Anyone signing up for DirecTV Now?

VoR
Intro for their 100 channel pack is only $35, intro does not expire as long as you subscribe. May have incremental increases as cost rise etc.

Not a bad option as it includes FS1 & FS2 as well as NBC Sports. No DVR function yet and available locals are limited, 2 simultaneous streams plus you should be able to use providers apps for on demand etc.

But you can get 3 mos for $105 and they'll give you a Gen 4 Apple TV 32GB

https://directvnow.com/appletv#slide1
|
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
12/1/2016 3:03pm Edited Date/Time 12/1/2016 3:05pm
I had AT&T Uverse for 6 years but ditched it starting this month for PlayStation Vue. For $40 a month I get every channel I want with the exception of History channel (not on Vue yet) and that includes FS1, FS2 and NBC Sports Network. I use my PS4 and Fire TV boxes to run the PlayStation Vue app. It is awesome.

*Edit* Not trying to say PlayStation Vue is better or worse than DirecTV Now. I'm just sharing my experience in cutting the cord for a similar alternative.
cameron96
12/1/2016 3:20pm
Wow i wish we had this in Canada...

Currently pay 89$ for eastlink and an additional 15$ a month for the fox sports package witch has fox sports Racing. All that just to get supercross... can't even get outdoors
moto589
12/1/2016 3:29pm Edited Date/Time 12/1/2016 3:31pm
TV is changing. Be interesting to see what happens if the acquire TimeWarner
Skidaddle
12/1/2016 3:46pm
731chopper wrote:
I had AT&T Uverse for 6 years but ditched it starting this month for PlayStation Vue. For $40 a month I get every channel I want...
I had AT&T Uverse for 6 years but ditched it starting this month for PlayStation Vue. For $40 a month I get every channel I want with the exception of History channel (not on Vue yet) and that includes FS1, FS2 and NBC Sports Network. I use my PS4 and Fire TV boxes to run the PlayStation Vue app. It is awesome.

*Edit* Not trying to say PlayStation Vue is better or worse than DirecTV Now. I'm just sharing my experience in cutting the cord for a similar alternative.
Is this thru the net? Or do you still need "Cable"

The Shop

IceMan446
12/1/2016 4:06pm
Skidaddle wrote:
Is this thru the net? Or do you still need "Cable"
Through the net.

IceMan446
12/1/2016 4:22pm
731chopper wrote:
I had AT&T Uverse for 6 years but ditched it starting this month for PlayStation Vue. For $40 a month I get every channel I want...

Can you do the same thing with the firestick? or just the box?
IceMan446
12/1/2016 4:30pm
HuskyEd wrote:
Does it have MAV TV?
It deosnt. But you can stream the motos.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
12/1/2016 4:42pm
IceMan446 wrote:
Can you do the same thing with the firestick? or just the box?
You can use the app on fire stick as well but I've heard it is much slower to load the guide, etc. and therefor not as nice as it is on the fire tv box. I only have the fire tv box so I can't say for sure about the experience on the fire stick.
12/1/2016 4:55pm
HuskyEd wrote:
Does it have MAV TV?
IceMan446 wrote:
MavTV is channel 214 on DirectTV, and it is included in most, if not all, of the packages. Dish Network does not carry Mav currently. http://www.mavtv.com/dish-network-awareness
DirectTV Now which works over the internet doesn't have MavTV. Direct TV (satellite dish) does. They are completely separate products.
Starcrossed
12/1/2016 5:04pm
IceMan446 wrote:
MavTV is channel 214 on DirectTV, and it is included in most, if not all, of the packages. Dish Network does not carry Mav currently. http://www.mavtv.com/dish-network-awareness
DirectTV Now which works over the internet doesn't have MavTV. Direct TV (satellite dish) does. They are completely separate products.
Gotcha. I hadn't heard of Direct TV Now. I thought the "Now" in the OP's post was in reference to a new offer.

JerseyFresh
12/1/2016 5:07pm
Keep in mind that actual satellite or cable has way superior picture quality. I did the streaming thing forever and just got DIRECTV. It's night and day and I can dvr everything.
stremme12
Fantasy
3700th
12/1/2016 5:10pm Edited Date/Time 12/1/2016 5:14pm
Sling TV has fs1, fs2 and NBC sports for $29.99 a month.

Cloud DVR is currently in beta and should be out soon for sling.
IceMan446
12/1/2016 5:10pm
Gotcha. I hadn't heard of Direct TV Now. I thought the "Now" in the OP's post was in reference to a new offer.

I though his question was regarding Playstation Vue, which does not have MAVtv.

