Anyone here buy this A kit from eBay????

nch209
Saw this earlier today and made a lowball offer--- and sent a request for some more details. By the time I got the response, they had already sold. Don't often see them for Yamaha models...

I was reluctant b/c the seller had no feedback, and PayPal and eBay jack you around forever if a problem does arise. Price seemed almost too good, but who knows... Conversely, if this proves to be legit, looks like a great deal.

Link
http://m.ebay.com/itm/222533049458?_mwBanner=1&ul_ref=http%253A%252F%25…

So did anyone snag these???
|
DanDunes818
6/3/2017 6:57pm Edited Date/Time 6/3/2017 6:58pm
nch209 wrote:
Saw this earlier today and made a lowball offer--- and sent a request for some more details. By the time I got the response, they had...
Saw this earlier today and made a lowball offer--- and sent a request for some more details. By the time I got the response, they had already sold. Don't often see them for Yamaha models...

I was reluctant b/c the seller had no feedback, and PayPal and eBay jack you around forever if a problem does arise. Price seemed almost too good, but who knows... Conversely, if this proves to be legit, looks like a great deal.

Link

As a seller on eBay, I can tell you, you're wrong. You will 100% of the time get your money back from eBay if there's an issue. The minute a dispute or return is filed, the money is frozen in sellers account. And, if he is a new seller, they are generally not allowed to touch the money if it's a big ticket item until the buyer receives the item. When I first started selling, I sold a $1200 item and could not access the money until the buyer received the item.

Seldom does eBay "jack buyers around." Some sellers might try, but if you know you are 100% guaranteed by eBay and let the buyer know you know that, he will immediately back down. Sellers now, they're the ones that get jacked with on eBay. The system is 100% designed to protect buyers and some times the buyers aren't being straight up.

sickboy3636
6/3/2017 7:08pm
nch209 wrote:
Saw this earlier today and made a lowball offer--- and sent a request for some more details. By the time I got the response, they had...

Link

As a seller on eBay, I can tell you, you're wrong. You will 100% of the time get your money back from eBay if there's an...
As a seller on eBay, I can tell you, you're wrong. You will 100% of the time get your money back from eBay if there's an issue. The minute a dispute or return is filed, the money is frozen in sellers account. And, if he is a new seller, they are generally not allowed to touch the money if it's a big ticket item until the buyer receives the item. When I first started selling, I sold a $1200 item and could not access the money until the buyer received the item.

Seldom does eBay "jack buyers around." Some sellers might try, but if you know you are 100% guaranteed by eBay and let the buyer know you know that, he will immediately back down. Sellers now, they're the ones that get jacked with on eBay. The system is 100% designed to protect buyers and some times the buyers aren't being straight up.

Brother I second this! As the owner of an eBay store for going on 10 years now, I can assure you, they error 100% of the time on the side of the buyer. I've maintained 100% feedback for going on 5 years now.....and I can assure you its because I've taken it on the chin over and over again. I've let people keep the product and given full refunds with shipping because I know I stand no chance of fighting, and the risk of bad feedback just isn't worth it. If you buy through eBay and pay through PayPal......you are extremely protected as a buyer, esp against a new seller. I also have bought consistently from eBay for....gosh I'm aging myself here....but prob coming up on 20 years now. And I seriously can't even remember a bad interaction with a seller, I've had numerous problems, but money refunds and returns have been simple and quick. I'm not saying bad sellers aren't out there, but the system is set up 100% for you.
nch209
6/3/2017 7:08pm
^
Well then you know more than me. . . And apparently I have bad luck because I could go to great lengths on how eBay and PayPal sucks in many ways, but it's not the point of this thread. Just wondering if anyone here made a play for these...
roguemx
6/3/2017 8:48pm
I went through a 4 month battle with PayPal over a set of a-kit I bought off eBay. They kept saying I bought a motorcycle and they don't refund bikes/vehicles. I was out a few grand until I finally got ahold of someone who spoke English, and he fixed it. I had to have pro circuit write a letter stating the horrible nature of what I bought. Fork lugs were welded and everything, pictures hid it perfectly.

The Shop

langhammx
Fantasy
455th
6/3/2017 10:37pm
That was a good deal, you shouldn't have low balled the guy. Just sayin'...., Wink
T-Fish
Fantasy
173rd
6/4/2017 1:08am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2017 1:10am
A friend of mine is selling a set of Ohlins kit suspension for a 2010 (and whatever years fit) Yamaha. He told me the other day he wants $1,500 for it.
nch209
6/4/2017 4:42pm
Well guess no one who saw this post got em.

I'll agree that buyers have more power than sellers on the bay, but had my fair share of bad luck as a buyer. No need to dwell that stuff up, but the auction looked a bit too good to be true, and I didn't feel like wagering $1700 and dealing with a potential head ache. If someone did grab them for that price, they did extremely well.

Post a reply to: Anyone here buy this A kit from eBay????

The Latest