rear or just run the 404? it hasn't been too bad except in the deep sand.... How has the 204 been for you?
Isn't the 203 the hardpack Bridgestone?
bvm111
5/19/2014 11:04pm
jeffro503 wrote:
bvm111 wrote:
I'm waiting for the 32 to become available as it sounds perfect for my area. I was running the 403/404 and the rear has been really...

Crush wrote:
No the 203/204 is bridgestones soft/intermediate tire, I think the hard is the 703/4?
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
5/19/2014 11:23pm
They are awesome tires! I rode them on soft/int and they stuck like glue. Coming from Bridgestone 404/403 it was night and day.

I was able to ride some hard terrian(hard pact straights and out of corners) and they were pretty slick. I'm not sure if any tire would have worked though.

So far they are holding up really well.
jeffro503
5/19/2014 11:51pm
bvm111 wrote:

Crush wrote:
bvm111 wrote:
No the 203/204 is bridgestones soft/intermediate tire, I think the hard is the 703/4?
Yep.....correct. The 203/204 is setup for more of a softer terrain and they really work good! I'm running that combo from now on , or until things really start to dry out around here. I think when we start getting into the hard pack , blue groove stuff....I think the 403 / 404 may work a tad better and may last longer as well. But if you have any sort of good traction out there....." for me " personally I like the 203 / 204 combo. Really noticed that little extra grip in the front when you start getting aggressive......makes braking and cornering a little more enjoyable.

As far as the dunlops go.....I think I'll be sticking with the Bridgestones until I hear that the dunlops are holding up. ( longevity wise ) That is THEE best thing about those Bridgestones.....they hold up longer than any brand of tire I've ever used! I got really tired of burning through a full set of Michelins S12's or M12's in ONE big ride day! Love the Mich's.....but damn , they were putting me in the poor house!
40Plus_922mx
5/19/2014 11:52pm
Hated the 51's. Had better luck with the Maxxis sx tire.
But I still miss my all time favorites the 755's.
tek14
5/20/2014 1:40am
32 rear worker great first couple runs but after knobs lost edge tire didnt give any traction. I felt 31 rear worked better when get more hours but 32 was great when new. At front new 32 seems longer lasting than 31 was and i havent lost side knobs so fast on hard surface days.
5/20/2014 2:00am
tek14 wrote:
32 rear worker great first couple runs but after knobs lost edge tire didnt give any traction. I felt 31 rear worked better when get more...
32 rear worker great first couple runs but after knobs lost edge tire didnt give any traction. I felt 31 rear worked better when get more hours but 32 was great when new. At front new 32 seems longer lasting than 31 was and i havent lost side knobs so fast on hard surface days.
i think the mx31 front was much more specific for conditions (ie wouldnt work on anything other than sand) - the mx32 seems like a much better intermediate tyre- i think they work across a much broader range of conditions than the mx31 did. Still not tried the mx52s yet, got a few sets in the workshop- not sure there will be much need for the mx52s though with the mx32s working so well on intermediate conditions!

You will never beat the mx71s for full on blue groove hardpack! they are awesome- but no good for anything other than fulll hardpack. Same with the mx11s- only for deep sand!
5/20/2014 2:55am
The 32 front is great, but the rear your best bet is using it as a marker for a turn track
Crush
5/20/2014 5:44am
Crush wrote:
bvm111 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Yep.....correct. The 203/204 is setup for more of a softer terrain and they really work good! I'm running that combo from now on , or until...
Yep.....correct. The 203/204 is setup for more of a softer terrain and they really work good! I'm running that combo from now on , or until things really start to dry out around here. I think when we start getting into the hard pack , blue groove stuff....I think the 403 / 404 may work a tad better and may last longer as well. But if you have any sort of good traction out there....." for me " personally I like the 203 / 204 combo. Really noticed that little extra grip in the front when you start getting aggressive......makes braking and cornering a little more enjoyable.

As far as the dunlops go.....I think I'll be sticking with the Bridgestones until I hear that the dunlops are holding up. ( longevity wise ) That is THEE best thing about those Bridgestones.....they hold up longer than any brand of tire I've ever used! I got really tired of burning through a full set of Michelins S12's or M12's in ONE big ride day! Love the Mich's.....but damn , they were putting me in the poor house!
haha... Well not that there is any soft terrain here but lucky if I ever got that the wrong way round!

Haven't had my 403/404s on my 350 yet but I love them on my Bro's RMZ450... Glue under a thong on a hot day! Especially coming off the fuckin 51 that was on my bike at the front!
IceMan446
5/20/2014 7:55am Edited Date/Time 5/20/2014 7:55am
jeffro503 wrote:
Yep.....correct. The 203/204 is setup for more of a softer terrain and they really work good! I'm running that combo from now on , or until...

The bridgestone M59 front tire is the best front tire I have ever used. Ever.

I dont think I will ever stop using that tire. And I can go through two or three rears before I have to change the front!