I guess we may have both missed the boat!
EricY
12/1/2016 5:11pm
I signed up for the 3 month thing and dropped my Directv Dish subscription. So far not super impressed. No DVR function, no rewind/FF, and as of now they don't authenticate many apps. Other than that the video quality is really good.

DVR function is supposed to be coming, I use rewind a lot when I watch the races.
stremme12
Fantasy
3700th
12/1/2016 5:12pm
Keep in mind that actual satellite or cable has way superior picture quality. I did the streaming thing forever and just got DIRECTV. It's night and...
Keep in mind that actual satellite or cable has way superior picture quality. I did the streaming thing forever and just got DIRECTV. It's night and day and I can dvr everything.
That is going to depend on you internet connection and what rate you stream at. I can stream TV with just as good as quality as satellite. Trust me I currently do both.
12/1/2016 5:14pm
Cut the cord 3 months ago. Just a firestick kodi and modbro. Modbro is sketchy sometimes. Im going to check out sling tv if its 30 bucks.
stremme12
Fantasy
3700th
12/1/2016 5:19pm
Cut the cord 3 months ago. Just a firestick kodi and modbro. Modbro is sketchy sometimes. Im going to check out sling tv if its 30...
Cut the cord 3 months ago. Just a firestick kodi and modbro. Modbro is sketchy sometimes. Im going to check out sling tv if its 30 bucks.
I'd recommend sling. No contract and just pay monthly. They had a deal that if you pay 3 months in advance you get a free Roku. May check into that if you need another device to stream. I also use Kodi but not on a firestick. There is plenty of cheap android boxes with faster processors that are super easy to set up and way faster than a firestick. The firestick gets really glitchy when you start streaming things on Kodi.
12/1/2016 6:04pm
Cut the cord 3 months ago. Just a firestick kodi and modbro. Modbro is sketchy sometimes. Im going to check out sling tv if its 30...
stremme12 wrote:
I'd recommend sling. No contract and just pay monthly. They had a deal that if you pay 3 months in advance you get a free Roku...
I'd recommend sling. No contract and just pay monthly. They had a deal that if you pay 3 months in advance you get a free Roku. May check into that if you need another device to stream. I also use Kodi but not on a firestick. There is plenty of cheap android boxes with faster processors that are super easy to set up and way faster than a firestick. The firestick gets really glitchy when you start streaming things on Kodi.
What android device would you use for kodi?
stremme12
Fantasy
3700th
12/1/2016 6:19pm
stremme12 wrote:
I'd recommend sling. No contract and just pay monthly. They had a deal that if you pay 3 months in advance you get a free Roku...
What android device would you use for kodi?
I currently use a Mi box. You can get them at Walmart for $70 then you can install Kodi on it and load all the stuff to watch TV shows and movies. It's really simple to do and there are tons of YouTube tutorials. No need to purchase a "jail broke" firestick or anything. It literally takes minutes to install that stuff and you're not jailbreaking anything.
cdiazg
12/1/2016 6:51pm Edited Date/Time 12/1/2016 6:56pm
cameron96 wrote:
Wow i wish we had this in Canada... Currently pay 89$ for eastlink and an additional 15$ a month for the fox sports package witch has...
Wow i wish we had this in Canada...

Currently pay 89$ for eastlink and an additional 15$ a month for the fox sports package witch has fox sports Racing. All that just to get supercross... can't even get outdoors
I recently bought a streamsmart box that uses kodi. Its awesome and can use it anywhere in the world as long as you have good internet. Has evwrything you'd want. Movies, series, live tv. Has fs1, fs2, nbc sports, and a couple of weird channels like motors tv where I saw smx cup and lile for free.
nickkraze
12/1/2016 7:26pm
moto589 wrote:
TV is changing. Be interesting to see what happens if the acquire TimeWarner
Not gonna happen, that presses some serious monopoly concerns. I can't see federal regulators actually allowing that merger/acquisition to happen.
Sargent Rock
12/1/2016 8:08pm
Direct TV is evil....beware. Hidden charges on the appliance,find another way, not worth the committment.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
12/1/2016 8:14pm Edited Date/Time 12/1/2016 8:16pm
Keep in mind that actual satellite or cable has way superior picture quality. I did the streaming thing forever and just got DIRECTV. It's night and...
Not the case for me. I have 1080p picture quality no different than my U-verse. It will depend on your internet speed though so if you can't get fast internet where you live then your image quality may suffer. I have ridiculous internet speed though at 1gbps down/up. I can run several 4K streams through Amazon simultaneously without a hiccup.

Post a reply to: Anyone signing up for DirecTV Now?

The Latest