But on the rear I would def want to try the new Dunlop 32.
ob
5/20/2014 8:21am
What about the new bridgestones? What are they, the battle crosses or something. I haven't seen any news about them yet. Most people around here run the 404 403 so a new version would be cool.
GarySemics
5/20/2014 5:37pm
GarySemics wrote:
I just mounted these bad boys up this afternoon. The 32s are for soft to intermediate terrain but they're suppose to be pretty good on hard...
I just mounted these bad boys up this afternoon. The 32s are for soft to intermediate terrain but they're suppose to be pretty good on hard packed too. Going to try them out tomorrow. It's going to be some medium terrain but mostly hard packed. I hear they'er the best thing since hip pockets. I've been using the Dunlop 51s and have really liked them but their newest Geomax invention is suppose to be a lot better. They're suppose to wear a lot longer too. I'll let you know after tomorrow. Anyone else try them yet?

I got to try them today...not disappointed in the least. They are everything I expected and then some. Now I know why most of the pro teams use Dunlop: Honda, Factory Connection's Geico Honda, Monster Kawasaki, Pro Circuit, Red Bull KTM, Yoshimura Suzuki, RCH, Rockstar KTM and Star Yamaha.

Here's a short 3:45 video of Ty and I riding today at my track in Lisbon OH.

https://youtu.be/o8-T-TkSwEg
RIV747
5/20/2014 6:26pm
IceMan446 wrote:
The bridgestone M59 front tire is the best front tire I have ever used. Ever. I dont think I will ever stop using that tire. And...
The bridgestone M59 front tire is the best front tire I have ever used. Ever.

I dont think I will ever stop using that tire. And I can go through two or three rears before I have to change the front!

But on the rear I would def want to try the new Dunlop 32.
LOL! I've been using the M59 Bridgestone also. Best front tire since the 756 went away.
5/20/2014 7:16pm
Gary semics, the dunlops that the teams use arent even close to the garbage they sell, im sure there a new sponsor of yours but people that have to pay for there stuff dunlop isnt the tire to be using. The mx32 front tire is good but dunlops wear out while your bike is sitting in the driveway.
5/20/2014 8:01pm Edited Date/Time 5/20/2014 8:02pm
Gary semics, the dunlops that the teams use arent even close to the garbage they sell, im sure there a new sponsor of yours but people...
Gary semics, the dunlops that the teams use arent even close to the garbage they sell, im sure there a new sponsor of yours but people that have to pay for there stuff dunlop isnt the tire to be using. The mx32 front tire is good but dunlops wear out while your bike is sitting in the driveway.
So...the MX 32 is garbage? Not to anyone who has ridden them.

The tread pattern / mold is the same as the spec tire. Spec tires have lighter carcasses. That lower weight mainly impacts suspension settings / rebound. They do wear fast...but that is precisely because the compound is not far off the pro spec tire. Pros dont care about wear when they just throw a new set on.

I can not help but laught about MXers who complain about tires. Take up kart racing (or any larger 4 wheel racing)...and then you will understand what tire expense really is. Last Sprint GNs I went to....I took 12 sets of tires to contest two classes....and that was a spec tire. That was $2500 in tire for two races.
GarySemics
5/21/2014 9:11am
GarySemics wrote:
I just mounted these bad boys up this afternoon. The 32s are for soft to intermediate terrain but they're suppose to be pretty good on hard...

I found this YT vid about the new Dunlop Geomaxs. Hear it from the top pros using the tires. I know they're sponsored but they have a say in what they use.
https://youtu.be/S9aNxnF0sEs
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/21/2014 9:47am
Gary semics, the dunlops that the teams use arent even close to the garbage they sell, im sure there a new sponsor of yours but people...
I think you'd find that production and race tires are a lot closer than they used to be.
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
5/21/2014 9:57am Edited Date/Time 5/21/2014 9:57am
I need some of them yellow decals for my tires like the pros.....where do you get those?
IceMan446
5/21/2014 10:05am
RIV747 wrote:
LOL! I've been using the M59 Bridgestone also. Best front tire since the 756 went away.
Exactly.

Doesnt matter what kind of dirt you are on or if its loam or hard pack, you know what the M59 front is going to do and it holds up really well.

I will give the 32 front a try but I will have a fresh M59 waiting!
tek14
5/21/2014 10:07am
So...the MX 32 is garbage? Not to anyone who has ridden them. The tread pattern / mold is the same as the spec tire. Spec tires...
So...the MX 32 is garbage? Not to anyone who has ridden them.

The tread pattern / mold is the same as the spec tire. Spec tires have lighter carcasses. That lower weight mainly impacts suspension settings / rebound. They do wear fast...but that is precisely because the compound is not far off the pro spec tire. Pros dont care about wear when they just throw a new set on.

I can not help but laught about MXers who complain about tires. Take up kart racing (or any larger 4 wheel racing)...and then you will understand what tire expense really is. Last Sprint GNs I went to....I took 12 sets of tires to contest two classes....and that was a spec tire. That was $2500 in tire for two races.
I have run down box of MX32 and like i said they are great when new and also lighter than MX31. Old MX31 just last much longer which is important for many hobby riders. Havent really run 52 but it might be better for hobby riders because lasts longer.
Pirelli soft 32 also works same way than Dunlop 32.. good on many surfaces but doesnt last long.

Post a reply to: Anyone try the new Dunlop Geomax 32s?

The Latest